Shounen - Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji | Page 97 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Never forget. And this wasnt even Ippo in his prime.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
New chap.

Sendo shows whos the boss.

BlackTiger

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Alfredo is similar to Volg. Alfredo shifted from brawler to technician while Volg shifted from outboxer to infighter. Maybe this is the first fight that Sendo will experience fear.

Sereen123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ahhh i finally caught back up to the manga... man i sure am loving this sendo vs alf fight. Who do you guys think will end? I feel for story progression either Sendo wins or gets critically injured as maybe a catalyst for why Ippo returns to the ring. I remember reading a couple months ago about how when Date went to mexico he retired and now when Ippo goes to mexico he will unretire but i don't know. What do you guys will finally cause ippo to return to the ring and or finally "cross the line"? I feel like it has to do something with Kumi or his mom as a parallel to Date returning because of his wife. I don't think the coach is gonna die. I do remember reading a theory a couple years ago of Takamura failing to win his 6th weight class and having to retire and that is what causes ippo to return so he can win the 6th title for the coach but idk about that either.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Ahhh i finally caught back up to the manga... man i sure am loving this sendo vs alf fight. Who do you guys think will end? I feel for story progression either Sendo wins or gets critically injured as maybe a catalyst for why Ippo returns to the ring. I remember reading a couple months ago about how when Date went to mexico he retired and now when Ippo goes to mexico he will unretire but i don't know. What do you guys will finally cause ippo to return to the ring and or finally "cross the line"? I feel like it has to do something with Kumi or his mom as a parallel to Date returning because of his wife. I don't think the coach is gonna die. I do remember reading a theory a couple years ago of Takamura failing to win his 6th weight class and having to retire and that is what causes ippo to return so he can win the 6th title for the coach but idk about that either.
You know, I am not sure. From a Narrative standpoint, this could go in multiple directions and work to push Ippo. I think it will be Sendo who pulls ahead but will be "broken" from Alf. That's just my thought here. Alf winning doesn't do much for the story besides him maybe killing Sendo. Revenge wouldn't fit Ippo and it would be a shallow motivation for him to return. Whatever it is I don't think it will be this fight that pushes Ippo back besides helping to convince him he still has something to offer.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I still don't understand what the author is trying to do with Ippo. We already know that Ippo did not have that motivation that the likes of Takamura and Sendo have. Yet, I feel he dragged this whole process quite a lot. I am genuinely sick and tired of Ippo acting like a little bitch. It's simple, he clearly has feelings of regret and yet, he still doesn't seem to have his motivation.

Might as well rename this manga Hajime no Sendo or Hajime no Takamura, it would be more entertaining that way

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I still don't understand what the author is trying to do with Ippo. We already know that Ippo did not have that motivation that the likes of Takamura and Sendo have. Yet, I feel he dragged this whole process quite a lot. I am genuinely sick and tired of Ippo acting like a little bitch. It's simple, he clearly has feelings of regret and yet, he still doesn't seem to have his motivation.

Might as well rename this manga Hajime no Sendo or Hajime no Takamura, it would be more entertaining that way
I like what he is doing with Ippo, it's addressing his biggest character flaw. I agree that it feels a bit dragged out but I think it will work out very nicely for us as a reader in the long run.

BlackTiger

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Ippo would come back. From recent chapter, the fight between Sendo and Alfredo sparked the flame within Ippo, reviving back his fighting spirit to comeback to the ring.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Ippo would come back. From recent chapter, the fight between Sendo and Alfredo sparked the flame within Ippo, reviving back his fighting spirit to comeback to the ring.
Yea it may have brought back that love of boxing. But it still hasn't given him a drive to win like he had when aiming for Miyata.

Sereen123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree, I don’t really think that this fight will bring ippo back. I’m thinking when ippo does come back that we can expect probably 3-4 matches before he goes up against Miyata or Ricardo and then the manga ends so I worry that we won’t get him returning for a while. The truth of the matter is that Takamura said around chapter 1290’s, is that unless something unimaginable happens ippo won’t come back, whatever that is idk. I also do believe that it will be either his mom or kumi that gives the final push though either that or someone gets critically injured and he says “I have to do this”

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
SENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY MAN
Go eat shit Alf, finally he looks like he is down

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Holy hell, what a last page!

Alf must be done for good, there wont even be a tencount...

WAR SENDO

BlackTiger

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Sendo finally got the respect he deserves.

This should be enough to lit the fighting spirit in Ippo back to come back to the ring.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kinda ironic that he used an ippotactic to win. Block with your head kiddo!

Sereen123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am sooo excited for Sendo vs Ricardo... I mean Sendo will lose but I can see him showing Ricardo’s weakness so ippo can use it in the future. That was a really brutal/short fight lol. It was what 10 chapters. When ippo fought Alf it was like 40 lol

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Sendo finally got the respect he deserves.

This should be enough to lit the fighting spirit in Ippo back to come back to the ring.
But why? I don't think this will be it, but it will help Ippo see where he went wrong.

Sereen123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree, i do not see Ippo returning at all until his students have their first pro match or at least pass their pro test and until Sendo fights ricardo.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Ricardo is such a monster really... That guy is gonna get trashed by Ricardo for sure. Hopefully, we will see Ippo considering coming back to the ring