Shounen - Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji | Page 98 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Hajime no Ippo by Morikawa Jyoji

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Jesus Christ, Ricardo is really bored isnt he?

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Seems Takamura has a fight lined up judging from this

I think we are getting closer to Takamura's first defeat. His left eye is fucked for sure

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dammit drop the eye thing. D:

From what i can see they are practicing the hien...

Sereen123

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If its not about the eye and just a regular super middle weight title match... does anyone else want the match to be one of those quick 1-2 chapter fights. Takamura still got 4 more title fights and I want to get to the heavy weight division soon.

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
YESSSS THE HYPE!!! WORLD SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION IS LEAKED

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Round 1318 摩天楼の男

一歩「おかしい…。コントは大好物なのに、絡んで来ない!」

木村「ああそうか。お前はまだ知らなかったな」

メキシコへ行っている間に、スーパーミドル級世界王者への挑戦が決まったという

一歩「凄いっ!ついに三階級制覇だ!どこで開催されるんです!?外国慣れましたからどこでも行きます!」

八木「開催国は…日本。国内開催は鷹村くんの条件だからね」

一歩「(そうだった。鷹村さんは何故かそれに拘っているんだった)」

八木「交渉は難航すると思っていたんだけど…。割とアッサリ、OKしてくれたよ」

そして八木が見せた資料にはその、WBC王者の写真とプロフィールが載っていた。金髪リーゼントで、サングラスをかけている

板垣「キース・ドラゴン。25戦24勝1分け無敗。国籍アメリカ。右利き。背丈は鷹村さんと変わらないのにリーチが長いなぁ。ボクサーファイターらしいですね」

一歩「ヘブンズキャノン?グランドキャノン?左フックや右ストレートじゃないのか?」

板垣「ユニークスキルですかね?」

八木「趣味の欄を見て」

趣味は『Mahjong』とある。何のことだか解らない一同…だが、この二人は知っていた

泰平「皆さんゲームやらないんスか?」

金田「麻雀ですよ」

一同「えーっ!?じゃあヘブンとかグランドとかは!?」

金田「『天』『地』。砲はアガリのことを和(ホー)っていうんで、掛けているのかと。『天和』『地和』っていう滅多に出ない役があるんですよ」

八木「日本には麻雀のプロがいると聞いた。是非戦ってみたい…と。で、日本開催を承諾してくれたんだ」

一歩「ボクシングはもちろん…麻雀も強いんですか?」

八木「日本のサラリーマンに教わったらしいんだ。とにかくバカヅキで手がつけられないと怖れられて、付いた通り名が…摩天楼の魔王(マンハッタンのデーモンキング)」

場所は変わって、アメリカの雀荘

そこには筒子の九蓮宝燈を揃え、役満アガリを決めたキースの姿があった…

キース「世の中理不尽なことが多いよね。ギャンブルもボクシングも人生も、腕が立っても勝てるとは限らない。俺は惚れられているのさ。幸運の女神に…ね」

鷹村「その男、強ぇよ」

青木「えー?勝負はやっぱり実力でしょ」

木村「力の差は運じゃ埋められないですよ」

鷹村「じゃあ聞くが…。世の中には絶対に世界王者になれない人間がいる。そいつは誰だ!?」

つづく(全18P)

巻末コメント:他社だけど 素晴らしかったよ あの映画

Translated using DeepL:

Round 1318 The Man in the Skyscraper

Ippo: "It's funny.... I'm a big fan of contrasts, but they don't get involved!

Kimura: "Oh yeah. You didn't know that yet.

While he was in Mexico, he said he was set to challenge for the super middleweight world championship.

Ippo: "Awesome! Finally, a third class victory! Where will it be held! I'm used to being in a foreign country, I'll go anywhere!

Yagi said, "The host country is...Japan. Hosting it in Japan is a condition for Takamura-kun.

Ippo "(That's right. Takamura-san was obsessed with that for some reason.)

Yagi: "I thought the negotiations would be difficult.... Relatively quickly, they said yes.

And the document Yagi showed me had a picture and profile of, well, the WBC champion. He's a blonde regent, and he's wearing sunglasses.

Itagaki: "Keith Dragon. 25 fights, 24 wins, 1 tie, and no losses. Nationality: American. Right-handed. His height is the same as Takamura's, but his reach is longer.

He seems to be a boxer fighter.

Ippo: "Heaven's Cannon? Grand cannon? Isn't that a left hook or a straight right?

Itagaki: "Is it a unique skill?

Yagi: "Look at the hobby section.

His hobby is described as "Mahjong". We had no idea what they were talking about... but these two knew.

Taihei: "Don't you guys play games?

Kaneda: "It's Mahjong.

They all said, "What? Then what about Haven and the Grand!

Kaneda: "'Heaven' and 'earth'. The gun is called 'Ho' for 'Agari', so I thought it was called 'Ho'. I have a role that I rarely play, 'Tenwa' and 'Chiwa'.

Yagi said, "I heard that there is a mahjong pro in Japan. I would love to compete... And he agreed to host the tournament in Japan.

Ippo: "You're good at boxing... and of course... mahjong?

Yagi: "Apparently, a Japanese businessman taught him how to do it. Anyway, he was scared that he was stupid and untouchable, so he got his street name...Demon King of the Skyscraper (Demon King of Manhattan).

Change of location, American Sparrow House.

There was Keith, who had aligned Tsutsuko's Nine Lotus Lanterns and made a tokumen agari...

Keith: "There's a lot of unreasonable things in the world. Gambling, boxing, life, you can't always win by being good at it. I'm in love with it. By the goddess of luck... right?

Takamura: "That guy's strong.

Aoki: "What? The game is about skill, isn't it?

Kimura: "You can't make up the power gap with luck.

Takamura said, "Then I ask you... There is a person in this world who will never become a world champion. Who is that person!

To be continued (18 pages)

Credit to sstt1122 (Dynamite Glove Forum)

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
For the sake of the story, Takamura has to lose. I think it will be an interesting character development for him, and perhaps the one thing Ippo needs so he can go back to the ring.

It is annoying to see Ippo so close to reach the answer and yet so far, and perhaps Takamura's fight will be the trigger he needs

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
That's it, Takamura knows something is wrong with him and which is why he is in a rush. Watch Ippo realise this only too late

Sereen123

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's it, Takamura knows something is wrong with him and which is why he is in a rush. Watch Ippo realise this only too late
Its either something wrong with him or the coach. Prefer it be takamura injury cause my heart would hurt if the coach died

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Its either something wrong with him or the coach. Prefer it be takamura injury cause my heart would hurt if the coach died
I think it's an injury and it has to do with his eye. Seems like Takamura knows he can't go on for too long and hence why he is really rushing to get the belts.

If we go by the patterns of Takamura's fights, he is bound to lose. His real fights are getting more gruesome and his win against Bison was very narrow. I don't think Dragon will defeat him tbh but Takamura will get wrecked badly this time, worse than against Bison

Sereen123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it's an injury and it has to do with his eye. Seems like Takamura knows he can't go on for too long and hence why he is really rushing to get the belts.

If we go by the patterns of Takamura's fights, he is bound to lose. His real fights are getting more gruesome and his win against Bison was very narrow. I don't think Dragon will defeat him tbh but Takamura will get wrecked badly this time, worse than against Bison
I personally don’t see him ever losing until or during the heavyweight fight. I can also see him being permanently injured during a fight and has to retire bc of it

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Takamuras career might not last longer than another 3 fights. This fight will put him to the test for sure.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Lmao these chapters with Yagi are hilarious... I find it funny how Yagi, Kimura and Aoki are talented at pretty much everything except boxing

Let's see if Yagi can manage to win here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Seems this fight might be too much for Takamura, in the sense that he might win but won't get out of it unscathed. No matter how you spin it, he has some problems with his eye.

Throwing these cryptic messages to Ippo only reinforces this. Perhaps Takamura being out of commission might push Ippo to come back

BlackHair

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I just had to leave this here. Since this feel like an important issue in the Edited Manga community. I have been reading scanlated manga for almost 20 years (tbh it's closer to 16-17 I think - but 20 sounds better xD) and the moment I read this message, I remembered the old days in which we had those spoiler photographs leaks of manga-pages. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece.. etc damn - good old times. I think I have been reading HnI for 15 years now. Still feel young in my heart.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone responsible to distributing manga around the globe. Because of you, I had the pleasure to read (for free). Your amazing work was, is and always will be much appreciated. There are not enough words to express my gratitude. Thank You. You know who you are.

Last edited:

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had to leave this here. Since this feel like an important issue in the Edited Manga community. I have been reading scanlated manga for almost 20 years (tbh it's closer to 16-17 I think - but 20 sounds better xD) and the moment I read this message, I remembered the old days in which we had those spoiler photographs leaks of manga-pages. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece.. etc damn - good old times. I think I have been reading HnI for 15 years now. Still feel young in my heart.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone responsible to distributing manga around the globe. Because of you, I had the pleasure to read (for free). Your amazing work was, is and always will be much appreciated. There are not enough words to express my gratitude. Thank You. You know who you are.

You’re missed you old fart. Haven’t seen you on this forum in ages.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So... i took a break and consumed like 20 chapters after another and damn, i like the way this is going. Mashiba arrived finally in the world, Miyata will be next and everytime the world will see: "lost to Makonouchi Ippo".

Martinez getting more and more intrigued is also fascinating. (While i hope Wally gets finished pretty fast)

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
No one else reading?

Ippo is right before a spar with Volg. 😭 Cant wait for him to demolish a worldchamp.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Still reading, but I am getting fed up with Ippo and the way the author is handling him. Morikawa drops some hints that Ippo might be considering boxing again, but the progress is so slow that it is tiresome (which at least gave us the opportunity to focus on other characters).

But I really believe Morikawa needs to speed up a bit. The pacing is very bad.

ZenbaaS

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
No one else reading?

Ippo is right before a spar with Volg. 😭 Cant wait for him to demolish a worldchamp.
Chapter was pretty good. Really loved seeing Ippo fighting again. I see there is a break next week..>! Dammit really excited to see what happens :D

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh boy. Since we know that ippo can actually counter now, volg is going down

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Really curious to see how this will go. He will most likely dodge Volg's punch, but I wonder whether he will unleash the Dempsey as well (I don't believe he will tbh)