Discussion - How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now? | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now?

roxas_strife2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What about: "Please don't put to much science into my beloved One Piece.", didn't you understand? Don't try to lecture me on physics, I already had that at school and university.-_- Yeah One Piece follows reality to some kind, but with people controling elements, being able to transform into animals or become a rubber man it's clearly a fantasy story, where things follow the authors wishes not the laws of nature. Most of the Rokushiki attacks should not be able, if we follow your logic, like Soru, Rankyaku and Geppou. If Kizaru is made out of light, why would it take him time to think or how is he able to think, if there is no brain to thinks being in thate state? [reth. question fyi]

The only real logic in DBZ was, that high gravity helped people to train and energy blast formed out of their inner power could destroy mountains and later even planets.
And even further into the series, they could destroy solar systems. I wouldn't use Dragon Ball Z as reference for the logical. They also used higher gravity to claim that time went by much faster in it(ex: Hyperbolic Time Chamber), which is related to a concept in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and possibly in other physics platforms, but I doubt it.

And if you wanted to get into it, how about you explain how Luffy can see in his heightened Gear 2 state, or how anybody can use Soru and maintain a line of sight, or how Logia's see when they use that ability that works a lot like instant transmission for them.

Last edited:

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
It's not about classes of logia, infact magma is the worst thing for ace. The reason oda better use for it to atleast make any sort of sense is that fire and magma can both produce an intense amount of heat, and both should be the same, however fire needs oxygen to burn, and magma is just hot molten rock that doesn't need oxygen to burn but could exhaust oxygen in the area, so when Ace got hit, his body COULDN'T become fire, due to no oxygen.

I love One Piece due to Oda thinks of good ways to counteract devil fruits then the ways people would think are obvious. Fire vs Water etc, but instead he does a fire vs magma, who would think ANYTHING would come of that?
Seriously I do agree with this but I thought a little about it and shouldn't smoke do the same to fire too? I mean shouldn't the smoke exhaust the oxygen as well? Smoke inhalation is extremely dangerous to humans due to the low amount of oxygen and high amount of toxic gases etc. So, smokers smoke should be able to prevent Ace from turning to fire as well, no?

Anyway, I think one of the bad thins Oda did was to nerf Enel down. I mean the guy is supposed to be lightning but whiled fighting Luffy he slowed down, a lot. Before that fight we saw him travel long distances in a short amount of time.

Personally I think Enel would be as hard to face as Kizaru except Kizaru might be able to counter you're Haki while Enel wouldn't. However Enel was/is a great fighter and smart to the only problem is his megalomani. I would probably place him besides Magellan.

Last edited:

Cizuz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Seriously I do agree with this but I thought a little about it and shouldn't smoke do the same to fire too? I mean shouldn't the smoke exhaust the oxygen as well? Smoke inhalation is extremely dangerous to humans due to the low amount of oxygen and high amount of toxic gases etc. So, smokers smoke should be able to prevent Ace from turning to fire as well, no?

Anyway, I think one of the bad thins Oda did was to nerf Enel down. I mean the guy is supposed to be lightning but whiled fighting Luffy he slowed down, a lot. Before that fight we saw him travel long distances in a short amount of time.

Personally I think Enel would be as hard to face as Kizaru except Kizaru might be able to counter you're Haki while Enel wouldn't. However Enel was/is a great fighter and smart to the only problem is his megalomani. I would probably place him besides Magellan.
But can smoker actually exhaust all of the oxygen in the area? And when we seen ace and smoker fighting they were swirling around eachother so aces body was always in contact with oxygen. I mean smoker might be able to completly surround aces and try to push all oxygen out of an area to prevent ace from becoming intangble. Plus here is what I didn't get, why didn't smoker use his sea stone rod on ace? I think both of them knew it was a pointless fight and didn't bother. See smoker could still have oxygen in in smoke, albiet at smaller quantities. On a side note, I don't know didn't think about it. We haven't been given an explanation for akainu vs ace, so I thought about it and thought what are the differences between magma and fire? Both are hot, both are logia, bother are intangible, but fire NEEDS oxygen to burn, then it hit me. He exhausted the oxygen.

However I think what akainu did was superheat the oxygen and burned it so that he could physically hurt ace. That or haki.

Even in DBZ though when using instant transmission they needed to think of a place, then move to it. They couldn't react.

Also this really has nothing to do with physics, it's logic. Until ODA actually states physics or logic don't apply in One Piece and that light speed is not the limit to speed, then it still apllies.

Last edited:

extrememangalover

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
When enel would come back to the story? will he change his god behavier when he comes back and become badass like admirals?

Personally, I really hope he comes back soon whether as a strong New World pirate or as a new strong admiral marine. He's way too strong for a sacrificing character in this manga. Maybe my man Oda has a plan for him but can't wait to see him improved his power(his fruit ability and better personality)

[mod= ~ Kaiser Will]Thread merged with "How powerfull is Enel considering everyone now?" Since both threads discuss the same subject, the possibility of the return of Enel.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

roxas_strife2

Reaction score
Country
United States
But can smoker actually exhaust all of the oxygen in the area? And when we seen ace and smoker fighting they were swirling around eachother so aces body was always in contact with oxygen. I mean smoker might be able to completly surround aces and try to push all oxygen out of an area to prevent ace from becoming intangble. Plus here is what I didn't get, why didn't smoker use his sea stone rod on ace? I think both of them knew it was a pointless fight and didn't bother. See smoker could still have oxygen in in smoke, albiet at smaller quantities. On a side note, I don't know didn't think about it. We haven't been given an explanation for akainu vs ace, so I thought about it and thought what are the differences between magma and fire? Both are hot, both are logia, bother are intangible, but fire NEEDS oxygen to burn, then it hit me. He exhausted the oxygen.

However I think what akainu did was superheat the oxygen and burned it so that he could physically hurt ace. That or haki.

Even in DBZ though when using instant transmission they needed to think of a place, then move to it. They couldn't react.

Also this really has nothing to do with physics, it's logic. Until ODA actually states physics or logic don't apply in One Piece and that light speed is not the limit to speed, then it still apllies.
Ace can generate flames and turn into them. Just because someone strained the oxygen doesn't mean he can't do his thing. I theorize it was that he had a molting material that was both hotter and more substantial in a near liquid like state.

Wisshard

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
[...]And when we seen ace and smoker fighting they were swirling around eachother so aces body was always in contact with oxygen. [...]
Filler fight, all they did was a brief clash (as Ace and Aokiji in the war) in the manga.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Even though I do think enel is extremely powerful, I can't imagine him going up against the tough guys around. IMO he'd lose rather easily to all 3 admirals. I also think he'd lose to most of the shichibukai, commanders and VAs.... On the other hand, his power has shown to be immense to say the least. His ability does allow him to move fast but his actual physical capacities are not exceptionally high, IMO even characters who are not top tier would match him in that aspect.

Cizuz

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ace can generate flames and turn into them. Just because someone strained the oxygen doesn't mean he can't do his thing. I theorize it was that he had a molting material that was both hotter and more substantial in a near liquid like state.
I don't think you read my post at all. To make fire, you need to have oxygen, fire is just rapid oxidation of a material releasing vast amount of heat and combustion. What ace can do is turn himself into fire when oxygen is present. Which is basically everywhere normally. It's the same thing, sand with crocodile needs to be dry or else it will clump and stay solid. Crocodile being hit with water was the worst thing for him. I think we forget how strong some people like enel etc are.

Also same thing with enel, why does rubber solidify electricity? In the real world all rubber hitting electricity would do is cause electricity to move around it, or stay in one place, not turn to solid.

Aki1991

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I think with the right training after 2 years time skip he could be Admiral level.