Anime - HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4 | Page 58 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4

oidoke

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Well guys, this might be my final post here so I’m getting everything out here:

Best episodes of the entire series:
  • Episode 015
  • Episode 027
  • Episode 032
  • Episode 035
  • Episode 044
  • Episode 047
  • Episode 052
  • Episode 070
  • Episode 073
  • Episode 074
  • Episode 091
  • Episode 116
  • Episode 134
  • Episode 135
  • Episode 147
  • Episode 148

Worst episodes of the entire series:
  • Episode 006
  • Episode 013
  • Episode 038
  • Episode 048
  • Episode 062
  • Episode 076

Best changes from the manga:
  • Any of the scene rearrangements to make more contained mini-arc events
  • Changing character designs from the beginning to be consistent with the later parts of the series.

Worst changes from the manga:
  • All the plot changes concerning Kite and his relationship with Gon. Obviously this is the most critical one and it did affect the impact of the Chimera Ants arc
  • Merging the cooking and sushi tests together. Not only we missed how the Hunters were handling this unfamiliar situation but we missed out the full grasp of Menchi’s character as well as Hanzo’s establishing moment.
  • Hisoka’s massacre in the Hunter Exam
  • Every awesome Leorio moment except for punching Ging in the face. But for the long time they made him too useless compared to the others.
  • Omitting Maha entirely like he doesn’t exist.
  • Omitting Kalluto’s part of Hisoka’s escape plan.
  • Abridging Greed Island’s earlier parts because it removed some depths to the game’s system and what are the possibilities that could be done in that world.
  • The lack of focus on Gairo despite giving him focus in the manga like he’s gonna play an important role in the future.

Best filler:
  • Detention room (Episode 12)
  • Canary’s flashback (Episode 24)
  • Kurapika’s encounter with Mizukin (Episode 30)
  • Zushi’s Water Divination results (Episode 37)
  • Phantom Troupe vs Shadow Beasts (Episode 45)
  • Kite’s childhood (Episode 076)

Worst filler:
  • Killua spending time in the Butler’s house while his friends are playing a life & death game with Gotoh (Episode 25)
  • Chrollo prepares his disguise (Episode 49)

Notice that I didn't have much to add for the best changes and worst filler categories. I guess that tells us how faithful this adaptation was. The worst fillers could be even considered nitpicks and not really the "worst" of all. Though the changes I still think they were terrible decisions.
SHINOBI, I'm not new in this forum, I was just a silent member, but every week I did enter this forum, just to read your review/comparison of such a great and excelent work of art that is Hunter x Hunter. There are no words to express how grateful I am for your work. Keep up the good work!!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Last edited by a moderator:

KilluaZaoldyeck

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
とらのあな 名古屋店 @tora_nagoya
【名古屋店2F】【商品情報】『群青のマグメル 1巻』が入荷しました!特製イラストカードの特典もございます♪突如世界の中心に現れた新大陸マグメル。未知なる生物や資源が眠る大陸の出現に世界は再び探険家時代に突入!

magickirua

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I think that this is a new manga which Togashi liked and support, it already happened before.

abood

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
How Gon become more powerful than the king and pitou?

abood

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I did not understand, please explain to me:-_-

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I was re-watching episode 113 with my brothers...on a nice big screen tv (hooked up my computer to the tv and watched it on crunchyroll---god damn huggies ads. I hate babies now.) Anyhow there was something I was wondering about with the Killua/Ikalgo scene.

Ok so Killua goes into autopilot and kills the two ants then he seems to regret doing so.

I get that Killua is deviating from the plan. But why is he so upset? Like he could barely look Ikalgo in the eye.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I did not understand, please explain to me:-_-
He forcefully matured to reach that level, a strength he could have attained through training at the price of the destruction of his body. All of this in order to beat Pitou.

So I was re-watching episode 113 with my brothers...on a nice big screen tv (hooked up my computer to the tv and watched it on crunchyroll---god damn huggies ads. I hate babies now.) Anyhow there was something I was wondering about with the Killua/Ikalgo scene.

Ok so Killua goes into autopilot and kills the two ants then he seems to regret doing so.

I get that Killua is deviating from the plan. But why is he so upset? Like he could barely look Ikalgo in the eye.
Because he's the kind of character who likes to follow plans to the letters, and he liked to remind that to the others. I don't think he regretted it since it allowed him to save his friends, but it held some risks, Welfin noticed this.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
He forcefully matured to reach that level, a strength he could have attained through training at the price of the destruction of his body. All of this in order to beat Pitou.

Because he's the kind of character who likes to follow plans to the letters, and he liked to remind that to the others. I don't think he regretted it since it allowed him to save his friends, but it held some risks, Welfin noticed this.

I get that, but when Killua is running back he's like "what have I done" and seemed rather upset until Ikalgo reassured him that he did the right thing by saying "I owe you one."

Killua's actions and expressions seemed beyond someone upset that he just went off track.
To me it seemed more like he was upset about "abandoning Gon" (in his mind) or not trusting Ikalgo to be able to take care of the situation.

Kil

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Finally finished every episode of both the old and 'new' HxH anime, gotta admit I teared up a little bit (don't judge me!). As sad as it is that its finished, Im looking forward to seeing where things go in the future. The popularity of HxH is enough to cement the idea of a continuation for the anime after the manga gets some work done on it and Togashi, despite the hiatus, doesn't seem to be even close to finishing.

Hopefully the news of his recovery and getting back to work isn't just some BS.

Claver

Reaction score
Country
Germany
If the hiatus ended it would be the best thing ever, So many awesome things being set up. I just hope he doesn't just end up ramping up the power levels to a ridiculous degree like naruto and some other manga.

how do I use spoiler tags btw? thanks

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If the hiatus ended it would be the best thing ever, So many awesome things being set up. I just hope he doesn't just end up ramping up the power levels to a ridiculous degree like naruto and some other manga.

how do I use spoiler tags btw? thanks
Click on the insert button(the one with +).

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got my roommate started on the hunter x hunter anime!

We just finished the heavens arena arc, truly awesome shit

I encourage you all to do the same thing, try to get someone new into hxh!!!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Just got my roommate started on the hunter x hunter anime!

We just finished the heavens arena arc, truly awesome shit

I encourage you all to do the same thing, try to get someone new into hxh!!!
Dear, you're preaching to the choir,:XD I've already watched it a couple of times, but I failed to try to convince some people around me, unfortunately
. This show is awesome, won't spoil you but best is yet to come, next arc (Phantom Troup) is one of the best shonen arc ever ( also Chimera ants). Glad you & your friend are enjoying it, this show(& the original manga) deserves more love. :zomg

Edit : Ah sorry, haven't read properly, Gomen

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Dear, you're preaching to the choir,:XD I've already watched it a couple of times, but I failed to try to convince some people around me, unfortunately
. This show is awesome, won't spoil you but best is yet to come, next arc (Phantom Troup) is one of the best shonen arc ever ( also Chimera ants). Glad you & your friend are enjoying it, this show(& the original manga) deserves more love. :zomg
He's rewatching it. He even caught up with the manga.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States

Edit : Ah sorry, haven't read properly, Gomen
i have watched it several times and read the manga so im caught up, but i cannot wait until my roomate sees the CA arc, i know hes gonna love it

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have converted about 12 people to HxH and it makes me so happy. I got them started with the first few episodes and then I get text messages of them freaking out. That usually happens during the Yorknew and Chimera Ant arcs lol.