Anime - HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4 | Page 59 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I have managed to finished this series that I left hiatus for a while. The 2011 series seems to compensate for the 1999 series. Nevertheless they are still interesting on its own individually. The movies are good too.

I particularly like the Greed Island arc. Seeing that the two boys are enjoying themselves there is very satisfying. :super

I believe that this story has a lot of potential to continue for more and it's probably a matter of time for the producers to come out with new anime once they have more plots to cover.

Madhouse production is pretty good. :^_^

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I enjoy the HxH anime a lot, compared to say One Piece/Naruto/FT etc. I stopped after the Chimera arc so I'm keen to catch up.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You poor thing.
You will have sadness entering your life when you finished <:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Viz announces HxH English dub

Ann said:
North American anime and manga distributor Viz Media announced its English dub cast for the 2011-2014 Hunter x Hunter television anime series at its C2E2 panel on Saturday:

Source : Ann

Edit :
Here's a sample :

Last edited:

Inspector fan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm hopeful for the English dub. I have no faults yet, and I'm keeping an open mind.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It was an awesome an exciting ride, I give a 9.8 out of 10 to this great anime.and I only found 3 flaws, none of which are anything major or big.

The first flaw, is that some side characters didn't get enough screen time, such as leorio.

The second flaw, is that at certain fights hisoka was a little over powered.(mainly his fight with gotoh)

The third and final flaw, is that the first 2 episodes were a little boring.

And that's it, I found everything else to be perfect, especially the world building, the world building and the fights were absolutely flawless there are however two more extremely minor flaws, one is that gon despite being a very fun and cool character, he doesn't have enough depth, the other flaw is that I wished the chimera ants were just a little more developed, not that there was anything wrong with them either, they were awesome characters too.

Should I read the remaining chapters of the manga that didn't get animated yet? From which chapter should I start? Also, is there any other manga or anime as good as Hunter X Hunter and fullmetal alchemist?
howdy, i merged your thread into the existing anime discussion.

The answer to your question is a big YES.
The manga chapters are of high quality, they are not just an 'add on', they further the story logically and give kurapika more screentime, and hopefully leorio too ( he is shown in the new chapters).
The best chapter to start is chapter 339 or 340 (339 is the scene of ging together with gon on the world tree, 340 start a new arc).

Now, i am biased because HxH is my favourite manga by a FAR margin, but it is almost never wrong to suggest to read berserk or watch the old berserk anime (the manga is much better than the anime tho).

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone know if madhouse will ever do an anime continuation? I know that there probably isn't enough material to animate for a long-running series because tbh, the manga's art style for some reason annoys me to a great extent.

Anddo2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anyone know if madhouse will ever do an anime continuation? I know that there probably isn't enough material to animate for a long-running series because tbh, the manga's art style for some reason annoys me to a great extent.
No. Hopefully Madhouse will never be allowed to touch this IP ever again.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why??? Madhouse did an excellent job..

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No. Hopefully Madhouse will never be allowed to touch this IP ever again.
Madhouse is Hailed as one of the Best Studios atm in part due to their work on hxh, soooo....

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly, I dont get the comment. I sometimes feel they do the story more justice than Togashi himself, as Togashi can get shitty with his art. Of course, I am exaggerating, but even if you love Togashi's work, I cannot fathom how you can criticize the anime? One must go back to the anime discussion threads and check the posts who compared the anime to its previous work as well as the manga and you would know how good they've been.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Madhouse is Hailed as one of the Best Studios atm in part due to their work on hxh, soooo....
As far as I remember, their adaptation of Evangelion is what made them one of the best
But yeah, Madhouse didn't screw with HxH at all... Toei would have butchered the series

But then again, considering HxH's art in the manga, it's easy to make something better

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
It does make it easy, but thats just the artwork. I remember when the manga came out, i think ti was jsut 8 pages or of text and no art and everyone was like WTF happened here... The anime put it in very well.
The whole arc of Insect was terrible in the manga, of course, the poor translations didnt help either, but Madhouse integrated everything very well.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
It does make it easy, but thats just the artwork. I remember when the manga came out, i think ti was jsut 8 pages or of text and no art and everyone was like WTF happened here... The anime put it in very well.
The whole arc of Insect was terrible in the manga, of course, the poor translations didnt help either, but Madhouse integrated everything very well.
Well....let's not beat up on Togashi too much here. The zero chicken scratch chapters were mostly just the magazine versions, he did better (in some cases much better) for the volume releases.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well....let's not beat up on Togashi too much here. The zero chicken scratch chapters were mostly just the magazine versions, he did better (in some cases much better) for the volume releases.
Here is an example of exactly that. On the Left is the manga version and on the Right is the Tank version.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Here is an example of exactly that. On the Left is the manga version and on the Right is the Tank version.
Still the art is not all that good compared with other mangas... Just shows how good HxH's plot is actually, there are plenty of mangas with amazing art yet I don't like them because the story is really dumb

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Let me recap from a post earlier which summarises the entire series.

Well guys, this might be my final post here so I’m getting everything out here:

Best episodes of the entire series:
  • Episode 015
  • Episode 027
  • Episode 032
  • Episode 035
  • Episode 044
  • Episode 047
  • Episode 052
  • Episode 070
  • Episode 073
  • Episode 074
  • Episode 091
  • Episode 116
  • Episode 134
  • Episode 135
  • Episode 147
  • Episode 148

Worst episodes of the entire series:
  • Episode 006
  • Episode 013
  • Episode 038
  • Episode 048
  • Episode 062
  • Episode 076

Best changes from the manga:
  • Any of the scene rearrangements to make more contained mini-arc events
  • Changing character designs from the beginning to be consistent with the later parts of the series.

Worst changes from the manga:
  • All the plot changes concerning Kite and his relationship with Gon. Obviously this is the most critical one and it did affect the impact of the Chimera Ants arc
  • Merging the cooking and sushi tests together. Not only we missed how the Hunters were handling this unfamiliar situation but we missed out the full grasp of Menchi’s character as well as Hanzo’s establishing moment.
  • Hisoka’s massacre in the Hunter Exam
  • Every awesome Leorio moment except for punching Ging in the face. But for the long time they made him too useless compared to the others.
  • Omitting Maha entirely like he doesn’t exist.
  • Omitting Kalluto’s part of Hisoka’s escape plan.
  • Abridging Greed Island’s earlier parts because it removed some depths to the game’s system and what are the possibilities that could be done in that world.
  • The lack of focus on Gairo despite giving him focus in the manga like he’s gonna play an important role in the future.

Best filler:
  • Detention room (Episode 12)
  • Canary’s flashback (Episode 24)
  • Kurapika’s encounter with Mizukin (Episode 30)
  • Zushi’s Water Divination results (Episode 37)
  • Phantom Troupe vs Shadow Beasts (Episode 45)
  • Kite’s childhood (Episode 076)

Worst filler:
  • Killua spending time in the Butler’s house while his friends are playing a life & death game with Gotoh (Episode 25)
  • Chrollo prepares his disguise (Episode 49)

Notice that I didn't have much to add for the best changes and worst filler categories. I guess that tells us how faithful this adaptation was. The worst fillers could be even considered nitpicks and not really the "worst" of all. Though the changes I still think they were terrible decisions.
I am quoting SHINOBI-03 here cos i followed his posts after every episode comparing the manga and the anime. Even his 'worst" changes from manga list were actually pretty well done, however the animation remained great in those aspects as well.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Let me recap from a post earlier which summarises the entire series.

I am quoting SHINOBI-03 here cos i followed his posts after every episode comparing the manga and the anime. Even his 'worst" changes from manga list were actually pretty well done, however the animation remained great in those aspects as well.
What I judge the most when I watch the anime is the animation/soundtrack... I turn a blind eye to fillers as long as it doesn't impact the story too much or add interesting things (see Naruto fillers concerning Kakashi/Itachi/Kaguya etc), and the ability to portray the spirit of the manga

In that sense, MadHouse did not fail with HxH at all. Despite what that guy mentioned in his post, I have no "worst episode" at all, all of them were very enjoyable (heck I even disagree with him regarding Gyro, as the anime portrayed his backstory so well, I almost had tears), the soundtrack was excellent and I feel it fit with the HxH universe

If I have to give an example of a perfect anime, that would David Production's adaptation of Jojo which portrays the crazy universe of Jojo and the story, when you watch it you really do feel it is a Bizarre Adventure as the title suggests

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
now i might just start watching Jojo's bizarre adventure...

totally agree wiht you, i thought it did a fantastic job as well..

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There are honestly not many things to complain about with the HxH anime adaption.
I felt like the happy theme played too often, but that's kinda it.
Aside from that, the voiceactors, animators and sound artists did an outstanding job.