Hangout - J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The J-Music Show!

I'm proud of you for nominating Gintama alpha :crying

But mainstream stuff will always win :crying

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yes, the winners of that music contest are “Lovers by 7” and “Fight together by Amuro Namie”, I don’t know if they won because they are song from OP and Naruto respectively, but I must say I like both songs independently of them being songs from OP and Naruto. They’re both cool songs, so congrats to both of them! :confetti

@BBB Banana: Maybe we could have another music contest where not-main stream songs will be featured.

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Reviving this thread with news that I’m sure will make happy to all the Gackt fans here on MH:

Gackt/Gackpoid CD Is Gackt's 39th Top-10 Single
2 songs, first created with synthesized voice, set record for most top-10 singles by male soloist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Episode. 0," Gackt's first CD single in a year, sold 29,000 copies to rank #3 on the singles chart for the July 11-17 week. "Episode. 0" is the singer's 39th top-10 single since the limited edition of his solo debut, "Mizerable," was #3 back in June of 1999. Gackt had tied the male soloist record for most top-10 singles (38, held by Toshihiko Tahara since his "Ame ga Sakenderu" reached #8 nearly 19 years ago) — but thanks to "Episode. 0," Gackt now holds the new record by himself.

The two songs on Gackt's newest single, "Episode. 0" and "Paranoid Doll," were originally created by independent musicians mathru@KanimisoP and natsu (SCL Project) for a 2009 contest with "Gackpoid," a software that provides a synthesized Vocaloid version of Gackt's voice. Gackt had promised on the Nico Nico Live program at the time that he would record the songs with his own voice.

Kentarou Miura, the creator of the manga Berserk, illustrated the limited-edition first-pressing cover (another pic) for the "Episode. 0" single with a bundled DVD. Miura also drew the cover artwork for the Gackpoid software package.

Episode.0 - GACKT [PV]

Paranoid Doll - GACKT

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Destiny’s reaction to the news, to the covers and to listening the songs -> :luv

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Errrm... I don't know who decides this, but about how we make another round the J-show? I mean, the last one was in May and it's August outside. I've stocked up my knowledge of J-songs for quite an amount, so that I won't lose so desperatly like last time.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: J-Music Hangout

Anyone likes to listen to Kalafina here? I've just read at wikipedia today that they had released a new album called After Eden. I'm checking it out at the moment. The first song, Eden, is a rather positive, optimistic song. I feel like most Kalafina songs I listen to have this dark or sad atmosphere around it, so this is a great change for me. XD

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Anyone likes to listen to Kalafina here? I've just read at wikipedia today that they had released a new album called After Eden. I'm checking it out at the moment. The first song, Eden, is a rather positive, optimistic song. I feel like most Kalafina songs I listen to have this dark or sad atmosphere around it, so this is a great change for me. XD
I think I've heard that name somewhere before. Do they have any OP/ED songs? :headscratch

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I think I've heard that name somewhere before. Do they have any OP/ED songs? :headscratch
Sure. They do the soundtrack of Kuroshitsuji (Lacrimosa) and Puella Madoka Magica (Magia). I don't remember if the other songs are used as soundtracks of other series, but I know there are more. Bad memory. XD

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I love the guys that sing the Detective Conan opening, whoever they may be! The English version is also good. Detective Conan's detective theme song is one of my earliest childhood memories. Pay attention to the awesome solo at the end!

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Reviving this thread with news from the J-Music world :):

AKB48 to hold “Kohaku singing battle”
by ustar on December 5, 2011

On December 5th, popular idol group AKB48 announced through their official blog that they will be holding their own “Kohaku singing battle”!

AKB48 has been confirmed to perform at the annual New Year’s Eve music show, “The 62nd Kohaku Uta Gassen“, and they have also been promoting the show as a “supporter”. To prepare themselves for the big event, the group has decided to hold their own “Kohaku singing battle” themselves. Just like the original program, the members will divide into teams of “red” and “white”, and compete against each other.

AKB48’s “Kohaku singing battle” will be held on December 20th at TOKYO DOME CITY HALL. Tickets and other information will be revealed through their official blog at a later date.

Source: Oricon

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: J-Pop Oricon

Oricon reveals the result of monthly chart for November

by Shiso on December 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm

<Single>

1. “Meikyu Love Song” – Arashi : 11/2 (602,482)

2. “Okie Dokie” – SKE48 : 11/9 (421,366)

3. “Sexy Zone” – Sexy Zone : 11/16 (196,979)

4. “Pera Pera Perao” – Not yet : 11/16 (187,417)

5. “Saisho no Mail” – French Kiss : 11/22 (133,662)

6. “Anata e/Ooo Baby” – EXILE/EXILE ATSUSHI : 11/23 (119,583)

7. “Kaze wa Fuiteiru” – AKB48 : 10/26 (108,574)

8. “Spice” – Perfume : 11/2 (87,335)

9. “Ultra Lover” – 2PM : 11/2 (84,113)

10. “Refrain” – Sandaime J Soul Brothers : 11/9 (58,989)

<Album>

1. “Super Girl” – KARA : 11/23 (275,206)

2. “FIGHT” – Kanjani 8 : 11/16 (274,590)

3. “HOW CRAZY YOUR LOVE” – YUI : 11/2 (183,317)

4. “K album” – KinKi Kids : 11/9 (171,351)

5. “THE BADDEST~Hit Parade~” – Kubota Toshinobu : 11/23 (98,165)

6. “THE MUSEUM II” – Mizuki Nana : 11/23 (82,649)

7. “Beautiful World” – Arashi : 7/6 (70,487)

8. “UTAGE” – T. M. Revolution : 11/16 (45,080)

9. “Love Songs” – CheNelle : 7/20 (34,813)

10. “The Boys” – Shoujo Jidai : 11/5 (34,533)

Source: Oricon

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Arashi new single announced – Wild at Heart – theme song to drama Lucky Seven said:
Arashi has just announced their 37th single “Wild at Heart” which is featured as theme for TV drama series “Lucky Seven” staring member Matsumoto Jun. The release date for “Wild at Heart” is set for March 7th 2012! The single will come in a Regular CD only and a *Limited CD+DVD edition that includes DVD with music video for “Wild at Heart” and bonus 16-page booklet with lyrics. Not all the details are available yet but those that are follow,

The main coupling track hasn’t been announced but it will be a different new song on the 2 editions plus the Regular edition will have a additional third new song. The editions will have different cover art though as with all Johnny’s Entertainment artist publishing those isn’t allowed.

The Limited CD+DVD edition appears to be quite limited and many sites are showing it as already sold-out or no-stock.

Further reading >> http://www.comtrya.com/2012/arashi-...ild-at-heart-theme-song-to-drama-lucky-seven/

Negoto new single – sharp# – featured as opening for anime Gundam AGE said:
All female band Negoto has just announced the release details of the new single "sharp♯". The new single which is current featured as the opening theme to anime Mobile Suit Gundam AGE will be released on April 4 2012. “sharp#” will come in a Regular CD edition and a Limited Pressing edition with special anime inspired jacket cover and different track list.

The Regular edition includes the coupling track “drop” and track “Tonight” which is as song by the THE CRIBS that Negoto covered live. The Limited Pressing adds a re-recorder version of their hit song “Charon”, a remix of the title track by tofubeats, and the TV-size version of the title track.

The jacket covers aren’t released yet but will posted when they are.
http://www.comtrya.com/2012/negoto-new-single-sharp-featured-as-opening-for-anime-gundam-age/
Further reading >> http://www.comtrya.com/2012/negoto-new-single-sharp-featured-as-opening-for-anime-gundam-age/

Aqua Timez new single MASK and anime BLEACH ending theme said:
It's been over a year for a new single from Aqua Timez but the wait will soon be over with their 14th single “MASK” announced for release on February 22nd. Aqua Timez is well experienced with anime tie-ins and “MASK” is the current ending theme song for long running and popular anime BLEACH. Release details follow (no CD jackets yet),

Aqua Timez has provided anime theme songs for Naruto Shippuden ending theme “Mayonaka no Orchestra”, STAR DRIVER opening theme “GRAVITY O”, and twice before for BLEACH with opening themse “Velonica” and “Alones.”
http://www.comtrya.com/2012/aqua-ti...h-ending-theme-set-for-release-february-22nd/
Further reading >> http://www.comtrya.com/2012/aqua-ti...h-ending-theme-set-for-release-february-22nd/

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Okay, so I'm addicted to 99RadioService at the moment thanks to their contribution to Chihayafuru's two OP themes. So now planning to check their releases more. At first I thought the vocalist is a female, but turns out it's a male when I checked YOUTHFUL's PV a while ago, LOL~

Anyone has listened to their other tracks too? Or have you just discovered them like me? :XD

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
TM Revolution Nendoroid:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
AKB48 producer Akimoto Yasushi will produce the opening ceremony for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

ANN

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
AKB48 producer Akimoto Yasushi will produce the opening ceremony for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

ANN
It will take him six years to work on it?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cant believe Spyair is going on hiatus.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lately I've been listening to Maximum the Hormone. They're famous for the Death Note OP, What's Up People, but I've also enjoyed listening to Koi no Mega Lover. I like how the latter song contrast a happy, jubilant mood with their usual metal style. :XD

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yasuda Rei - Will is my second or third favorite cd this year (Ray's CD and livetune's are good ths year too). Brand New Day is such a good song.

Last edited by a moderator: