Round of 16 - Jellal Fernandes vs Jura Neekis vs Mirajane Strauss | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Jellal Fernandes vs Jura Neekis vs Mirajane Strauss

Which Fighter Advances?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 50 80.6%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Why can't Sema hit if Mira's airborne? If the comet/star hits her on the way down, she'll be hit the same way as if she's on the ground. If she avoids a direct hit somehow, the AoE of the blast will engulf her. Mira's not quick enough to dodge Sema (nor is Jellal for that matter).

GC can be dodged. But if Mira she's hit by the beams, regardless if she's flying, she'll take on damage, and likely too much to continue (if GC is full powered).

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sema, Grand Chariot, and Bind Snake can't hit Mira as long as she is airborne.

Mira can fly and Sema/Grand Chariot are ground based attacks, so the major damage and explosions only take effect once they hit the ground's surface.

Altairis is acceptable, it's more or less similar to some of Mira's Satan Soul blasts. Maybe a little stronger, but it isn't taking out Mira by itself.

Abyss Break is pretty strong, but takes too long to charge... too long for the likes of Mira anyways.

And actually, if you look at all of Jellal's spells, most of his attacks take quite long to charge, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on some of them.

But regardless, Mira has arial advantage here. It would be difficult for Jellal to land a hit on Mira with any of his spells.

The only two that have a chance at hitting Mira are Abyss Break and Altairis.

And that would take major aiming skills to hit a flying target like Mira.

Jellal has not shown to make such accurate shots.
(He only hit stationary targets like Erza, Natsu, and Simon in ToH Arc)

And spells like Abyss Break would take too long to charge that Mira could easily blitz him from the sky.

I guess I won't convince anybody at this point. But I still stand by my original decision:

Mira wins extreme-max diff.
Would just like to point out. Jellal has been shown to fly at high speed. With meteor + flight, bind snake and a hard to dodge GC isn't impossible.

anthony642

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't post much because I'm not really sure how I would match people up in these sorts of matchups, but I think one thing that has been brought up is Mira's aerial advantage. While that's certainly true, unless I'm mistaken she won't be able to use Macro in the air due to being in Satan Soul and not Seilah form. I think Jellal takes this match due to his absolute raw power and versatility as well as his speed. I'd be surprised if Satan Soul could match meteor, and even if it did then Macro wouldn't be able to be used so Mira would have to deal with Jellal's powerhouse spells. Obviously Jura is a factor as well, but I don't think he's really getting a lot of votes here so I'm just focusing on the Mira/Jellal matchup. Macro is obviously extremely powerful, but I don't think it's broken, and I think a wizard like Jellal who saw through Midnight's illusion could at least break through Macro enough to get away (however I will admit this is significantly lacking proof). On the flip side though, saying that Macro is impossible to resist is baseless as well because as far as I know it has only been used on people who have less magic power than the caster (at least implied). I say Jellal takes this with high difficulty.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
There's a lot of No Limits Fallacy going on here with Macro. The highest power level it's shown to be able to affect is Tartarus Erza which is weaker than both Jura and Jellal. Mira is thoroughly outclassed until she shows more feats, she has nothing to stand against either of them and them Jellal is more powerful than Jura by a landslide.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would just like to point out. Jellal has been shown to fly at high speed. With meteor + flight, bind snake and a hard to dodge GC isn't impossible.

Yeah, but here's the difference. Both Mira and Jellal can fly.

But I'll repeat myself one more time. Jellal's attacks are all ground-based.

Which means, whilst in the air, Mira's spells can still hit Jellal, but most of Jellal's spells can't hit Mira.

Jellal can only use Bind Snake if he comes into contact with Mira. Erza was affected by Bind Snake because she embraced him.

Mira isn't embracing Jellal in this fight... that I can guarantee you.

GC is only difficult to dodge if you are on the ground.

If Mira is flying fast at high speeds, any attacks launched from the sky will be easy to dodge.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
NLF is a flawed and made up term.

Like Freed creating runes that could stop Makorov back in Fairy Tail Festival where he made that rune to trap him in that place with natsu... Now Makarov was much stronger than Freed right? How was Makarov effected by the runes then?
Weaker magic can totally work on stronger mages

Macro should be able to effect Jellal.

Anyone can easily just say that Jella's magic cant work on demons because it hasnt been shown to effect demons lol see the problem with NLF? Its a 0 win arguement.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why can't Sema hit if Mira's airborne? If the comet/star hits her on the way down, she'll be hit the same way as if she's on the ground. If she avoids a direct hit somehow, the AoE of the blast will engulf her. Mira's not quick enough to dodge Sema (nor is Jellal for that matter).

GC can be dodged. But if Mira she's hit by the beams, regardless if she's flying, she'll take on damage, and likely too much to continue (if GC is full powered).

Actually Brandish, you brought up an important point, everybody should read this:

Sema and Grand Chariot can't hit Mira when she is airborne because they are launched from the sky.

Jellal summons those spells from the sky, so it'd be difficult to dodge if you were on the ground because of the massive explosions.

The actual ball of Sema and Grand Chariot in the sky aren't that big.

It's the large AoE explosions that make the spells look massive. And Jellal's spells only explode when it touches the ground.

It is much easier to dodge it while in the air, especially by flying at high speeds.

To put it into perspective, think of Goku's Spirit Bomb. It's pretty easy to fly and dodge that while you are in the air, but not when you are on the ground.

When the Spirit Bomb hits the ground, it explodes and creates a larger radius of AoE damage, which is why it seems so big. But the actual ball of energy is not that big in the sky.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sema, Grand Chariot, and Bind Snake can't hit Mira as long as she is airborne.

Mira can fly and Sema/Grand Chariot are ground based attacks, so the major damage and explosions only take effect once they hit the ground's surface.

Altairis is acceptable, it's more or less similar to some of Mira's Satan Soul blasts. Maybe a little stronger, but it isn't taking out Mira by itself.

Abyss Break is pretty strong, but takes too long to charge... too long for the likes of Mira anyways.

And actually, if you look at all of Jellal's spells, most of his attacks take quite long to charge, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on some of them.

But regardless, Mira has arial advantage here. It would be difficult for Jellal to land a hit on Mira with any of his spells.

The only two that have a chance at hitting Mira are Abyss Break and Altairis.

And that would take major aiming skills to hit a flying target like Mira.

Jellal has not shown to make such accurate shots.
(He only hit stationary targets like Erza, Natsu, and Simon in ToH Arc)

And spells like Abyss Break would take too long to charge that Mira could easily blitz him from the sky.

I guess I won't convince anybody at this point. But I still stand by my original decision:

Mira wins extreme-max diff.
Well Jellal has Meteor, meaning he can not only fly but with his speed he'd blitz Mira and easily be able to catch up to her. Jellal's shown that he's got a really good reaction speed as well, so any turns etc. she makes he'd easily be able to track and keep up with his speed. Sema and Grand Chariot can still hit while they're airborne, look at the version of Grand Chariot Jellal used in the GMG against Jura, it was scattered across the arena, so it wouldn't be hard for some of it to hit Mira, and hit her hard at that. Sema has a very large AoE as well, so even if Mira was airborne, she'd still get caught up in that. Given Jellal also has bind snake, he could just place that on her and then drop a Sema on her to finish it.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
You can't be serious...

Is saying that Macro doesn't work on everyone because it's never shown against everyone the best excuse you all can come up with? Seriously, stop denying things that are nothing more than facts.

I can say the same. Grand Chariot and Sema probably won't work on everyone because that's never stated or shown. Come on...

It's shown that Macro works against humans, demons and objects. Since there are no limits shown up to now, no one can say it doesn't work against every human. Again, this is nothing more than a biased excuse.

Guess Jellal is still going to win because he is a fan favourite.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Like Freed creating runes that could stop Makorov back in Fairy Tail Festival where he made that rune to trap him in that place with natsu... Now Makarov was much stronger than Freed right? How was Makarov effected by the runes then?

Anyone can easily just say that Jella's magic cant work on demons because it hasnt been shown to effect demons lol see the problem with NLF? Its a 0 win arguement.
NLF is made up just like everything in fiction, surprise surprise.
No one is saying that weaker magic can't work on stronger Mages, just that we shouldn't assume that it has no limit especially when it would be ridiculous if it didn't. P.S. the runes by the Magic Council were stated to be stronger than Freed's which means that Freed's do indeed have a limit that is based on his strength (because it would be impossible for the Magic Council's to be stronger if Freed's had no limit). No limit fallacy is used to stop absurd claims such as Macro working on Acnologia. Macro can work up to around the level it has shown it is capable of (Tartarus Erza) or Macro can gain complete control of Acnologia and Zeref, which is more reasonable to assume? When you operate on the assumption that nothing has a limit because there has been none shown you would have things like Silver being insta-freeze (what he did to Natsu) people like Zeref and Acnologia.

It's shown that Macro works against humans, demons and objects. Since there are no limits shown up to now, no one can say it doesn't work against every human. Again, this is nothing more than a biased excuse.
You think it works against Demons? You serious? Why do you think that Mirajane was able to resist it? It was explicitly stated that it didn't work against demons...
Now let me show you the flaw in your logic:
It's been shown that Zeref's death magic instantly kills everything, since there is no limits up until now, no one can say that he can't one shot Acnologia.
It's been shown that Fairy Law can one-shot people, since there is no limits up until now, no one can say that it can't one shot Acnologia.
It's shown that Brandish's size manipulation magic works against humans and objects. Since there are no limits shown up to now, no one can say it doesn't work against every human. No one can say that it can't shrink Zeref and Acnologia to the size of a rat.
Midnight's Refractor hasn't shown any limits on what magic it can refract up until now, it can reflect Acnologia's full strength roar.

See why this logic is flawed?

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

The fact you used NLF in that context proves you don't know what you're talking about nor do you know what NLF is. Being able to affect someone stronger than you isn't a NLF but saying Mira's macro can simply because it has effect people weaker and him and that macro is absolute is. The fact you tried to disprove this by using Jellal's conventional attacks further prove this, trying to say something makes sense when you don't even understand what it is......

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Jellal can zip around in the sky as well.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Jellal can cast Sema and it's AOE so huge that it looks like a nuke.So when he casts this spell when it can cover an entire city it will surely catch Mira even if she flies.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I'm sorry, but one of Sayla's attacks one-shotting ten spriggans?
I never said this, i said "AB can oneshot 10 spriggans and EA can erase ONE mage".
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You think it works against Demons? You serious? Why do you think that Mirajane was able to resist it? It was explicitly stated that it didn't work against demons...
Ha-ha. Macro works on demon. It works on Minerva (she is demon after all), it works on Seila (do you think she is not demon?), and yeas, it works on whole HELL CORE.
Macro doesn't work on Mira bs she takeover that ability, macro doesn't work only on another macro wizard.

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Jellal can cast Sema and it's AOE so huge that it looks like a nuke.So when he casts this spell when it can cover an entire city it will surely catch Mira even if she flies.
The cast for that is too long before he is even done casting it Mira would have used macro a long time ago on him, Mira and her Macro are too hex since we don't know macros limitation, Mira can probably solo everyone in this war with exception to a few.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
The fact you used NLF in that context proves you don't know what you're talking about nor do you know what NLF is. Being able to affect someone stronger than you isn't a NLF but saying Mira's macro can simply because it has effect people weaker and him and that macro is absolute is. The fact you tried to disprove this by using Jellal's conventional attacks further prove this, trying to say something makes sense when you don't even understand what it is......
This is what happens when you try to show that NLF (a flawed term ) is nonsense. I never said Macro was ABSOLUTE only that it could affect Jellal. Affect DOES NOT equal absolute. All i am saying is that one of her magics has an advantage over his. And since this is a fictional battle that we have no way of knowing the actual outcome, i can have the opinion of - Mira < Jellal, but Macro+Satan Soul > Heavenly Body Magic

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Actually Brandish, you brought up an important point, everybody should read this:

Sema and Grand Chariot can't hit Mira when she is airborne because they are launched from the sky.

Jellal summons those spells from the sky, so it'd be difficult to dodge if you were on the ground because of the massive explosions.

The actual ball of Sema and Grand Chariot in the sky aren't that big.

It's the large AoE explosions that make the spells look massive. And Jellal's spells only explode when it touches the ground.

It is much easier to dodge it while in the air, especially by flying at high speeds.

To put it into perspective, think of Goku's Spirit Bomb. It's pretty easy to fly and dodge that while you are in the air, but not when you are on the ground.

When the Spirit Bomb hits the ground, it explodes and creates a larger radius of AoE damage, which is why it seems so big. But the actual ball of energy is not that big in the sky.

I do agree with your assessment of Sema. The AoE of the blast will do less damage (much less imo) than being hit by the star/projectile. And I don't think the star is all that big.

But still, it's moving pretty quick, and it's getting shot down from the sky. Mirajane still has to fly out of the road assuming Jellal can aim it. If it hits her on the way down, it's over for her. I understand the point you're making though. And the expanded blast (the huge AoE) is probably not powerful enough to defeat Mira, she'd need to be hit by the star.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
If it hits her on the way down, it's over for her
Sema deal shity damage to OS (even Racer), they will be fine 5 min later.
Mira is much stronger than them (Mira>Cobra>>Midnight>>Angel>>>Racer) and they have not more def to block realy deadly attack (besides Cobra) but they survive Sema without take any serious damage from it.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:
As scheduled, Battle 8 of Bo16 is now closed for discussions. You still can vote for your choice until tomorrow (June 8th, 12.00 PM GMT). Thank you for participating.~ ahmadrizqik

Status
Not open for further replies.