Final - Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Jellal Fernandes vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Wins?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 47 54.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Well the same can be said for Jellal when it comes to fighting people of a comparable strength, and as has been pointed out previously in this thread, Jellal's strategy won't matter one bit if Natsu lands an attack (a spell) on Jellal in FDKM as it will very likely leave him in a very bad way or take him out entirely. Jellal doesn't have the durability needed to take too many of Natsu's attacks, and its his main downfall in this fight. Natsu on the other hand can take Jellal's attacks well and destroy Sema, plus Jellal can't charge up GC as it leaves himself open for attack. At the end of the day, Natsu takes this out.

I guess that is where little factors like slightly mitigated spells and intelligence comes into play. Jellal is smarter than Natsu. He will provide the difference there.
It could also be a matter of luck in the end. After all, they are comparable. I'd still take intelligence over firepower though.

Jellal.S.N

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
can take Jellal's attacks well and destroy Sema
As amazing as your arguments are, I am not agreeing with this point. Yea, Natsu can tank most or rather, ALL OF JELLAL'S ATTACKS including Sema. He can negate the heat of Sema but he can't destroy the rock. In fact, breaking the rock may damage him more as it is a falling meteor at high speed. I have also given up on the telekinesis thing as "it was used on fodders" but Natsu isn't breaking Sema. I will accept that with good strategical planning, he can evade it. Destroying Sema is not happening, but he won't be as affected as Oracion Seis due to heat immunity and we all know a huge falling rock is not that great a deal to Natsu:).
The way I see it, even if Jellal was a tad less intelligent, he would get stomped. Natsu maybe has better on the spot thinking but when it comes to strategies, its Jellal confirmed(Natsu also has some tho). Jellal, due to lack of durability feats, will get one shotted by Natsu's Demo fist for god sake, so running is not an option. Natsu is pretty much a dark souls boss, once he gets u... I don't need to finish that statement.:super

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
As amazing as your arguments are, I am not agreeing with this point. Yea, Natsu can tank most or rather, ALL OF JELLAL'S ATTACKS including Sema. He can negate the heat of Sema but he can't destroy the rock. In fact, breaking the rock may damage him more as it is a falling meteor at high speed. I have also given up on the telekinesis thing as "it was used on fodders" but Natsu isn't breaking Sema. I will accept that with good strategical planning, he can evade it. Destroying Sema is not happening, but he won't be as affected as Oracion Seis due to heat immunity and we all know a huge falling rock is not that great a deal to Natsu:).
The way I see it, even if Jellal was a tad less intelligent, he would get stomped. Natsu maybe has better on the spot thinking but when it comes to strategies, its Jellal confirmed(Natsu also has some tho). Jellal, due to lack of durability feats, will get one shotted by Natsu's Demo fist for god sake, so running is not an option. Natsu is pretty much a dark souls boss, once he gets u... I don't need to finish that statement.:super
This is where I direct you to earlier posts by members, myself included, that Natsu could destroy Sema with a Demoliton Fist, or Roar/FDK Roar. As you said, he can also evade it, but we've got arguments here that do say Natsu can destroy Sema, and I believe them to be sound.
Again, Jellal has no actual way to win this other that trying to avoid Natsu and going for chip damage as any big spells leave him open to attacks, so if that is Natsu getting "stomped", then I question your definition. Natsu all the way here, Jellal can't stand many attacks and will eventually get hit with an attack no matter how much dodging he does.

EmberSpirit

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
If there is no proof Grand Chariot has a charge time, then why didn't Jellal fire Grand Chariot off straight away and kill Neinhart? The fact he didn't fire it off straight away like we've seen previously clearly shows he was charging it up for a more powerful attack against Neinhart, and Jellal was stationary during that time while the fighting continued across Hargeon for at least a minute. The point is he was charging it up and you've just made another baseless statement.
He didn't start casting gc in first page. He started it when he did the hand gesture. He would release GC right there if it wasn't for Simon. Releasing his magic power in anger and changing the sky has nothing to do with GC for all we know.

Last edited:

Jellal.S.N

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
This is where I direct you to earlier posts by members, myself included, that Natsu could destroy Sema with a Demoliton Fist, or Roar/FDK Roar. As you said, he can also evade it, but we've got arguments here that do say Natsu can destroy Sema, and I believe them to be sound.
Again, Jellal has no actual way to win this other that trying to avoid Natsu and going for chip damage as any big spells leave him open to attacks, so if that is Natsu getting "stomped", then I question your definition. Natsu all the way here, Jellal can't stand many attacks and will eventually get hit with an attack no matter how much dodging he does.
Well, you kinda re-explained my second para, so I am leaving it. Why I say demo fist can't destroy sema is not because of its power, but well, its magic. Natsu can't burn off or destroy physical attacks. Why I say evade is bcoz this is not manga where Jellal starts casting, Natsu goes all like"Oh m-my g-god what is t-that m-magic! I-I am g-going t-to s-stand here h-hyping it up e-even t-though i-it h-has a l-long c-cast time!!!!!". We actually don't know if demo fist can work like that, so isn't it a lil bit of speculating? But Natsu CAN BLOODY TANK IT OR EVADE IT. EVADE IT WHY? Cast time + time to impact is high so he can evade it or well, just stand there and tank it.:)

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The better mage shall win this fight. Not the mage with flashier attacks, rarer spells, or larger spells. The mage that is most keen will win.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
He didn't start casting gc in first page. He started it when he did the hand gesture. He would release GC right there if it wasn't for Simon. Releasing his magic power in anger and changing the sky has nothing to do with GC for all we know.
When the sky started to part ways, Juvia wondered what it was and Meredy said it was, and I quote "Jellal's magic." Jellal only used Grand Chariot in that chapter, so therefore it had to be Grand chariot he was casting even from that point in time. Pretty simple right there.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, you kinda re-explained my second para, so I am leaving it. Why I say demo fist can't destroy sema is not because of its power, but well, its magic. Natsu can't burn off or destroy physical attacks. Why I say evade is bcoz this is not manga where Jellal starts casting, Natsu goes all like"Oh m-my g-god what is t-that m-magic! I-I am g-going t-to s-stand here h-hyping it up e-even t-though i-it h-has a l-long c-cast time!!!!!". We actually don't know if demo fist can work like that, so isn't it a lil bit of speculating? But Natsu CAN BLOODY TANK IT OR EVADE IT. EVADE IT WHY? Cast time + time to impact is high so he can evade it or well, just stand there and tank it.:)
On that point of what he can do, Jellal is still stationary while he's casting it so Natsu can go and hammer him right then and there, as Jellal is open doing the fancy Sema hand jestures. He doesn't have do outright evade it or destroy Sema to stop it, as attacking Jellal is indeed still an option.

EmberSpirit

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
When the sky started to part ways, Juvia wondered what it was and Meredy said it was, and I quote "Jellal's magic." Jellal only used Grand Chariot in that chapter, so therefore it had to be Grand chariot he was casting even from that point in time. Pretty simple right there.
It was Natsu's magic when he evaporated a lake. It was Mirajane's magic when she dried sea water.
Yeah it was Jellal's magic. It doesn't mean it was Grand Chariot. Meredy can tell it is Jellal's magic power's effects.

Jellal.S.N

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Actually, I think that Jellal's way of showing anger. Like Natsu covering himself in flames. When Natsu does that, we don't say Natsu is charging up as Natsu did not even begin casting the spell.
On that point of what he can do, Jellal is still stationary while he's casting it so Natsu can go and hammer him right then and there, as Jellal is open doing the fancy Sema hand jestures. He doesn't have do outright evade it or destroy Sema to stop it, as attacking Jellal is indeed still an option.
Fair enough. Natsu can punch Jellal to stop it. All I think is that he can't destroy Sema but that's not the only way to stop it.:^_^

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The winner of the tournament is...
Natsu Dragneel

:confetti

Natsu Dragneel, the first generation Dragon Slayer who was taught Fire Dragon Slaying Magic by Igneel, emerged victorious in the tournament after defeating many strong opponents, including Wolfheim, Gildarts Clive, God Serena and ultimately Jellal Fernandes in the Grand Final. Some of these fights, especially Natsu vs God Serena, were very close voting-wise, but in the end Natsu pulled through with the win and went onwards in the tournament, eventually taking the whole thing. Congratulations to Natsu Dragneel for winning the first MangaHelpers Fairy Tail Fighting Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.