Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 213 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 213 - Spoilers & Discussion

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sukuna gets about total of 2 chapters of “screen time” over the course of the series. Then everyone starts going nuts when he gets an entire chapter.

animeangryfan4

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Kill?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sukuna are at least a hundred chapters that does nothing, do we want to give him a minimum role?
yep, lor at least the humilation he deserves

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
I have to add that the pacing/timing on all of this is really strange, writing-wise. Sukuna manifesting like this would've been an expected event about 5 seconds before they unsealed Gojo or something, but right now is a basically super random timing. Why now, is the big question. Is it that the new rule to allow players to exit the colonies was added? Technically Sukuna could've manifested, killed like 5 sorcerers at once and had enough points for the rule. How is this particularly connected to Megumi's sister?
Chapter explains all of this. Sukuna's had his eye on Megumi as a vessel, but he got spooked by what happened with Yuji and decided to wait until Megumi's despair was at max before taking over to erase the 1% possibility that Megumi could resist him

We know Kurusu see Megumi as her savior, so that explains why she so willingly went to him, but so far I don't see how Sukuna possibly knows this.
Sukuna sees what Yuji sees and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Migi_0

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
It feels very weird that Hana is so obsessed With someone she only saw during his childhood. Either we are missing context or Gege created that artificial relationship to complicate the plot

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Megumi potentially being as strong if not stronger than Sukuna makes sense seeing how his ancestor drew with Gojo's, I didn't expect this though. That Nue is huge!

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It feels very weird that Hana is so obsessed With someone she only saw during his childhood. Either we are missing context or Gege created that artificial relationship to complicate the plot
She's a character we know almost nothing about, what the hell do you expect?

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
She's a character we know almost nothing about, what the hell do you expect?
Good writing instead of soap opera love affection? For example.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Good writing instead of soap opera love affection? For example.
In the context of Jujutsu Kaisen, she is not such a strange character.

As Gojo says, all sorcerers are motivated by a mix of madness and selfishness.

She is not so different from Todo that considers Yuji his brother after talking to him for ten minutes.

bestjay912

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the writing/plot is amazing reading the last 2 chapters had me on the edge of my seat. It will be exciting to see whether megumi stops himself or if maki or someone else stops this situation. I think its clear that Sukuna is the number 1 hated sorcerer - that's why he's trying to consolidate as much power for himself in this era.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Good chapter.

You know the most amusing thing about all this is you could remove the last 30-40 chapters of this arc, all those nothing fights with the new characters, and nothing would really change in the bigger picture :lmao
Literally just have Angel and Tsumiki in this arc as they are the most plot relevant characters currently. Convinced the Culling Game was just an excuse for Gege to write in several new characters and fights to pad out the manga and make it longer.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
You know the most amusing thing about all this is you could remove the last 30-40 chapters of this arc, all those nothing fights with the new characters, and nothing would really change in the bigger picture :lmao
Literally just have Angel and Tsumiki in this arc as they are the most plot relevant characters currently. Convinced the Culling Game was just an excuse for Gege to write in several new characters and fights to pad out the manga and make it longer.
Remember that characters like Kashimo have a score to settle with Sukuna.

If you removed all the parts that you define as useless, then you took away the meaning of the plot.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Given the things being jumbled and the race to finish the series, definitely the latter.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Given the things being jumbled and the race to finish the series, definitely the latter.

Gege alternates moments in which he shows great attention to chapters and even small details, to moments of forgetfulness and distraction that he himself admits.

The story of Kurusu and Megumi does not fall into this case however, it is precisely his narrative and writing style that is so, it is useless to complain now.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I am trying to understand why so much controversy here.

From a writing perspective, I don't see any particular issues. Some people find Hana not fleshed out enough to explain her obsession with Megumi. I agree to some extent but you know how romantic feelings do not necessarily need to be logical per se. Her following one of Megumi's dog to escape the hell she was living in is enough.

Now about Sukuna and the timing of his move, it was explained in this chapter. I always suspected Sukuna wanted Megumi to create a new vessel for him, but I didn't expect him that he actually had his sights on Megumi's CT itself and that is fine. Sukuna acting now makes sense as Megumi was indeed in a weak psychological state following what happened with his sister. People cannot complain about Sukuna making a move now when his last piece of action was during Shibuya

My real questions are:
  • Did Sukuna and Kenjaku plan this ? I can't help but feel that this whole setup was orchestrated by Kenjaku. Him giving the impression that Tsukimi was not a host to an ancient sorceror, rigging the game so that Megumi and the gang cannot add rules as freely as reincarnated sorcerers can... This whole setup was not the result of random circumstances, it was planned for

• Realistically speaking, what options do the protagonists have left ? Kenjaku won this round, he has the cursed energy he wanted, he caught Tengen. Sukuna achieved his goal as well now. What else can happen to change things other than free Gojo asap ? I cannot see Yuta solving this. Angel has to survive this round otherwise it is game over for them. I think Maki will manage to save her

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am trying to understand why so much controversy here.

From a writing perspective, I don't see any particular issues. Some people find Hana not fleshed out enough to explain her obsession with Megumi. I agree to some extent but you know how romantic feelings do not necessarily need to be logical per se. Her following one of Megumi's dog to escape the hell she was living in is enough.

Now about Sukuna and the timing of his move, it was explained in this chapter. I always suspected Sukuna wanted Megumi to create a new vessel for him, but I didn't expect him that he actually had his sights on Megumi's CT itself and that is fine. Sukuna acting now makes sense as Megumi was indeed in a weak psychological state following what happened with his sister. People cannot complain about Sukuna making a move now when his last piece of action was during Shibuya

My real questions are:
  • Did Sukuna and Kenjaku plan this ? I can't help but feel that this whole setup was orchestrated by Kenjaku. Him giving the impression that Tsukimi was not a host to an ancient sorceror, rigging the game so that Megumi and the gang cannot add rules as freely as reincarnated sorcerers can... This whole setup was not the result of random circumstances, it was planned for

• Realistically speaking, what options do the protagonists have left ? Kenjaku won this round, he has the cursed energy he wanted, he caught Tengen. Sukuna achieved his goal as well now. What else can happen to change things other than free Gojo asap ? I cannot see Yuta solving this. Angel has to survive this round otherwise it is game over for them. I think Maki will manage to save her
Remembering the Shibuya incident, doesn’t Sukuna have a domain expansion technique that targets anything with cursed energy and one that targets everything *eithout* cursed energy?

Maki’s advantage regarding the inability of domain expansions to target her is null and void with Sukuna.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sukuna achieved his goal as well now.
Seriously am I the only one who remembers that there are at least two contestants who want to face him?

However Sukuna is still far from his target, still missing his missing fingers.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Seriously am I the only one who remembers that there are at least two contestants who want to face him?

However Sukuna is still far from his target, still missing his missing fingers.
They're just stepping stones for Sukuna; it'll be fun to watch them fight and see their cursed techniques revealed, but I'm doubtful Kashimo and Yorozu will be very important to the plot - I assume they'll be used to hype Sukuna up more than anything. It'd be nice if there were more to it than that, though.

As for his fingers, I feel like that's a plot point that can be dealt with relatively quickly.
Sukuna is now free, which is what's truly monumentous. What I'm looking forward to, as far as the plot development is concerned, is as to what the bath entails, and how Sukuna is related to whatever Kenjaku has planned, if at all (and if not, how he plays into the bigger picture).

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sukuna needs all the fingers to be complete, otherwise he would have no chance against characters like Yuta or Gojo.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm not sure what you're on about - Sukuna at 15 fingers is, based on both portrayal and feats, considerably more powerful than Yuta. I'm not even talking about the current Sukuna with Megumi's Ten Shadows, who is even stronger.

Based on portrayal alone, Yuta is likely around Kenjaku's level (and according to Maki, even that is questionable at this point, considering how Kenjaku performed against Yuki). Akutami noted that this very same Kenjaku would not have an easy time against the likes of Jogo and Mahito, because of which exact reason he waited until Mahito was weakened by Yuji in order to absorb him.
Now, the same Jogo that would be a relatively problematic fight for Kenjaku, was absolutely washed and toyed with by a 15-Finger Sukuna in Yuji's body. This Sukuna is portrayed to be more powerful than Kenjaku by a decent margin, and the latter is supposed to be somewhat comparable to Yuta.
Sorry, but from what we've seen thus far, Yuta is not even remotely on the same ballpark as Gojo and Sukuna.

Gojo is another story, however. Not counting Sukuna, who's still a wild card, Gojo can most likely defeat the entirety of the series' cast alone. He's virtually unkillable and unmatched.

Last edited: