Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 247 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 247 - Spoilers & Discussion

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Beginning to think Sukuna is genuine when he says there is nothing interesting about Yuji.
I am not well versed on JJK, but from my understanding, Yuji only has the ability to control cursed energy for the most part to perform physical attacks and nothing more, it's just an enhancement of his physical prowess.

Unlike his peers, he has no innate technique or inherited techniques, so he's literally a bore to Sukuna who doesn't find him interesting to fight in anyway. Fighting Yuji is a 1 dimensional task, there's nothing to really take into consideration other than that.

I imagine once Yuji has some innate techniques, he will find him interesting. We all know how any fight with Yuji goes, just punch the enemy until he wins purely with cqc abilities, other than that, there's no Judgement sword, nothing remotely interesting to consider when fighting against Yuji.

Hakari, Higurama, Gojo, Jogo.... they all have something special about them other than just kicking and punching, they have abilities that Sukuna found interesting or thought was worth challenging, Yuji dosen't seem to have any of these.
I know little about the powers in the series, still have no understanding of Gojo's loss to Sukuna, but the show is great so far.

papypopo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Beginning to think Sukuna is genuine when he says there is nothing interesting about Yuji.
I am not well versed on JJK, but from my understanding, Yuji only has the ability to control cursed energy for the most part to perform physical attacks and nothing more, it's just an enhancement of his physical prowess.

Unlike his peers, he has no innate technique or inherited techniques, so he's literally a bore to Sukuna who doesn't find him interesting to fight in anyway. Fighting Yuji is a 1 dimensional task, there's nothing to really take into consideration other than that.

I imagine once Yuji has some innate techniques, he will find him interesting. We all know how any fight with Yuji goes, just punch the enemy until he wins purely with cqc abilities, other than that, there's no Judgement sword, nothing remotely interesting to consider when fighting against Yuji.

Hakari, Higurama, Gojo, Jogo.... they all have something special about them other than just kicking and punching, they have abilities that Sukuna found interesting or thought was worth challenging, Yuji dosen't seem to have any of these.
I know little about the powers in the series, still have no understanding of Gojo's loss to Sukuna, but the show is great so far.
In fact, yuji is blessed by the black spark. He has a genuine and natural comprehension of CE. Before sukuna takes over him he wasn’t a sorcerer and was supposedly bond to lost CE if sukuna leaves his body.

Right now we don’t know what really happened between the time skip. Story suggest that he ate the rest of the death paintings (his brothers), that’s why he got this new arms, can (probably) use CE again, RCT (as imply at the end of this chapter, maybe) and may not only have one powers from it but multiples since he may have absord multiples death wombs.

Thing is we don’t know yet and it’s hard to predict. The only thing predictable with him is that he may manifest Sukuna’s powers soon enough or already had offscreen. He may also be in possession of sukuna’s last finger or had already eat it offscreen.

We can’t know yet but let Gege cook, Yuji is still the main protoganist after all, everything revolves around him and sukuna.
He may be the last man standing as Gege said.

Notes that through the manga, yuji is somehow link to the concept of « soul understanding » as seen in his battle with mahito or his exchange with choso when he give him the book after Gojo’s liberation.

IMO things are going well.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
In fact, yuji is blessed by the black spark. He has a genuine and natural comprehension of CE. Before sukuna takes over him he wasn’t a sorcerer and was supposedly bond to lost CE if sukuna leaves his body.

Right now we don’t know what really happened between the time skip. Story suggest that he ate the rest of the death paintings (his brothers), that’s why he got this new arms, can (probably) use CE again, RCT (as imply at the end of this chapter, maybe) and may not only have one powers from it but multiples since he may have absord multiples death wombs.

Thing is we don’t know yet and it’s hard to predict. The only thing predictable with him is that he may manifest Sukuna’s powers soon enough or already had offscreen. He may also be in possession of sukuna’s last finger or had already eat it offscreen.

We can’t know yet but let Gege cook, Yuji is still the main protoganist after all, everything revolves around him and sukuna.
He may be the last man standing as Gege said.

Notes that through the manga, yuji is somehow link to the concept of « soul understanding » as seen in his battle with mahito or his exchange with choso when he give him the book after Gojo’s liberation.

IMO things are going well.
I don't think otherwise, I just think his lack of cursed technique is why Sukuna has no interest in him. Black flash as I understand just increases strength. I think Sukuna just doesn't find that interesting, there's just nothing that is dimensional to Yuji other than his physical stats and fact he can enhance his strength.
Personally, I am sure he will show more than that, but Sukuna probably won't have any respect or interest in him until then.
Everyone he has complimented has always had a lot to them and seemingly innate technique is the key point.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think otherwise, I just think his lack of cursed technique is why Sukuna has no interest in him. Black flash as I understand just increases strength. I think Sukuna just doesn't find that interesting, there's just nothing that is dimensional to Yuji other than his physical stats and fact he can enhance his strength.
Personally, I am sure he will show more than that, but Sukuna probably won't have any respect or interest in him until then.
Everyone he has complimented has always had a lot to them and seemingly innate technique is the key point.
For sure, he will and then sukuna may acknowledge him, it’s bond to happen.

However, black flash increase physical attacks indeed but it’s not that simple, to use first and not only related to that.

It’s a rare phenomenon by itself and related to cursed energy manipulation and understanding, yuji excellas with that.
It can replendish RCT as well.
But in the end i can agree with you when u say that yuji’s « feats » are only physical prowess rn.

My guess is that is innate technique may be as simple as souls manipulation. His cursed mother Kenkaju can take over bodies and their CT. Yuji might as well, in a different way and may be the first sorcerer with heavenly restriction and CE manipulation with multiples CT due to kenkaju’s experimentations. He can also absord any curses he want since he can suppress their souls like what he did with sukuna. By the end, he’s gonna be broken.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And you know what ? i just started to ask myself, what if that concept of talent/blessed by strenght/born strong versus the hard way is not the main development for yuji?

Remember the discussion between Gojo and sukuna about strenght? Between Kashimo and him? Maybe everthing revolves around that.
Yuji might not be blessed at birth and will get tossed around but at the end, everything he lost, everything he work for will bring him to the pinnacle of sorcery.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
For sure, he will and then sukuna may acknowledge him, it’s bond to happen.

However, black flash increase physical attacks indeed but it’s not that simple, to use first and not only related to that.

It’s a rare phenomenon by itself and related to cursed energy manipulation and understanding, yuji excellas with that.
It can replendish RCT as well.
But in the end i can agree with you when u say that yuji’s « feats » are only physical prowess rn.

My guess is that is innate technique may be as simple as souls manipulation. His cursed mother Kenkaju can take over bodies and their CT. Yuji might as well, in a different way and may be the first sorcerer with heavenly restriction and CE manipulation with multiples CT due to kenkaju’s experimentations. He can also absord any curses he want since he can suppress their souls like what he did with sukuna. By the end, he’s gonna be broken.
You sound like you're defending Yuji when I am NOT attacking him or saying he's boring.

I'm not saying Yuji isn't talented or saying he is boring, I am saying Sukuna doesn't find Yuji interesting and why. Not MY perspective....SUKUNA'S.

Your own personal reasons (which is the same as myself and everyone else) for why Yuji is interesting are not necessarily valid to Sukuna is my point.
You don't need to explain his abilities, I know Yuji is OP... I'm talking about Sukuna's perspective.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Kenjaku is out, he was beheaded last time we saw him

Also he never cared much for Itadori he admited quite a few times that he was just a "container/vessel" for Sukuna
I doubt he created it for this reason alone. Not to mention that we still need to understand who will carry out his plans.

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
I am starting to think Yuji's sturdiness is a form of Mahito's technique. People aren't able to damage Yuji extensively because he can maintain (instead of alter) the shape of his soul considerably. Unlike Mahito who can fluidly change his body, Yuji's version is more of maintaining a super solid state, so slashes that should go 100% only do about 40% (Alternatively, this could be because he is steeped in Sukuna's cursed energy and we know that harming yourself with your technique does significantly less damage; refer to Gojo's final purple). It is also possible that Yuji used the same technique to alter/reinforce his arms if he didn't achieve that by flowing red scale: stack. Just a thought I find interesting since it's been mentioned multiple times how similar Yuji and Mahito are.

Last edited:

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
You sound like you're defending Yuji when I am NOT attacking him or saying he's boring.

I'm not saying Yuji isn't talented or saying he is boring, I am saying Sukuna doesn't find Yuji interesting and why. Not MY perspective....SUKUNA'S.

Your own personal reasons (which is the same as myself and everyone else) for why Yuji is interesting are not necessarily valid to Sukuna is my point.
You don't need to explain his abilities, I know Yuji is OP... I'm talking about Sukuna's perspective.
No bro i swear i was just explaining why he could be interesting in the future because you said that you don’t really know jjk universe that well. I was trying to enlight you that’s all, i don’t have anything to defend i swear :D

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
No bro i swear i was just explaining why he could be interesting in the future because you said that you don’t really know jjk universe that well. I was trying to enlight you that’s all, i don’t have anything to defend i swear :D
All good.

One thing I don't get and maybe this isn't the place for it is why exactly Gojo would have lost even without Sukuna using Mahoraga. Is it simply because Sukuna didn't use Cleave/Dismantle while in his Domain Expansion?

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
All good.

One thing I don't get and maybe this isn't the place for it is why exactly Gojo would have lost even without Sukuna using Mahoraga. Is it simply because Sukuna didn't use Cleave/Dismantle while in his Domain Expansion?
It's not clear yet but my guess is Sukuna is still hiding some cards. For one, we STILL don't know what his cursed technique is even after all that has happened. Maybe Yuta can force him to reveal it.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In addition to his CT not being revealed, based on what we know, Sukuna was stated to be holding back several times. His true form is a significant upgrade to Megumi's body. Physicals boosted, the extra arms allow him to easily use gestures and cursed tools in sync, and extra mouth to perform chants. Hypothetically, in his Heian form, in the 1st domain clash, after Sukuna broke Gojo's domain, Sukuna could've hit Gojo with his cursed tool and fire arrow, and overwhelmed in physical combat as Gojo was on burnout.

Also, Mahoraga was a double-edged sword, because while Sukuna underwent the adaption process he basically fought Gojo without a CT and domain amplification for at least over 10 mins, which allowed Gojo to get some heavy blows in. If he didn't use Maho, he simply would've lasted longer than 3 minutes in each of the domain battles, as he was at least able to hold off Gojo whenever he used domain amplification, or even find the weak point inside Gojo's domain as Gojo made the exterior stronger, and Gojo would've fried his brain, while Sukuna avoided unlimited void.

But, going to an earlier post of yours, one of Sukuna's main objectives in this fight was learning to cut infinity, which is why he didn't go all out, because a quick outcome would've been boring.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
In addition to his CT not being revealed, based on what we know, Sukuna was stated to be holding back several times. His true form is a significant upgrade to Megumi's body. Physicals boosted, the extra arms allow him to easily use gestures and cursed tools in sync, and extra mouth to perform chants. Hypothetically, in his Heian form, in the 1st domain clash, after Sukuna broke Gojo's domain, Sukuna could've hit Gojo with his cursed tool and fire arrow, and overwhelmed in physical combat as Gojo was on burnout.

Also, Mahoraga was a double-edged sword, because while Sukuna underwent the adaption process he basically fought Gojo without a CT and domain amplification for at least over 10 mins, which allowed Gojo to get some heavy blows in. If he didn't use Maho, he simply would've lasted longer than 3 minutes in each of the domain battles, as he was at least able to hold off Gojo whenever he used domain amplification, or even find the weak point inside Gojo's domain as Gojo made the exterior stronger, and Gojo would've fried his brain, while Sukuna avoided unlimited void.

But, going to an earlier post of yours, one of Sukuna's main objectives in this fight was learning to cut infinity, which is why he didn't go all out, because a quick outcome would've been boring.

It's true we don't know much about Fraudkuna's technique, but he still deemed it appropriate to gamble on Megumi and Mahoraga to negate Goatjo's limitless. I don't think Fraudkuna had anything in his arsenal that was capable of beating Gojo's neutral Limitless so not sure about the quick outcome argument really.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's true we don't know much about Fraudkuna's technique, but he still deemed it appropriate to gamble on Megumi and Mahoraga to negate Goatjo's limitless. I don't think Fraudkuna had anything in his arsenal that was capable of beating Gojo's neutral Limitless so not sure about the quick outcome argument really.
He needed Maho for infinity and wanted to cut infinity specifically, yeah, but as I outlined there were other faster avenues to win, hence Gojo's statement during(when he was perplexed about the domain battles) and after the fight. Sukuna also always lets those that are interesting show their abilities. And he could gamble as he had two lives, Megumi is expendable as incarnating was a full-time heal.

RatibTM

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rip lawyer-san, you had so much potential. Wasted as always, by Gege.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Rip lawyer-san, you had so much potential. Wasted as always, by Gege.
How I can say I don't read JJK without saying I don't read JJK

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Higuruma had a house-sized deathflag from the moment he told Yuji that the first thing he would do once he survived the Culling Game would be to turn himself in.

RatibTM

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasted? Always?
How I can say I don't read JJK without saying I don't read JJK
Yuki
Naobito
Kashimo
Higuruma

And I didn't count the culling games characters since I didn't watch it.
Maybe "always" is an exaggeration, however, even thought I like how brutal he is in killing his characters, sometimes he builds the hype and kills it without giving the characters what they deserve.

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yuki
Naobito
Kashimo
Higuruma

And I didn't count the culling games characters since I didn't watch it.
Maybe "always" is an exaggeration, however, even thought I like how brutal he is in killing his characters, sometimes he builds the hype and kills it without giving the characters what they deserve.
Naobito wasn't wasted potential imo

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Higuruma had huge potential. Too bad he’s dying for Yuji’s growth in the same way as Nanamin.