Shounen - Kengan Ashura/Omega | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kengan Ashura/Omega

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
With this chapt (and only with this chap) he looks now like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I'd prefer the cool beast in control of his powers pattern too. We'll see.

I felt sorrow for Akoya, who seems to be living in pain all the time (some Kaido's vib on wanting to get murdered). Not a fan of Akoya vs Nic fight, it seemed a bit forced to me in the judge trying to count when both figthers were able to fight still... Also they are not the first figthers trying to kill their opponent...
Exactly, Lolong is too precious to become another Lu Tian.

The referee counting was because of the purgatory rules, so the rules are to blame. However, it didn't make any sense when both of them were lying flat and she was still counting!

Arima

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't really take it as Lolong not being able to control himself but rather he is just so powerful that he may have killed one/both of them or he is just possibly ruthless when he fights. We seen him knock out Nic with just a stomach and he didn't seem to put his all into it, i'm guessing that if he did though Nic may have died and it's also part of the reason as to why Ohma came down and mentioned Nic as well.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I didn't really take it as Lolong not being able to control himself but rather he is just so powerful that he may have killed one/both of them or he is just possibly ruthless when he fights. We seen him knock out Nic with just a stomach and he didn't seem to put his all into it, i'm guessing that if he did though Nic may have died and it's also part of the reason as to why Ohma came down and mentioned Nic as well.
Then how'd you explain this one?

Medel suggests them to focus on the matches now that the situation is under control, and he wants everyone to act like a professional they all are.

From the looks of it, it seems he is only talking about Lolong because everyone else is either calm or knocked down.

It's too late for asking Lolong not to hurt them because he is powerful. If Lolong wanted to kill them, he had the time. I think Medel was trying to stop Lolong from doing further damage to them, or perhaps from entering a dangerous phase.

If Lolong in this specific panel still posed any danger for Nic or Justice, then Medel must've had other reasons to be concerned.

Last edited:

Arima

Reaction score
Country
United States
Then how'd you explain this one?

Medel suggests them to focus on the matches now that the situation is under control, and he wants everyone to act like a professional they all are.

From the looks of it, it seems he is only talking about Lolong because everyone else is either calm or knocked down.

It's too late for asking Lolong not to hurt them because he is powerful. If Lolong wanted to kill them, he had the time. I think Medel was trying to stop Lolong from doing further damage to them, or perhaps from entering a dangerous phase.

If Lolong in this specific panel still posed any danger for Nic or Justice, then Medel must've had other reasons to be concerned.
Even with your question as base my opinion still stands as this doesn't rule out that he could have possibly killed them had they kept coming at him or him getting heated up enough in battle to the point in which he is willing to take life though I suppose that goes hand in hand with him losing control of himself which is what Ukimix stated.
I love Lolong and i'd hate to see that route taken for him but I see no other reason as to why Carlos could be so worried other than if he's just so strong to the point of where he could have accidentally killed them even while holding back, he'd be the strongest in the verse if that's the case.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Even with your question as base my opinion still stands as this doesn't rule out that he could have possibly killed them had they kept coming at him or him getting heated up enough in battle to the point in which he is willing to take life though I suppose that goes hand in hand with him losing control of himself which is what Ukimix stated.
I love Lolong and i'd hate to see that route taken for him but I see no other reason as to why Carlos could be so worried other than if he's just so strong to the point of where he could have accidentally killed them even while holding back, he'd be the strongest in the verse if that's the case.
Another problem I see with being too strong is the lore itself. Lolong is too strong that he may accidentally kill someone, but he is the king of purgatory, a place where killing is banned! How can this make any sense? Even if he is the strongest on the earth, not having control over his powers and just letting it go would be a huge weakness. It's nothing to be proud of.
Among kengan fighters, Ninja Master lol and Fang were insanely strong, but Meguro and Akoya were the murderer.
What is the huge difference between a sane man who can't control his power and may accidentally kill, or an insane beast who goes for the kill? I'd even argue the former is a bigger insult to Lolong.

As I mentioned, killing is prohibited in purgatory, and a powerful gladiator who may accidentally kill would have a considerable numbers of Ls in his record. I don't know about the record, but at least he is not a notorious killer and Medel was the only one so afraid. To me it was more like a personal memoery/concern rather than a known fact among all the gladiators. Like how Lolong knew Nic was strong when he wanted to kill somebody.

However, I don't think of him as another Naiden/Lu. These two surprised everybody which meant they were acting like that for the first time. But Medel perfectly knew Lolong could be a threat, and successfully managed the situation. Although I suspect Lolong as a worm infiltrate, I think his case is very much like Nic.
If he wants to fight as a professional and obey the rules of the match, he is fully able to control his power. But if he decides to kill someone, it would be so hard to save the life of the poor victim. The key might be the mindset and decision rather than too much power and lack of control.

Last edited:

Arima

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another problem I see with being too strong is the lore itself. Lolong is too strong that he may accidentally kill someone, but he is the king of purgatory, a place where killing is banned! How can this make any sense? Even if he is the strongest on the earth, not having control over his powers and just letting it go would be a huge weakness. It's nothing to be proud of.
Among kengan fighters, Ninja Master lol and Fang were insanely strong, but Meguro and Akoya were the murderer.
What is the huge difference between a sane man who can't control his power and may accidentally kill, or an insane beast who goes for the kill? I'd even argue the former is a bigger insult to Lolong.

As I mentioned, killing is prohibited in purgatory, and a powerful gladiator who may accidentally kill would have a considerable numbers of Ls in his record. I don't know about the record, but at least he is not a notorious killer and Medel was the only one so afraid. To me it was more like a personal memoery/concern rather than a known fact among all the gladiators. Like how Lolong knew Nic was strong when he wanted to kill somebody.

However, I don't think of him as another Naiden/Lu. These two surprised everybody which meant they were acting like that for the first time. But Medel perfectly knew Lolong could be a threat, and successfully managed the situation. Although I suspect Lolong as a worm infiltrate, I think his case is very much like Nic.
If he wants to fight as a professional and obey the rules of the match, he is fully able to control his power. But if he decides to kill someone, it would be so hard to save the life of the poor victim. The key might be the mindset and decision rather than too much power and lack of control.
Whilst Killing is indeed against the rules it was never stated that if one killed that they'd be kicked from Purgatory, we have no information on Lolong's Record and we don't know if him being King stems from his ability or wins as he could very well have the highest loss rate amongst all the Purgatory fighters simply because he's killed in the past. Not having adequate control over his power doesn't mean that he possibly just let's it run amuck but rather to him they are just weak even whilst he holds back he is still a major threat.
Also, we only know minor details about Purgatory itself for the moment, Carlos alone could have showed concern because Lolong Fights themselves are probably only viewed by a select few...it's a theory but it's plausible and couls explain why the others didn't showed much concern when Lolong stepped out

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Should I read this manga? I mean I got it recommend from Shuumatsu no Valkyrie fans
If you like tournament fighting mangas, then I would say you can enjoy Kengan Ashura and Omega a lot. The tournament Kengan Ashura has might be one of my, if not my favourite tournament to have ever read tbh.

If you're interested you can check it here, starting from Kengan Ashura ofc since Omega is the sequel.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Should I read this manga? I mean I got it recommend from Shuumatsu no Valkyrie fans
If you find Record of Ragnarok interesting, the you should definitely give Kengan series a shot. And obviously you'd better start from Kengan Ashura.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So Liu is one of those guys who never gives up no matter how much beaten and humiliated. I think we know who wins the match then.

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
http://www.nettruyentop.com/truyen-tranh/kengan-omega/chap-112/721376 112 raw
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hokuto no gun dropped KO: https://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=44304 ... Sad news :-(
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Here a translation:
The chapter reminded of Kengan Ashura and its pleasant unpredictability. I really thought the brat is gonna win because he had everything shounen winners usually possess. If the referee announced the winner, the chapter would be perfect. I'm concerned about an asspull next time which brings Omega back to the realm of predictability!

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Mmmh... I was actually rooting for the chinese guy.

The fight was short yet realistic and, as Lolong put it, very close: both could have won it. Yet for someone who Lolong admitted is as strong as himself, I really felt that the chinese guy had a lot to prove if his "gears" were in top condition and he remained fully focused (which he seemed to do).

There was also all that talk about the chinese guy (sorry to keep calling him that but I don't remember his name and I can't look it up right now) being a god-tier striker and that he could hit harder than guys way heavier than himself thanks to his techniques. He was supposed to "look like an underdog because of his weight class, yet actually not be one because of how much of a talented master he is".

Despite this, the fight was reduced to:

1- Sambo guy tanks around seven direct hits despite most of them actually being finishing moves and despite other purgatory fighters saying every one of those hits would be capable of knocking out anyone with not such a monstruous durability as Sambo guy.

2- Sambo guy predicting the chinese guy's moves because "they are so perfect that they become predictable" (which actually makes the chinese guy look very bad to me if he has such easy to read techniques and so little adaptability) and being capable to outmaneuver him despite being theoretically slower, wonkier and supposedly badly hurt.

3- Sambo guy winning in a single move thanks to his weight difference, invalidating most things about the chinese guy supposedly being so dangerous for a guy of his weight class.

I get that, as the characters themselves put it, the fight was very close and just like between him and Naidan, if they fought 10 times the winner would not always be the same fighter, but the point they tried to make was that the chinese guy was especially inconsistent as a fighter because he had trouble remaining focused and in the zone. In this fight, he almost lost it for a second, for during this later half of the fight he was 100% focused and in the zone; a state of mind in which he was said to be as strong as Lolong (by Lolong himself), yet he was very easily played by the Sambo guy.

Also, why is Sambo guy so monstruously durable that a striker on Lolong's level can't bring him down with so many finishing punches? Everything we know about him is that he's a guy that mostly cares about writing and only comes to fight in the Kengan matches when he runs out of money, so he disappears for large periods of time. For a guy who cares so little about fighting (if the chinese guy's punches are really anything special) Sambo guy is somehow more durable than most Kengan and A-List Purgatory fighters. How is he such a tank?

I really need to see more of Sambo guy's backstory to acknowledge his monstruous durability makes sense.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
113 raw
Okay, I definitely love this guy. He may still lose if mr sambo somehow tanks through all of that but I'm very pleased already with his performance.