Shounen - Kengan Ashura/Omega | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kengan Ashura/Omega

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Sooo there was a 4chan thread yesterday about how we might not get any future Edited Mangas since the next chapter pissed off chinese Manga Editors. The thread is gone but I saved the major post.

>At first, the chinese translations of the raws are usually earlier than ours. So, I heard this news this morning.

>In the latest chapter, liu said that his father is a taiwan master, while his mother is come from Guangzhou, but his talent is way above than his parents. After becoming famous, both Chinese and Taiwanese martial arts industries want to recruit liu and they eventually had a conflict. To avoid some unnecessary issues and not to be a political tool, liu went to Japan and joined purgatory. And the next panel, Naidan said that liu was not free and inconvenient, but liu replied "It's because you haven't been to Taiwan."

>Then, this chapter went viral in the chinese kengan website and many kengan readers from China felt offended. They start to complain Sandro for disrespecting China as he made chinese as antagonist (Lu Tian, Xia Ji, the worm.....) and not including Mongolian wrestling as Chinese Martial arts.

>And so, many Taiwanese and Chinese are quarreling over the Kengan right now.

Kek why are the chink commies onions boys so offended? I'd raugh if sandwich let all the chinks win after this one, didn't Alan Wu won? Also I think fei if he's the TV can likely lose, because he'll kill ohma, and isn't Eddie a Chinese? He's prolly manhandling raian or killed him, or he made him his 'other half' for his huisehng shitshow

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I can now understand the exact meaning of the target audience lmao.
I guess I'm too old for shounen manga, and I just can't relate with shounen good guys!
While I made a mistake and stick to a shounen before, so I've developed the habit of dropping any series the instant it disappoints me. I see no reason to read a story that doesn't meet my expectations and make myself suffer because of that.

Dear @LaserBeam , thanks to you, I got to know about Kengan Ashura and Omega, and I'll never forget about them and some limited but very interesting discussions we had about Kengan series.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I can now understand the exact meaning of the target audience lmao.
I guess I'm too old for shounen manga, and I just can't relate with shounen good guys!
While I made a mistake and stick to a shounen before, so I've developed the habit of dropping any series the instant it disappoints me. I see no reason to read a story that doesn't meet my expectations and make myself suffer because of that.

Dear @LaserBeam , thanks to you, I got to know about Kengan Ashura and Omega, and I'll never forget about them and some limited but very interesting discussions we had about Kengan series.
Np but everything ok? You sound like you are gonna stop reading manga or something :D

Here put this link Home (weebly.com) the reddit team of the kengan forum made a site to translate kengan omega.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
It's almost like this, brother. Lately, more and more titles began to disappoint me especially after entering their final arc, so I feel like I'm greatly losing interest in shounen manga. I've dropped several manga in the past two weeks tbh!
I loved Kengan and was curious to see what's with the mysterious Terashi and his weird claims. But when the emotional type character defeated the intellectual type one, my recently developed shounen intolerance was triggered lmao.
Shounen is not my type anymore! And it's not because Kengan series is bad. It's one of the best manga I've read recently and I am happy I started reading it because of your suggestion. Thanks again my friend :^_^
Well kengan omega is nice but i feel bored after the agito fight i do not know i think sandrovich needs to do something i mean the late fights do not feel like ashura for sure.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Raw of 115:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

those unusually long scary arms ...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

115 English: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/JNBqeso/1/1/

Raw of 116: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/DGCObZN/1/16/

.... such a cool style :zomg...

116 english version: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/55Z9JHD/1/6/

Really like Terashi's style. I'd like he wouldn't be a dirty figther but I'm afraid the author is going that way, given Ohma's paneled hope on Okubo.

didn't you remembered him? lol

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Raw of 115:

those unusually long scary arms ...

115 English: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/JNBqeso/1/1/

Raw of 116: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/DGCObZN/1/16/

.... such a cool style :zomg...

116 english version: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/55Z9JHD/1/6/

Really like Terashi's style. I'd like he wouldn't be a dirty figther but I'm afraid the author is going that way, given Ohma's paneled hope on Okubo.

didn't you remembered him? lol
Terrashi doing damage while been a punching bag lol

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
These fights are increasingly less interesting. I wish the end result would be reached sooner than expected. Although honestly I don't see Purgatory losing. It is clear that the Kengan matches are too dangerous. Although I honestly prefer them. It increases the tension.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
117 raw: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/u3m0uNN/1/18/
These fights are increasingly less interesting. I wish the end result would be reached sooner than expected. Although honestly I don't see Purgatory losing. It is clear that the Kengan matches are too dangerous. Although I honestly prefer them. It increases the tension.
I have a different experience. I like this fight much more than some previous figths. I guess the question about what team will be the winner adds a little spicy to the last fights; I too think Purgatory is the winner... But also, Terashi's style is misterious and pretty cool to watch. I wonder what's the deal with it... the raw of this chapter seems to suggest the guy has some kind of weapon or stuff on the skin. Terashi's style is much more interesting than Nicolas, Toa or Falcon, to me, (there was not an appealing mistery about their style) maybe because he's been portrayed as a bad figther... and even so Okube seems to be losing there.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I actually like the Terashi fight, just not the scenario in which it is placed.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I actually like the Terashi fight, just not the scenario in which it is placed.
I think the purgatory fights are boring at this point i mean the last good fight i think it was agito vs lu tian

Raians fight was way too fast and in general i think the rule of not killing kinda backfires at this point as there are not real stakes at this point the story will be saved if the fights get interrupted by warm guys and make things way more interesting as this keeps up the way it is now i fear that i won't be able to enjoy it as much i should.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
117 English: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/UPST5yq/1/1/

118 RAW: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/d4jzbUk/1/1/

English scan 118 https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/QtfIwrm/1/1/

Raw 119: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/QhYGb1c/1/22/

English 119 https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/2Qf1hPI/1/1/

Now he managed to find a way to enter the hospital and be located at the same room of Nicolas lol

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I loved Terashi's backstory and character overall. Good fight. I wish we will see just how good he's with weapons in the future.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So, the Wild Tiger vs who's presumably the Tiger's Vessel? That's an interesting one. It was one of the possibilities I foresaw but I still wanted Lolong and Wakatsuki to duck it out. I hope a last-second Demonsbane doesn't end Waka's existence yet again lmao (assuming Fei is the Tiger's Vessel, which is looking very likely IMO).

I didn't like the last fight very much. Pretty one-sided and boring all in all. Then again, I can't say this wasn't foreshadowed the moment Terashi said he was the weakest member of the Purgatory team. Let's just say that within all the mystery that involved Terashi's character, I expected a little more than just a walking vibrator with a Sharingan haha. The Liu vs Tokuno fight was pretty good though.

I hope Sandro goes all-in in these last two fights because tbh this tournament arc so far has paled in comparison to the Kengan Anhiliation Tournament IMO. Not saying is bad by any means (if anything, I believe the Kengan Anhiliation Tournament was extremely well done and probably one of the best, if not the best tournament I've ever seen in a manga). The art is exquisite, some fights are pretty well done (even if there are fights that are just one-sided dominations) and I'm also looking forward to the side plots that are currently ongoing featuring the Worm (a pretty cool concept to me so far). The potential is definitely there, and I hope Sandro makes use of it to the fullest.

I'm still vouching for a 6-6 tie, which will force an additional match-up between Koga and possibly Idemitsu himself (who also seems to have some fighting capabilities judging by the scene in which he made a hole through an animal with a punch). Let's see how it goes. My predictions haven't been too accurate in all this time (which is also something I like about Kengan in most cases, the unpredictability), but I'm still looking forward to the conclusion of all of this.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I didn't like the last fight very much. Pretty one-sided and boring all in all. Then again, I can't say this wasn't foreshadowed the moment Terashi said he was the weakest member of the Purgatory team. Let's just say that within all the mystery that involved Terashi's character, I expected a little more than just a walking vibrator with a Sharingan haha. The Liu vs Tokuno fight was pretty good though.
True. Even if to say "I'm the weakest" could be a cool way to rise readers expectations, .. like a good "narrative" prelude to something great. But he simply became really the weakest in terms of fighting power, lol. Now Terashi's narrative line is about: will be able to kill Nicolas or not? Not about his figthing power. (Someone should make a meme with some ladies being happy about Terashis being a walking vibrator lol).

Now the thing is that KO main narrative line is not about the tourney, but about a war behind the tourney. Maybe that explains the different feelings one gets from the final fights of the KA and KO tourney, because KA main line was really about the tourney and nothing else: at this moment we know the final fight is not the final fight, and we are keeping an eye on the worm plot.
Anyway the art is pretty gorgeous, as you say, and the fights are really fun to watch. I'm happy with the narrative about the worm, but I read the series mainly to see the drawings and the blood and cool techniques and hits on the ring :amuse

121 raw:

121 English:

122 raw: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/EP8QW5r/1/1/

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
True. Even if to say "I'm the weakest" could be a cool way to rise readers expectations, .. like a good "narrative" prelude to something great. But he simply became really the weakest in terms of fighting power, lol. Now Terashi's narrative line is about: will be able to kill Nicolas or not? Not about his figthing power. (Someone should make a meme with some ladies being happy about Terashis being a walking vibrator lol).

Now the thing is that KO main narrative line is not about the tourney, but about a war behind the tourney. Maybe that explains the different feelings one gets from the final fights of the KA and KO tourney, because KA main line was really about the tourney and nothing else: at this moment we know the final fight is not the final fight, and we are keeping an eye on the worm plot.
Anyway the art is pretty gorgeous, as you say, and the fights are really fun to watch. I'm happy with the narrative about the worm, but I read the series mainly to see the drawings and the blood and cool techniques and hits on the ring :amuse

121 raw:

121 English:

122 raw: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/EP8QW5r/1/1/
At last it became more interesting jeesh i was waiting for a bit of hell loosing this tourment felt boring after a point for me good to see it came back to it's trails.