Shounen - Kengan Ashura/Omega | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kengan Ashura/Omega

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
122 English https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/M5GdeLp/1/1/

We must have ohma vs lolong so this interruption from Niko should be just a teaser ...

Wondering whats Lolong role in the big war. Is he with the worm or with Niko or...? He Is too much of a figther to not having a role there. And he is in the last figth to which this Niko appearance is a prelude.

Anyway this figth sure is exciting,..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

raw 123: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/2q79Tuq/1/1/
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Wow it's becoming really exciting :hip :hip :hip :zomg

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah. This tournament is finally starting to kick in full gear. All the "side" plot points previously established are finally coming to light and being truly relevant. The Tiger Vessel reveal had to be one of the most hilarious moments in the series with Fei literally pulling the crane stance and calling it completely useless :XD . I'm glad he didn't go full monkey mode as Lu Tian did, that would have been so disappointing to me.

We still have Terashi's side plot point about him wanting to kill Nicolas, which will likely go sour and result in another fight of some kind. Then there's Gaoh and Kiryu, I wonder what will happen with that. And finally, we have Kureishi and Uncle Joji going to greet the Worms as well someway. Idk if I'm missing anything, there's so many plot points that at this point I'm struggling to remember all of them haha.

Anyways, Tiger Niko vs Muteba with weapons, Edward vs Raian and Fei vs Wakatsuki. The prospect sounds really freaking hype, but I seriously hope Sandro doesn't off-screen anything (then again, three hype fights simultaneously is something hard to handle without resulting in some kind of "off-screening"). I predict the Worm side is going to score all the Ws, or at least close to it. We're talking about two of the three highest officers and the hyped for all eternity Tiger's Vessel. All of them should be pretty important characters for the plot, so the likelihood of them jobbing in their first fight is very unlikely IMO (poor Alan and Lu were already used for that purpose lol).

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I think nor Raian not Edward will lose here. Maybe they wiil be interrupted somehow. On the contrary, sorry for you Muteba but sure Niko is too much for you. And as much as I like Waka, I don't see him winning this one.

Looking forward to Oma vs Lolong... If the previous figth is surrounded by this much big action, who knows how high will it be in some chaps. Wondering how will the battle tales place after tourney.

123 English: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/S1DgTFv/1/2/

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Raws for Chapter 124 out.

There's a translation summary of the chapter (all courtesy of ShadowKingRequiem from the Kengan Subreddit). You can check it here if you want.

Jesus christ, Fei is fucking broken. Although that was more or less expected, it still looks surprising (especially the last three pages; seeing the 193 kg superman being knocked down just like that is with all the reactions feels powerful). Personality-wise, he's probably already my favourite gladiator from Purgatory. Taunting and successfully mocking one of the strongest monsters of the Kengan Association so many times in a row and getting away with it just shows how strong the Adamantine Kata on his balls is, as well as his combat skills ofc. I'm so glad he didn't turn out to be a Lu Tian 2.0 and became a psycho in the process of the reveal of him being related to the Worm.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
The scary thing is Fei just seems to be playing around with Waka. What's even scarier is Fei might have demonsbane and formless too.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

everybody impressed but...

pepehands

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
muteba and raian are going to get their shit kicked in. After Wu saw that display and having Raian next to him he seemed unfazed if Raian is equal to ohma than Tokita Niko and Edward Wu are not that far from being compared to the beard. Question is will the manga go back to focusing on Koga as a MC after the tournament?

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
finally a fight something that broke my boredom of the ohkubo vs terashi fight even though so far it seems a bit .. one sided and in favor of fei.
let's hope fei won't get killed he looks cool also what bothers me what liu Dongcheng said about this is not the fei he knows so perhaps this guy just looked like fei face wise only? and the real fei is i do not know unconscious somewhere?

Fanthasma

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I still thinking waka will win after all, he just needs one clean shot on fei with the blast core (assuming fei doesn't have demonsbane). The way waka is being humiliated...I dont think he will lose like this. Besides, fei already used too much techniques of his niko style and it still not enough.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Imagine if Fei gets too cocky, partially succeeds in redirecting Blast Core without suffering lethal or life-threatening injuries, but the force of the hit is so strong he gets blown out of the ring and loses by ring-out. That would actually be hilarious, even more so if it's after a chapter of him ass-whooping Waka with Divine Demon and gives him a chance to come back and he actually does. It would go well in line with Fei's cocky personality of him wanting to show the power of the Tiger's Vessel. Of course, Waka could simply grapple him somehow and Fei could try to redirect the Blast Core, thinking he doesn't have anything stronger than that punch he took at the end of the previous chapter. Waka can still win this, although I hope it's not anticlimatic like most of the endings of Purgatory fights (Toa vs Julius, Jurota vs Masaki and Lu vs Agito for example) if he does.

muteba and raian are going to get their shit kicked in. After Wu saw that display and having Raian next to him he seemed unfazed if Raian is equal to ohma than Tokita Niko and Edward Wu are not that far from being compared to the beard. Question is will the manga go back to focusing on Koga as a MC after the tournament?
Tiger Niko should be broken as fuck. He should have Perfect Formless, Divine Demon and most if not all the Niko Style techniques refined. Seems like the personification of bullshit itself. He could already give a life-threatening injury to Ohma's Niko (despite losing in the end) and he stated he was a different person currently after training more. Fearing for my man Muteba.

let's hope fei won't get killed he looks cool also what bothers me what liu Dongcheng said about this is not the fei he knows so perhaps this guy just looked like fei face wise only? and the real fei is i do not know unconscious somewhere?
I think it's probably another "Lu Tian case" although less extreme since that man went full monkey mode once he started doing Formless. IIRC it was stated that senior combatants or strong figures of the Worm don't impersonate anyone.

Fanthasma

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Imagine if Fei gets too cocky, partially succeeds in redirecting Blast Core without suffering lethal or life-threatening injuries, but the force of the hit is so strong he gets blown out of the ring and loses by ring-out. That would actually be hilarious, even more so if it's after a chapter of him ass-whooping Waka with Divine Demon and gives him a chance to come back and he actually does. It would go well in line with Fei's cocky personality of him wanting to show the power of the Tiger's Vessel. Of course, Waka could simply grapple him somehow and Fei could try to redirect the Blast Core, thinking he doesn't have anything stronger than that punch he took at the end of the previous chapter. Waka can still win this, although I hope it's not anticlimatic like most of the endings of Purgatory fights (Toa vs Julius, Jurota vs Masaki and Lu vs Agito for example) if he does.
While it's quite possible for something like this to happen, I wouldn't want waka to win by ring out, even though we know he's not stronger than fei, I'd like to see him win on his own merits and power, being estrategic.. I think is how you said, the grappling can be the key for his victory, after all the last chapter we saw that the only moment he managed to controll the niko style was holding fei, and he can use this to shift the focus of the fight and use the blast core on the right moment.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I do think Fei wins. The reasons I see:
He's the real deal of niko style and being so he's a key character in the overall plot.
Waka, on the other hand, is just a secondary character, no matter how cool he is (really cool character).
If we have a war between the worm and the rest of the figthers, the worm needs more power, being Ohma, Agito, and likely Beard and (why not) Lolong all of them worm's antagonists ... I do not know the details of the plot but it's the feeling I have

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/nfEFnPy/1/1/ 125 raw

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Fei just pulled off the Gyojin Karate - Uchimizu from One Piece in this chapter. Thank god so far it doesn't look like he can use the Niko Style because otherwise, it would be too ridiculous (then again, I don't think we have seen him trying to yet so I could be proven wrong next chapter lol).

The translation for chapter 125 is out (courtesy of the Scans of Metsudo). You can check it here.

If someone is interested to check their homepage for Kengan Omega you can check it here. You can view the chapter drafts there and sometimes it's fun to notice some of the differences between the draft and the official release.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Seems like official english translations of this series will be coming at the exact same day the raws leak from now on.

Also, imagine my face after reading this chapter when a few days earlier I just happened to read this theory posted one month ago by a certain user.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Shame Muteba is defeated offscreen... such a good fucker deserved a better treatment lol. Lets hope we can see Raian'f figth...

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shame Muteba is defeated offscreen... such a good fucker deserved a better treatment lol. Lets hope we can see Raian'f figth...
Inb4, while Lolong and Ohma are staring at each other at the verge of starting their match, Raian's severed head comes crashing into the ground :lmao

Part of me really wants to hope Muteba is still alive. He has survived countless battlefields and is one of the best assassins in the world. Surely, the Niko Style is not bullshit enough to off-screen him like that right? Right...

Let's hope he managed to run away at least. Armed Battlefield Muteba deserves better than this. At least a flashback if he's dead Daro.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/kj0pJe/chapter-129/ 129 out

Not to be picky but what is Tokumichi doing in Purgatory's bench other than adding to the hyppe on Rolon? And maybe it's me or Mendel is been drawn bigger than in his first chapters? And are Nogi and Idemitsu able to chat telepathically? wtf lol. Nice chap anyway, ready to see how Rolon wipes the floor with Oma :popcorn

Dioj mio!!!

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Solid fight so far. Both are still on the flexing phase, with Lolong outpredicting Ohma's predictions and Ohma not bothering to use his Niko Style to the fullest yet. I suspect Silat is not all Lolong has either, seeing how Ohma is holding his own against him without the need of his main style. The Philippines have a fuckton of different martial arts. Not to mention, it would be a little weird if the King of Purgatory was a Misasa 2.0 (in the sense that both use Silat even though it's from a different school). Arnis/Kali might be his main martial art if the fact that it's the national martial art of the Philippines is something to go by.

Also, this manga has some really inconsistent height/weight depictions sometimes. How come Lolong is only 2 kg heavier than Nicolas? He looks far more bulkier than him. The height is understandable, but the weight definitely surprised me lol.