Voting Round 2 - Levi Ackerman vs. Marian Cross | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Levi Ackerman vs. Marian Cross

Who wins?

• Levi Ackerman

• Marian Cross

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Levi Ackerman
Attack on Titan
-

Marian Cross
D-Gray Man

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

So here we go ! please support Marian & vote for him

1st of all, I started preparing my campaign during nomination phase,I just copied/pasted but it was way too long so i deleted a lot of uncessary text, hope it’s not too tedious.

So who is Marian ? Marian Cross is a very strong (possibly the strongest exorcist in DGM or one of them), upright, caring & charismatic guy, it's not your average guy who could be easily be manipulated. And he’s a kind & pleasant man despite he tends to not show his caring side too much. He's a likeable character because not only, he’s funny, manly, protective hot ♥ (but that’s totally biased, i guess), but above all, i love how is he, how he is behaving, how he's not just an obedient puppy as a general, he's the kind of guy who questions a lot, even authority (the Order).

he is a man of knowledge (a scientist), and despite acting tough, he’s a goodhearted guy, who took care of a child who’s not even his, he mentored Allen and developped eventually a father-child relationship with him, he btw is the one who made Tim and gave him to Allen (to those who aren’t familiar with DGm, just consider Tim as a mascot for now, see pics ;) ).

According to Hoshino (quoting wiki) : Cross regards Allen as his own child, and thinks that Allen is cute. In turn, Allen was very distraught when he saw all the blood in Cross' room, believing him to be dead [...]The anime changed their relationship, adding fillers of Cross being more cruel to Allen than he was in the manga. Examples including Cross running off and leaving Allen to be beaten by thugs. Forcing him to gamble for money when he wasn't in need of any due to living off of rich lovers.
[...]
“There are some key differences in Cross portrayal with the anime and the manga. The former added in filler episodes and events, or changed things, to play up Cross as being a bad person, and villainized him more than Hoshino's manga characterization.

People think Marian is not enough good because of his womanizer side hoshino said : “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”), indeed he has this kind of penchant but the anime emphasizes that much more that is it in the original material and made him look maybe slightly bad, while actually he’s not even a Jiraya, a Ryo Saeba or a Sanji womanizer level, he's only shown being gallant and having a soft spot for women. Also being interested in women dont make him bad, he’s not commited in some relationships. Afaik so there’s nothing wrong, its not as if he was cheating. Many characters are like this, calling him bad because of that is quite hyprocritical and double standards. Anyway he’s a protective gentleman towards women quite like Sanji. Marian didnt do anything wrong, didnt tortured anyone, has no human killing records as far as i know, has not been embroiled in any inhuman thing like a great part of the nominees.

Personnally I don’t have any specific standards when it come to "husbando" thing, IRL I dont look for any idealised kind of person. And i’m not naïve enough to think of love in an idyllic way. Also I’m far to be perfect so I obviously don’t have that much expectations about that. Perfection doesnt exist to begin with, and perfection is boring. Quoting a comment about imperfections of the teacher of some classical music course Im taking about "vibrato" :

"how the tempo slows down and then speeds back up here and there. And again, notice how these slight imperfections, create expression in music. This is how a great performer communicates emotion to us ! "

Yes Marian is not flawless, but those few flaws of his are minors and are not at all disqualifying him for the best husbando title. On the contrary, minors flaws are what makes people, human. In my perspective the most important things is that the husbando is upright, honest, caring, kind but patient and firm, but strong enough and capable enough, and above all someone who respects me (women generally speaking). And Marian is a perfect virtual representation of what I would likely expect, personality-wise i guess.

Thxs for reading, support Marian, onegai !

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Perfection doesnt exist to begin with, and perfection is boring.
Waifu Wars 2017:
Everyone in this event only talks about his waifu as if they were perfect, without any flaw. Something like this doesn't exist! Yui will break this rule! And I won't allow Yui to be seen like the rest of the nominations. Such boredom!
Erinyes-chan... are you by any chance my soulmate? I'm... curious...

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

Marian Cross, for me....

.... plus I love me some DGrayMan...​

....and young Marian is too adorbs!!!!​

Battou

⎲⎳
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
The redhead is okay...i guess, but levi is levi :awe so he gets my vote, perhaps if marian wins i will support him next round, erin :hmph , perhaps.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The redhead is okay...i guess, but levi is levi :awe so he gets my vote, perhaps if marian wins i will support him next round, erin :hmph , perhaps.
@Battou Bat-kun, I m sure Levi is an awesome character, charismatic, badass and everything :zomg (so is Marian btw ♥ ) Do you vote for his qualities as a husbando or as an snk lover ?

Don't mean to disappoint you im afraid he's lacking some critical skills to qualify as a husband :arf.

1st he's lacking some basical communication skills with women (so savage :facepalm !!!! ) :

He s also lacking obvious communication skill with his "customers" :nah

Who really wants to live a peaceful and happy life with such a sordid torturer ?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I like Levi, but going to vote for Marian.

Thxs a lot Gry-kun :zomg

Last edited:

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Insta-votes Levi because of Erin's promise :kappa

shinobi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
This is the easiest choice for me, Levi !! :love
I was struggling with many of the other battles so this one is like my break!! :D

I like Cross, he’s a badass and cool and all (not as much as Levi though), but as a husband he's not worth anything. Some say that Levi is lacking some husband's qualities, I say Marian is far worse in this department :oh Marian a Husband?? :fail The poor woman will die by heart attach before she can even get a divorce!!!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
This is the easiest choice for me, Levi !! :love
I was struggling with many of the other battles so this one is like my break!! :D

I like Cross, he’s a badass and cool and all (not as much as Levi though), but as a husband he's not worth anything. Some say that Levi is lacking some husband's qualities, I say Marian is far worse in this department :oh Marian a Husband?? :fail The poor woman will die by heart attach before she can even get a divorce!!!
said the guy who voted the sadistist torturer

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Levi for me too

Sorry Erin Chan

Pus can't deny Cross is sure to cheat his wife

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The sad thing is people dont vote for the husbando qualities but for the series they love or for the characters they like which most of time happened to be the badass guys who are often some mass murderers.
Arju-kan, so obvious, you are not focused on characters but on the series, you only choose the hyped series or the hyped char, too bad :facepalm But its fine :)

arjuna you know nothing about cross, you havent even read what i wrote

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
The sad thing is people dont vote for the husbando qualities but for the series they love or for the characters they like which most of time happened to be the badass guys who are often some mass murderers.
Arju-kan, so obvious, you are not focused on characters but on the series, you only choose the hyped series or the hyped char, too bad :facepalm But its fine :)

arjuna you know nothing about cross, you havent even read what i wrote

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Just passing by to vote for Cross Marian. Just wonderful! How much I like Levi, I can't let the offer of my life Cross Marian down.

So Erin-chan.. don't be a disappointed, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.