Voting Round 2 - Levi Ackerman vs. Marian Cross | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Levi Ackerman vs. Marian Cross

Who wins?

• Levi Ackerman

• Marian Cross

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Voting Marian for Erin-chan

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Marian of course.
All thanks to @Erinyes heartfelt campaigning! :blush

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Ok a lot has happened during my absence, I gotta remedy to that. First of all, I would advise the 1% of people that still did not vote yet to save it for later, that way one can have a full scope of whom he wants to vote for, and as such there would be no regrets :) . On the first round I was playing around with gifs and pictures, now I want you to have fun with my wall of text !

Now who is Levi ?(as if you didn't already know...) A captain in the scouting legion whose job is to go out there and fight titans (those naked, man-eating giants). Basically they risk their life every second so that humanity may find a way to free itself from titan menace. What an unforgiving world he's living in...So let's see what knd of person he is, and what qualities he possesses, specifically those which qualify him as a great Husbando :

Active listener :
Levi was always shown to consider other people's opinions. Moreover he always makes sure to listen to each word and understand hhis interlocutor's position. Personally I think this is a crucial quality for any husband to have, as it not only expresses respect and tolerance, but also shows how much one cares.

Calm and composed :
I guess the pictures have already depicted this, but Levi rarely lets his emotions take over him or cloud his judgement. This feature not only allows him to concentrate during critical moments, but also reassures the people around him and puts them at ease.

Humane and Understanding :
There are many instances and examples I could think of, here are a few of them:
  • When Annie captured Eren in the forest, not only Levi allowed Mikasa to chase after her. but he even assisted her and understood her feelings. He believed in Mikasa's intuition saying that Eren was still alive, then saved her life, saved Eren, and saved the day.
  • He got pretty shocked after learning that titans were actually helpless humans.
  • Choosing to give the titan serum to Armin over Erwin, while knowing that it will be against general opinion. He felt that Erwin really deserved to rest, and that it would be too cruel to bring him back to their hellish life.
And many more, which I can gladly mention later on during the campaign.

Strong:
Duh, this one's self-explanatory. And I need to argue that strength is also one of the qualities that any husband should have, so that his family can feel safe and protected.
"Back off from my wife!"​

However strength does come in many forms, and though Levi has plenty of brute power, he does also quite well in the mental department. Think about it, the guy grew up in the slums, surrounded by monsters desguised as humans. He had to fight for his life, constantly and everyday. And despite all that, he grew up to be quite sophisticated and caring. I really want you to consider this point though, which is for me the reason why I respect this character so much.

Respectful:
Let's be honest, Levi looks like a street punk (still sexier than you though). But he is surprisingly quite obediant to his superiors, and quite respectful towards his underlings. He may be harsh to them sometimes, but it's always for their own good. Respect is one of the main pillars supporting a relationship. A Waifu who receives respect and love from her Husby is always content, and would never complain !! (except if maybe he's dirty and unrefined, which brings us to the next point : )

Highly disciplined :
For starters, he's very strict about hygiene, to the point it became a meme.
And that alone Ladies and gentlemen is proof of high discipline! It's quite tedious when you get down to cleaning the house and can take a lot of energy, so normal people tend to do it relactuntly, yet Levi pours his heart and soul (and some detergent) into it ! Moreover our beloved captain is quite modest and never brags, considering his accomplishments at least, isn't that right Zeke ?

Zeke : "AACKHUIIIBBAAIILLEE..."

Zeke says yes :D !

Master persuader and motivator:
All his squads follow him for a reason. Because he is honest and speaks only the truth. Levi can be quite harsh and never hits the breaks when it's about giving people a piece of his mind. Yet they all still follow him and look after him. Because what at first seemed to be an attempt to hurt their feelings, is actually a drive and wake-up slap to reality, kicking their engine into overdrive! And here are some good examples, (one of which @Erinyes used completely out of context :devil-mad):

First the scene when Historia first learned she's the true heir of the throne (brought to you in the correct context :hmph):
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/56/17
As you can see, she was completely shocked and didn't know what to do. So Levi had to intervene:
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/56/18
And after some rough persuading and motivational speech, she did accept...
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/56/24
And where did all that lead to? Well :
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/69/44
And what was Levi's reaction to it?

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/69/46
Heichouuu!!!

Another one is after Armin killed somebody for the 1st time :
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/59/17

That's actually what a good person is, a frank one.

And as a bonus, he knows how to

Hope this does him justice :hee

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Who really wants to live a peaceful and happy life with such a sordid torturer ?
So Erin-chan, I hope that now, after reading my post above, you will drop these false accusations about my Levi and stop spreading false rumors like that by using out of context pictures. Honestly... :nah

Take me as an example, First I thought Marian was just a drunkard rapist who likes small kids...but after reading your compaign messages I started changing my mind :tem (Cough* actually that's a lie, I still think he is shitty husbando material :hurr *Cough)
:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt

Last edited:

Y u m a

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Great campaigns :D
I was convinced to vote for Marian and then convinced to switch back to Levi lol.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So Erin-chan, I hope that now, after reading my post above, you will drop these false accusations about my Levi and stop spreading false rumors like that by using out of context pictures. Honestly... :nah

Take me as an example, First I thought Marian was just a drunkard rapist who likes small kids...but after reading your compaign messages I started changing my mind :tem (Cough* actually that's a lie, I still think he is shitty husbando material :hurr *Cough)
:pjsalt:pjsalt:pjsalt
Yare yare

I dont mean to be salty or to belittle anyone nominee, I respect anyone choice, but seems you lack so much arguments to support your nominee so you go straight to insulting mine : "Rapist "???
So disappointing, you re stooping so so low Uber-kun, to insult a guy who raised a child with the ustmost care. :facepalm
i honestly liked better your nomination on the previous war which was way more Husbando material than this one whos just you relying on a cute looking cliché as hell Sasuke like guy from a vastly popular manga.:derp

So tell me Uber-kun would you like Hange as a wife (or husband ?) ? of course not.
( too bad shes so amazing though, im so surprised nobody nominated her in Waifu war :arf) Levi is no more a HAnge x Sasuke mix, for the same reasons no one wants Hange as a waifu and Sasuke as a hubby, no one would really want him as a husband. I personnaly would never trust a guy who did perform some torture whatever reasons are. So you are, so everyone is. I would never entrust my children nor my life to this kind of man. and you wont either. Levi is a great & badass fighter indeed but by no means it makes him a great husabndo, he s totally qualified for some best fighter contest though.

Such hypocrysy and bad faith, Levi with Hange indeed tortured Sannes, even if im not that much familiar with Snk, i did unfortunately for you checked for someone this very chapter translation when it was out.

I would definitely support Levi in some badass character war or best Sasuke-like genious war, but he's not qualified at all as best husbando, no torturer is, no one would ever live confidently, serene, with such a guy, thats' it Uber-kun deal with it. :hmph

As for Marian as i said, he's a caring guy, he's protective and respectful towards women (contrary to your hunk :cookiehand) (well everything is on post1)

No matter what, Marian would never treat a woman like this :

Marian is not only caring but hes also helpful, he cooks and doesnt object to wash a child peeed sheet. Not all the males in this competition would likely do so.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@kira @Zasz @Organizized and everyone else who supports my nominee, thxs so so much for your support :zomg

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oops sorry i misread, i had a notification so didnt even read properly I thought you were askiing me, which indeed makes not much sense, sorry

Don't hesitate Demon kun go for Marian pliiz ♥ !

Last edited:

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Considering a lot of effort Erin-san has put to campaign for her husbando, even before the event started, it's already a given to me.

I vote for Marian Cross! \o

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

I dont mean to be salty or to belittle anyone nominee, I respect anyone choice,
Yeah, says the one who calls "innocent" people torturers and psychos right off the bat...:-_-

but seems you lack so much arguments to support your nominee so you go straight to insulting mine
Lacking arguments? Excuse me, my post above reeks of them (not the one you quoted, the other one!):datass and there is more where that came from ! But it looks like you didn't read them :8C

Also I never insulted Marian, I just said my first impression of him, which was that he likes kids :garbear ----> Confirmed by you :teach, drunkard :deleriumwhich you didn't deny, and "rapist"...well tbh my first pick was "womanizer", but let's say when I'm exposed to too much :pjsalt, I just can't hold back anymore :hurr And you still couldn't disprove it with solid facts :4head ...Ok, I take back the rapist part (it was just to get the salt going and it worked :clap2 ), but what about the other big flaws (especially the womanizer), which would make him jump from one poor maiden to the other :( all of this screams "unfaithfullness", which can destroy any relation...Well Erin-chan ? would you deny that ?

i honestly liked better your nomination on the previous war which was way more Husbando material than this one whos just you relying on a cute looking cliché as hell Sasuke like guy from a vastly popular manga.:derp
Thanks, I appreciate it :) But you know I'm quite strict when it comes to nominating characters for this kind of event, and both Kamina and Levi got the criteria to pass (barely, but still :mono)...Levi just happened to be popular, which is a good thing, because it means more people are going to discover through my compaign how much of a good husband he can make :). Just as you are doing with Marian :^_^

So tell me Uber-kun would you like Hange as a wife (or husband ?) ?
I would marry her...! (I'm serious here, I just happen to love intelligent type, strong women (with a hint of excentricity)...but too bad I'm not a titan :feelsbadman)

I personnaly would never trust a guy who did perform some torture whatever reasons are. So you are, so everyone is. I would never entrust my children nor my life to this kind of man. and you wont either.
Well this is a good point, glad you phrased it this way. Now let's fix it once and for all. First of all, for me to judge a person I need to interact with them several times before I can give a verdict, rather than let their reputation, outer appearance or rumors about them cloud my judgement (sometimes it's dificult to do so, I admit, but I try my best). And usually, the type of people who are honest and ge to the point yet still respetful always get my trust, and everybody else's. Those are what we call charismatic people, and Levi really strikes me asone. Yes, that's how I see him, and I'm trying to convey that through my compaign...I know it's tedious to read everything I wrote above, but please do so when you have the time.

As for the torture scene, yes he did do that. The reason is simple, they were hunted by the corrupt military police and they just had to gather info by torturing an enemy who would've done worse to them if he captured them. In fact, Levi also killed many soldiers (but not civilians) during those events, because it was war. There was no helping it, no avoiding it. In fact, if Marian is indeed a soldier, then he must've done the same at some point of his life.

But look what Levi said about it :
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/56/21
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/59/19

What I understand from this is how much selfless, sacrificing and pragmatic Levi is. In relationship with his waifu, those traits would lead to an unbreakable bond between the two.

Hope this cleared the misunderstanding :pwnge

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Do you have red hair? :heh
Eh? What is that supposed to mean or imply?

I don't even know what's more saddening. The fact that you are still immature enough to interpret way more into the words of others than they actually mean or that you like posts without even reading them. Because if you had read Erinyes' campaign post (which you liked btw), you would have stumbled across this part of her post:
Personnally I don’t have any specific standards when it come to "husbando" thing, IRL I dont look for any idealised kind of person.
You sir... you don't like posts because you like them. No. You like them because you want to gain plus points no matter what. That's a sad and weak character trait you have there. I feel sorry for your person.

Have you ever read my signature? You should.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Yeah, says the one who calls "innocent" people torturers and psychos right off the bat...:-_-

Lacking arguments? Excuse me, my post above reeks of them (not the one you quoted, the other one!):datass and there is more where that came from ! But it looks like you didn't read them :8C

Also I never insulted Marian, I just said my first impression of him, which was that he likes kids :garbear ----> Confirmed by you :teach, drunkard :deleriumwhich you didn't deny, and "rapist"...well tbh my first pick was "womanizer", but let's say when I'm exposed to too much :pjsalt, I just can't hold back anymore :hurr And you still couldn't disprove it with solid facts :4head ...Ok, I take back the rapist part (it was just to get the salt going and it worked :clap2 ), but what about the other big flaws (especially the womanizer), which would make him jump from one poor maiden to the other :( all of this screams "unfaithfullness", which can destroy any relation...Well Erin-chan ? would you deny that ?

Thanks, I appreciate it :) But you know I'm quite strict when it comes to nominating characters for this kind of event, and both Kamina and Levi got the criteria to pass (barely, but still :mono)...Levi just happened to be popular, which is a good thing, because it means more people are going to discover through my compaign how much of a good husband he can make :). Just as you are doing with Marian :^_^

I would marry her...! (I'm serious here, I just happen to love intelligent type, strong women (with a hint of excentricity)...but too bad I'm not a titan :feelsbadman)

Well this is a good point, glad you phrased it this way. Now let's fix it once and for all. First of all, for me to judge a person I need to interact with them several times before I can give a verdict, rather than let their reputation, outer appearance or rumors about them cloud my judgement (sometimes it's dificult to do so, I admit, but I try my best). And usually, the type of people who are honest and ge to the point yet still respetful always get my trust, and everybody else's. Those are what we call charismatic people, and Levi really strikes me asone. Yes, that's how I see him, and I'm trying to convey that through my compaign...I know it's tedious to read everything I wrote above, but please do so when you have the time.

As for the torture scene, yes he did do that. The reason is simple, they were hunted by the corrupt military police and they just had to gather info by torturing an enemy who would've done worse to them if he captured them. In fact, Levi also killed many soldiers (but not civilians) during those events, because it was war. There was no helping it, no avoiding it. In fact, if Marian is indeed a soldier, then he must've done the same at some point of his life.

But look what Levi said about it :
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/56/21
http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/59/19

What I understand from this is how much selfless, sacrificing and pragmatic Levi is. In relationship with his waifu, those traits would lead to an unbreakable bond between the two.

Hope this cleared the misunderstanding :pwnge
Thxs for clarifying, thats an interesting post :)

I know very well the torture scene was not for pleasure, what i meant is not that its wrong or stuff like this, (i personnaly still think torturing is a bad thing, though) I was not speaking of ethics, Im aware of the background & the concerns of the scene. What i m saying is that torturing is even worse than killing. therefore how can a former torturer live with such a past as if it were nothing. ?I think once you re doing such stuff you already "lost " something and you will have to shoulder this burden all you life. Thats how are things IRL even way minor crimes may ruin your life even if you try to forget about them, and therefore, they ruin your beloved lifes too. Thats what makes such people unqualified as the BEST husbando, i dont say they cant be husband, and that they can't be redeemed though, but sharing this unfair burden with your innocent children and wife makes them anable to be the best, thats way too weighty.

So Marian Cross is indeed a general but hes not killing humans, he's an exorcist :errr
So yes marian loves "expensive wine and good women and he hates dirty bastards"according to Hoshino (check quotation on op) its indeed implied that alcohool is one of his penchants, and he's been shown drunk only once if im not mistaken, but there s often some wine bottles near him or drinking a wine.

But characters as Zoro are likely way more of drunkards than actually Marian is, but no one will never called them as such :s. Actually what Hoshino quotation suggests primarilly is that he's a bon vivant kind of guy. He indeed likes good women (implying not all women, but good ones )but again he isn't involved in any committed relationship, loving women doesnt equal being unfaithful, he's just a Don juan, but again i dont think he's even Sanji's level, even Tyki Mikk is more of seducer then Marian imo. Actually Cross is very protective with women. And even Sanji showed an unexpected side when being "married" with Pudding.
Last point, I frankly can't think that a guy who's being so much attentive, and so caring that with a child who is not even his, can be a bad guy, and a bad husband. Its to me, just a proof of how tender and soft he is actually (way more than he shows)

So vote Marian Uber-kun !!! :zomg

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@syx wait just realized you're wearing a Levi set ... Masaka don't tell me you betrayed me once again ? :s

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Last Husbando Wars edition I didn't really know Marian Cross, I read stuff about him based on the anime and got the general opinion of him: womanizer, gambler and unfaithful bastard. Then @Silverwolf442 made one post with very good defence on these points here.

I dont know who to vote yet, leaning towards Levi, but Cross has more to him than what meets the eye.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Last Husbando Wars edition I didn't really know Marian Cross, I read stuff about him based on the anime and got the general opinion of him: womanizer, gambler and unfaithful bastard. Then @Silverwolf442 made one post with very good defence on these points here.

I dont know who to vote yet, leaning towards Levi, but Cross has more to him than what meets the eye.

Yep expected Silver-chan to come and support Marian as she's an even biggest fan than me, but too bad :pout

Please Lambu-kun support him. :zomg

Status
Not open for further replies.