Voting Round 2 - Levi Ackerman vs. Marian Cross | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Levi Ackerman vs. Marian Cross

Who wins?

• Levi Ackerman

• Marian Cross

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I know very well the torture scene was not for pleasure, what i meant is not that its wrong or stuff like this, (i personnaly still think torturing is a bad thing, though) I was not speaking of ethics, Im aware of the background & the concerns of the scene. What i m saying is that torturing is even worse than killing. therefore how can a former torturer live with such a past as if it were nothing. ?I think once you re doing such stuff you already "lost " something and you will have to shoulder this burden all you life. Thats how are things IRL even way minor crimes may ruin your life even if you try to forget about them, and therefore, they ruin your beloved lifes too. Thats what makes such people unqualified as the BEST husbando, i dont say they cant be husband, and that they can't be redeemed though, but sharing this unfair burden with your innocent children and wife make them makes them anable to be the best, thats way too weighty.
I understand what you mean, and you're definitely not wrong. However you need to keep in mind that Levi actually has the mental prowess to separate his work duties from his private life. As I mentioned before, the guy had a very messed up and tragic past, yet he still displays humane characteristics such as caring, and he holds a very acute sense of justice. This is a solid proof of his sanity and humanity.

Moreover, he only had to torture once, and obviously he idn't like it...but he knows that in order to survive one has to push through! and more importantly to treat those around him with care and protect them, and that's what he did. Everybody in his squad admitted that though his methods are crude, they're still right.

That's why I'm saying this again and again, Levi has more than enough displayed the required qualities to be the best husbando : Caring, wise and honest !

Trust him ladies, he can truly levi to your expectations ;) (wow, can't believe what I did there...)

So Marian Cross is indeed a general but hes not killing humans, he's an exorcist :errr
That's the thing, it's hard to compare Marian and Levi when thhey come from foundamentally different universes...

But characters as Zoro are likely way more of drunkards than actually Marian is, but no one will never called them as such

Obviously Marian is way above Sanji or Zoro's league, no question about it :hee (I mean picturing Zoro as a husband is just :teehee, once he goes to do groceries, he'll never come back...). However Levi is still above them all <_> :pjsalt.

Last point, I frankly can't think that a guy who's being so much attentive, and so caring that with a child who is not even his, can be a bad guy, and a bad husband. Its to me, just a proof of how tender and soft he is actually (way more than he shows)
there you go! you've just described Levi. Point proven, thx for agreeing ;)

But seriously gotta love your compaign Erin-chan ^^, let's keep it going :4head

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Last Husbando Wars edition I didn't really know Marian Cross, I read stuff about him based on the anime and got the general opinion of him: womanizer, gambler and unfaithful bastard. Then @Silverwolf442 made one post with very good defence on these points here.

I dont know who to vote yet, leaning towards Levi, but Cross has more to him than what meets the eye.
Come on Lambu, what would Levi say ?

"

in my line of work, the moment you doubt yourself you're finished...So just clench your teeth, and hit that 'voting' button in the nape of the neck!! Just like this...

"

No hesitating here, Levi's the man ;)

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
@syx wait just realized you're wearing a Levi set ... Masaka don't tell me you betrayed me once again ? :s

It's just a set of my favorite character of SnK. I even wore it before the Husbando Wars started. It doesn't indicate anything.
But Im just assuming he's likely voted for Levi considering the set he's wearing.

Of course wearing a set of a character means that you think he/she is the best at everything and thus you would vote for him/her regardless of the theme.

Not a nice accusation Erinyes-chan. Not a nice accusation.

I could vote for Levi now without any remorse and without you, Erinyes-chan, having any reason to point the finger at me. So tell me, will you try to win back my heart, Erinyes-chan?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@uberfayt thxs for being honest and eventually admitting Levi's faults :arf. Im aware my opponent is very popular and is greatly exposed in his series which is itself, currently a top hit, while, Marian doesnt appear a lot despite having a central role, moreover DGM as a series was on hiatus for some 2 years i think before resuming on a quarterly rythm, many don't know the series and my nominee. I wont be ashamed if i were to lose against Levi and against your great campaign, but be sure I wont give up, i ll still do my best to make him win.

@syx Im not accusing you of anything, :facepalmit s just that I havent noticed abt your set, i just realized its levi on it. so I was just wondering if there's any link with the Hw & you supporting him. I will be extremely happy and grateful if you support Marian, and disappointed if you don't, but Im not forcing you or anything (otherwise i would have used the summon card i don't even intend to use it), that would be wrong, it wont make me happy if you or anyone else feels obliged. :s feel free to vote for the most persuasive one or the one you like the most, I just hope this one is Marian,

@Reebi thxs a lot, thats awesome :zomg

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
@uberfayt thxs for being honest and eventually admitting Levi's faults :arf. Im aware my opponent is very popular and is greatly exposed in his series which is itself, currently a top hit, while, Marian doesnt appear a lot despite having a central role, moreover DGM as a series was on hiatus for some 2 years i think before resuming on a quarterly rythm, many don't know the series and my nominee. I wont be ashamed if i were to lose against Levi and against your great campaign, but be sure I wont give up, i ll still do my best to make him win.
Thank you as well for admitting that, despite his faults, Levi is still the superior husband :verily (damn I'm having more fun with this than I should...:xp)...

By the way the only thing I know about DGM is the 2nd anime ending, I saw it back in 2008 on "Game One", before it got removed from hotbird:
And I love it !

but be sure I wont give up, i ll still do my best to make him win.
Sasuga Erin-chan! Joutou da! Otagai ganbarimashou !! :D

Ok round 2, Go !!

Yes @Reebi , Levi seems to bequite "occupied" with his waifu...

And by the way, where is Marian's girl ? Oh wait...is it this cute little...boy named Allen ?? :kappa

:oooh :pjsalt:pjsalt

And @syx just go for Levi already...don't disappoint your beloved Heichou :hurr

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I came here because I was summoned by Marian's admirer over here but...

And by the way, where is Marian's girl ? Oh wait...is it this cute little...boy named Allen ?? :kappa

THANKS
THANKS

I rolled on the floor laughing. :XD

Thank you for the laughter.

I don't know how you managed to dig so far that you used a pic from the pilot (not even for the actual series) but congratulation for the endeavour. <_>

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
@syx Im not accusing you of anything, :facepalmit s just that I havent noticed abt your set, i just realized its levi on it. so I was just wondering if there's any link with the Hw & you supporting him. I will be extremely happy and grateful if you support Marian, and disappointed if you don't, but Im not forcing you or anything (otherwise i would have used the summon card i don't even intend to use it), that would be wrong, it wont make me happy if you or anyone else feels obliged. :s feel free to vote for the most persuasive one or the one you like the most, I just hope this one is Marian,
You assumed that I have most likely voted for Levi because of my set. That's certainly not a 100% accusation, but it comes very close to it in my book. It was not pleasent to read.

Syx is being tsun tsun, Erin-chin, he's after your heart, no Levi votes <3
But farf-chan my heart belongs to Marian :hmph

I cant betray the one im fighting for, im not such an horrible waifu !

Dear god, you are all out of your minds. I was looking for an apology or some words of cheer (which would have guaranteed a Marian vote btw), not a freaking marriage proposal. You guys think way too complicated for something which is so easy to achieve actually. It's hilarious.

I'll try to make it quick and spare the other users from this nonsense. Apparently, Erinyes-chan is not going to play her card here, so I can either trust her campaign for Marian, or I'll go with my favorite SnK character.

First of all, I don't think Levi would make a bad husbando. Whoever followed SnK and watched/read Kuinaki Sentaku should have realized as much. Levi has quite some decent character traits, traits that would go well in a relationship. I think some people are doing him wrong by indicating the opposite by providing some out of context panels here. Many nominations in this event are from battle orientated series with settings where the whole world is at stake. Saying Levi is not fit for husbando because he tortures people or threatened Historia (who by the way is a full fledged soldier who could beat the shit out of me, not to mention that she fully deserved that treatment considering what the stakes were) is like showing only one side of a coin without any context whatsoever. If this is the way to go, you could disqualify 90% of the nominations because most of them did questionable things regardless of whether you apply our world ethics or the ethics of the world these characters take part in. Then just restrict these events for characters of Shojo/non-fantasy Highschool characters. Levi does the things he does, not because he is batshit crazy or because of naive reasonings, he is doing it because they are necessary and most of all, because he has the guts to do it instead sitting idle and giving us the "nah, not doing that shit, the good will prevail somehow" speech.

So, do I vote for Levi? No, since I'm not sure if Levi would make a husbando worthy of winning this event. I also can't ignore Erinyes' campaign. I might have my reservations about Marian, but there is also a lot of good things I heard about him. Am I voting for Marian then? No, I'm not Erinyes-chan.

It would have required only a couple of nice words to win me over, but some people are way to stiff. I'll let a coin decide and the coin decided for Marian. Good luck to the both of you.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yep expected Silver-chan to come and support Marian as she's an even biggest fan than me, but too bad :pout

Please Lambu-kun support him. :zomg

Come on Lambu, what would Levi say ?

"

in my line of work, the moment you doubt yourself you're finished...So just clench your teeth, and hit that 'voting' button in the nape of the neck!! Just like this...

"

No hesitating here, Levi's the man ;)

:notlikethis

You know, Levi is one interesting character and is one of my faves, its just that I think he would be a too cold for my taste. He's not bad, he's just not that good.
Marian is too free-spirited so he would probably give me some headaches aswell. :faint If Marian somehow got to put his habits to rest he would be my choice.

Should I go with Cross? He might be a more risky choice, but I would find him a more enjoyable partner than Levi.
Or should I go with a safer choice, Levi? He's absolutely not perfect but at least he would be more stable. :hmm

I'll give a chance to Marian this time, Levi has the whole AoT fanbase to support him already so he has more chances.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thxs a lot Lambu :zomg !

Syx said:
First of all, I don't think Levi would make a bad husbando.
thats not what i said, i didn't say he was a bad husband material but he was not the BEST husband material, the very topic of this contest, please dont put words in my mouth :errr
Quote me : "Thats what makes such people unqualified as the BEST husbando, i dont say they cant be husband, and that they can't be redeemed though, but sharing this unfair burden with your innocent children and wife makes them unable to be the best, thats way too weighty."

Syx said:
It would have required only a couple of nice words to win me over
You make it sounds as if i ve been mean or if i said something wrong, :si keep reading again and again what I wrote and theres nothing bad in my words, in any case if you felt offended or anything, my apologies.

You re free to like Levi its not as im blaming you or anything, but imo, levi is the typical cliché serious manga/anime guy (a better version of Sasuke ) i m totally indifferent to this type of character. I don't dislike him though, but i don't think of him as the best husbando here.

Uberfayt said:
By the way the only thing I know about DGM is the 2nd anime ending, I saw it back in 2008 on "Game One", before it got removed from hotbird:

Listen to this, an insert song :zomg

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Tough choice I really don't know for who to vote here...

And Campaigns for both are great so far :notlikethis
Levi or Marian :?bunny

vote Levi no contest :cheez:cheez

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Vici-chaaaaan :zomg thats a lovely post ♥ Red truth

I see Vici's wonderful post + awesomeness + Uminekoness. I hit the like button, like:

Well, you were the one that has recommended that series for me some time ago by complete accident..

Well basically I was stalking FF like always and you said if someone liked Higurashi than will most likely enjoy this title as well << I didn't need more to pick it up

So thank you for that Magi

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
This thread has been very active and entertaining. Congrats, both of you! Good campaigners and good husbandos. And a nice amount of salt! Could it get more difficult? That's why I had decided not to vote for any of them, but now I feel a urge to vote...tomorrow...still not 100% sure today...

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Tough choice I really don't know for who to vote here...

And Campaigns for both are great so far :notlikethis
Levi or Marian :?bunny
Daamn, that's some subtle stuff there... At first glance I was like :"Yeah! let's use my persuading skills again :cheez ...!!".... ...."Oh, some words are in red, that's cute ^^, but what could that mea..." "..Oh..."
... "Oh...
.:feelsbadman..." :emocat

And Campaigns for both are great so far
"...For both...for both...! that means me too...! :feelsgoodman"

Thanks @Vici and @Juviii ^^

Listen to this, an insert song :zomg
Wow...so soothing, yet a bit sad. I like it ^^

it feels like it's made for somebody who is shouldering a lot of burden, yet continues to push through and endures...is that what it is @Erinyes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.