Discussion - Mystery Team SPAIN | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mystery Team SPAIN

Who do you think is Spain's 3rd Strongest Player?

• Silva Bambieri

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mares De Con

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Romeo Fernandez

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Rodrigo Roca Rodrigo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 of the 2 unknown MS.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Julio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Whenever I think if Seda is strong or not I remember that he can brainwash every character in the cast except for like, 10 players, but then I also remember that it's easily countered by wearing earplugs...

Why did Konomi do that???
Not only that his base tennis is weak.

Both of his serves are returned ACE by Kintarou and Ohmagari.

It showed that without his hypnosis (which actually isnt his arsenal until Romeo held him the book), his base tennis is almost not even on par as low tier G10 Member like Mouri and Ohmagari
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Whenever I think if Seda is strong or not I remember that he can brainwash every character in the cast except for like, 10 players, but then I also remember that it's easily countered by wearing earplugs...

Why did Konomi do that???
Also his supposed skill of "He can react to moves he just first seen"

It is not special imo. Every Competent Player can do that. Especially the high tiers.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Mares is in the hot seat too. Ngl.

We are having extreme expectations next chapters now. We all expect he will lead a 7- 0 run comeback right? (With little help pf Seda)

His Sniping and Paralysis is nice. Not only his serves. But also his normal return and rally shots can target and paralyze.

But you can counter it two ways:

1. Using both right and left hand simultaneously

2. Having enough power and grip strength to resist paralysis.

Also it is not enough to beat a bottom Genius 10 level.

I am using Bottom Genius 10 Level (Mouri, Kimi, Tohno, and Ohmagari) as the minimum bar as of now

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Romeo exceeds expectations, even if his kit is unfocused. Him managing to keep up with Atobe at the wnd seals him in as a top player.

Mares meets expectations so far. The Paralyzer is a great move and it's implied she has more.

Seda is below expectations, and a lot of that is due to being overhyped until now. Him mastering the Arenemona chant and that scene with Zeus hype him up only to get schooled by Kin in each interaction. His true gimmick was slapped aside like nothing especially since Kin was holding back in the match.

While Narratively it sucks that She and Seda are getting whipped. You have too keep in mind that the 2 are up against an obnoxiously specced team that seem built to answer their abilities. It's funny that this pair almost operate like protagonists.

Like imgine we're following the Spain Team; Mares has been mastering her Different Snipe Serves for each opponent while Seda is an up and comer adapting to his opponents as he goes. Then he picks up a new seemingly op ability for the finals.

And then their opponents can resist paralysis because one happens to use 2 rackets and a combination of earplugs and Kintarou being Kintarou seal the hypnosis. Plus the enemy has Tnk.

My point is that Mares and Seda are in a really unfair match up for them specifically, but we'll see if they can find Redemption

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Romeo exceeds expectations, even if his kit is unfocused. Him managing to keep up with Atobe at the wnd seals him in as a top player.

Mares meets expectations so far. The Paralyzer is a great move and it's implied she has more.

Seda is below expectations, and a lot of that is due to being overhyped until now. Him mastering the Arenemona chant and that scene with Zeus hype him up only to get schooled by Kin in each interaction. His true gimmick was slapped aside like nothing especially since Kin was holding back in the match.

While Narratively it sucks that She and Seda are getting whipped. You have too keep in mind that the 2 are up against an obnoxiously specced team that seem built to answer their abilities. It's funny that this pair almost operate like protagonists.

Like imgine we're following the Spain Team; Mares has been mastering her Different Snipe Serves for each opponent while Seda is an up and comer adapting to his opponents as he goes. Then he picks up a new seemingly op ability for the finals.

And then their opponents can resist paralysis because one happens to use 2 rackets and a combination of earplugs and Kintarou being Kintarou seal the hypnosis. Plus the enemy has Tnk.

My point is that Mares and Seda are in a really unfair match up for them specifically, but we'll see if they can find Redemption
I mean Romeo was hyped too the moment he was introduced. Most posters assumed he is Spain's #2 Before Ryoga Joined.

But bravo for Romeo for a strong showing in which he even exceeded already high expectations

I hope Mares will exceed expectations. Nanjirou is literally relying on her this match. Nanjirou almost doesn't even talk to Seda. Lmao.

And that Nanjirou's "It is about time" to Mares is just a trigger for more expectation on her.

Yes, Seda is kinda underperforming. Actually, it is not bad to lose to Kin. Kin is strong. But Seda is literally being SCHOOLED!!!.

Having said all of that, Yes, maybe it is just a matchup advantage.

For ex:

I think Peter is a better Player than Alan. But Alan would have beaten him just because of favorable matchup.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Seda is below expectations, and a lot of that is due to being overhyped until now. Him mastering the Arenemona chant and that scene with Zeus hype him up only to get schooled by Kin in each interaction.
The discussions we had about that scene are very funny in hindsight, given that Zeus' shock wasn't a feat of Seda's (as if he had an aura more overwhelming than Zeus') but rather he was starting to recognise him as Sedah.

Also his supposed skill of "He can react to moves he just first seen"

It is not special imo. Every Competent Player can do that. Especially the high tiers.
Hm, I disagree here. A lot of times players just have no answer for their opponent or take forever to find a counter, whereas Seda does it immediately (and he does it in a very cool way, kinda replicating moves with a twist to them).

Whenever someone has a quick counter, it's shown as something extremely remarkable (Yukimura's style, Data players being prepared, Ralph's ability that still barely edged Amadeus, etc). The problem is that Seda just seemingly has very low stats compared to Ohmagari and TnK! Kin that are close to 30 rn, which is not that odd given he's a MSer with no auras or buffs of the like (until now).

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The discussions we had about that scene are very funny in hindsight, given that Zeus' shock wasn't a feat of Seda's (as if he had an aura more overwhelming than Zeus') but rather he was starting to recognise him as Sedah.
But that begs the question. If Sedah of Spain is Hades. Who is the Hades playing for Greece according to databooks? Are they the same person? Are they related? Maybe Sedah is actually Greek?

Based on their flashback scene when they were young. I think Zeus and Seda lived in the same country during their elementary years. Is it in Spain or in Greece? I bet my money on the latter.

But that begs the question. If Sedah of Spain is Hades. Who is the Hades playing for Greece according to databooks? Are they the same person? Are they related? Maybe Sedah is actually Greek?

Based on their flashback scene when they were young. I think Zeus and Seda lived in the same country during their elementary years. Is it in Spain or in Greece? I bet my money on the latter.

Team Greece

They pursue the theory of the exemplar “Idea tennis”
Their player base is solid and there are strong players like Hades that can manipulate the “Golden Aura”. Zeus chose the members and strives for “The model of tennis”, rather than victory. The growth of the next generation will become a challenge for the whole team.
-------

Sedah can use Aura too. Coincidence???

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Team Greece

They pursue the theory of the exemplar “Idea tennis”
Their player base is solid and there are strong players like Hades that can manipulate the “Golden Aura”. Zeus chose the members and strives for “The model of tennis”, rather than victory. The growth of the next generation will become a challenge for the whole team.
-------

Sedah can use Aura too. Coincidence???
I think he's just Sedah, not Hades (tho the backwards meaning is intentional). Different characters, but both Greek. I guess Seda moved to Spain after the events of the flashback.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Do you think we'll find out who played against the USA?

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think he's just Sedah, not Hades (tho the backwards meaning is intentional). Different characters, but both Greek. I guess Seda moved to Spain after the events of the flashback.
Sedah being from Greece would also be a cool way of reintroducing the idea Nagoya Setoku (i think that was the school) that had a bunch of foreigners that was gonna be the final boss in PoT.

Spain just poaching unique talents scross the world. Would justify Ryogas travels if you assume he would always return to spain regardless of Ryomas actions

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Sedah being from Greece would also be a cool way of reintroducing the idea Nagoya Setoku (i think that was the school) that had a bunch of foreigners that was gonna be the final boss in PoT.

Spain just poaching unique talents scross the world. Would justify Ryogas travels if you assume he would always return to spain regardless of Ryomas actions
I think every country poaches if they can.

Japan poach Duke from France

Switzerland poach Tatsuta (?) from Japan

Germany poach Tezuka from Japan

Spain poach Ryoga from Japan, and Sedah from Greece

Heck, in the future we might see Atobe and Romeo being in Austraila. (There was a slight hint during their match)

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Romeo exceed my expectation. At first he's actually around my expectations, but then Atobe upgrade is insane and Romeo can keep up with it.

Mares... actually seemed insane in singles. I would say so far he meet my expectations.

Seda is far below expectations.

I know I talk about how strong Ohmagari/Kintarou is compare to Tanegashima/Shiraishi and even compare the pair positively to Tanegashima/Akaya and Bismarck/Sigfried. But I would expect the final boss doubles to NOT get 6-0 5-0 no matter how strong Ohmagari/Kintarou are. What just happen is insane. And I really hate the 6-0 then 0-6 match. Oni and QP match was great before... that kinda happen to it.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Romeo exceed my expectation. At first he's actually around my expectations, but then Atobe upgrade is insane and Romeo can keep up with it.

Mares... actually seemed insane in singles. I would say so far he meet my expectations.

Seda is far below expectations.

I know I talk about how strong Ohmagari/Kintarou is compare to Tanegashima/Shiraishi and even compare the pair positively to Tanegashima/Akaya and Bismarck/Sigfried. But I would expect the final boss doubles to NOT get 6-0 5-0 no matter how strong Ohmagari/Kintarou are. What just happen is insane. And I really hate the 6-0 then 0-6 match. Oni and QP match was great before... that kinda happen to it.
100% hormones Romeo meets expectation.
120% hormones exceeded cause he can win 4 points straight against a 3rd Year Hser Atobe?!

Mares paralysis and sniping is barely meeting expectations.

Hot take: When Mares Gets Serious, He/She will exceed our expectations.

Seda's strongest Aura currently is Muga which is actually a childs play at this point. I mean we have multiple characters who can rally and beat TNK in their base forms.
His trickery of Mass Hypnosis is super tricky. But some can resist it by nature like Kintarou and Zeus did. Or Simply putting on an earplugs.

6-0, 0-6 sets or 5-0 to 0-6 (or 0-7) comeback run set. Indicates that each player/s keep turns in showing their skills.

It happened MOSTLY in Edgar/Jonathan VS Mouri/Yanagi too.
(But at least the narrative of getting each other's data supports how the game went)

This

I wonder. Will Ohmagari/Kintarou able to 6-0, 5-0 this ff: doubles pair?

a.) Bertie/Dankmar (Nope, No way)
b.) Bismarck/Siegfried (Nope, I dont think so)
c.) Tristan/Timothe (Nope, not even this pair)
d.) Edgar/Jonathan (YES, they would!!!)
e.) Albert/Randy (NOPE!)
f.) Peter/Henri (Peter outplayed Ohmagari back then, so Nope. (Kin might be > Henri now))

So, in conclusion Mares/Seda level of performance shown SO FAR is only in the level of Edgar/Jonathan.

This stems to WHY though? What is the exact real reason?

1. Mares really holding back the whole game so far just to develop Seda?

2. . Mares/Seda got overconfident?!

Etc

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

That is indeed the school.

I remember Kaoz listing a bunch of parallels among Nations and Teams.

From the recent countries, Germany = Rikkai (the invincible champions that won several times, originally Rikkai was meant to beat Seigaku just like Germany won against Japan), Spain = Nagoya (Nagoya was meant to be the original final rival) do feel intentional. It would be funny if Spain's D1 is from another country, for whatever reason.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

From the recent countries, Germany = Rikkai (the invincible champions that won several times, originally Rikkai was meant to beat Seigaku just like Germany won against Japan), Spain = Nagoya (Nagoya was meant to be the original final rival) do feel intentional. It would be funny if Spain's D1 is from another country, for whatever reason.
Sedah is from Greece. Connected with Zeus and Greece's Hades.

Mares is from Australia cause He/She is dating Australian Captain Jean.😎😂

Not to mention Spain's Coach is not Spanish too.

Spain have no problem getting Foreign Bloods I guess.

Fernandez, Silva, and Roman are obviously Spanish Names.

Idk about Medanore. I searched what country that surname came from. But no results.

Antonio sounds spanish though.

Seigaku - Japan (Protagonist Team)

Rikkaidai - Germany (Invincible Champions)

Nagoya - Spain (Foreigner Final Boss (or supposed to be)) of

Hyotei - Switzerland
( Strong and Deep Team, but can be able to be upset by weaker teams due to arrogance)
(Ex: Hyotei losing to Fudomine. Switzerland losing to Australia)

Shintenhoji - France
(Plays Unique and Original Style of Tennis)

Higa - Greece
(Both Uses Violent and "Hurt Opponent" kind of Tennis)

Australia - Yamabuki
(Two Man Team)

I am not sure what team is USA?
Rokkaku? Fudomine?

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Sedah is from Greece. Connected with Zeus and Greece's Hades.

Mares is from Australia cause He/She is dating Australian Captain Jean.😎😂

Not to mention Spain's Coach is not Spanish too.

Spain have no problem getting Foreign Bloods I guess.

Fernandez, Silva, and Roman are obviously Spanish Names.

Idk about Medanore. I searched what country that surname came from. But no results.

Antonio sounds spanish though.

Seigaku - Japan (Protagonist Team)

Rikkaidai - Germany (Invincible Champions)

Nagoya - Spain (Foreigner Final Boss (or supposed to be)) of

Hyotei - Switzerland
( Strong and Deep Team, but can be able to be upset by weaker teams due to arrogance)
(Ex: Hyotei losing to Fudomine. Switzerland losing to Australia)

Shintenhoji - France
(Plays Unique and Original Style of Tennis)

Higa - Greece
(Both Uses Violent and "Hurt Opponent" kind of Tennis)

Australia - Yamabuki
(Two Man Team)

I am not sure what team is USA?
Rokkaku? Fudomine?
I like Hyotei - Switzerland because Amadeus is literally called the Charisma of the Swiss.

Aramenoma - Midoriyama. Filler school right after Hyotei.

I don't quite see Shiten - France but they are indeed the leftovers. You can argue that both rounds ended at 3-1 before the fated match that everyone wanted to see happened (Duke-Camus and Ryoma-Kin).

Shishigaku would make sense here in the original script, before Hyotei took their spot in the Nationals because of popularity. Chitose was meant to still be a Shishigaku player so you could draw parallels between Camus-Chitose and Duke-Tachibana.

Greece doesn't really use violent tennis. Zeus hates it and only allowed the Stephanopoulos to play knowing that they'd lose, and then have to repent and change their ways. I don't think any school really fits that. I like Rokkaku better because they also have a young captain + David + friendly powerhouse focused more on vibes than winning by all means necessary. Saeki even let Yuuta beat him which you can parallel to Heracles vs Oishi.

Australia is kind of like Yamabuki with Noah acting as a Mizuki (so, a mix with St Ru, too). They get a "boring" doubles, the delinquent star and maybe Crawford would be a Sengoku kind of player (the ace of the team, though the lucky player ended up being American).

USA is kinda like Fudomine. Ralph pulled the team together just like Tachibana. They get hyped by defeating Switzerland / Hyotei. Their whole purpose overall is to just be friendly and worf (vs Rikkai and Shiten, vs Spain).

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Wonder what the stats Spain players have?

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I know there is a Spain thread. But I want to focus on Spain's Original #2 Player in Romeo Fernandez.

Summary:

Skills: Materlializar Illusion of Fear, Infinite Reset of Stamina, and Hormones Adjustment (100% and 120%)

Feats:

Able to Win Euro Championship in his age bracket.

Able to play evenly against Bismarck in a single set.

120% Hormones can keep up against 3rd year Hser Atobe

But is that enough to beat most of Genius 5 Members?

This is my takes:(3 SET MATCHES)

(So from Level 1 to Level 5)

Level 1: Against Duke

Romeo wins. Romeo is too tricky for Duke. Duke do not have counters in his haxes.

Level 2: Against Tanegashima

Hmmm. Can go either way. 50-50 imo

Level 3: Against Oni

Oni Wins due to TNK + Kijin Demon

Level 4: Against Tokugawa

Toku wins because of Freeze Balls and Asura and Balck Holes!!!

Level 5: Byodoin

Byodoin stomps. Byo is same league as Medanore and Volk. And by portrayal, Romeo seemed accepted inferiority to Medanore.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wonder what the stats Spain players have?
Based on what I saw so far.

I think

Germany Players have better stats in terms of Base Tennis

While

Spain Players might have slightly lower base stats. But have higher hax and trickery.

Romeo can give you illusion of fear. Can mind control. And can manipulate his own stamina and hormones.

Seda shares with Romeo the ability to mind control. Also Mass Hypnosis

Most Normal so far is Mares (based on his skills). He is just good in sniping and targeting. But his paralysis can be considered a trick I guess.

Probably is Seda lol
Nope. We were wrong.

Seda is not 4th Strongest now. It is being revealed that he probably is the weakest among Spain Regulars.

To the Point Mares needed to step back a lot to let him develop as the weakest player on the court. Lol

Last edited:

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
He should be able to beat Tane, Duke and Oni. 3rd Year Hser Atobe should be above TnK rally level and even before his upgrade, he was able to go toe to toe against TnK and Romeo stomped him. Oni’s TnK level of rallies shouldn’t be stronger than Atobe’s Infinite Evolution.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
He should be able to beat Tane, Duke and Oni. 3rd Year Hser Atobe should be above TnK rally level and even before his upgrade, he was able to go toe to toe against TnK and Romeo stomped him. Oni’s TnK level of rallies shouldn’t be stronger than Atobe’s Infinite Evolution.
Oni have a Kijin though in which it makes your stat at maximum 10. At least according to @Hardy. Idk if that is really true.

Both Atobe and Romeo doesn't have Kijins. So how can we factor that?🤔

120% Hormones Romeo is really strong though.

If I remember correctly, 120% Hormones Romeo was able to score 4 straight points against Infinite Evolution Atobe.

------
As for curiosity, Why do you think Tokugawa will beat Romeo? But Oni Won't?

Are you implying Asura Kijin > Demon Kijij?

Or the Black Holes and Freezing balls of Toku can neutralize Romeo's skills?

BONUS QUESTION:

Do you guys think Romeo is a better player than Atobe? (Atobe just have the plot and luck around him)

Is that the same case with

Tane beat Zeus, but the latter is 99/100 times better

Or

Byo Beat Volk, but Latter is still seen as stronger?

Tsuntsun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Atobe in 3 years is scaled with Tezuka in 3 years since Ryoma also stated that Atobe in 3 years will have a good chance of beating that tezuka in 3 years. However, I don't think the Atobe with infinite evolution is as strong as what he will be then but he should be close, so by saying that Romeo will lose to Duke, Oni and others is basically saying that Atobe and Tezuka in 3 years will also be around the same level. (Isn't Tezuka meant to be the same level as Volk)