Voting Round 4 - Naruto vs. Gintama | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 4 Naruto vs. Gintama

Who wins?

• Naruto

• Gintama

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Naruto
Masashi Kishimoto
-

Gintama
Hideaki Sorachi

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh look, gintama, a manga I haven't read, vs naruto, a manga I have read. Such a difficult decision....

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I m leaning more toward Naruto here.
I have watched 30 something episodes of Gintama, and while it was cool, the fact that I have started this anime more than 4 years ago and still not finished it... means that I was not that invested in it.

Well, let's wait for the campaigns, I might discover something new!

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Well I like both of my options here, but as much shit as I have given Naruto for for beating Tokyo Ghoul (Seriously, c'mon :twitch)
But I think I will go Naruto this time around, I do like the first arcs a lot anyways. I mean, I like it all, but those are my favorites :umad

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is one of those situations were a manga that just appeals to the basic shounen crowd beat one of the greatest manga out there.

Gintama can take my Salt Vote.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Won't vote so early but I like Gintama more.

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gintama I have only really seen part of the anime of, but from what I have seen, I still am comfortable giving it my vote here. I think it is a lot more unique, and I had way more fun pound for pound with it than Naruto, which really only gave me fun at points (albeit those moments were quite a lot of fun). I enjoy comedy a lot when done right, and Gintama does that from what I have seen. It is not a massive margin, but it is by enough.

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
One of the series has the perfect blend of comedy, action, great characters, and everything in-between.

The other is Naruto.

God I hate Naruto, it made a closest manga fan during my middle school years because people wouldn't shut up about it and that stupid catch phrase "Believe it!"

Believe what? That you're an annoying fake ninja with a fox like appearance? I've seen better Kitsune-esque people in Touhou and even my own fanfiction. And yeah, your series spawned some of the worst fanfiction ever beholden to mankind.

You know what a real ninja would never do? Telegraph their attacks, wearing Identifying headbands or bright colors, or run like an idiot.

Seriously? Do they think they're planes when they run like that?

Jeez, and they made a spin-off of this series? I guess we got to milk the cow dry for this awful series.

I know what the fox says and it isn't "Believe it" like a broken record.

P.S. You're the reason why Black Clover exists, thanks for nothing.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
One of the series has the perfect blend of comedy, action, great characters, and everything in-between.

The other is Naruto.

God I hate Naruto, it made a closest manga fan during my middle school years because people wouldn't shut up about it and that stupid catch phrase "Believe it!"

Believe what? That you're an annoying fake ninja with a fox like appearance? I've seen better Kitsune-esque people in Touhou and even my own fanfiction. And yeah, your series spawned some of the worst fanfiction ever beholden to mankind.

You know what a real ninja would never do? Telegraph their attacks, wearing Identifying headbands or bright colors, or run like an idiot.

Jeez, and they made a spin-off of this series? I guess we got to milk the cow dry for this awful series.

do you want a tissue for your issue?

Voted for Naruto because it was great from the start and good from start of second part up to the war arc.

senjuclan

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
4 naruto of course

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Voting Naruto here. Nostalgia plus @Emperor Spriggan 's surprisingly appealing campaigning from previous rounds is enough to get my vote.
:8C:8C:8C:8C:8C

Is this how you treat your girl? A rusty knife in the back?

If you're trying to make sure I evolve into One True Salt Lady, then you're doing a good job!

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
:8C:8C:8C:8C:8C

Is this how you treat your girl? A rusty knife in the back?

If you're trying to make sure I evolve into One True Salt Lady, then you're doing a good job!
The One True Salt King needs a Salt Queen, don't make me go looking for someone else :kappa
If you haven't actually submitted your vote yet, I'll ask you to vote for Burrito's Dad.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

The other is Naruto.

I can't help but love post filled with raw hate, be it for a series I like or despise.

Either way, I've yet to vote for any of the Naruto rounds, so I'll probably vote Gintama because I'm sick of Naruto's face sticking around.

Gryffindor

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Previous Posts:
[post=4620821] Post #1: Overview[/post]
[post=4621773] Post #2: Small Glimpses[/post]
[post=4625502] Post #3: Character Groups V.1[/post]

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the music.

So as has been mentioned, Gintama isn’t your run of the mill ordinary shonen. It does not follow the formulaic process of fighting a new boss and their henchmen(each stronger than the previous) that a lot of Shonen tend to do. Gintama is different, it’s random in that arcs integral to the main plot are sandwiched in between comedy arcs or standalone chapters(eventually it takes a linear format as well). These "integral arcs" don't serve as a "save the world type of deal"(bar the final current arc), they serve to give the reader insight into the characters, why they behave the way they do, further establish relationships between characters and dive deep into various serious themes encompassing politics, betrayal, sacrifice, familial ties, etc. Gintama's serious arcs serve to develop the characters in question while the comedy arcs provide a fresh of breath air where the reader can kick back and enjoy seeing their characters go through the hassle of daily life, keep in mind that even the comedy arcs can carry a heavy message. With that being said, Gintama is a conglomerate of many elements, that there is bound to be something for everyone in it.

Parody

"From Lessons 354, 409, and 407"

Take these 90 seconds to watch this video parodying the Namek Saga from DB:XD
Manga Panel:

"From Lesson 202"
Rest assured, there is more DB if that's what you're into.

:kappa

"From Lesson 232"

So parodies aint' your thing? That's fine, how about some good ol' fashioned comedy without the mimicry.

Comedy
This vid is 30 seconds, yes I know this is the third video I linked, but this helps get the effect across. Here's the manga panel to go along with it:

"From Lesson 188"

"From Lesson 337"

The comedy not up your alley? That's cool, just keep in mind it's diverse, but even so, if that isn't enough, then how about we change the tone a bit.

Serious

Ok, I'm going to admit. I'm probably fanboying the sh** out of this fight, but I really do believe it's a masterpiece. Not only for the intense fight sequence but because of the emotional weight hovering over both of these individuals as they unleash their frustration on each other as the tumultuous history behind them is revealed little by little. Words don't do these chapters justice.

"From Lessons 517/518"

"From Lesson 219"

"From Lesson 368"

Wackiness
Fights and the seriousness still ain't doing it for you, well then how about the wacky adventures the cast experiences like:
Kagura's Funeral

So basically, Kagura fakes an illness and she ends up in this predicament at the mercy of the series' biggest sadist. Just another day for the Yorozuya.
"From Lesson 458"

Kondo Getting Married??!

When saving the country and chasing the woman you love leads you to marrying a gorilla.
"From Lesson 123"

Well, I think for now that's it. Did my best to avoid spoilers once more. Hopefully that was enough to give you guys the inside scoop on all Gintama has to offer(and it has a LOT more to offer) and why the abundance of craziness, stupidity, intensity, emotionally heavy tear jerkers, and lessons all delivered by this wonderful crew created by Sorachi deserve your vote!
Thanks for reading and vote Gintama!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.