Voting Round 4 - Naruto vs. Gintama | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 4 Naruto vs. Gintama

Who wins?

• Naruto

• Gintama

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn, that's a strong campaign post. I'm leaning so heavily in Gintama's direction right now that I'm going to post this

Tragedy and Comedy both done well.

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Is this a joke? Why the hell is Naruto still here? It's like herpes that just keep coming back. :notrust

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
After Berserk, Vagabond and my own nomination got decimated by shonen series it's nearly about time to rebel!!

Lucky this is shonen vs shonen or I wouldn't have a choice here :derp

In seriousness, I'll wait to the end of the round. If too much shit is put on Naruto I might even cast a reverse-salt vote.

First of all I will like to congratulate @Emperor Spriggan for managing to beat two difficult opponents Tokyo Ghoul and Naruto.
If only ;)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
After Berserk, Vagabond and my own nomination got decimated by shonen series it's nearly about time to rebel!!

Lucky this is shonen vs shonen or I wouldn't have a choice here :derp

In seriousness, I'll wait to the end of the round. If too much shit is put on Naruto I might even cast a reverse-salt vote.

If only ;)
Mistake my auto correction made it Naruto.Even computer is putting Naruto everywhere.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gintama surely. Naruto was good at the start, but Gintama is great in many ways.

@TotalEcon good to know you voted for Gintama, you did like that Kamui avy in the end, then?:teehee

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Why couldn't I be his sister? D:
Nah, then it wouldn't be a punishment, because Kagura is a cool girl :XD By the way, thanks for campaign for Gintama early too :teehee

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just letting some propagand about Gintama here :teehee

Why should you vote for Gintama?

It's the only series that can reunite the best manga, make a parody of it and still have its own story! The parodies won't stop:

Gintama's story starts when you know Gintoki, a former samurai that fought on the war between humans (samurai)and aliens (called Amanto), there were another three samurai that fought along with him, but for the sake of parody, later in the story it's told a tale about a certain fifth man that used to help them:

Yes, it parodies with Naruto as well, but let's explain. Besides Samurai and aliens other characters in Gintama's universe are Ninjas, naturally since the samurai and Ninja were common figures on Edo. This is what happens when one of the characters from the Police (Shinsengumi), which is a spy, tries to improve his techniques as a good spy doing a "ninja-course" to achieve his objective

It also breaks the fourt wall:

Gintama is great, if you haven't read yet, try reading it:verily

Last edited:

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Ok... let's relax and simply vote without strategies.

Naruto, it's simply because Sorachi might do a wonderful manga, but there's a big problem here, and Naruto doesn't have this one, the amount of text.
The real issue with manga is that it needs to be a quick read, i couldn't stand too much of Gintama's jokes on paper because my attention started to drive far anf far of the focus that the joke needs to be entertaining.
Gintama to anime, is a different matter, but in manga, it doesn't make me laugh, actually it bores me sometimes.

Naruto is a piece a story made to children, for children and by a children xD let's put it some recognition here.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Thank you to all who voted Naruto!! I can't say this enough, but your support has really been heart warming in this event:zomg

Now, @Gryffindor, what's the best way to deal with you? :heh

Oh, I know what I'll do :3c Let's get to the good stuff then now shall we? :hip

Story Arcs
Aside from the characters who I touched in the first round, one other thing that jumps out to you the moment you read a new manga are the sagas in it. What we'd defined as a contained piece of the plot, divided into several segments all throughout the series's run. And the story pieces you reread/rewatch in the event you don't feel like reading the entire thing from scratch. One of the most commonly asked questions you ask a fan you meet of the same series as you is:

Which is your favorite story arc?

The Chuunin Exams Arc

Noteable Participants
Konoha: Uzumaki Naruto, Nara Shikamaru, Sasuke Uchiha, Hyuuga Neji, Rock Lee, Mitarashi Anko
Sunagakure: Gaara, Temari, Kankuro
Otogakure: Orochimaru, Kabuto Yakushi

My favorite arcs in manga, or fiction in general tend to be tournament based arcs (In Harry Potter my favorite book is Goblet of Fire solely due to the Triwizard Tournament). Seriously, throw in a tournament, new characters, and I'd pretty much fall in love with you anytime:blush Likewise with Naruto, the Chuunin Exams Arc is my favorite arc in Part 1 (Tied with another arc actually, but I'll get to that later;)).
What's not to love about this arc? It has some of the best moments in Naruto, hands fucking down. Even with everything that came later on in Shippiudden, this arc still managed to remain one of the best.

Synopsis
Having just shown up from the Land of Waves after their first mission, Naruto and his team find themselves suddenly caught up in an annual event in the village. An exam tournament, where all the Genin of the village get the chance to become Chuunin, the next step in becoming a full fledged shinobi. Of course, you'd think this will be like any run of the mill exam, but, think again. From the Land of Sound, Orochimaru plans on making his move in order to aim for Sasuke's body, after earlier failing to capture Itachi's body for his own nefarious purposes. From the Land of Wind, Gaara, the One Tailed Jinchuuriki, who is also a participant in the exams, is a ruthless cold blooded killer who will stop at nothing to validate his own existence. And from Konoha itself, one of the participants, Hyuuga Neji, has bad blood between the main branch and his own house. With INCREDIBLE new abilities, brilliant fights, and also amazing emotional moments, this arc provides some of the best shonen moments in history, period.

The Sasuke Retrieval Arc

Participants

Konohagakure: Uzumaki Naruto, Hyuuga Neji, Nara Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Inuzuka Kiba, Akimichi Chouji
Otogakure: The Sound Four
Sunagakure: Gaara, Temari, Kankuro

This....fucking...arc :wtf:wtf:wtf
I can't decide which arc I like between this one and the Chuunin Exams Arc more. Seriously, they're both THAT good,

Synopsis
But this arc.....I've rewatched it 3 times already. My second favorite arcs in general in fiction tend to be arcs revolving around a rescue mission of sorts, or simple infiltration(My favorite arc in One Piece to date is the Impel Down arc for this exact reason). The Sasuke Retrieval Arc is this arc in a nutshell. One of the appeals in this arc is in the fact that characters who were previously at each other's throats, have to work together in order to retrieve a rogue Uchiha Sasuke,who had finally given in to the desire for power he had received from Orochimaru in the Chuunin Exams Arc.The result?
We get some of the best, absolutely spine chilling battles in this story, rivalling even those of the Chuunin Exams, now, keep in mind that these opponents (The Sound Four) are all Jounin level, while Naruto and his team are all Genin and Chuunin level. High stakes battle or what? ;)
And to make things even juicier? These guys join in the fun :datass:

How fucking awesome is that? Yesterday's enemies are really today's friends :blush The pay off too, we get what is quite possibly the best fight in Part 1 of the series
:

Bonus (For You @Jammin :hurr):
:waah:waah
These 2 are my favorite arcs in Part 1 Naruto, so I figured why not fanboy over them a little :gaw
I'll make more posts later on, stay tuned :zomg

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
My revenge for Tokyo Ghoul has not gone.

Voting Gintama.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

[TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
[/TD]​
[TR][TD="auto;border-width: 0px;"]
Gryffindor
[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;font-size: 0!important;"]-[/TD][TD="auto%;border-width: 0px;"]
Emperor Spriggan
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
Gintama
[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: middle;border-width: 0px;"]
Nomination
[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
Naruto
Kenshin, Mahoutsukai
Wins against
Tokyo Ghoul, Berserk
Images used
Low
Saltiness
Low
[/TD][/TR]​

They are low on salt, want to help them out??

Next opponent: One Piece or One-Punch Man

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
My boy Gryff, need help? :dankpepe

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Story Arcs
Part 2

I tackled my favorite arcs in Part 1 in my post above, so in this one, I'll tackle my favorites in Naruto Shippudden, the second part of the story. To me, this is the part of the story that has the best arcs in it, since most of them involve the Akatsuki, probably the greatest group of villains in the series. So it goes without saying that my favorite arc in Part 2 of the series is:

The Invasion of Pain Arc

Noteable Participants

Konoha: Uzumaki Naruto, Hatake Kakashi, Tsunade, Hyuuga Hinata, Sarutobi Konohamaru
Akatsuki: Pain, Konan
Mount Myoboku: Gamabunta, Gamaken, Gamatatsu, Fukasaku, Shima

This story arc
This is Naruto, at it's best, hands fucking down. Even the Chuunin Exams Arc and the Sasuke Retrieval Arc don't compare to this arc, because literally everything in this arc is 10/10 (Minus a small part, but I'll get to that later on:p).

Synopsis
Ever since Itachi and Kisame paid Konoha a visit in Part 1 of the story, and failed to capture Naruto due to Jiraiya's intervention, you'd think Naruto was going to be untouchable to the rest of the Akatsuki members from that point on. Think again :hip Following Itachi and Jiraiya's deaths in the previous story arc (Something I'll touch on later), the task of capturing the Nine Tails falls onto the Akatsuki leader, Pain, the same person who killed Jiraiya, Naruto's mentor:
Tobi, having already expected Itachi to die at the hands of his little brother, Sasuke, passes the task onto Pain, since without Itachi in the picture, they have no more reason to hold back on attacking Konoha. The result? Pain launches a full out attack on Konoha, in search of Naruto:
Pain and Konan alone, were able to wreck and cause Havoc inside the hidden leaf, something that didn't happen before in the series. The panic, sense of danger and loss was well done. Pain's strong belief, and determination, to make others understand his message, to feel his Pain. Going as far as blowing up the whole village, after Tsunade confronted him. After all hope is last, Naruto appears, in what was a badass entrance. I especially loved how Naruto remained calm and composed, as a testament of his mental growth. Using the intel gathered from everyone and Jiraiya, to try and defeat Pain. I honestly loved the dialogue between Pain and Naruto more than the action itself. Because Naruto confrontation with Pain, was very much a personal one, Pain is the guy that killed his teacher, Kakashi, and destroyed his village. It was a pivotal moment that changed Naruto, his understanding, his will, resolve, and ideal and the whole series. The clashing of their ideals, pasts, relations to each other, etc was a sight to be hold. Never felt more intense reading anything as much as that.
''You and I are no different. We are both working for our own justice. The justice I have meted out against Konoha, is exactly the same as you are trying to meted out against me. Everyone feels the pain of loss the same. We both know that pain. You are working for your justice and I for mine.''

''Do you understand Pain a little now? If you don't share someone's pain, you can never understand them. But just because you understand them doesn't mean you can come to an agreement.''

It's was the first time that Naruto didn't have an answer to someone. To Pain's question to stop the cycle of hatred, a real answer to peace. Seeing Naruto completely helpless both in power, and psychologically. Then giving in, and using the nine tails powers. Then for the first time meeting his father, which helped restore his resolve.

And the cheery on the top was Naruto finally getting acknowledged by the village, and celebrated as a hero. Something that he had strived for his whole life, he had finally attained it. God that was just brilliantly done.
You can also listen to it with some sweet music in the background ;)

All in all, this is Naruto at its prime. :hip Invasion of Pain, is some the best written fiction that I've ever read.A Complex arc, with a lot of meaning full layers to it, nice build up for Pain, when Jiraiya met him, brilliant style of story telling, substantial mental growth for the protagonist and many pivotal moments for the main characters, and the series, and featured one of the best plot twists I've ever seen. Basically the highlight of the whole series imo.
I was initially going to include 2 arcs in this post, but the Pain arc just has so many good things you can discuss about it, so this ended up longer than expected :XD
Stay tuned for the next arc analysis, which is my second favorite story arc in Shippudden :p

Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Hard decisions. Naruto a manga that I bought (immensely enjoyed at the beginning) but eventually dropped or Gintama (which I never saw anime or read manga). Leaning toward Naruto...

Let me look at the contenders..... Zeref vs Jellal.... the battle Mashima never gave us? Not sure :hmm about this either. Like both....

@Gryffindor (my homie) vs @Emperor Spriggan (and our 2 year otp status). I know the choice I should pick :3c

@Emperor Spriggan what are you going to give me to vote your way?

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bonus (For You @Jammin :hurr):

A valiant effort. Unfortunately, when I was searching for Okita death scene I ended up browsing a whole bunch of Gintama anime clips last night.

Sorry, Spriggan Gintama +1
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I also watched this entire thing.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
A valiant effort. Unfortunately, when I was searching for Okita death scene I ended up browsing a whole bunch of Gintama anime clips last night.

Sorry, Spriggan Gintama +1
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I also watched this entire thing.

@Gryffindor (my homie) vs @Emperor Spriggan (and our 2 year otp status). I know the choice I should pick :3c

@Emperor Spriggan what are you going to give me to vote your way?
NaLu images? :heh
But on a more serious note :XD, just pick which one appeals to you more:p
This is me vs Gryff btw :derp

Status
Not open for further replies.