Round of 16 - Natsu vs Larcade | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Natsu vs Larcade

Which Dragneel wins?

• Natsu

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • Larcade

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
oh my god natsulucy. try killing someone's pet and expecting no reaction from them is sth unfathomable. i just dont get your way of thinking smh. Nothing is said about rip not affecting acno plus zeref knows acno wont show his human form to 'insects' most probably larcade is prepared to take on dragon acno, weither its possible or not is out of the question. natsu stormed in sabertooth and starting challenging jiemma, why dont you post that video too so you can see the difference in their power. feelings, yes thats what minerva said was missing in sting when he fought natsu, but what we saw in that video was sting's true power. Imagine sting trained for 7 years while natsu was sleeping in tenrou. we saw quite a difference in natsu's power for a year of training. multiply it by 8 and that should roughly be the difference between the true strength of gmg natsu and gmg sting. and dont forget sting never used df on demon jiemma neither did rogue......

and for your earlier post, have you forgot that partial end was fighting severely injured gray????? so natsu has etherious
Well it's clear Jiemma was not prepared for Sting to attack him.That's why he was shocked when Sting attacked him and cursed Sting saying that they will not be able to escape with that.It very well portrays he was completely taken off-guarded by Sting.You will not find a single panel where Jiemma had seen Sting attacking him until he was pierced.

Sure Natsu didn't defeat Jiemma but Natsu also didn't pierce Jiemma when he was off-guard like this.We have already seen how a weak mage like Angel one shotted Jura who was taken by surprise and the same Jura easily defeated Brain who was much superior to Angel.

Even if Sting and Rogue didn't use DF they gave all out.That's why after defeating Jiemma they fell and could not help Natsu and Gray.Whenever a DS uses DF they have a huge amount of power left to enter their mode.No DS could enter DF when they were exhausted.

Even if END has EF it doesn't mean Larcade will have,neither Deliora nor Nemesis had Etherious forms.Hiro showed every Spriggan 's second form if they had-August,Irene,Dimaria,Wahl and Bloodman and to some extent God Serena(his DS lacrima's).Why will he only make an exception if he really had.Canonically Larcade doesn't have EF.

Nothing is said about rip not affecting acno
When did i say this?As far as i remember i never made a post like this.I said RIP may not work on Igneel not Acnologia.Larcade himself mentioned humans can't resist their emotions not even Acnologia so R.I.P. is the ultimate weapon to defeat Acnologia.Zeref and Irene know Acnologia was originally a human.And also Zeref met Acnologia human form.He can very well tell Larcade about Acnologia's human form.That is also why August,God Serena and Jacob were not surprised when Acnologia appeared in front of them.Oh wait Acnologia showed his human forms to insects.Right?

He also appeared in his human form in front of Irene,Wendy and Erza.And he even talked to them-destroying his previous refusal to talk to an insect.

Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
@natsulucy Even if Larcade has an Etherious form Natsu would still one shot him, No point in arguing plus there is no feat of Larcade going Etherious so it ain't a thing.

Hunger

Sting and co were eating eachother. Since this is 1 vs 1, Natsu won't find a better meal than Larcade himself

Pleasure

Since Natsu is a virgin, It won't affect him

RIP

It's not like the victim can sleep instantly. Natsu didn't fall asleep at once and he punched himself to concentrate.

Natsu still win. Actually if he activated DF at start, Larcade is finished. No way he has better hit point than FH Zeref who got vaporized.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please could you not use so many >? It makes it tough to understand what you're saying since there's no consistency. Not to mention it makes your arguments look ridiculous. Also, what has Natsu done to show that his base attacks with no fire is better than Kagura's slashes, which have been shown to easily cut a hill in half?

As for Demo-Fist >>>> WSD Silk, I'd gauge them around the same level. The best feat Demo Fist has to my memory (which could admittedly be wrong) is taking out Jacob. A defenseless Jacob caught in the air who had already taken a fair few hits in his fight with NaLu. On the other hand, WSD Silk downed Larcade who had already taken a barrage of attacks from base Sting and WSDM Sting. They should at least be somewhat within the same realm of power. And that's if we're assuming Jacob's and Larcade's durability is similar, and not thinking that Larcade's durability is better. It's because of this that I just don't see Natsu instantly vaporizing Larcade with an FDKM attack since of all the attacks Larcade endured prior to WSD Silk were endured with relative ease.

And Kagura was fodder to Larcade. My point is that Larcade has evidence to show that he can block pretty impressive attacks with ease.

The light blades don't need to damage him so long as they provide a distraction, at which point Larcade can catch Natsu off-guard via Pleasure Tentacles. Also Natsu only took punches from Zeref, the second Zeref used a spell (a nameless one at that) he couldn't do anything and was forced to enter Dragon Force.

First off, why are you bringing in GMG feats? We're talking about these characters in the Alvarez arc where it's clear they have both improved, hence Holy Nova going from getting blocked by base Natsu to blasting back a Spriggan who can stop a sword that causes immense damage with two fingers.

"Larcade got his butt whooped"... were we reading the same fight? Sting was constantly on the ropes after Larcade used Hunger, either receiving outside help when he needed it or getting damaged by Larcade. On top of this, I think you're ignoring the fact that Sting was immune to Larcade's (arguably) strongest hax and his light blades, which is the sole reason he wasn't on the ropes from the start.

Standing up ≠ Not being on the verge of sleep.

And no, I don't think half-dead Larcade can take a decent attack from Natsu, but the catch is that Natsu couldn't throw out an attack like that. This may be a guy who two-shotted a Spriggan, but we have canon evidence that shows he has to bash his own face in to resist RIP.
As Larcade himself pointed out, Natsu was left flustered and open to attacks.

And if we want to be objective here, it doesn't even matter if half-dead Larcade can't tank an FDKM attack since we're not talking about Natsu vs half-dead Larcade, we're talking about how a fresh Larcade would fair.

Mate... when did Zeref use anything remotely similar to this:
Against Natsu?

Larcade was no threat to Natsu? Is leaving someone on verge of unconsciousness not threatening to you?

That sweet exaggeration.

Joking aside, Larcade's got plenty more feats than trashing Kagura, such as flooring the like of Laxus and Gildarts via Pleasure, not to mention his ability to sap strength via Hunger.

"Easily dodgeable"

Yes, easily dodgeable... which is why everyone that Larcade used tentacles against failed to dodge them. Keep in mind that Kagura was caught despite the fact that she earlier reacted to DiMaria's sneak attack from behind.

As for Natsu blitzing.... has he actually blitzed anyone but fodder in this arc? Genuine question, because I don't remember any instances of him doing that outside of his "fight" with fodder when he was helping LS.

Sting's advantage was a minimal nuisance? If being immune to one of Larcade's hax and his only non-hax move is a minimal nuisance to you, I don't know what to say.

Not seeing how it's only going to stumble him for a couple of seconds when RIP alone had him punching his own face in an attempt to stay awake. Add in Pleasure and Hunger and he's going to have his hands full.

That lowballing though, I guess IgNatsu is pathetic since Happy managed to drag him back.

Again, really not seeing how Larcade's hax is "utterly useless" when Natsu isn't immune to it in the slightest.

"Easily countered by sheer willpower"

Which is why Natsu resorted to smashing his own face in and WSDM Sting was punching himself bloody? Right... Sting had to enter the world of shadows to sharpen his senses and even that was stated to only buy him a moment. Seriously, you're lowballing RIP to a ridiculous extent, to the point you're basically arguing with the manga.

So wait, his hype died because he's not a Dragneel? Seems legit. Zeref himself said he was the secret weapon to combat Acnologia. Now obviously, Acnologia would blitz him, but he'd do that to pretty much anyone when he's serious. And really? Nothing special among the 12? Is that why he floored Gildarts and Laxus with utter ease? Is that why it took someone who is resistant to his main hax to defeat him (though tbf Gray could fit that too, only because of DeS though)? Larcade is pretty much the bane of all humans not named August, since he can even affect those stronger than him to a certain extent. Whoever wins this fight is having the fight of their life.
I use the ">>>>>>>>>>" to emphasize a point and show the difference in tier between them. It's pretty easy to understand.... The sheer difference between Natsu and Sting is a lot.

Pre-TS feats are still valid for comparison especially when Pre-TS Natsu is fodder to current Natsu so he could still replicate that feat as Stings growth is minimal compared to Natsu.

Here's a benchmark representation Base Natsu >>> DF Natsu > Mard Geer >>> LFD Natsu > Base Natsu >>> Half Power Base Natsu > DF Sting > White Drive Sting > Base Sting.

Now please tell me how Sting, who wasn't hardcore training over the year, progession is supposed to be on the same level as Natsu? Lol Sting was a joke to Natsu now he's supposed to be close to his level despite Natsu's massive jump in power that dwarfs even Laxys eho was also training hardcore? Sting is equal to Rogue who maybe on an H12. I don't see how him + Rogue who was exhausted magic is going to be enough to close to someone who puts out feats like beating an S12 with mid diff effort.

Larcade's pleasure is easily counter with minimal pain and Natsu easily just burns away the Pleasure magic.

The pleasure wave did that to Laxus and Gild and that has no effect on Natsu so again his only feat that's worth anything is null bcs it doesn't work.

Yeah standing up and easily following a conversation between Zeref and Larcade is what I put as easily staying awake. RIP couldn't even make Rogue with no magic go to sleep it's really isn't making Natsu go to sleep. One punch from Natsu would've KOed Larcade he just didn't attack bcs he was distracted by the conversation between Zeref and Larcade.

Natsu's FDKM did not only down Jacob it vaporized a lake that has mountains worth of water in it without even touching it. The energy that was produce would be massive.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I use the ">>>>>>>>>>" to emphasize a point and show the difference in tier between them. It's pretty easy to understand.... The sheer difference between Natsu and Sting is a lot.
Cheers for not using as many this time, I got that you were using them to indicate superiority but my issue was mainly to do with what each ">" represented. That's much clearer now though, so thanks again.
Pre-TS feats are still valid for comparison especially when Pre-TS Natsu is fodder to current Natsu so he could still replicate that feat as Stings growth is minimal compared to Natsu.
The thing is that practically everyone from pre-TS is fodder, with the only exceptions being maybe Mard and Hades w/Heart, and even that's likely a stretch.
Here's a benchmark representation Base Natsu >>> DF Natsu > Mard Geer >>> LFD Natsu > Base Natsu >>> Half Power Base Natsu > DF Sting > White Drive Sting > Base Sting.
I'll fully admit that in most circumstances Sting would still be taken out by Natsu with utter ease. However, Sting's victory over Larcade had three key factors that Natsu can't replicate, the first being that Sting was immune to Larcade's Pleasure + light blades. This is obviously quite a large advantage, since Larcade couldn't use his light blades to distract or harm Sting, and using his Tentacles (which might I remind you no one has dodged) was fruitless since Sting could easily eat them. The second factor is how insane Sting's Dual Mode Dragon Force was in terms of power. Every time a Slayer has gained a dual mode, it's skyrocketed their strength, just look at Team Natsu vs Hades and Gajeel vs Possessed Rogue. Natsu went from getting completely overwhelmed despite having help to throwing out a roar that busted through Tenrou and forced Hades to use his Devil's Eye. Then you have Gajeel, who went from getting toyed with by Possessed Rogue to chasing him down and stomping him. And not only did Sting have a drastic power up from obtaining White Shadow Dragon mode, he also had his Dragon Force amplifying him. That is a lot of extra power. The third factor that allowed Sting to beat Larcade was having the ability to enter the world of shadows, had Sting not been able to do that, he would not have been able to hold of the effects of RIP.

With all of these factors considered, we can see that Larcade was fighting a massively powerful opponent who had a tool kit that was perfect to counter him. In this scenario however, Natsu has none of these luxuries.
Now please tell me how Sting, who wasn't hardcore training over the year, progession is supposed to be on the same level as Natsu?
I never said his progression was anywhere near as drastic as Natsu's, where are you getting that from? :confused::confused::confused:

All I said was that Sting has obviously progressed a fair amount himself, since his Holy Nova went from getting blocked to blasting someone back.
Lol Sting was a joke to Natsu now he's supposed to be close to his level despite Natsu's massive jump in power that dwarfs even Laxys eho was also training hardcore? Sting is equal to Rogue who maybe on an H12. I don't see how him + Rogue who was exhausted magic is going to be enough to close to someone who puts out feats like beating an S12 with mid diff effort.
As I pointed out above, Sting was massively amped against Larcade and had a tool kit that was a perfect counter to Larcade's hax, a luxury Natsu doesn't have. Also, Natsu mid-diffing an S12 isn't exactly amazing when Larcade can stomp/low-diff most of his comrades (the ones not named August and Irene, and maybe Wahl/Bradman (Wahl's a Machias and Bradman has DeS)).
Larcade's pleasure is easily counter with minimal pain and Natsu easily just burns away the Pleasure magic.
"Just burns it away"
Whilst he's trying not to cream himself to death? Even if that works, what is he going to do when his energy is sapped by Hunger? What is he going to do when Larcade uses RIP?
The pleasure wave did that to Laxus and Gild and that has no effect on Natsu so again his only feat that's worth anything is null bcs it doesn't work.
But if Larcade even makes contact with Natsu using his Tentacles, Natsu will have experienced Pleasure. Which in turn will mean he can be affected by Larcade's Pleasure wave. And even if that somehow doesn't work, Natsu still has to deal with Hunger and RIP.
Yeah standing up and easily following a conversation between Zeref and Larcade is what I put as easily staying awake. RIP couldn't even make Rogue with no magic go to sleep it's really isn't making Natsu go to sleep. One punch from Natsu would've KOed Larcade he just didn't attack bcs he was distracted by the conversation between Zeref and Larcade.
Question: How is Natsu one-shotting Larcade when he's struggling to stay conscious? We've already got canon evidence that shows how much RIP/Slumber affected Natsu:

Natsu was left having to beat himself in the face to stay awake. Following a conversation doesn't take that much thought, I shouldn't be having to try and convince you about this. At this point you're essentially saying that because Natsu could stay on his feet and follow a basic conversation he can one-shot an opponent.... does that seem like a logical argument? Larcade even says that he's vulnerable, you're basically arguing with canon here.

Also, lowballing RIP by saying it couldn't put Rogue to sleep is a pretty poor argument considering that everyone he's used it on have exhibited similar signs. While we don't have specific evidence I'm starting to think RIP works on a timer. Think about it, everyone who was affected by it has been affected in the same way, Sting and Natsu both even tried similar methods to stay awake. Even difference in condition doesn't seem to matter, Rogue looked just as tired as Sting and Natsu despite being magically exhausted and yet he didn't fall asleep before them.
Natsu's FDKM did not only down Jacob it vaporized a lake that has mountains worth of water in it without even touching it. The energy that was produce would be massive.
But that energy is pretty much wasted since it isn't focused towards whoever he is fighting. Don't get me wrong, as far as raw MP showings go it is very impressive, but it's not really of any consequence in a fight.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Natsu was able to fight even Zeref who is stronger than August... no doubt Larcade is strong yes hes good match for Jellal

Natsu---->August... August even stated that Larcade magic is lame and dont say August is freaking virgin:derp:derp

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I still wanna see if healthy Larcade can affect healthy Natsu with RIP spell. Natsu was being affected, but Larcade probably didn't try to put him to sleep as much as he wanted to weaken him and open him up for a powerful attack from Zeref. If he can put Natsu to sleep, then Natsu's in big trouble. Similarly, if Natsu can resist the spell to a degree, then Larcade's gonna have to go for something else.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Been a while.

My stance of Larcade taking this one remains, I remain unconvinced that Natsu can withstand any of Larcade's magics long or well-enough to do anything.

Tentacles.
Natsu burned down Zeref's magic which is >>>> Larcades tentacles

Natsu will burn them and oneshot him with ease.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Well it's clear Jiemma was not prepared for Sting to attack him.That's why he was shocked when Sting attacked him and cursed Sting saying that they will not be able to escape with that.It very well portrays he was completely taken off-guarded by Sting.You will not find a single panel where Jiemma had seen Sting attacking him until he was pierced.

Sure Natsu didn't defeat Jiemma but Natsu also didn't pierce Jiemma when he was off-guard like this.We have already seen how a weak mage like Angel one shotted Jura who was taken by surprise and the same Jura easily defeated Brain who was much superior to Angel.

Even if Sting and Rogue didn't use DF they gave all out.That's why after defeating Jiemma they fell and could not help Natsu and Gray.Whenever a DS uses DF they have a huge amount of power left to enter their mode.No DS could enter DF when they were exhausted.

Even if END has EF it doesn't mean Larcade will have,neither Deliora nor Nemesis had Etherious forms.Hiro showed every Spriggan 's second form if they had-August,Irene,Dimaria,Wahl and Bloodman and to some extent God Serena(his DS lacrima's).Why will he only make an exception if he really had.Canonically Larcade doesn't have EF.

When did i say this?As far as i remember i never made a post like this.I said RIP may not work on Igneel not Acnologia.Larcade himself mentioned humans can't resist their emotions not even Acnologia so R.I.P. is the ultimate weapon to defeat Acnologia.Zeref and Irene know Acnologia was originally a human.And also Zeref met Acnologia human form.He can very well tell Larcade about Acnologia's human form.That is also why August,God Serena and Jacob were not surprised when Acnologia appeared in front of them.Oh wait Acnologia showed his human forms to insects.Right?

He also appeared in his human form in front of Irene,Wendy and Erza.And he even talked to them-destroying his previous refusal to talk to an insect.
Insects were in his earlier place. plus who started the conversation with acno?????? he strted with none. it was zeref irene and erza who started barking at him..... and who stated that deliora does not have etherious form??? as i remember mashima never said that. all etherious have etherious form and the nine demon gates are the best example. give me proof that deliora has no ef, then why even bother labelling him as one????? of course sting and base didnt enter df, are you even reading my posts or not??? they were fighting at base together and they defeated him without df, where does natsu stand when he cant even wreck base jiemma????? wow i didnt know ds couldnt enter df when they were exhausted and i do wonder who entered df against zeref few chapters ago.... whatever you may say about natsu against jiemma, i need you to prove your facts, show the video. sting have proof his feats when he is fired up against jiemma, and that was just a regular punch, not even a slayer spell. try killing someone pet and expecting them not to react clearly shows that the person has a mental problem. its common sense. i gotts say jiemma knew this was gonna happen. face it if one year training can do wonders imagine it for 7 years. the only thing is they are underrated. and i will go no furhter than this since this is off topic. and about rip not affecting igneel, if it can effect acno, no doubt a fodder dragon compared to him can also be affected by it.....

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Insects were in his earlier place. plus who started the conversation with acno?????? he strted with none. it was zeref irene and erza who started barking at him..... and who stated that deliora does not have etherious form??? as i remember mashima never said that. all etherious have etherious form and the nine demon gates are the best example. give me proof that deliora has no ef, then why even bother labelling him as one????? of course sting and base didnt enter df, are you even reading my posts or not??? they were fighting at base together and they defeated him without df, where does natsu stand when he cant even wreck base jiemma????? wow i didnt know ds couldnt enter df when they were exhausted and i do wonder who entered df against zeref few chapters ago.... whatever you may say about natsu against jiemma, i need you to prove your facts, show the video. sting have proof his feats when he is fired up against jiemma, and that was just a regular punch, not even a slayer spell. try killing someone pet and expecting them not to react clearly shows that the person has a mental problem. its common sense. i gotts say jiemma knew this was gonna happen. face it if one year training can do wonders imagine it for 7 years. the only thing is they are underrated. and i will go no furhter than this since this is off topic. and about rip not affecting igneel, if it can effect acno, no doubt a fodder dragon compared to him can also be affected by it.....
Wow did you forget Acnologia started the conversation with God Serena calling ,"I smell a Dragon".Or did you forget that Wendy tried to talk Acnologia in Tenrou but he didn't reply and Zeref said he doesn't talk to insects.But now even when Erza asked him to stop he not only talked with them casually but even commented on the smell similarity between Irene and Erza.And the original point was whether Larcade knew about Acnologia's human form which he should know from Zeref and Irene.

Deliora's one and only form is that giant form.You cannot show me a proof that Larcade has Etherious form otherwise Hiro would have shown it.

Or did you read my post?I seriously doubt that otherwise in your previous post you would not have posted that i said R.I.P. will not work on Acnologia.But anyway the matter of fact is i read the Manga and Anime where i saw Sting and Rogue falling exhausted after defeating Jiemma.And from the Manga i always read that an exhausted DS cannot enter DF because they have not enough M.P.And no Natsu was not in exhausted state against Zeref.He became exhausted after using all his M.P. in the attack against Zeref.

So according to you Jiemna knew Sting was going to attack him,right and even allowed him to pierce himself.I wonder why he was surprised and shocked after this.And as i said you will not find and be able to show me a single panel where Jiemma knew he was going to be attacked.The video also make that clear.Otherwise he would not be shocked after he was attacked.He thought Sting will not dare to do anything to him and will cower before him.

If he knew Sting was going to attack him then he would have prepared to defend or attack him first.But he was talking and talking and was cut mid sentence.He will not do like this if he knew Sting was going to attack unless he had suicide wishes.The way he was talking clearly shows that he was caught unaware.

Yeah that's right 7 yrs training can make someone grow a monster but only for Fairytail.Jura trained for 7 years but couldn't surpass GOI while Laxus with only 3 months training defeated Jura and with 1 years training became powerful enough to kill a Spriggan.While Jura was training hard after being defeated by Laxus(in one chapter cover it was revealed) still couldn't improve.And where in the Manga was it stated that Sting trained continously for 7 years?

I wonder if you read that chapter where it was mentioned that after Irene became a Dragon she lost her ability to sleep.So it's natural that Dragon's don't sleep.And R.I.P. will not work on someone who have never slept in his life.And basically you are ignoring the fact that Larcade himself said R.I.P. will work on Acnologia because he is originally a human and therefore slept.

Add i am going to sleep now.So will not be able reply before the thread gets closed.

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Guys, why are you thinking that Natsu is a virgin and lacarde's pleasure doesn't work on him?? Where in manga confirm it?

Enima

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Guys, why are you thinking that Natsu is a virgin and lacarde's pleasure doesn't work on him?? Where in manga confirm it?
I'm 99% sure natsu is virgin. Think about it, imagine a guy like Natsu in real life.

And for that reason I'm gonna say Natsu wins this:cheez

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I'm 99% sure natsu is virgin. Think about it, imagine a guy like Natsu in real life.

And for that reason I'm gonna say Natsu wins this:cheez
I didn't say he is not a virgin, but there is no proof:3c

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:

As scheduled, the discussion for Natsu vs Larcade is closed. However, you still can vote until tomorrow (Thursday; May 18th 2017 at 12 PM GMT). Thank you for your participation!~ DiMaria Yesta

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
HERE ARE THE RESULTS!

Natsu Dragneel

Larcade Dragneel

42 Votes

35 Votes

Natsu progresses to the Quarterfinals!