Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 884 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Yeah think he called it something like Tempura Udon???

Whatever it was, it was King's fastest attack. But Zoro did still manage to dodge it so I think it's still easier than G4 Snakeman attack. I do think it might be faster than Snakeman but we also have to account for Snakeman attacks being like homing missiles that redirect. Much easier to dodge super fast straight attack vs slightly slower moving attack.
I think for snakeman attacks especially any Black Mamba variant you need future sight to dodge it otherwise it's pretty impossible to not get hit.

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think for snakeman attacks especially any Black Mamba variant you need future sight to dodge it otherwise it's pretty impossible to not get hit.
Yeah I'm guessing only someone like Kizaru could use raw speed to counter it. Otherwise FS is required but does beg the question if the FS will have to surpass Luffy's to be effective? Otherwise you'd think even with FS you can't dodge those attacks. Snakeman really is pretty overpowered.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Yeah I'm guessing only someone like Kizaru could use raw speed to counter it. Otherwise FS is required but does beg the question if the FS will have to surpass Luffy's to be effective? Otherwise you'd think even with FS you can't dodge those attacks. Snakeman really is pretty overpowered.
In Kat's case it was FS and raw speed. that boy was moving :hip

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Like I said. Snakeman g4 is drastically faster than regular g4. They aren't comparable
Snakesman attacks are faster because Luffy's arms are continuously gaining acceleration. But Snakesman as a whole don't seem to be faster than Boundman. With future sight, Katakuri managed to outmaneuver both of them.

Point being, the first time Luffy fought Kaido, Kaido couldn't even feels his attacks, and it wouldn't make a difference if he used Boundman or Snakesman during that moment.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How fast do you think king is? Do you think katakuri could simply keep king at bay? The most likely scenario is that king's attack mode has speed as high or higher than luffy's G4... less than that and his speed is not really significant. Let alone that we saw how the fight between luffy and katakuri played out, katakuri doesn't make any point of keeping things at mid range or longer. Katakuri is ultimately a close range brawler with supplemental long range skills.
I will use Whole Cake arc Luffy as a comparison, since he got much stronger and faster against Kaido

Katakuri relies on future sight, and he's always moving a few seconds ahead. Otherwise, when Katakuri wasn't using future sight, he couldn't keep track of Luffy's movements in Gear 4. So it seems Katakuri is nowhere as fast as Gear 4

King is faster in his "turbo" mode, but Luffy in Gear 4 "teleports" next to his target, which tells me Gear 4 is also much faster than King

So Gear 4 is much faster than both King and Katakuri, so now I have to compare both of them

King can fly at a high speed in his "turbo" mode, but that's exclusive to his flying speed. The rest of his body is not particularly fast, since Zoro had no trouble blocking his sword attacks

So I think Katakuri is a lot "faster" if you include his future sight. It should be relatively easy for Katakuri to dodge King "turbo" speed, since he's simply moving in a straight live against his target, and is not a barrage of multi-directional attacks like Snakesman. But King wouldn't be able to dodge Katakuri's own barrage of attacks at close combat

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure that king can fly in turbo mode. Iirc he couldn't fly in his lunarian form. Were his flame a thing in dinosaur mode?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure that king can fly in turbo mode. Iirc he couldn't fly in his lunarian form. Were his flame a thing in dinosaur mode?
Zoro implied that King's Lunarian wings were mostly for show and not for flight and that seems to hold up with both King and the Seraphim so far. Plus, the Lunarians seem to be similar to Birkins and Shandians, who also just had aesthetic wings.

King blocked Zoro's Tatsumaki in his Pteradactyl form with his flames on.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
In Kat's case it was FS and raw speed. that boy was moving :hip
That episode where he was dodging black mamba was pretty insane. He was not only fast, he was a god of gymnasts with how he contorted his body.

Zoro implied that King's Lunarian wings were mostly for show and not for flight and that seems to hold up with both King and the Seraphim so far. Plus, the Lunarians seem to be similar to Birkins and Shandians, who also just had aesthetic wings.

King blocked Zoro's Tatsumaki in his Pteradactyl form with his flames on.
Flightless angels that lived high on up in the sky. It does sound like the Skypeans who also couldn't fly with their wings. Although King unlike all of them had wings that were proportional to his body. Feels like a waste if those wings don't actually do anything.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
The exact Translation is “His Wings Move so I know they are not ornamental; But I can’t be sure if he uses them to fly”

In the anime they are shown flapping with him flying.
In the Manga closes thing he does to flying is when he disappears mid-air to kick Zoro & Zoro counters with Bird Dance.

King does majority of his flying in his Zoan form. Yes he can fly in Turbo mode…

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
That episode where he was dodging black mamba was pretty insane. He was not only fast, he was a god of gymnasts with how he contorted his body.
Then he hit that boy with the footwhip, beautiful work on his part honestly.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The exact Translation is “His Wings Move so I know they are not ornamental; But I can’t be sure if he uses them to fly”

In the anime they are shown flapping with him flying.
In the Manga closes thing he does to flying is when he disappears mid-air to kick Zoro & Zoro counters with Bird Dance.

King does majority of his flying in his Zoan form. Yes he can fly in Turbo mode…
King does fly without his Devil Fruit:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
King does fly without his Devil Fruit:

I didn’t doubt that he can or did. I just wanted to be sure.

The Agenda/Debate/Perspective around Katakuri…Snakeman/Black Mamba, ACoO & speed is rising again…We know where this is going…As Someone already brought up King

Given that I’m not a biased I did my due diligence to make sure King does/can fly outside of his Zoan form.

The Anime scene I was talking about is your 1st scan….Your 2nd scan I wouldn’t consider that flying, more like he jumped at Marco…..King flies around predominantly in Zoan form. Even for his last attack he hops off a rock, flies away in Zoan form to go back into human form…So yes Lunarians can fly, King’s best flying feat in base is when he disappears midair to kick Zoro.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone fill me in?

Why is King's ability to fly outside of his Zoan form important?

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone fill me in?

Why is King's ability to fly outside of his Zoan form important?
View media item 28824

On separate note anime G5 Luffy v Lucci was pretty solid and definitely shows a decent gap between them in their fight. The next new episode will solidify it.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even the zoro boys claim gear 5 luffy use adcoc against base lucci🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

G5 >> EVERYONE. LUFFY IS THE CURRENT STRONGEST CREATURE. NUFF SAID.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuck do I feel bad for the people that don't find G5 animation amazing because gawd damn Toei

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
It's only gotten better. I had real problems with some of the G5 scenes in Wano being hectic to the point of unreadable (the boro blast reflection comes to mind), but they've seem to have found a really good balance in Egghead.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
I honestly don't know how you beat G5 if Oda doesn't apply time limit nonsense

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do think the Egghead animation is more streamlined with G5. They aren't adding as many flashing lights and other distractions that obstruct things. Hopefully they stick to this since formula for the rest of this fight and use it for the Kizaru fight too. I'd hate for old habits to return as they get into the more serious fights in Egghead.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
You punch him really really hard.
Idk how much harder you can hit someone if Kaido is our benchmark, that boy was tanking all sorts of baguas.