Movies - Oscar's Contest 2022 | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies Oscar's Contest 2022

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Trying to forget the on-stage drama and focus the drama on the screen, let's just say that now a lot of people will learn after googling what CODA stands for, and that is a good thing. A safe film might have won the biggest award, but one with good intentions and warm heart. I'm very tired, and I really hope I counted these right. I'll link the sheet at the end of the post, so anyone can re-check.

Now let's see who won our Oscar!

🥉 At 3rd place with 17 points - was me, Riku. 🥉

🥈 At shared 2nd place with 18 points are @Organizized @goldb and @PhillyG 🥈

Congratulations, well done, but just not quite well enough. The second place could have gone to user @phipps13 with 19 points, but since that nick doesn't exist, too bad. (Contact me, Riku, if you have have misspelt your nick or something and I just didn't find it)

But now a reveal, that for me is the real best part of this years Oscars. After so many close calls this mysterious DiCaprio of Mangahelpers finally takes the prize that is much deserved and has been a long time coming. Dear people,

🥇
The 1st place with 20 points goes to the one and only, the legend @George Monkey
🥇

Congratulations!

The point score is shared with user @Dnanni1, but since that is once again a non-nick, it is ignore (contact me, Riku, if there has been a mistake of some sorts)

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
That must be staged otherwise it's just assault. Like who cares if its your wife or if she doesn't like the joke. Absolute moron.

I am leaning to it being staged though, that was a wild mood swing.
Can't be staged. They don't do f-bombs, not matter. The reactions were also genuine, if that was fake, then this is the real performance that should be awarded for acting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Buffer please.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
He went from laughing to angry tears in seconds. Not even Kanye mood swings that fast. There had to be some acting involved (maybe not for us but for Jada lol).

If its not a bit though, it's such a bad look. Can't be assaulting people on TV over a joke.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Imperium

There's intermission footage of Denzel and Tyler Perry (I think) trying to calm him down right after, and then a bit as well where his publicist came to his side.

If it was staged there's no way they'd go the whole show without addressing it. Hell, even throw it in in his acceptance speech; "oh by the way-"...

That was completely unhinged tbh and it caught me so off guard (happened to see it live) that I kinda lost track of everything else until the end of the ceremony.

So extremely weird and uncanny.

I'd be very surprised if he still has his Oscar tomorrow. No way IMO they should let him keep it.

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Yea you guys are probably right.

I did enjoy how he kinda outsourced the blame to the devil though with that Denzel quote. The poor guy is chilling in hell wondering how he got dragged into it.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Monkey-chan finally takes it. :zomg Congratuwelldone! Truly an overdue legend finally getting his due!

Thanks for hosting, @Riku!

Last edited:

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Congratz, that was fun, see you next year.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Man.... What did I just wake up to?

First of all I did not get up to pee, so I missed all the drama, but congrats @George Monkey.

Secondly all I've seen from the awards show is about Will Smith and Chris Rock...I need to watch the unedited version because this sounds insane.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Secondly all I've seen from the awards show is about Will Smith and Chris Rock...I need to watch the unedited version because this sounds insane.
Just watched it. He went up there to smack him, then he was shouting slurs like an ape. Utterly disgusting.

Followed by a Oscar acceptance speech about family values. :barf

That must be staged otherwise it's just assault. Like who cares if its your wife or if she doesn't like the joke. Absolute moron.

I am leaning to it being staged though, that was a wild mood swing.
He just smacked a comedian because he didn't like a joke about his family's over dramatic and publicly lived life. So yuck. WTF

He better be cancelled now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Uncomfortable masterclass in demonstration of toxic masculinity and fragile ego. Just disgusting

omg, the joke wasn't even about her cheating but her stylistic choice, a bald joke LMAO

the more I learn about it the worse it gets

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
omg, the joke wasn't even about her cheating but her stylistic choice, a bald joke LMAO
Not really a choice. She has alopecia, auto-immune disease that causes hair loss. That's why Rocks joke wasn't really sensitive.

Still not an excuse to hit anyone sure. But I can understand that it felt bad.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Not really a choice. She has alopecia, auto-immune disease that causes hair loss. That's why Rocks joke wasn't really sensitive.
I learned that after making the comment. Though arguably still a stylistic choice as she could have worn a wig, like so many other people affected by this conditions do. She is obviously a confident woman who is rocking a shaved head, who can choose to fight her own battles if she feels the need to.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah, gotta agree that this assault was also an example of the very dated idea of men needing to protect their women with fists.

Smith should have just not reacted at all. Or should have taken the mic to say that wasn't funny. There definetly would have also been opportunities to give an interview on the matter later. The fact that he didnt apologize to Rock in the speech was a horrid mistake.

I bet indeed he is gonna lose the Award within a week.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Can we get a voting in the thread on that please :amuse

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Can we get a voting in the thread on that please :amuse
I get this is juicy and worth talking, but I'd rather have this be more about the films and less about anger management issues of A-list celebrities.

That said, taking this scene in the consideration, I think it would have been more fitting and topical if Power of Dog won. That film is about toxic masculinity just like this.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I actually started watching it yesterday. But it's kinda like slow and with time change and birthday hangover, I fell asleep after 20 minutes :D

Might watch it today again

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It's a slow burner definetly. They joked about that in the gala as well. I think it's worth it though, the slow pace builds out to a very disturbing athmosphere that really supports the point of the story and leaves audience thinking who or rather what was the true villain of the story.

One thing that was an absolute joke was the audience vote awards - the Cheer Moment of All Time and Favorite Film of 2021. Winners of were "The Flash enters the Speed Force" and Army of the Dead. Both creations of Zack Snyder.

Basically Snyder cultists just had the most effective voting campaign organized in their respective fandom.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
One thing that was an absolute joke was the audience vote awards - the Cheer Moment of All Time and Favorite Film of 2021. Winners of were "The Flash enters the Speed Force" and Army of the Dead. Both creations of Zack Snyder.

Basically Snyder cultists just had the most effective voting campaign organized in their respective fando
Me and Jenny were like.. Twitter is just trolling the Oscars right? :lmao

Agree The Power of the Dog would've been a good film to win after that display of two-way toxic masculinity.

And it's not even that slow imo, idk why both the hosts and the Swedish commentator kept focusing so much on that film and Drive My Car being so long and so slow moving every time they were mentioned. They're both really well put together and never felt like they dragged. Nightmare Alley felt longer longer the two of them combined.