Discussion - Re-write the Alvarez Arc | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Re-write the Alvarez Arc

Would you change the Alvarez arc?

• Not at all

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Minorly

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Moderately

Votes: 34 19.5%
  • Majorly

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • Completely

Votes: 47 27.0%

• Total voters

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fairy tail main cast + DS + Zeref vs Acnologia. Too bad Hiro was too lazy to draw this.

LordOTaco

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
@OharaLibrarian very cool I'll definitely have to check this out and give it a look through. I think up to around 499/500 the arc could have still been ok to decent but it was evident to me that by 519 he seemed in a rush to finish it up.

Schpittfeuer

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Not a fan of Tournament arcs. Plus that arc created so many plot holes Alvarez couldn't cover up
Whole FT plot is one big cluster of plot holes and powerups outta nowhere, what are specific ones in GMG arc?

I will not lie, I liked gmg

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whole FT plot is one big cluster of plot holes and powerups outta nowhere, what are specific ones in GMG arc?

I will not lie, I liked gmg
Eciples Gate. How did Future Rogue get there if it requires two mages (one on each side)? How did he tell these dragons to go through the gate? Who was on the other side of that gate. :notrust Alvarez kinda made a plot hole with Capricorn being fused before 777.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eciples Gate. How did Future Rogue get there if it requires two mages (one on each side)? How did he tell these dragons to go through the gate? Who was on the other side of that gate. :notrust Alvarez kinda made a plot hole with Capricorn being fused before 777.
You know after all this time I am still puzzled with the same question that how was F. rogue able to open the eclipse gate in the first place when he is not a celestial mage.

Last edited:

Schpittfeuer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Valid points, I guess I am to little into details xD

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You know after all this time I am still puzzled with the same question that how was F. rogue able to open the eclipse gate in the first place when he is not a celestial mage.
Yukino? However, the gate wasn't created until after the dragon war so I have no clue how they showed up. Unless he time traveled one :s

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
He probably went through after F. Lucy had opened it.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He probably went through after F. Lucy had opened it.
But how did he in the future? His timeline was different. They showed up on two different days too :s

Bishamonten

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
That would also mean everyone was dumb to think not about opening the gate when Acnologia attacked.
First, did he say he 'opened the gate' in the manga?

OharaLibrarian

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
The Alvarez Rewrite - Popularity Poll Results!
I got all the votes for the characters together in order of favorites and piled them all together in these results! A lot of interesting choices, though, to no surprise, the obvious candidate utterly dominated.

See you soon with what should be the final thread!

@Takuan @MLG Bradman @King of kings @Anti Hero 3:16 @Bishamonten @Laxus pwns natsu @kkck @rai_darkness @Valhalla777 @Jean Grey
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The Alvarez Rewrite - Final Post
Hello there! I mentioned writing a final thread about the rewrite, but with many things keeping me busy after spending so much time on the rewrite it ended up being delayed quite a lot, sorry for being late with this. But without futher ado, let's bring a close to the rewrite!

@Takuan @MLG Bradman @King of kings @Anti Hero 3:16 @Bishamonten @Laxus pwns natsu @kkck @rai_darkness @Valhalla777 @Jean Grey

P.S.: If you read One Piece, you can find my main content at https://onepiecethenewworld.wordpress.com/, where I publish most of what I do on a weekly schedule. The rewrite is over, but that content won't be stopping anytime soon, so if you read the series, give it a look!

And once again, thank you all so, so much for everything. Goodbye!

A guild is a family, do not ever forget that. This might be the end of my story... but it isn't the end of yours! All of you... be well. ~Makarov

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Thank you so much for doing this, Ohara, the re-write really was incredible and the quality of it couldn't have been any better! Hope you do achieve your pipe dream at some point, you definitely have the talent and passion for it. The bit in the afterword about you having numerous stories you want to tell has me really intrigued, because if you could fix the Alvarez arc despite being so limited I can only imagine how awesome your works would be without the limitations.

That Makarov quote at the end, man... :emocat

I do hope that everything is going well and continues to go well for you IRL, and that you come back on MH to chat from time to time.

Dunno1978

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Hmmm... @MLG Bradman, can I publish my version of Alvarez Empire Arc in a novel format? I'm not into rewriting something in a manga format, besides, I'm aspiring to be a novelist.
(EDIT: Misunderstood, Ohara-senpai isn't this thread's moderator. My apologies to both.)

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Hmmm... @MLG Bradman, can I publish my version of Alvarez Empire Arc in a novel format? I'm not into rewriting something in a manga format, besides, I'm aspiring to be a novelist.
(EDIT: Misunderstood, Ohara-senpai isn't this thread's moderator. My apologies to both.)
Absolutely no problem, feel free to make a re-write in any form you like, hope you enjoy writing it.

Also just so you know, you didn't have to ask for my permission, though I do appreciate it. :)

Dunno1978

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Thanks a bunch! Alright, I will disappear for awhile. Bye-bye!

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well well well... my few points.

1. The whole arc reason is to defeat Acno by using full END power, but for that Zeref needs to bring Natsu back to him.
2. Most of spriggans on par with GoI and Serena is a little stronger than them, but still can't deal easy 1x1, and he is on Ishgar side.
3. No Fairy Heart BS.
4. Most main cast much weaker than spriggans and GoI, and need 5-10 mages to defeat one of them.
5. Laxus is on Serena lvl but still not match for Hades.
6. Irene isn't connected with Erza, but still has her dragon backstory,
7. I like August story very much, but I had my own theory about him. He is Yuri (or some new guy, never mind), he lost his wife (or family, or ... etc) and whole life searched the way to kill Zeref, who killed his wife, even by Mavis hands. Also mastered all magic in the world without copying them.
8. Acno much weaker than he is, but still superior for 99% wizards. He is still hunting slayers.

9. Gajeel is fighting Wahl, Bixlow, Levy, Shadow Gear team and some others mages assist him. Gajeel ate his body in the end of battle, Wahl cast Etherion blast on them, Gajeel blocked it and then consuming ethernano, he unleashed DF, destroyed Wahl but died bc of much ethernano in his body.
10. Bradman fighting against Mira, Cobra, Rogue, Sting.
11. Jacob vs Minerva, Jet, Racer, Mest.
12. Brandish can't manipulate human body, fights vs Cana, Kagura, Blue Pegasus guild, Erza, Biska, Alzak.
13. Larcade has his magic and also is logia of light VS Laxus.
14. Azeel vs Max, Juvia, Elfman, Lisanna, Cerberus guild.
15. Dimaria vs Ultear, Wendy, Sheria, Orga. All 3 used 3rd origin, Wendy lost her DS magic so Acno lost interesting in her.
16. Irene vs all 9 Wizard Saints (w\o Makarov), she is playing with them but they give her good fight. Acnologia appeared and attacked Irene, they combine power to fight him.
17. Neinheart vs the rest of CS guild with Rustyrose. Nein brings half of Grimoire Herat and many other historias, Rusty creates another half.
18. All others mages fight with Obra and usual army.
19. Natsu and Gray vs Invel. Invel is much stronger and kills Gray to force Natsu to unleash his END power. Whole world is quaked.
20. August fights Zeref.

In the end, at least half of spriggans still can fight, with Ishgarians they move to Acno where he fight with Gildarts, but Irene and WS all defeated. Acno is crashing all of them and fly to Natsu, who already killed Invel. Acno tried to attack him, but Natsu stopped his attack. While Acno in the sky it is hard for Natsu to fight him, August leave Zeref for Mavis and come to help Natsu. He uses some Arc of Time type magic and revert Acno form to human and greatly lower his power then Natsu is able to beat him. When Mavis kissed Zeref - Natsu disappeared...

What a shit just I wrote?? :facepalm

So I used only fights to rewrite. I have many views about some theories, characters, etc, but that doesn't change alvarez arc, maybe one thing with Leyla, but for that I should rewrite half of the manga XD.

Last edited:

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I always felt like certain fans couldn't separate the idea of Fairy Tail needed help and them wanting to see more characters. When asses the Spriggan 12 powers and the Fairy Tail Guild power leading up to that point I would argue the fights should have been more leaning towards Fairy Tail rather than against. Like I said in a earlier post the only ones I could have seen being an issue is Irene and August. All the other Spriggan shouldn't have been nearly as hard to defeat. It all really would have come down to how Hiro mashima presented the fights really. Best outcome where a lot of characters got to shine would have been:

Azir vs Natsu/Lucy
-Lucy uses Water shield to protect against the sand and Scorpio to manipulate the sand. Natsu uses his fire and lightning to destroy the sand and hurt Azir.

Or

Azir vs Wendy/Juvia/Max
-Wendy uses Healing magic to negate Azir dehydration powers. Juvia uses rain and water to battle sand and Max uses his sand magic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invel vs Gray/Lyon
-Gray and Lyon use Ice make to remold Invel's Ice. Gray uses DeS to eat Invel's ice. Battle of the Ice mages.

Or

Invel vs Natsu
-Natsu uses his flames to burn away Invel 's Ice. Ice vs Fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nienheart vs Erza
-Erza uses Nagakami to negate Nienhearts Historias.

Or

Nienheart vs Gildarts
-Gildarts uses Crash magic to destroy Nienhearts Historias.

Or

Nienheart vs Other Guilds
-Nienheart summons the Historia's of Ishgar to battle the Fairy Tail Guilds.
Bradman vs Mirajane/Elfman
-Mirajanes uses her takeovers to battle Bradman and even tries to take him over.

Or

Bradman vs Gray
-Since Bradman is an Etherious Gray's DeS magic should be super effective against him.
Whal vs Gajeel/Bicklow/Levy
-Gajeel eats all of Whal Metal robots to empower himself. Bicklow uses his doll play to take over some of Whals robots and Levy uses her Solid script to combat some of Whal different attacks.

Or

Whal vs Erza
-Erza uses multiple armors to combat Whal different attacks. She supposedly have over 100 armors that should be enough to face off against Whal and make it interesting.
Brandish vs Makarov
-Makaorv uses his titan powers to semi negate Brandish powers while casting Fairy Law.

Or

Brandish vs Kagura/Yukino
-Kagura and Yukino use Gravity to put Brandish down. Since gravity doesn't have mass Brandish powers wouldn't be effective against it.
Dimaria vs Lucy/Ultear/Yukino
-Ultear negates Dimaria Time magic while Lucy breaks a gold key to summon the CSK. The CSK Transform Libra power into a stardress for Yukino and together the three battle Dimaria. One the battle is over Ultear uses arc of time to restore Aquarius and whatever other key she broke to full health.

Or

Dimaria vs Chelia/Orga/Ultear
-Ultear negates Dimaria's Time magic while Orga and Chelia use god Slayer magic to affect Dimaria. A unision raid betwen the two could have been fun to see.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob vs Minerva
-Minerva uses her Spacial magic to negate Jacobs transport. She uses her new Demonfication powers and war god powers to defeat him.

or

Jacob vs Lucy
-Have Horologium(Spirit+Stardress) negate Jacobs spacial magic. Have Leo negate his stealth power and a spirit combo takes him out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Larcade vs Wendy/Sting/Rogue
-Wendy uses her healing powers to negate Larcades Sleep, Hunger and lust powers. Stings eat the light from the magic and attacks Larcade. Sting and Rogue eats each other element and go dual mode enchanted by Wendy to defeat Larcade.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serena vs Laxus/Wendy/Sting/Rogue/Gajeel/Cobra
-They transfer their power over to Laxus to give him multiple elements to battle Serena with.

Heck you honestly could have did both versions with one being regular Spriggan and the other being enchanted Spriggan.

Also beyond that different fights could have set up for other big storylines within the arc:

Lucy vs Dimaria could have set up for the time lapse story line. You could have easily had Yukino give Lucy her two Zodiac keys with the CSK transferring some of his power to Lucy. The same way the 12 zodiac keys are needed to open the eclipse door you could have said the 12 zodiac keys would be needed to manipulate the time Lapse.

Gray vs Invel could have easily seen the reveal of Natsu being E.N.D to Gray and Gray transforming Invel's heavenly Ice into power to combat E.N.D with. Combing Ice DeS magic and Heavenly Ice magic into one power.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Is this dead now? Lol
Well, perhaps for now, but I'm planning on posting my more 'in-depth' re-write soon™. :teehee

All I'm gonna say is that there are major shuffles of battlefronts, which guilds go where, how many fights the Spriggans get into, how strong Spriggans are and who eventually eliminates each Spriggan (their hype as nation demolishes is going to be lived up to...). And there are going to be some permanent deaths, some of which aren't likely to be popular (this is written to end FT, no 100YQ spin off in mind).

If you want spoils, feel free to PM and I'll let you know a couple. One or two may be fake though. :3c

However I'm not planning on this to being up for at least a week or two!

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Well, perhaps for now, but I'm planning on posting my more 'in-depth' re-write soon™. :teehee

All I'm gonna say is that there are major shuffles of battlefronts, which guilds go where, how many fights the Spriggans get into, how strong Spriggans are and who eventually eliminates each Spriggan (their hype as nation demolishes is going to be lived up to...). And there are going to be some permanent deaths, some of which aren't likely to be popular (this is written to end FT, no 100YQ spin off in mind).

If you want spoils, feel free to PM and I'll let you know a couple. One or two may be fake though. :3c

However I'm not planning on this to being up for at least a week or two!
Look forward to it boi

I've recently been busy as well. Or else I would've written it here now itself (and responded to the PM)