Discussion - Road to Laugh Tale (Vol. 4 Released) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Road to Laugh Tale (Vol. 4 Released)

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
so, this will last two more weeks until the series returns, okay.

Blackbeard has a new crew member that remains a mystery, too. Wonder if, Moira joined up with him. lol.

Bandit99

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Blackbeard has a new crew member that remains a mystery, too. Wonder if, Moira joined up with him. lol.
Kuzan

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Wouldn't that be Aokiji ? I mean we know he is associated with BB, just not confirmed yet whether he serves as a division captain or not.

I thought these chapters are ok. The bit about Sabo makes it clear to me what the WG framed him with Cobra's murder. The bit that is not clear to me is whether he was arrested or not. I still think he is out there somewhere together with Vivi.

Seeing as Oda still hasn't explained what's the trick behind black blades, I assume we will get that in the future. It makes sense for me to have the explanations while Zoro is still in Wano tho.

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So many informations holy shit! Roger sword named Ace, Murakumogiri from WB... We still have Kitetsu I with a unknown wielder, we still have 3 islands (said on last week) to investigate (Vira, Elbaf and Fullalead), the mistery surrounding the last Poneglyph, the news about Sabo...
The name of Rogers' sword being Ace isn't new.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
cursed swords share the idea of curse but are made by different swordsmiths...i am thinking this because i see no link between law's sword and the three kitetsu..i strongly hope the opposite is wrong....i used to think zoro will end up carrying the three kitetsus... cursed swords are best match for king of hell...well with this chapter i wish zoro gets custom swords no one ever carried before him, he goes through the whole process of naming them, turning them black, cutting stuff known for being unbreakable..

Buulord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would not be surprised to find out that Kuzan is also in Sword too.
Agreed. Thought that was maybe what he was implying to Smoker when said to him, “I’m still me.” Or something along those lines in response to the rumors surrounding him.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
road to laughtale vol 3 hints : some infos about luffy's gear 5, sabo, and yamato 's design..

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yamato in previous designs >_>

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Dang, mini skirt yamato...

The road to laugh tale thing seems to suggest that yamato and momo's fate are intertwined? If that's the case then it sounds like yamato shouldn't leave wano. At least not yet.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States

The road to laugh tale thing seems to suggest that yamato and momo's fate are intertwined? If that's the case then it sounds like yamato shouldn't leave wano. At least not yet.
I mean, it's possible that's just concept art and/or magazine writers speculating, of course. The chapters themselves don't really feature Yamato still being keen on constantly guarding by Momo's side despite what was said before, so I'm not more keen to see that development myself.

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Interesting thing about Momo and Yamato:

Momo:
  • Born 28 years ago
  • Wants to be Shogun
  • Born at sea, but wants to reside in and rule Wano (like Kaido)
  • Mythical Dragon ability user, which is the same as Kaido
  • Ate Devil Fruit out of hunger
Yamato:
  • Born 28 years ago
  • No interest in being Shogun
  • Stuck on Wano but wants to adventure outside of Wano (like Oden)
  • Wants to become Oden

Momo doesn't want to be Kaido but accidentally became very similar to him. Yamato wants to be Oden but has to work at that resemblance. Seems like they were written with each other in mind.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States

Momo:
  • Born 28 years ago
  • Wants to be Shogun
Yamato:
  • Born 28 years ago
  • Wants to become Oden

Momo doesn't want to be Kaido but accidentally became very similar to him. Yamato wants to be Oden but has to work at that resemblance. Seems like they were written with each other in mind.
Yeah, and Momo being told about Joy Boy from Zunesha while Yamato was told about Joy Boy through the journal.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Momo:
  • Born 28 years ago
  • Wants to be Shogun
Yamato:
  • Born 28 years ago
  • Wants to become Oden

Yeah, when reading the road to laugh tale bits yamato's age stuck out a fair bit. I don't think it's a stretch their fates are intertwined. Add to that, both are some variety of dragon fruit user (technically fish and dog but both are dragons).

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, when reading the road to laugh tale bits yamato's age stuck out a fair bit. I don't think it's a stretch their fates are intertwined. Add to that, both are some variety of dragon fruit user (technically fish and dog but both are dragons).
On the other hand, Yamato could be seen as a parallel to Sanji: children treated with hostility from their warmongering dads, chaining them up and threatening them with explosives

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Started reading it. At Volume 2.

So Meitos aren't necessarily swords or even bladed weapons since Kaidou's mace counts as one(although ungraded). It's kinda weird.

I wonder if Oda has more in store for Shiki. He is always mentioned and hyped in these books but he lost to Luffy in a movie when the latter wasn't that great. There are no canon movies in One Piece, right?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No confirmation that Kaidou or Big Mom have Awakenings. Nothing on Chopper's Monster Point even. What is this...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And pretty much all these Yamato concepts seem better than what we got.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
And pretty much all these Yamato concepts seem better than what we got.
She openly opposed Kaido since she was a small child and got beating after beating after beating from him and grew up alone surrounded by his crew. We even saw he put someone to death who helped her out by giving her food and a blanket.

Her existence was hell and she didn’t deviate from her moral compass and still routinely stood up to Kaido with zero help in a hopeless situation. Not sure how that’s worse than a brainwashed daughter of Kaido.

Yamato is cool, and an impressive person overall all things considered.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
She openly opposed Kaido since she was a small child and got beating after beating after beating from him and grew up alone surrounded by his crew. We even saw he put someone to death who helped her out by giving her food and a blanket.

Her existence was hell and she didn’t deviate from her moral compass and still routinely stood up to Kaido with zero help in a hopeless situation. Not sure how that’s worse than a brainwashed daughter of Kaido.

Yamato is cool, and an impressive person overall all things considered.
You seem to think that I dislike Yamato. I don't.

I hate that Oden LARPing though. As well as Oden himself.

All I am saying is that I prefer most of what I have seen in those sketches.