Discussion - Road to Laugh Tale (Vol. 4 Released) | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Road to Laugh Tale (Vol. 4 Released)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In a previous post I make the point that different blades would have varying degrees of haki drainage.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
In a previous post I make the point that different blades would have varying degrees of haki drainage.
Still wrong, Sandai has absolutely nothing to do with Haki and you can't prove it does.

Enma released Haki.... Sandai didn't ever do that once.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Still wrong, Sandai has absolutely nothing to do with Haki and you can't prove it does.

Enma released Haki.... Sandai didn't ever do that once.
Welp, it all ties together pretty well. The information regarding emma gives context regarding sandai. Kozaburo pretty much states that there are no cursed blades. What kozaburo says ties pretty well with sukiyaki's comments regarding sandai. But if that's the hill you want to die on then sure, go ahead.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Welp, it all ties together pretty well. The information regarding emma gives context regarding sandai. Kozaburo pretty much states that there are no cursed blades. What kozaburo says ties pretty well with sukiyaki's comments regarding sandai. But if that's the hill you want to die on then sure, go ahead.
Nope, it doesn't.
Sandai doesn't act anything like Enma.
Cursed swords are not cursed per se is what he's saying, the reason they're said to be cursed is pretty much because they're blades with magic abilities.

Fact is you're wrong, Sandai doesn't drain Haki, you'd have to be delusional to tell me you can prove Sandai has ever drained Haki.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Each sword to different degree. There are no tests, just swords leaving behind husks of inadequate swordsmen with weak haki.
Even this is false.

Sandai Kitetsu caused misfortune.

Swordsmen fell to their death, some got eaten by seakings... Misfortune being the key word.
Not this absurd idea they became husks because Sandai siphoned their vitality and left them for dead... they were in accidents. Entire reason Zoro threw Sandai up against his arm was to prove his luck was stronger... nothing to do with Haki.

So, to claim all cursed swords are based on Haki is preposterous when this is evidently a false claim. Enma is different, it absorbs vitality and haki... Sandai doesn't. Not sure why or where you're getting your false information from as there's literally nothing that gives such absurd ideas.

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Part four, the final chapter.

The interesting thing to me is the mentioned drawbacks of a Zoan awakening. This, coupled with Zoan having a mind of their own, makes me think that perhaps Kaido could have awakened, but avoided it due to not wanting his ability to influence his personality. It really makes me wonder if the drawbacks to a Zoan awakening are worth it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, so there's an interesting tidbit about zoan awakenings. Looks like zoan awakenings specifically are dangerous.... I suppose that would explain why they seem absent. And it would set the stage for luffy to simply not abuse his own awakening. It's weird that an awakening that is presumably about freedom would in a way take luffy's freedom by consuming him. Then again, it's ultimately a human type fruit so... maybe the risks isn't as pronounced? Or maybe more pronounced if there is a chance the actual personality contained within the fruit takes over. I wonder how this applies to chopper. In his case this would seem almost like a good thing. unless the personality within his fruit is just.. empty and thus why his monster point eventually loses control?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The interesting thing to me is the mentioned drawbacks of a Zoan awakening. This, coupled with Zoan having a mind of their own, makes me think that perhaps Kaido could have awakened, but avoided it due to not wanting his ability to influence his personality. It really makes me wonder if the drawbacks to a Zoan awakening are worth it.
As much as I dislike the fact that we didn't get a big moment demonstrating his form/the changes were kinda minuscule, I think it is likely that the alternate form he was in during Drunken Bagua was his Awakened Form.

Interesting to see that the Giant aspect may be a bigger deal than it was initially shown to be. It's something I expected and, honestly, I wished he went into that form to finish Kaido off, but, if Oda has plans for that, I imagine it's being saved for later.

I think Oda may have considered having Luffy lose himself to Nika temporarily. The thing about the dance stands out especially as Luffy never did that.

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
As much as I dislike the fact that we didn't get a big moment demonstrating his form/the changes were kinda minuscule, I think it is likely that the alternate form he was in during Drunken Bagua was his Awakened Form.
Final form is most likely his Awakening.
The Awakenings said for Zoans, it's a transformation which his final form seems more in line with.
His drunken forms were likely simply emotion enhancing, not the actual Awakening.

More so, you shouldn't need a substance to Awaken, it should be something you can simply do.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Sorry if someone mentioned this already but I'm just pondering something.

I'm wondering if, because Zoans have a will of their own, when they're awakened the Zoan's will becomes a lot stronger and takes over almost completely if the user's own will isn't strong enough. I.e. the Impel Down guards.
But because Luffy has such a strong will of his own, he is able to remain mostly himself even though his fruit awakened.
Sounds like I was pretty much right on this back when 1044 came out (#bragaboutit)

Also the implication that "the more he laughs, the stronger he gets" reminded me of something Sandman posted on Twitter:

john ellis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nope, it doesn't.
Sandai doesn't act anything like Enma.
Cursed swords are not cursed per se is what he's saying, the reason they're said to be cursed is pretty much because they're blades with magic abilities.

Fact is you're wrong, Sandai doesn't drain Haki, you'd have to be delusional to tell me you can prove Sandai has ever drained Haki.

Even this is false.

Sandai Kitetsu caused misfortune.

Swordsmen fell to their death, some got eaten by seakings... Misfortune being the key word.
Not this absurd idea they became husks because Sandai siphoned their vitality and left them for dead... they were in accidents. Entire reason Zoro threw Sandai up against his arm was to prove his luck was stronger... nothing to do with Haki.

So, to claim all cursed swords are based on Haki is preposterous when this is evidently a false claim. Enma is different, it absorbs vitality and haki... Sandai doesn't. Not sure why or where you're getting your false information from as there's literally nothing that gives such absurd ideas.
just a small note about this Recton or not, cursed swords seek out worthly users. They need to be made to "obey" by a strong will user. Which while will doesn't mean haki it does influence haki. Sandai didn't harm zoro because he was a CoC user as such he has a very strong will and is worthy of the sword. Now he hadn't awakened his haki at the time but he still had the will of a conquer. So no he didn't have strong haki at the time because will and haki are not the same but they're related? so why does emna drain haki and other curse swords do not? each curse sword test the will of the user slightly differently emna was the sword of oden as such it was more picky then Sandai was. Zoro is a swordsmen comparable to Oden as such emna was happy after testing zoro. Espeically if you believe it took zoro's CoC to stop emna. as such @kkck is mostly right.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Part four, the final chapter.

"Unlike Paramecia Zoan awakenings carry risks. Impel Down guards already show the drawbacks. The innate nature of their respective animals consume the Zoan user."

So this fourth part does confirm that Joy Boy is the innate nature of Nika hence that only the Nika user can become Joy Boy through DF awakening. This explains why Joy Boy was supposed to come back in the future (Nika reawakening) and why Zunesha recognized Joy Boy instantaneously when Luffy’s DF awakened.

This also strongly indicates that the One Piece project was made by the innate nature of Nika and that it is directly related to the Warrior of Liberation Sun God Nika. The Void Century Nika DF user was probably consumed by his Zoan awakening like the Impel Down guards and that is how he developed his plan that led to the fight against the 20 kingdoms. In the end One Piece project must be something as crazy/fun as Nika deity is, and Roger Pirates did laugh in Laugh Tale because of what Joy Boy = Nika deity left on the island.

Last edited:

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, this might be why exactly Kiku turned to being a woman at heart. After her father was arrested as a criminal and had to survive, she must have found trying to be a man too hard, so she turned to being a woman at heart specifically because she took more comfort in that.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think oda would do that. As in, have actual trauma be the cause of kiku being a woman at heart. In that case kiku simply be a mentally ill person who needs medical attention to deal with stuff. That would undermine the character.

regarding zoans and being taken over by their animal nature... The big question remains how this affects users of human fruits. There are two options as far as i can tell.. the nature within the fruit simply being compatible with the user and thus the drawbacks are non existent... Or the nature within is super specific to someone else and his or her personality begins to affect you. I think it's possible both effects can happen depending on the fruit.

Another bit that caught my attention is how awakenings work according to kaido. Your mind catching up to your new powers and nature and whatnot. If a human gets chopper's fruit then awakening could be a default of it since there's no real catching up to do at all. With mythical fruits i suppose there would be some lag as the framing is that mythical zoans are animals with paramecia like abilities. Though an awakening from a fruit closer to human should be at least simpler to obtain than something further from human. I suppose a monkey zoan awakening could end up being simpler to catch up to than a mythical human awakening.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
No Kuzan only became a ally recently while the 10 TT captains are known worldwide. Like how ate people not getting this?

Last edited:

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think oda would do that. As in, have actual trauma be the cause of kiku being a woman at heart. In that case kiku simply be a mentally ill person who needs medical attention to deal with stuff. That would undermine the character.

regarding zoans and being taken over by their animal nature... The big question remains how this affects users of human fruits. There are two options as far as i can tell.. the nature within the fruit simply being compatible with the user and thus the drawbacks are non existent... Or the nature within is super specific to someone else and his or her personality begins to affect you. I think it's possible both effects can happen depending on the fruit.

Another bit that caught my attention is how awakenings work according to kaido. Your mind catching up to your new powers and nature and whatnot. If a human gets chopper's fruit then awakening could be a default of it since there's no real catching up to do at all. With mythical fruits i suppose there would be some lag as the framing is that mythical zoans are animals with paramecia like abilities. Though an awakening from a fruit closer to human should be at least simpler to obtain than something further from human. I suppose a monkey zoan awakening could end up being simpler to catch up to than a mythical human awakening.
I’m not suggesting mental illness, but simply noticing and suggesting a possible reason as to what may have helped lead Kiku to where she is now. Not that everyone has to have a big elaborate backstory for why people choose to be women at heart, but with Kiku being a character in a story and considering Wano the way it is, I think it’s ok to analyze and suggest such things where appropriate.

Huh, just noticed this in the concept art.