Character - Speculative Tier List | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Speculative Tier List

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
As long as you keep it civil, go wild here.

Feel free to use doubles players or "Come on, Ryoga is clearly the final boss" or "Medanore scales with Volk" as arguments. As long as it's reasonable, it's fine.

For the moment, I'm sharing the list from the other thread as a base, but please include other players that did not fit the other criteria.

Alphabetical order within individual tiers.

S Tier (Top of the World)

Byoudouin
Volk

A+ Tier
Echizen Ryoga
QP
Oni

A Tier (High Pro Level)

Atobe
Amadeus
Bismarck
Fernandez
Rhinehart
Tanegashima
Tezuka
Tokugawa
Watanabe
Zeus

B Tier (TnK Rally)

Akutsu
Chardard
Delon
Dorgias
Echizen Ryoma
Fuji
Irie
Sanada
Shiraishi
Siegfried
Toyama
Yukimura

C Tier
Hakamada
Krauser
Momoshiro
Nakagauchi
Oshitari Y.
Sengoku
Yamato

Prefectural Tournament
(Chapters 1 - 40)

High

Echizen Ryoma

Mid

Ibu Shinji
Inui Sadaharu
Kaidoh Kaoru
Kamio Akira

Low

Arai Masashi
Sasabe

Tokyo Tournament
(Chapters 41 - 109)

High

Akutsu Jin
Echizen Ryoma
Fuji Shuuske

Mid

Momoshiro Takeshi
Sengoku Kiyosumi

Low

Fuji Yuuta
Mizuki Hajime

Kanto Tournament
(Chapters 110 - 236)

High

Echizen Ryoma
Sanada Gen'ichirou

Upper Mid

Atobe Keigo
Fuji Shuusuke
Inui Sadaharu
Kirihara Akaya
Tezuka Kunimitsu
Yanagi Renji

Lower Mid

Akutagawa Jiro
Aoi Kentarou
Hiyoshi Wakashi
Kamio Akira
Kaidoh Kaoru
Kiraku Yasuyuki
Sengoku Kiyosumi

Low

Kawamura Takashi

National Tournament
(Chapters 237-379)

S Tier

Echizen Ryoma

A Tier

Yukimura Seiichi

B Tier

Fuji Shuusuke
Sanada Gen'ichirou
Tezuka Kunimitsu
Tooyama Kintarou

C Tier

Atobe Keigo
Chitose Senri
Kirihara Akaya
Kite Eishirou
Niou Masaharu
Shiraishi Kuranosuke
Tachibana Kippei

D Tier

Ishida Gin
Liliadent Krauser
Momoshiro Takeshi
Oshitari Yuushi

E Tier

Chinen Hiroshi
Kai Yuujirou
Kikumaru Eiji
Tanishi Kei

F Tier

Aoi Kentarou
Kawamura Takashi
Saeki Kojirou

---‐---

Gonna throw something for the very top of the list to start the discussion:

Newcomers are bolded
^Raised compared to the other list
>Lowered compared to the other list

Byoudouin
Medanore
Echizen Ryoga^
Volk J.

A+ Tier
QP
Oni
Tokugawa^

A Tier (High Pro Level)

Atobe
Amadeus
Camus
Fernandez (here just because of next month)
Rhinehart
Tanegashima
Tezuka
Volk B.
Watanabe

A- Tier (Pro Level)
Balentien
Bismarck>
Echizen Ryoma^
Fuji^
Kirihara
Hopkins
Obando
Ranbiell
Tatsuta

Yukimura^
Zeus>

...or something like that.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I will do Spain Players.

S TIER

Medanore - Self Explanatory
Ryoga - Self Explanatory

A+ Tier

Romeo (especially after next month upgrade)

Mars (he is scaled with QP in practice match)

Seda (he is scaled with Zeus in his flashback)

A Tier

Julio - Buffed Version of Oishi
Silva - Buffed Version of Kikumaru

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Oh right Mares and Seda hm... I'd probably have them right in the same tier as Zeus, if I had to guess. Seda affected both Zeus and Ryoma.

Mares may be 3rd in pecking order (after Medanore and Romeo who was the S2 lock) given that Rodrigo didn't even risk to try to KO him, he went for the new guy. I wouldn't scale him to QP though since being matched for training doesn't really mean much. Seigaku had training matches against St Ru, Fudo and Rok after beating them all and getting stronger even stronger.

The doubles guys I have no clue, rather not have them yet.

Granted, we know pretty much nothing out of all of these so perhaps it's a little bit too speculative (same applies to Obando, looking back, I just listed him because of the order of the players that face Ryoma lol).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I found a feat for Fuji but it's rather silly so I'm dropping it here:

When interdimensional tennis is being played, clouds sorround the players. It happens whenever Oni and Byoudouin play, and the entirety of Duke vs Tokugawa is filled with these clouds. Currently, Atobe and Romeo have these clouds as well.

I may be wrong but, when Kirihara dashes to return Bismarck's shot, he faints surrounded by clouds. After that, whenever we see him zoomed out he's pretty much doing nothing, exhausted, so it's hard to tell.. Nothing Tanegashima does has this so I take back the 10 in Mental I gave him, lol.

Anyway, back to Fuji... his match against Ryoma is filled with clouds, too. This is not just showing he's equal to TnK imo, since Yukimura vs Tezuka DO NOT have this at all (actually, no match with Tezuka has this). Ryoma was certainly not holding back his Samurai.

Stole this list from Kaoz. Matches/moments that have it:

Oni vs Byoudouin
Kintarou vs Oni
Tokugawa vs Byoudouin
Volk (entrance)
Ryoma vs TUBE
Ochi vs Heracles
Kintarou vs Dorgias (I have no explanation for this one, maybe it's JJ "playing doubles" with Noah)
Akutsu vs Amadeus
Ryoma vs Ludovic
Oni vs QP
Byoudouin (entrance)

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Fuji

We all thought he will play in the Finals. Him and Irie.

But sadly, it is not meant to be.

I wonder if Fuji can fight evenly with Tezuka right now.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
But I'm checking stuff once again and now IDK.

We also see the clouds in that arc in:

362, Atobe vs Yuushi, once Atobe is serious. But Atobe shouldn't be this strong yet, and this doesn't repeat in his match vs Irie.

362 and 363, for Marui (????). It may be just Konomi lying to us since the premise was that Marui had massively leveled up in secret.

363, Tokugawa vs Sanada.

A bit in 365, Ryoma vs Sengoku

365, Ochi/Mouri vs Kimijima/Tohno.

366, Duke vs Niou.

Those 2 first examples and NOTHING for Byoudouin/Oni (not even when they play Ochi) bug me a lot.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
But I'm checking stuff once again and now IDK.

We also see the clouds in that arc in:

362, Atobe vs Yuushi, once Atobe is serious. But Atobe shouldn't be this strong yet, and this doesn't repeat in his match vs Irie.

362 and 363, for Marui (????). It may be just Konomi lying to us since the premise was that Marui had massively leveled up in secret.

363, Tokugawa vs Sanada.

A bit in 365, Ryoma vs Sengoku

365, Ochi/Mouri vs Kimijima/Tohno.

366, Duke vs Niou.

Those 2 first examples and NOTHING for Byoudouin/Oni (not even when they play Ochi) bug me a lot.
Maybe the clouds are not a thing to think about. Hahahaha.

Its probably came from One Piece when 2 Yonko Clash each other. Lol

Or maybe we are just not shown

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Tanegashima also had clouds when facing Zeus for a little bit.

Might be Kokomo’s new way of showing the intensity of the match, but in some cases it might not mean much. Yuushi has clouds in his last match with Atobe and Tezuka vs Yuki had a little of them and both of them are massively stronger than Yuushi

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Gonna throw something for the very top of the list:

Newcomers are bolded
^Raised compared to the other list
>Lowered compared to the other list

Byoudouin
Medanore
Echizen Ryoga^
Volk J.

A+ Tier
QP
Oni
Tokugawa^

A Tier (High Pro Level)

Atobe
Amadeus
Camus
Fernandez (here just because of next month)
Rhinehart
Tanegashima
Tezuka
Volk B.
Watanabe

A- Tier (Pro Level)
Balentien
Bismarck>
Echizen Ryoma^
Fuji^
Kirihara
Hopkins
Obando
Ranbiell
Tatsuta

Yukimura^
Zeus>

...or something like that.
Romeo same tier as Amadeus and Ralph. Interesting

**RANKING MIDDLE SCHOOLERS IN TOURNEY** (AS OF ROMEO VS ATOBE)

1. RYOGA
2. ROMEO
3. ATOBE
4. TEZUKA
5. CURRENT RYOMA
6. FUJI
7. YUKIMURA
8. KINTARO
9. BERTIE
10. LUDOVIC

PS: If Tatsuta is Mser. Then he will probably be in 3 or 4. If he is an inexperienced Amadeus.

------
Almost created a new thread about this. But I think this Japan thread in close enough.

Top 20 Japan Team Players After Finals S3.

1. Byodoin
2. Tokugawa
3. Oni
4. Tanegashima
5. Duke
6. Atobe
7. Ryoma
8. Fuji
9. Kintarou
10/11 Irie/Yukimura
12. Ochi (Former #4)
13/14 Sanada/Akaya
15. Ohmagari
16 Kimijama
17. Tohno
18. Shiraishi
19. Akutsu (8C)
20. Mouri
(21. Kite/Yanagi)

Who did I forgot? Who is too high? Who is too low?

(Niou is strong in doubles but significantly weaker in singles. Especially after sealing illusions. He is back to being Yagyuu tier)

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
------
Almost created a new thread about this. But I think this Japan thread in close enough.

Top 20 Japan Team Players After Finals S3.

1. Byodoin
2. Tokugawa
3. Oni
4. Tanegashima
5. Duke
6. Atobe
7. Ryoma
8. Fuji
9. Kintarou
10/11 Irie/Yukimura
12. Ochi (Former #4)
13/14 Sanada/Akaya
15. Ohmagari
16 Kimijama
17. Tohno
18. Shiraishi
19. Akutsu (8C)
20. Mouri
(21. Kite)

Who did I forgot? Who is too high? Who is too low?

(Niou is strong in doubles but significantly weaker in singles. Especially after sealing illusions. He is back to being Yagyuu tier)
Akutsu is probably a lot stronger. He was able to keep up with Amadeus and briefly overpower him. And Amadeus scales to pre Ressurection Byoudin who was measures above the rest of the Team.
Shiraishi became the main scorer after he developed Star Bible so I think he surpassed Kimijima.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Akutsu is probably a lot stronger. He was able to keep up with Amadeus and briefly overpower him. And Amadeus scales to pre Ressurection Byoudin who was measures above the rest of the Team.
Shiraishi became the main scorer after he developed Star Bible so I think he surpassed Kimijima.
The problem I have for Akutsu is his 8C only last like half a set?

Without 8C, he is a normal player with gifted athleticism.

But yeah. Maybe he can be above Kimi and tohno?

As for Shiraishi, Star Bible is good but not great imo. Kimijama kinda carried him against France. And they still lose. But maybe he can be viewed above him after powerup. Idk. Very close.

Akaya and Sanada. I am having a hard time. I still lean on Sanada now.

Wait, i forgot Yanagi.. lmao

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Akutsu ranking is probably about right considering the duration we see that we can lasted in right now. Maybe debatably a little higher or lower. With the move assumption that it can last 3 sets I can see him at around current Tokugawa or Oni.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
The problem I have for Akutsu is his 8C only last like half a set?

Without 8C, he is a normal player with gifted athleticism.

But yeah. Maybe he can be above Kimi and tohno?

As for Shiraishi, Star Bible is good but not great imo. Kimijama kinda carried him against France. And they still lose. But maybe he can be viewed above him after powerup. Idk. Very close.

Akaya and Sanada. I am having a hard time. I still lean on Sanada now.

Wait, i forgot Yanagi.. lmao
Akutsu ranking is probably about right considering the duration we see that we can lasted in right now. Maybe debatably a little higher or lower. With the move assumption that it can last 3 sets I can see him at around current Tokugawa or Oni.
Akutsu and Amadeus had an hour long rally before he fainted (and before that he had won 4 points and taken a beating). Kirihara and Ludovic for example have a pace so high that they could theoretically finish matches in under 40 minutes. I think it's very doable as long as it's not against someone that could push him to a third set.

chikkychappy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
I won't quote anyone specifically, just want to say how surprised I am at some of the lists here.

Konomi already established the superiority of HS-ers through Yukimura's and Sanada's comments. I mean it wasn't long ago when most people thought Yukimura can beat Duke cos he destroyed Fuwa, but Konomi has recently rid us of that illusion.

Also tiers do not move that quickly in PoT except when it comes to Ryoma and maybe to some extent Tezuka. Case in point: Back then Momo beat G20 while Chitose/Tachibana struggled against Court 3, but in the end Chitose and Tachibana made it to the first cut whereas Momo was not even second choice (Renji, Oshitari and Sengoku were chosen over him). And then after all of Atobe's upgrades, Oshitari still took three games from him during the intra as if we're still in Kantou. This again shows that for every on-screen upgrade, the rest of the pack are working to keep up so overall Konomi is not leaving them in the dust and tier changes doesn't become that dramatic.

Idk why Kintarou's being ranked over Yukimura at this point. He beat Dorgias easily in the group stages, but around this time Yukimura was also explicitly referred to as the #1 among JP MSers. I mean that's the whole point of Tezuka vs Yukimura, Japan was sending out their biggest best MS baddie against their former colleague who's currently taking the MS world by storm. And no, I don't think Ryoma is above Yukimura at this point (although he will be). Tezuka vs Yukimura was a fight between the two best Japanese MSers point blank.

Tanegashima... now people are writing him off after that questionable intra with questionable results (Tane-Shiraishi playing almost evenly against fuckass Kite/Marui, Fuji-Ryoma's nonsensical match...). All I know is that Byoudoin is a cut above the rest. Toku/Oni/Duke/Tane/Irie they're all pretty close to each other; Ochi is also about to stake him claim in this tier. Trying to avoid recency effect because it really depends on who Konomi wants to hype up or whose part of the story we're in, and honestly sometimes Konomi just be writing anything. Although by end of Spain match I expect Toku to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack simply because he's been built-up as the HSer main character from the beginning.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I won't quote anyone specifically, just want to say how surprised I am at some of the lists here.

Konomi already established the superiority of HS-ers through Yukimura's and Sanada's comments. I mean it wasn't long ago when most people thought Yukimura can beat Duke cos he destroyed Fuwa, but Konomi has recently rid us of that illusion.

Also tiers do not move that quickly in PoT except when it comes to Ryoma and maybe to some extent Tezuka. Case in point: Back then Momo beat G20 while Chitose/Tachibana struggled against Court 3, but in the end Chitose and Tachibana made it to the first cut whereas Momo was not even second choice (Renji, Oshitari and Sengoku were chosen over him). And then after all of Atobe's upgrades, Oshitari still took three games from him during the intra as if we're still in Kantou. This again shows that for every on-screen upgrade, the rest of the pack are working to keep up so overall Konomi is not leaving them in the dust and tier changes doesn't become that dramatic.

Idk why Kintarou's being ranked over Yukimura at this point. He beat Dorgias easily in the group stages, but around this time Yukimura was also explicitly referred to as the #1 among JP MSers. I mean that's the whole point of Tezuka vs Yukimura, Japan was sending out their biggest best MS baddie against their former colleague who's currently taking the MS world by storm. And no, I don't think Ryoma is above Yukimura at this point (although he will be). Tezuka vs Yukimura was a fight between the two best Japanese MSers point blank.

Tanegashima... now people are writing him off after that questionable intra with questionable results (Tane-Shiraishi playing almost evenly against fuckass Kite/Marui, Fuji-Ryoma's nonsensical match...). All I know is that Byoudoin is a cut above the rest. Toku/Oni/Duke/Tane/Irie they're all pretty close to each other; Ochi is also about to stake him claim in this tier. Trying to avoid recency effect because it really depends on who Konomi wants to hype up or whose part of the story we're in, and honestly sometimes Konomi just be writing anything. Although by end of Spain match I expect Toku to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack simply because he's been built-up as the HSer main character from the beginning.
Atobe evolved fast too. He evolved to beat Romeo who kinda scaled with Bismarck who scaled to Tanegashima based on their clashes with each other.

I don think It is impossible for Msers to be stronger than their Senpai Hsers. In fact in Spain Team, 2 of their Top 3 strongest players (Ryoga and Romeo) are Msers.

As for Genius 5. I think Byodoin and Toku are above the rest.

Then Oni, Duke, Tane,Irie are close to each other.

Toku VS Duke was decided 7-5.But Toku kinda dominated the last 2 sets of the match when he got serious

chikkychappy

Reaction score
He evolved to beat Romeo who kinda scaled with Bismarck who scaled to Tanegashima based on their clashes with each other.
What am I missing here? Because from the translation provided Bismarck deliberately went into tiebreak cos he wanted to test Romeo, none of this suggests Bismarck went all out. If anything it was Tezuka who was explicitly scaled to Romeo (by QP). Again, MSer vs MSer.

Atobe's new upgrade is incredible (honestly all the MSers have been) but that's gonna have shit tons of drawbacks, it won't catapult him multiple tiers in an instant. I mean it wasn't long ago when someone called Shiraishi an "all 7 player" but nobody took that shit seriously.

I don think It is impossible for Msers to be stronger than their Senpai Hsers. In fact in Spain Team, 2 of their Top 3 strongest players (Ryoga and Romeo) are Msers.
I'm talking about Japan specifically since we're more familiar with the dynamics here. I'm still on a wait and see mode for Spain. It could be that they don't have particularly strong HSers which is why Konomi fielded Omagari, Mouri and Ochi who fall short compared to G6 in terms of hype.

Toku VS Duke was decided 7-5.But Toku kinda dominated the last 2 sets of the match when he got serious
Yeah forgot about this one. It means that Toku already started to set himself apart earlier, won't be surprised if he's stronger than Byo at the end of it (he's only a year younger after all).

Last edited:

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What am I missing here? Because from the translation provided Bismarck deliberately went into tiebreak cos he wanted to test Romeo, none of this suggests Bismarck went all out. If anything it was Tezuka who was explicitly scaled to Romeo (by QP). Again, MSer vs MSer.

Atobe's new upgrade is incredible (honestly all the MSers have been) but that's gonna have shit tons of drawbacks, it won't catapult him multiple tiers in an instant. I mean it wasn't long ago when someone called Shiraishi an "all 7 player" but nobody took that shit seriously.

I'm talking about Japan specifically since we're more familiar with the dynamics here. I'm still on a wait and see mode for Spain. It could be that they don't have particularly strong HSers which is why Konomi fielded Omagari, Mouri and Ochi who fall short compared to G6 in terms of hype.

Yeah forgot about this one. It means that Toku already started to set himself apart earlier, won't be surprised if he's stronger than Byo at the end of it (he's only a year younger after all).
Atobe’s new upgrade lets him be as strong as he’ll be in three years, that already makes him as strong as top Hsers as long as he can go on with it. Romeo is probably as strong as the G5 because he showed quite a lot of feats to support it. You can’t say it doesn’t make him jump tiers when QP said he is a ton stronger than he was before and he has grown a lot since the prewc. He went to being destroyed by Romeo to overpower him and he was constantly evolving until his body cracked up.

Ryoma and Kintarou will jump several tiers here too, specially the former.

Shiraishi having a potential 7 in every stat with Star Bible can make him go toe to toe with other strong Hsers. He did that and won points and games against two 30 stat total Hsers which already is a higher total than almost all of the G5 in Japan.

They’re getting massive upgrades, it wouldn’t surprise me if after the WC we get a rematch between the G10 and Msers. Byo and Ryoma promised each other to have a match after it.

chikkychappy

Reaction score
Atobe’s new upgrade lets him be as strong as he’ll be in three years, that already makes him as strong as top Hsers as long as he can go on with it.
And again that's gonna have drawbacks. You just said it yourself, his body will give in. See the case with Shiraishi.

Romeo is probably as strong as the G5 because he showed quite a lot of feats to support it.
He's a top MS player who won a tournament in his age bracket without dropping a set (tennis has U10, U11, U12, U14, U16, U18 tournaments btw) got compared to Tezuka by QP, Bismarck went into tiebreak to "test" him. Then from that he grew 120%. Where does it show that he compares to the likes of Duke and Oni?

You can’t say it doesn’t make him jump tiers when QP said he is a ton stronger than he was before and he has grown a lot since the prewc.
Konomi says this about everyone 😭😭😭 This has been said about Atobe all throughout NPOT and he still got nearly bageled by Irie.

Shiraishi having a potential 7 in every stat with Star Bible can make him go toe to toe with other strong Hsers. He did that and won points and games against two 30 stat total Hsers which already is a higher total than almost all of the G5 in Japan.
He won't sustain that the entire match that's why no one's putting him in A tier. During the doubles Omagari (base stat 26 iirc) and Tane (28) were basically babysitting him and Kintarou. All MS upgrades, needs to be put in context, sometimes Konomi just be saying shit for hype. For example, I remember someone calling Sanada "unbeatable" I think in his match against France.

Last edited:

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
And again that's gonna have drawbacks. You just said it yourself, his body will give in. See the case with Shiraishi.

He's a top MS player who won a tournament in his age bracket without dropping a set (tennis has U10, U11, U12, U14, U16, U18 tournaments btw) got compared to Tezuka by QP, Bismarck went into tiebreak to "test" him. Then from that he grew 120%. Where does it show that he compares to the likes of Duke and Oni?

Konomi says this about everyone 😭😭😭 This has been said about Atobe all throughout NPOT and he still got nearly bageled by Irie.

He won't sustain that the entire match that's why no one's putting him in A tier. During the doubles Omagari (base stat 26 iirc) and Tane (28) were basically babysitting him and Kintarou. All MS upgrades, needs to be put in context, sometimes Konomi just be saying shit for hype. For example, I remember someone calling Sanada "unbeatable" I think in his match against France.
You still think Irie is stronger than Atobe?

chikkychappy

Reaction score
You still think Irie is stronger than Atobe?
Absolutely. Irie is Oni/Duke/Tane level who are like three levels above Yukimura who is a level below Tezuka who is the best MSer in the tournament (Ryoga aside).

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

But Romeo, a MSer, was as good as evolved Atobe. It wasn't until one of the latest evolutions that it became one sided, and even then Romeo got yet another upgrade to remain at that level. Atobe got upgrades off screen to be leveled with Dorgias, another HSer, and even then he lost 3 straight points against base Romeo.

So we got BASE ROMEO >>Atobe = Dorgias <= TnK Kin who kept his serve against TnK Oni. Who walked over QP.

Why can't Shiraishi's upgrades be sustainable? There's no real drawback about it other than the fact that Shiraishi can only have a single 7 at the time (tho he can switch quickly).

Absolutely. Irie is Oni/Duke/Tane level who are like three levels above Yukimura who is a level below Tezuka who is the best MSer in the tournament (Ryoga aside).
Why, though? Irie never even dared to play someone in the G-10. His best feat is destroying Date and post-injury Kaji which doesn't tell us much because we don't know how strong that is. In singles there's a pretty clear gap between the top of the G-10 and the rest, too.

Meanwhile Duke was trusted to play France's ace and revealed he had a Ki Jin after that.