Character - Speculative Tier List | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Character Speculative Tier List

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
As long as you keep it civil, go wild here.

Feel free to use doubles players or "Come on, Ryoga is clearly the final boss" or "Medanore scales with Volk" as arguments. As long as it's reasonable, it's fine.

For the moment, I'm sharing the list from the other thread as a base, but please include other players that did not fit the other criteria.

Alphabetical order within individual tiers.

S Tier (Top of the World)

Byoudouin
Volk

A+ Tier
Echizen Ryoga
QP
Oni

A Tier (High Pro Level)

Atobe
Amadeus
Bismarck
Fernandez
Rhinehart
Tanegashima
Tezuka
Tokugawa
Watanabe
Zeus

B Tier (TnK Rally)

Akutsu
Chardard
Delon
Dorgias
Echizen Ryoma
Fuji
Irie
Sanada
Shiraishi
Siegfried
Toyama
Yukimura

C Tier
Hakamada
Krauser
Momoshiro
Nakagauchi
Oshitari Y.
Sengoku
Yamato

Prefectural Tournament
(Chapters 1 - 40)

High

Echizen Ryoma

Mid

Ibu Shinji
Inui Sadaharu
Kaidoh Kaoru
Kamio Akira

Low

Arai Masashi
Sasabe

Tokyo Tournament
(Chapters 41 - 109)

High

Akutsu Jin
Echizen Ryoma
Fuji Shuuske

Mid

Momoshiro Takeshi
Sengoku Kiyosumi

Low

Fuji Yuuta
Mizuki Hajime

Kanto Tournament
(Chapters 110 - 236)

High

Echizen Ryoma
Sanada Gen'ichirou

Upper Mid

Atobe Keigo
Fuji Shuusuke
Inui Sadaharu
Kirihara Akaya
Tezuka Kunimitsu
Yanagi Renji

Lower Mid

Akutagawa Jiro
Aoi Kentarou
Hiyoshi Wakashi
Kamio Akira
Kaidoh Kaoru
Kiraku Yasuyuki
Sengoku Kiyosumi

Low

Kawamura Takashi

National Tournament
(Chapters 237-379)

S Tier

Echizen Ryoma

A Tier

Yukimura Seiichi

B Tier

Fuji Shuusuke
Sanada Gen'ichirou
Tezuka Kunimitsu
Tooyama Kintarou

C Tier

Atobe Keigo
Chitose Senri
Kirihara Akaya
Kite Eishirou
Niou Masaharu
Shiraishi Kuranosuke
Tachibana Kippei

D Tier

Ishida Gin
Liliadent Krauser
Momoshiro Takeshi
Oshitari Yuushi

E Tier

Chinen Hiroshi
Kai Yuujirou
Kikumaru Eiji
Tanishi Kei

F Tier

Aoi Kentarou
Kawamura Takashi
Saeki Kojirou

---‐---

Gonna throw something for the very top of the list to start the discussion:

Newcomers are bolded
^Raised compared to the other list
>Lowered compared to the other list

S Tier (Top of the World)

Byoudouin
Medanore
Echizen Ryoga^
Volk J.

A+ Tier
QP
Oni
Tokugawa^

A Tier (High Pro Level)

Atobe
Amadeus
Camus
Fernandez (here just because of next month)
Rhinehart
Tanegashima
Tezuka
Volk B.
Watanabe

A- Tier (Pro Level)
Balentien
Bismarck>
Echizen Ryoma^
Fuji^
Kirihara
Hopkins
Obando
Ranbiell
Tatsuta

Yukimura^
Zeus>

...or something like that.

Last edited:

chikkychappy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
If TNK + Kijin is 10 in power stats. What is UA QP? Maybe 12 in power stats. Lol.
Well QP has "ultimate physique" to counter Oni's pure power. Where would that reflect in the stats? Power? Technique?

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
QP destroyed Oni’s wrist, so his power is beyond 10. Ultimate Quality probably boosts it to 12 or 13.
Going beyond 10 sounds absolutely absurd to me.

I theorise base Oni had a 7 in Power (flawless, elite), QP had an 8 (Human peak). Ultimate Quality allowed him to reach 9 (Super Human), while Ki Jin gives Oni 10 (incomprehensible). Fits the pace of the match, at least.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Guys, What do you think of My Japanese Mser Rankings?

(Ryoga and Tezuka Included because they are ethnically and blooded Japanese. Just playing as an import in another country. I would have put Kuraraga (Japanese Swiss Rep) but he is not a Mser I think)

Ranking (As of End of Finals S3 (Atobe VS Romeo)

1. Ryoga (BY FAR)

2. Tezuka

3. Atobe

4. Ryoma

5. Yukimura

6. Fuji

7. Kintarou

8. Sanada

9. Shiraishi

10. Akutsu

11. Yanagi

12. Kite

13. Marui

14. Niou (Weak in Singles with Sealed Illusions)

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I put Fuji and Kintarou above Yukimura. And Akutsu as well.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I put Fuji and Kintarou above Yukimura. And Akutsu as well.
Damn, you think Yukimura fell down that much

I mean back in POT he was like second strongest to Ryoma.

Now, he is down to 8th or 9th in your Mser list?

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Fuji is definitely even with Echizen. Echizen almost even lost with the wind.

Kintarou draws with Yukimura by the start of NPoT. By the potential and growth I don't see him below Yukimura anymore. It wouldn't make sense considering the praise the series give to his growth and potential. In fact, his potential is state to be even greater than Ryoma. I also don't see Yukimura managing to score against PoP Oni which Pre-Aura QP isn't capable of, but Kintarou did a minimum of 2 times.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England

(Ryoga and Tezuka Included because they are ethnically and blooded Japanese. Just playing as an import in another country. I would have put Kuraraga (Japanese Swiss Rep) but he is not a Mser I think)

1. Ryoga (BY FAR)

2. Tezuka

3. Atobe

4. Ryoma

5. Yukimura

6. Fuji

7. Kintarou

8. Sanada

9. Shiraishi

10. Akutsu

11. Yanagi

12. Kite

13. Marui

I have Atobe above Tezuka

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

1. Ryoga (BY FAR)

2. Tezuka

3. Atobe

4. Ryoma

5. Yukimura

6. Fuji

7. Kintarou

8. Sanada

9. Shiraishi

10. Akutsu

11. Yanagi

12. Kite

13. Marui

I would put it like this:
1. Ryoga
2. Tezuka
3. Ryoma
4. Yukimura
5. Kintarou
6. Fuji
7. Atobe
8. Akutsu
9. Sanada
10. Akaya
11. Shiraishi
12. Yanagi
13. Kite
14. Marui
15. Niou

I think Atobe is being oversold here he's incredibly strong, but barely held it for 1 set. He simply can't hold that intensity.
I have Yuki above Kin and Fuji since he can rally TnK no problem against Kin, plus dsince there last game he's Developed dream and Future whereas Kin only got a new serve, but we know he can return Mountain Storm so avolcano should be easy enough.
As for Fuji, Yuki doesn't rely on too many special moves that leave him open to counters and he should be able to effectively return all of them consistently. His bottom tracket return can also nullify Hechatoncheries which remains Fuji's most powerful attack

Tsuntsun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If the Atobe in three years is meant to play against tezuka in 3 years at the finals then we should assume that the two then will be quite similar (Echizen even says that atobe will win today). So current Atobe should easily be able to beat the current tezuka.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If the Atobe in three years is meant to play against tezuka in 3 years at the finals then we should assume that the two then will be quite similar (Echizen even says that atobe will win today). So current Atobe should easily be able to beat the current tezuka.
But we are in a 3 set match setting.

And Atobe can only use Future Self in 1 set.

After that, he will lose the next 2 sets though.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
I would put it like this:
1. Ryoga
2. Tezuka
3. Ryoma
4. Yukimura
5. Kintarou
6. Fuji
7. Atobe
8. Akutsu
9. Sanada
10. Akaya
11. Shiraishi
12. Yanagi
13. Kite
14. Marui
15. Niou

I think Atobe is being oversold here he's incredibly strong, but barely held it for 1 set. He simply can't hold that intensity.
I have Yuki above Kin and Fuji since he can rally TnK no problem against Kin, plus dsince there last game he's Developed dream and Future whereas Kin only got a new serve, but we know he can return Mountain Storm so avolcano should be easy enough.
As for Fuji, Yuki doesn't rely on too many special moves that leave him open to counters and he should be able to effectively return all of them consistently. His bottom tracket return can also nullify Hechatoncheries which remains Fuji's most powerful attack
He held for 2 sets and current Atobe wouldn't need that long to beat them anyway.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He held for 2 sets and current Atobe wouldn't need that long to beat them anyway.
Except he would though. This isn't the same as the Akutsu situation where he rallied an hour before collapsing. Atobe was breaking through Romeo convincingly and little resistance. But his body still began to shut down. Which means it's limit is rather short.

Tsuntsun

Reaction score
Country
Australia
it was literally stated in the panel after Atobe won in the manga that both Japan and spain have the strongest Msers (referring to Atobe and Romeo)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Except he would though. This isn't the same as the Akutsu situation where he rallied an hour before collapsing. Atobe was breaking through Romeo convincingly and little resistance. But his body still began to shut down. Which means it's limit is rather short.
There is no way Atobe would need that long to win. After he started seeing into the future, he was able to win with ease against Romeo before his limit broke. The only potential matchup that could be a problem would be yukimura because he can steal the future while Atobe can see into the future.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
it was literally stated in the panel after Atobe won in the manga that both Japan and spain have the strongest Msers (referring to Atobe and Romeo)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There is no way Atobe would need that long to win. After he started seeing into the future, he was able to win with ease against Romeo before his limit broke. The only potential matchup that could be a problem would be yukimura because he can steal the future while Atobe can see into the future.
Wait what?

Where it is stated?

(Anyways, It is inaccurate because Ryoga is the strongest Mser. Lol)

But Ryoga aside cause of unfamilarity by fans, where is it stated that Spain and Japan have the strongest msers???? I mean in what chapter?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Fuji is definitely even with Echizen. Echizen almost even lost with the wind.

Kintarou draws with Yukimura by the start of NPoT. By the potential and growth I don't see him below Yukimura anymore. It wouldn't make sense considering the praise the series give to his growth and potential. In fact, his potential is state to be even greater than Ryoma. I also don't see Yukimura managing to score against PoP Oni which Pre-Aura QP isn't capable of, but Kintarou did a minimum of 2 times.
Are you implying

Ryoma, Fuji, Kintarou are now in the same level of Bismarck and Pre Aura QP?

But we have Tezuka all over the Mser Trio?

That will make Tezuka above Bismarck and pre Aura QP.

And I think the consensus is Bismarck will beat Tezuka.

Or maybe, it's just a matchup thing. Idk

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Once Atobe gained Future insight he was walking over Romeo who's stronger them. And even in his weaker state was able to rally with a even stronger Romeo. So yeah Atobe would beat them before his body gave out.

Tsuntsun

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wait what?

Where it is stated?

(Anyways, It is inaccurate because Ryoga is the strongest Mser. Lol)

But Ryoga aside cause of unfamilarity by fans, where is it stated that Spain and Japan have the strongest msers???? I mean in what chapter?

Are you implying

Ryoma, Fuji, Kintarou are now in the same level of Bismarck and Pre Aura QP?

But we have Tezuka all over the Mser Trio?

That will make Tezuka above Bismarck and pre Aura QP.

And I think the consensus is Bismarck will beat Tezuka.

Or maybe, it's just a matchup thing. Idk

It was stated in the panel where they hugged (Chapter 405) so right before the bit where QP talks to tezuka, referring to how tezuka is also one of the strongest Msers

chikkychappy

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
It was stated in the panel where they hugged (Chapter 405) so right before the bit where QP talks to tezuka, referring to how tezuka is also one of the strongest Msers
Yeah, there was a text box that said this: ”日本にもいるじゃん最強中学生。。。スペインにもな.” I don't speak Japanese so I don't know if means that Japan and Spain have some of the strongest MSers, or if those two (Atobe and Romeo) are the absolute strongest MSers. I would bet on the former.

Bertie also already said in the beginning that Tezuka and Romeo are among the strongest MSers in the tournament. I personally would put Tezuka easily above Romeo at this point, but with the whole 120% thing they should be in the same tier, and consequently Atobe too.

So yeah basically Atobe jumped from Sanada tier to Tezuka tier within one match 💀 The power of favorites

Tsuntsun

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah, there was a text box that said this: ”日本にもいるじゃん最強中学生。。。スペインにもな.” I don't speak Japanese so I don't know if means that Japan and Spain have some of the strongest MSers, or if those two (Atobe and Romeo) are the absolute strongest MSers. I would bet on the former.

Bertie also already said in the beginning that Tezuka and Romeo are among the strongest MSers in the tournament. I personally would put Tezuka easily above Romeo at this point, but with the whole 120% thing they should be in the same tier, and consequently Atobe too.

So yeah basically Atobe jumped from Sanada tier to Tezuka tier within one match 💀 The power of favorites
The text says "Looks like japan also has the strongest Mser", as in single person referring to atobe. The one in the bottom left says "Spain does too"

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
MY NEW UPDATED JAPAN REPRESENTATIVE WC RANKINGS (AS OF FINALS D2)

1. Byodoin
2. Tokugawa

(GAP)

3. Oni
4. Tanegashima

(SLIGHT GAP)

5. Atobe (Infinite Evolution has. 1 1/2 set limit)
6. Duke (Interchangeable with Ryoma)
7. Ryoma (Interchangeable with Duke)

(SLIGHT GAP)

8. Yukimura
9. Kintarou (9 - 11 Interchangeable)
10. Fuji (9 - 11 Interchangeable)
11. Sanada (9-11 Interchangeable)
12. Irie (Top Msers arguably surpassed him already)

(SLIGHT GAP)

13. Akutsu (8C has 1 set limit) (we based rankings by 3 set match)
14. Ochi (Will jump tier after Finals I think)
15. Akaya

( VERY SLIGHT GAP)

16. Mouri
17. Tohno
18. Kimijama
19. Yanagi
20. Kite

Who do you think is higher? Or should be lower?

PS:

I have a hard time ranking Akutsu. He is strong. But even he has 8C, He still lost to Amadeus.
All you need to do is prolong the game like Amadeus did. And Akutsu's body will give up.

Also, it is directly said when Byodoin use 8C that The technique is more effective used by Hser than Mser.

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
2-Tokugawa cannot use Black Hole for 2 straight sets. I'd have Byoudouin on a tier of his own, if anything.

6-I'd have Duke next to Tanegashima in every list.

7-Ryoma being a whole tier above Fuji doesn't make sense right now.

9-Shiraishi said Kintarou would likely lose to Ryoma so I'd have Fuji right under Yukimura but above the rest.

I'd probably have Kaji and Ohmagari here, btw.

12-We had agreed that Irie beats Yukimura in the other thread.

The tier of 13-15 shouldn't exist imo. I'd move all of them.

13-Akutsu was in 8C for a whole hour (and that rally only lasted that long because he wanted to surprise Amadeus). That's likely longer than what Atobe lasted in his Evolution self. I'd rank them the same way.

14-Ochi is kinda impossible to rank since he can only use Mach sparingly or his arm dies. I'd just put him above Mouri and call it a day.

15-Kirihara's Blue Eyed mode has like the best scoring feat in the series except for Volk vs Byoudouin (imo) and doesn't have the time limit nor the stamina issues the incomplete version had at the start of his match. I'd say he can probably beat Sanada nowadays but we won't get to see it. Fuji even said Kirihara would win against him (even if this is played for laughs, odds are they are pretty close in tiers).

17-Tohno is pretty much retired so he should go last. I'm not sure if he can stay on the court for 2 sets alone.

18-Kimijima kept his serve playing pretty much alone against the French D2, his tennis is legit. Also, I'm not sure how effective Mouri's current tennis is in singles? He can just cover the net in doubles but that strategy shouldn't work as well playing alone. I'd have him above Mouri (and Ochi).

19 and 20 are interchangeable imo. That said I'd have Hakamada and Date above them.

With Yanagi/Kite:
Chitose
Tachibana
Nakagauchi
Yuushi

-Gap

Sengoku?
Ishida? (Nationals! Shiraishi could return the 108 Hadou and he likely had something like 3/3/3/3/3 in stats which is rather low. A 1 in Speed is inexcusable and would be exploited in singles. He cannot spam Hadous for 3 sets. If not for the KO threat I'd have him last.)
Marui (only 2 in power)
Niou? (only 2 in power, no copies)
Oishi

Last edited: