Team - StrawHat Pirates VS BlackBeard Pirates | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Team StrawHat Pirates VS BlackBeard Pirates

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
nah, burgess is only captain of 1st ship, not confirmed to be first mate.
Burgess is setup to be sanji's opponent because both are barehand fighters.

Sanji vs shiryuu is boring because sanji already did a fight against invisible fighter previously. Zoro vs shiryuu is more interesting to see zoro using his CoO (and swordsman instinct) against invisible slashes
He is First Mate especially it stated he is control of the 1st Ship of the BB Pirates and was first to join BB before anyone else? Why wouldn't he be First Mate? Make no sense especially we seen traits of him taking charge after BB, so make sense Zoro him face off especially theory of Diamond Fruit or DF to make him stronger than before.

Not really, it be boring for Zoro to face him since he be doing Pica situation on where is he and hide and seek fighting. I don't want repeat of one of most boring fights in OP in major fight in BB Pirates. Sanji vs Shiryu in Invisible World will be amazing especially Oda will put in in perspective of theirs to see what is going on. Burgess vs Zoro going back to back as well be amazing too as he need to fixed his stamina and durability issues. He doesn't need COO in a fight like that and work on something he need help on.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Luffy or Zoro aren't strong enough to fight Blackbeard or Shiryu yet. But one day they will be, meaning Sanji will also be a lot stronger.

I'm guessing Burgess is around Oven or Daifuku level, Sanji could already put a fight right now. It's unlikely he will be a challenge in the future.
Nah feel Sanji vs Shiryu is more of a touch while Zoro vs Burgess is more likely given they probably fight out of their Captain's order or make first moves or be one of crucial ones being their First Mates while Sanji and Shiryu are only ones to prevent any stealth stuff happening on their side given their invisibility, so both we will have COO to detect one another along with having COA to do heavy damage as well.

Though we shouldn't undermine Burgess since doubt he be same level next time we see him and be back stronger than before, so pretty sure he be apart of major fights and might even be one of the dangerous of the group of what he becomes.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Luffy or Zoro aren't strong enough to fight Blackbeard or Shiryu yet. But one day they will be, meaning Sanji will also be a lot stronger.

I'm guessing Burgess is around Oven or Daifuku level, Sanji could already put a fight right now. It's unlikely he will be a challenge in the future.
Luffy could very well actually be strong enough to hold his own against BB. Presumably he has the capacity to actually land meaningful punches on kaido nowadays. And even then, he has already taken out at least one YC1. BB is strong of course but he could conceivably be the weakest of the yonko.

To me burgues would seem to be lower than oven/daifuku but it wouldn't be that strange if that was more in his alley. Though to me people like that are probably gear 4 material (at least pre haki projection/foresight), which burgues definitely wasn't.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
BB is strong of course but he could conceivably be the weakest of the yonko.
I don't think the difference is much, otherwise he would only survive until his first encounter against another Emperor. Also he got Aokiji as a subordinate/ally.

Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary

Luffy and Zoro and the rest of the Straw Hats will be struggling af with the BB Pirates on Laughtale. So Luffy and Jinbei will be the ones who will eliminate all the remaining Blackbeard Pirates. Because Luffy will rage in Gear 5th for sure (after Jinbei's last stand) and he's going to create a mist-like steam that will flood the entire island. No wonder why those 2 future chapters will be titled for Gear 5th release as "THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS...!!" & "HORROR ON THE ISLAND OF THE GREATEST TREASURE!!"

Which refers to Nightmare Luffy from Thriller Bark. But it's going to be Luffy's final gear form.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Luffy and Zoro and the rest of the Straw Hats will be struggling af with the BB Pirates on Laughtale. So Luffy and Jinbei will be the ones who will eliminate all the remaining Blackbeard Pirates. Because Luffy will rage in Gear 5th for sure (after Jinbei's last stand) and he's going to create a mist-like steam that will flood the entire island. No wonder why those 2 future chapters will be titled for Gear 5th release as "THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS...!!" & "HORROR ON THE ISLAND OF THE GREATEST TREASURE!!"

Which refers to Nightmare Luffy from Thriller Bark. But it's going to be Luffy's final gear form.
There is not going to be a Gear 5th.

If Oda wanted more Gears, he could have made Snakesman it. Instead, he decided to have different forms of Gear 4.

It would be kinda strange the have several sub-types of Gear 4, then an Gear 5.

Monkey D. Bufford

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
There is not going to be a Gear 5th.

If Oda wanted more Gears, he could have made Snakesman it. Instead, he decided to have different forms of Gear 4.

It would be kinda strange the have several sub-types of Gear 4, then an Gear 5.
Yes there's going to be Gear 5th! On Laughtale against Blackbeard! Because the human body has 11-12 systems altogether! (5 main; 6-7 side)

Because a car also has 5 gears basically! And Gear 5th is based on the NEURAL SYSTEM. So all Luffy needs to do as to get angry, and Wano has clearly showed up that the final gear form is going to be in the development! Which will be released on Laughtale against Blackbeard, because the high frequency trembles can easily break Luffy with his awakened Malleabilities too! And Gear 5th is going to be a whole new level which will definitely competes with Whitebeard's DF!

I'm just telling you that Gear 5th is going to be like the lovechild of Bruce Banner & Kamala Khan (Hulk x Ms Marvel). And what does that mean? Luffy can change his size into a 56m-Tall-Giant without any air blow! Because the Neural System (MAIN system) will trigger all those main body systems. In other words: Luffy will pump 1000x more blood and presses 2x more air into his body altogether! It's a biological fact, because when a normal human starts raging or getting angry af, the Neurons are sending the signs into the human body. Like your limbs are about to start shaking from the huge amount of nerves, your pulse rate is going out of the window, and you're taking the breath 2x faster. While a lot of sweat is used to be going out of your body as a side-effect! See?

So that's why Gear 5th will be released on Laughtale.

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
On a side note what are your predictions for straw hats vs BB match-ups ?
Mine personally-
Luffy vs BB
Grandmaster-senpai vs Aokiji
Judge’s Son vs Shiryu
Jinbe vs Burgess
Nami vs Lafitte
Robin vs Catarina Devon
Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Usopp vs Van Augur
Chopper vs Doc Q
Yamato vs Pizzaro
Carrot vs 10th Titanic Captain

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke Beifong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Reading the last chapter I remembered this thread I made so long ago and I still think about this matchups. The only thing I think that can be different is Zoro and Sanji matchup that can be inverted. Avalo turning into an island and Shillew turning into a invisible man… Sounds like a chance you know?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Reading the last chapter I remembered this thread I made so long ago and I still think about this matchups. The only thing I think that can be different is Zoro and Sanji matchup that can be inverted. Avalo turning into an island and Shillew turning into a invisible man… Sounds like a chance you know?
To me that feels like a chance for oda to showcase Sanji and zoro is reversed matchups so to speak. As in, how Sanji would tackle pica and how zoro would tackle absalon (but significantly powered up). Maybe both of this will work to get sanji and zoro their final haki power ups? Specially zoro since his observation haki seems about average but seemingly lacks advanced versions. Meanwhile mihawk went toe to toe with shanks even while shanks seems to have insanely good observation haki.