Discussion - The Four Knights of The Apocalypse Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Four Knights of The Apocalypse Thread

Who are your favorites Knights of the Apocalypse (2 votes possible)

• Percival.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Lancelot.

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Tristan.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Gawain.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Tristan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You are focusing way too much on that Annihilation power, it's not everything. Tristan is the Knight of Pestilence, it's not tied to that kind of destruction in general.
It is actually! Look, the fact that Percival is a Life Spirit has everything to do with him being the Knight of Death! It is the power of a L.S that gives Life force through Hope, and Death through Despair.
Tristan is neither like his dad nor is he like his mom, he is HIMSELF ... a Nephilim:

Annihilation is the power special to him as a Nephilim according to Gawain:

Schwarz confirmed that by calling it (Annihilation) a "Nephilim's Power"

You are focusing way too much on that Annihilation power, it's not everything.
It's Tristan's plot as a Nephilim that focuses too much on Annihilation, not me! :smile-big
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tristan is the Knight of Pestilence, it's not tied to that kind of destruction in general.
How do you know??
The term "Plague" shouldn't be limited to just diseases or epidemics. It generally means any kind of disaster inflicted on a massive scale as a Divine Punishment (Nakaba uses Biblical context and references quite often!)
If you deny this, then you have to explain how come the 10 disasters that inflicted ancient Egypt happened to be called "10 Plagues of Egypt"!

Second, even if we accept the interpretation of Plague as disease, then this doesn't change anything since the phenomenon of Annihilation is known for producing Gamma radiation which causes many lethal diseases in fact:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It is actually! Look, the fact that Percival is a Life Spirit has everything to do with him being the Knight of Death! It is the power of a L.S that gives Life force through Hope, and Death through Despair.
Tristan is neither like his dad nor is he like his mom, he is HIMSELF ... a Nephilim:

Annihilation is the power special to him as a Nephilim according to Gawain:

Schwarz confirmed that by calling it (Annihilation) a "Nephilim's Power"

It's Tristan's plot as a Nephilim that focuses too much on Annihilation, not me! :smile-big
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

How do you know??
The term "Plague" shouldn't be limited to just diseases or epidemics. It generally means any kind of disaster inflicted on a massive scale as a Divine Punishment (Nakaba uses Biblical context and references quite often!)
If you deny this, then you have to explain how come the 10 disasters that inflicted ancient Egypt happened to be called "10 Plagues of Egypt"!

Second, even if we accept the interpretation of Plague as disease, then this doesn't change anything since the phenomenon of Annihilation is known for producing Gamma radiation which causes many lethal diseases in fact:
This is a case by case thing. Percival's attributes which make of him the Knight of Death don't apply to the others the same way.

I said that Pestilence isn't about that kind of destruction in general and it's true. You are talking about it as if it was a sci-fi series or had heavy elements from these kind of series. Nakaba isn't going to suddenly focus on science so heavily for his case only.

Tristan is a Nephilim and he has that Annihilation technique but that's not all there is to him and it's certainly not the foundation of everything. Pretty much all of his techniques are sky/stars themed and his actual Magic is named Nova, not Annihilation. He has a stars theme just like Lancelot and Gawain have a moon and sun theme respectively.

For Gawain I can see a link between the sun and Famine, there is her personality to consider as well, but how are stars and the moon linked to Pestilence and War? They aren't. Unless if you want to try really hard to find the slightest link, which isn't how Nakaba operates.

Each of them simply have several elements which are part of their characters. For that destruction that you are talking about the Death or War title would be more fitting, but he is neither.

The destructive side of him is more in line with his demonic nature which he inherited from Meliodas, not his title of Knight of Pestilence.

Last edited:

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Bro is talking about thermodynamics when they have not even invented the blunderbus yet

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Bro is talking about thermodynamics when they have not even invented the blunderbus yet
Oh really! Thanks goodness we had @Vortigern and many other fans (in Reddit) refer to this point of (Annihilation in Physics) before I did!

The idea is very simple. We've seen how the collision of Light & Darkness in Tristan's case resulted in Destruction. And I assumed that there is a high chance that if Tristan can bring his Light & Dark power to harmony, they could result in the opposite: something like Reconstruction / Creation.
Is this far-fetched or baseless? Absolutely not!
We've seen Arthur who harnesses the power of Chaos (aka an entity of Darkness & Light) Annihilated parts of Britannia and using them to "build /create) in Camelot. The same feat he used when he visited Liones last time using the debris from the destroyed ground and houses to create stairs:
This is in principle what the "power of Stars" in NnT: Origin did ... no? :cheez

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not sure if talking about the respective platoons would warrant a whole new thread since they are kinda attachments to the 4KotA, so i'll just post my thoughts here:

With the recent introduction of Bors as a new character and the current goings-on with Myrtle in the fairy king forest, do you think these characters might permanently join the good guys as well as Nakaba bringing in even more "side characters" like these until there are enough assembled for Gawain and Lancelot to have their own platoons as well? Also, there is still the empty spot Jade left in the Tristan platoon that I reckon will eventually filled up as well.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't see Lancelot or Gawain getting a platoon. Lancelot is probably not interested and Gawain would probably only be willing to lead a group of female knights or something.

I'd say Percival and Tristan to a lesser extent are people who attract others with their personalities while Lancelot and Gawain are more introverted and don't want to bother with stuff like this. Perhaps Nakaba took this into account and that's why he put the emphasis on Percival-Lancelot and Tristan-Gawain as duos among the KoAs.

I still believe that Jade will probably be replaced by Dreydrin.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't see Lancelot or Gawain getting a platoon. Lancelot is probably not interested and Gawain would probably only be willing to lead a group of female knights or something.

I'd say Percival and Tristan to a lesser extent are people who attract others with their personalities while Lancelot and Gawain are more introverted and don't want to bother with stuff like this. Perhaps Nakaba took this into account and that's why he put the emphasis on Percival-Lancelot and Tristan-Gawain as duos among the KoAs.

I still believe that Jade will probably be replaced by Dreydrin.
Lancelot I am not sure about. Lancelot certainly doesn't want a fanboy/girl squad and he doesn't suffer fools. He does however like to have friends. If he met people he would genuinely click with, I think he would be fine if they followed him. He might be the current top dog among the KotA but he doesn't really advertise it. He is super chill about how far ahead he is and doesn't brag. So he isn't out with the need of constant attention or evaluation, he's just fine having people who like him for who he is, he doesn't want or need worshippers. Just some genuine friends.

Gawain was mostly acting aloof, somewhat secretive and also a bit isolationist at first but recently she has begun to open up to the idea of other people genuinely liking her as a friend and she also begins to like other people more. There is still hope for her to be alright. Her squad doesn't necessarily have to be all female either because she obviously respects capable and strong people. As long as she is seen as the boss woman here I think she'd be fine.

Dreydrin joining would be something I'd love to see as well.

Last edited:

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not sure if talking about the respective platoons would warrant a whole new thread since they are kinda attachments to the 4KotA, so i'll just post my thoughts here:

With the recent introduction of Bors as a new character and the current goings-on with Myrtle in the fairy king forest, do you think these characters might permanently join the good guys as well as Nakaba bringing in even more "side characters" like these until there are enough assembled for Gawain and Lancelot to have their own platoons as well? Also, there is still the empty spot Jade left in the Tristan platoon that I reckon will eventually filled up as well.
FOUR teams of FOUR, led by the FOUR knights, that's to be expected from Nakaba tbh!

So you think only of who joins them, but what about another major loss? Percy, Anne, Nascien is still a problematic triangle. The death flag is still there. It can even be tied to the problem of where to find and how to contact Percy's soul. Not sure about it, but won't rule it out either.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
FOUR teams of FOUR, led by the FOUR knights, that's to be expected from Nakaba tbh!

So you think only of who joins them, but what about another major loss? Percy, Anne, Nascien is still a problematic triangle. The death flag is still there. It can even be tied to the problem of where to find and how to contact Percy's soul. Not sure about it, but won't rule it out either.
I don't see another impactful loss like that, at least not with the already introduced platoon members. They are all too cemented into the story now, especially post timeskip.