Discussion - The Inherited Will | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Inherited Will

How does this theory sound to you?

• Total voters

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Re: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

You're right, I also realized I have to have sounded quite stupid... the Grand Line being an actual "line" was certainly shown at some points... guess I just couldn't imagine them traveling on what looks like a giant river rather than the open sea... the "feel" is so different.

Also, I've never bothered re-reading the whole story, so the time when they entered the Grand Line is like 10 years ago for me. xD
Even before they went to the New World (they probably explained it again there), is already a few years ago now... but the problem is probably just that I suck at geography and navigation. *some kind of rl Zoro*

There being no map in the story is a good excuse, but still, it's hard to imagine what a landscape looks like without a picture. @__@
I have found some manga images that give a good idea of what the One Piece world looks like:

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany

The world also has massive/continent sized islands, if one can trust the pictures from the artbooks.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Given what I assume about the manga, I don't think there'll be gold or as much gold as I think. Rather, the One Piece will have the history of the world and other stuff that will help us learn more about the world and what happened. Luffy finally finding the One PIece probably won't be the end of the manga, they will probably do more that will change the future for the better. However, Luffy, Franky, and Robin, possibly Usopp, will not have a chance of achieving their dreams until they get to Raftel and in Luffy's case, probably until he beats the government and Celestial Dragons.

From what Rayleigh says, we know that the Void Century has had horrible things happen in it, probably why the government has banned anyone from learning about that century. They don't want people to look at them in a bad light.

jamarTheDem

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't agree . Please watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOXKEeC_-Y it seems that the one piece won't be the growth of your heart or anything like the history of the world . Clearly Oda want something on a higher scale then simply gold or Jewelry .

Also I agree I mean they even burned down & killed innocent people on the island Robin was born on to keep the secret hidden . Whatever happen though the Void Century most of tragic the first pirate age .

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany

There is no need to watch his annoying or any reviewers videos.

Oda: Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?
Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?
Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Unless Oda made the video or had something to do with it, I'm not gonna watch it. I'm sure the One Piece will be something like that, given the themes of this manga and the kind of crew the Jolly Rogers pirates were. There's a chance they hid the complete information of the Void Century in Raftel because of how horrific it is, and so pirates can experience the world first before they learn about the past.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think there will be gold, some amount of it that will act as a distraction to some of them, like Buggy for instance... the final search would be a race IMO

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Those who reach Raftel have far bigger needs than one or two treasure chests of gold...

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

I don't agree . Please watch this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOXKEeC_-Y it seems that the one piece won't be the growth of your heart or anything like the history of the world . Clearly Oda want something on a higher scale then simply gold or Jewelry .
I feel sad for this guy whenever I see his room...

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

Given what I assume about the manga, I don't think there'll be gold or as much gold as I think. Rather, the One Piece will have the history of the world and other stuff that will help us learn more about the world and what happened.
We do have evidence that One Piece is the Void Century. Whitebeard mentioned that Sengoku was scared of One Piece being found. The only image of Raftel we have looks a lot like the Ancient Kingdom. And this page.

On the other hand... if we look at the conversation with Rayleigh, it is clear that One Piece is not the Void Century. Rayleigh said he was not going to tell what the One Piece is, yet he did say they recovered the history of the Void Century.

Luffy finally finding the One PIece probably won't be the end of the manga, they will probably do more that will change the future for the better. However, Luffy, Franky, and Robin, possibly Usopp, will not have a chance of achieving their dreams until they get to Raftel and in Luffy's case, probably until he beats the government and Celestial Dragons.
We can predict that there will be a journey back after reaching Raftel because the One Piece series is based on some sort of epic story that always have a journey back in the end.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

But, I'm saying information on the Void Century is part of One Piece, not that it makes up One Piece. There can still be gold and other stuff, and the information could just be more of Rogers or his crew's thoughts.

There probably will be, or there will be a timeskip. However, I can see the manga continuing after One Piece if there is more to do, like changing or taking down the government or really establishing freedom for Luffy and his crew. Hell, there could be a stronger enemy lying in wait that could take arcs to beat.

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

I never said ANY of you guys had to watch it, that optional . I was just trying to prove the point what Oda said the One Piece isn't . Now I'm currently looking for any subbed interviews or written interview of Oda saying such information so "freely" . Till then I can only watch and speculate like any other viewer of such a video . If the One Piece is gold or treasure GREAT I'll take anything over a spiritual bonding message .

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

I never said ANY of you guys had to watch it, that optional . I was just trying to prove the point what Oda said the One Piece isn't . Now I'm currently looking for any subbed interviews or written interview of Oda saying such information so "freely" . Till then I can only watch and speculate like any other viewer of such a video . If the One Piece is gold or treasure GREAT I'll take anything over a spiritual bonding message .

Tbh it would be very stupid if OP is just the history of the void century, so that much is obvious
And I don't believe there's only gold there either, wouldn't be surprised if one of the weapons is there... Or the origin of the DF ? I mean something huge gotta be there besides the history

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

Tbh it would be very stupid if OP is just the history of the void century, so that much is obvious
And I don't believe there's only gold there either, wouldn't be surprised if one of the weapons is there... Or the origin of the DF ? I mean something huge gotta be there besides the history
That's what I was thinking too...but it has to me AMAZING because if a evil scientist like Caesar can recreate DF with SMILE it kinda put the origin of Devil Fruits at such a low stander . One Piece, to me needs to be a one time discovery or knowledge . As of now its currently said that the VC (Void Century) is just knowledge the Roger pirates heard along the way, it has nothing to do with One Piece . It most not be that bad if Roger still was driven to find One Piece am I right ?

Anduren

Reaction score
Country
United States

As of now its currently said that the VC (Void Century) is just knowledge the Roger pirates heard along the way, it has nothing to do with One Piece . It most not be that bad if Roger still was driven to find One Piece am I right ?
Actually, based on Whitebeard's last words, finding One Piece has a LOT to do with the void century. There's no other reason I can think of for why the government is so against people looking for it unless its some super weapon that can be a threat to them (which was the excuse they were using in the 1st place but we found that not to be true). So the other reason involved the true history that Robin is looking for.

Also, Roger wasn't driven to find One Piece as far as I know. He just wanted to conquer the Grand Line. All we're told is that by the time he did, he was called "Pirate King" and he obtained something called One Piece of which the location people questioned him of at his execution. We're also told (indirectly I guess) that the one who obtains it also gains "wealth, fame, and power" and that finding One Piece has a lot to do with inherited will and the dreams of people (more specifically the desire to be free).

I guess if we knew what One Piece was already, a large part of the romance of this story will be watered down by the time we reach the end.

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

Actually, based on Whitebeard's last words, finding One Piece has a LOT to do with the void century. There's no other reason I can think of for why the government is so against people looking for it unless its some super weapon that can be a threat to them (which was the excuse they were using in the 1st place but we found that not to be true). So the other reason involved the true history that Robin is looking for.

Also, Roger wasn't driven to find One Piece as far as I know. He just wanted to conquer the Grand Line. All we're told is that by the time he did, he was called "Pirate King" and he obtained something called One Piece of which the location people questioned him of at his execution. We're also told (indirectly I guess) that the one who obtains it also gains "wealth, fame, and power" and that finding One Piece has a lot to do with inherited will and the dreams of people (more specifically the desire to be free).

I guess if we knew what One Piece was already, a large part of the romance of this story will be watered down by the time we reach the end.
I was actually going off of Rayleigh words when I said that the Void Century was information the Roger Pirates discovered while looking for One Piece . I'm pretty sure the Goal of Gol.D Roger was to discover treasure, have fun, travel the world, discover new places and all in all be "Free" . If the Void Century was bad (which I'm not say it is or isn't) I'm pretty sure Rogers could of easily spread the word of it's even essence . I'm pretty sure whatever it is, for both parties, it was best to keep secret . The Roger pirates are the only pirate group to reach One Piece and it's island which is correct BUT information on the Void Century could still be spread among the world, which could mean plenty of older pirates could have such knowledge of part of the world's truth under there belts.

mariofelix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria

Hi folks, I most certainly dont want to play smartass, but am I the only one observing some parallells between One Piece and Zelda?

What about Blackbeard having already Uranus, allowing him to combine multiple devil fruit powers. Something I consider a massive power in the One Piece universe....

Furthermore Oda has been inspired by other mangas, for instance Dragonball Z. This whole 3 ancient weapons greatly reminds me of the Triforce of the Zelda games on the NES...
1.) The first Triforce belongs to princess Zelda (Shirahoshi.. wow what a surprise..)
2.) The second Triforce belongs to Ganongdorf (Blackbeard... whoooop)
3.) The last Triforce is in possession of the young hero, Link (in out case Luffy who wil find the ship, thanks to Robin who read the Polneglyph and in a moment of great danger will probably seek the urge to go after that ship or sthg... still havent figured that stuff out yet...

I mean someone wrote that Luffy will gather all the three weapons and challenge the world government, but I think Blackbeard is the main anthagonist after killing Luffys brother... I think Blackbeard would rather attack the world government to show off with his power than would Luffy.

What do you think?

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

What I also believe is that Raftel lies somewhere within the calm belt... where no one can get.. except for sea kings... and that was only possible with poseidon / help of the sea kings. Probably needed to have a very strong ship bla bla.. thats when pluton entered the game...

I dont think the mountain will vanish.. even the guy from the colloseum could split a mountain with his head... you dont need ancient weapons to do so.

Meanwhile I think there might be 6 D. families in the future... One for every single moon in the OnePiece world...
Moon People came up with that mighty ship
Sea people came up with Poseidon
And Earthlings with the devil fruits... thats why vegapunk can clone them actually... he might have found blue prints or whatsoever...

They finally wont be fighting the world government but beat akainu and some other rotten individuals... still think Blackbeard will try to conquer the world and defeat lots of them and have a final fight with luffy D. vs. D.

Last edited:

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hi folks, I most certainly dont want to play smartass, but am I the only one observing some parallells between One Piece and Zelda?

What about Blackbeard having already Uranus, allowing him to combine multiple devil fruit powers. Something I consider a massive power in the One Piece universe....

Furthermore Oda has been inspired by other mangas, for instance Dragonball Z. This whole 3 ancient weapons greatly reminds me of the Triforce of the Zelda games on the NES...
1.) The first Triforce belongs to princess Zelda (Shirahoshi.. wow what a surprise..)
2.) The second Triforce belongs to Ganongdorf (Blackbeard... whoooop)
3.) The last Triforce is in possession of the young hero, Link (in out case Luffy who wil find the ship, thanks to Robin who read the Polneglyph and in a moment of great danger will probably seek the urge to go after that ship or sthg... still havent figured that stuff out yet...

I mean someone wrote that Luffy will gather all the three weapons and challenge the world government, but I think Blackbeard is the main anthagonist after killing Luffys brother... I think Blackbeard would rather attack the world government to show off with his power than would Luffy.

What do you think?

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

What I also believe is that Raftel lies somewhere within the calm belt... where no one can get.. except for sea kings... and that was only possible with poseidon / help of the sea kings. Probably needed to have a very strong ship bla bla.. thats when pluton entered the game...

I dont think the mountain will vanish.. even the guy from the colloseum could split a mountain with his head... you dont need ancient weapons to do so.

Meanwhile I think there might be 6 D. families in the future... One for every single moon in the OnePiece world...
Moon People came up with that mighty ship
Sea people came up with Poseidon
And Earthlings with the devil fruits... thats why vegapunk can clone them actually... he might have found blue prints or whatsoever...

The finally wont be fighting the world government but beat akainu and some other rotten individuals... still think Blackbeard will try to conquer the world and defeat lots of them and have a final fight with luffy D. vs. D.
Not a bad theory, actually it's a great theory . So I can agree with Zelda being a big part of the ancient weapon development . But I don't agree with Blackbeard having the Last Ancient weapon, why would the last ancient weapon give you the ability to suck up more than one devil fruit ability ? Does that mean that Blackbeard is The Kirby of One Piece ? If anything chances are at one point in time he either was "experimented" on since young or ate a DF that allowed him to hold more then one ability in his body . Also chances are Dragon has the last weapon and the exact information on the VC (void century) that's most likely the reason he's the most wanted man in the world .

I agree Raftel idea but we won't know for 10 years :-_-

Who created the last ancient weapon ? If you look at devil fruits could be considered a ancient weapons , well the first DF can . Who what is this weapon Blackbeard has with him ?

suraj5898

Reaction score
Country
India

I was actually going off of Rayleigh words when I said that the Void Century was information the Roger Pirates discovered while looking for One Piece . I'm pretty sure the Goal of Gol.D Roger was to discover treasure, have fun, travel the world, discover new places and all in all be "Free" . If the Void Century was bad (which I'm not say it is or isn't) I'm pretty sure Rogers could of easily spread the word of it's even essence . I'm pretty sure whatever it is, for both parties, it was best to keep secret . The Roger pirates are the only pirate group to reach One Piece and it's island which is correct BUT information on the Void Century could still be spread among the world, which could mean plenty of older pirates could have such knowledge of part of the world's truth under there belts.
we know Gol.D Roger was waiting for someone and he is luffy. so if he dont have df with power to see future he got that information from prophecy write in Void Century past. even if he didnt tell what is one piece he told everyone about were it is so one could find it

roger told WB were One Piece is and what is it

i think dragon also reach Raftel.

mariofelix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria

Not a bad theory, actually it's a great theory . So I can agree with Zelda being a big part of the ancient weapon development . But I don't agree with Blackbeard having the Last Ancient weapon, why would the last ancient weapon give you the ability to suck up more than one devil fruit ability ? Does that mean that Blackbeard is The Kirby of One Piece ? If anything chances are at one point in time he either was "experimented" on since young or ate a DF that allowed him to hold more then one ability in his body . Also chances are Dragon has the last weapon and the exact information on the VC (void century) that's most likely the reason he's the most wanted man in the world .

I agree Raftel idea but we won't know for 10 years :-_-

Who created the last ancient weapon ? If you look at devil fruits could be considered a ancient weapons , well the first DF can . Who what is this weapon Blackbeard has with him ?

Thanks jamarTheDem, as I wrote before its just random thoughts not an actually theory :)
Well, Blackbeard already possesses a great amount of knowledge about how the world works (e.g. He managed to take down Whitebeard, unite more devil fruit abilities, etc.). Why would it seem unlikely that he possesses the third weapon. I mean Shirahoshi isnt what I would call a weapon eather. Its rather an ABILITY. His body structure is strange. Whats strange about shirahoshi... Sea kings obey her without any reason? The initial weapons are the seakings and they are just being controlled.
Furthermore Blackbeard possesses an ability no one else has: to steal devil fruit powers...
Well, for me it doesnt seem that unlikely. In Comparison to Shirahoshi, BB uses the DF as weapons... and imagine if someone can control up to 100 abilities... switching among them if in need and nullifying the abilties of others :)
Controlling the weather is a bit off-limits I think. And another canon/ship would overlap with the idea of Poseidon.
Imagine: You being a weapon (merging many DF abilites), having a huge war ship and controlling an army of sea monsters. Seems legit to me...

If Dragon had an ancient weapon he might have used it already or made his move somehow. Or he has the instrument and no way to use it (doesnt speak the old forgotten language). But then he met Robin and she could have translated it by now... So that case hinges.

Destroying a mountain would be far too low, Whitebeard could have done it. Even the old guy from the coloseum who could split a mountain with his head could have done it...

Give me your thoughts on that :)

Last edited: