Discussion - The Inherited Will | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Inherited Will

How does this theory sound to you?

• Total voters

jamarTheDem

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The Inherited Will, "One Piece"

Thanks jamarTheDem, as I wrote before its just random thoughts not an actually theory :)
Well, Blackbeard already possesses a great amount of knowledge about how the world works (e.g. He managed to take down Whitebeard, unite more devil fruit abilities, etc.). Why would it seem unlikely that he possesses the third weapon. I mean Shirahoshi isnt what I would call a weapon eather. Its rather an ABILITY. His body structure is strange. Whats strange about shirahoshi... Sea kings obey her without any reason? The initial weapons are the seakings and they are just being controlled.
Furthermore Blackbeard possesses an ability no one else has: to steal devil fruit powers...
Well, for me it doesnt seem that unlikely. In Comparison to Shirahoshi, BB uses the DF as weapons... and imagine if someone can control up to 100 abilities... switching among them if in need and nullifying the abilties of others :)
Controlling the weather is a bit off-limits I think. And another canon/ship would overlap with the idea of Poseidon.
Imagine: You being a weapon (merging many DF abilites), having a huge war ship and controlling an army of sea monsters. Seems legit to me...

If Dragon had an ancient weapon he might have used it already or made his move somehow. Or he has the instrument and no way to use it (doesnt speak the old forgotten language). But then he met Robin and she could have translated it by now... So that case hinges.

Destroying a mountain would be far too low, Whitebeard could have done it. Even the old guy from the coloseum who could split a mountain with his head could have done it...

Give me your thoughts on that :)
Well when it comes down to him taking down Whitebeard you have to take in account his condition . He was already sickly and elderly (always seen with multiple nurses, breathing tools and IVs) . Also he was badly injure throughout the war before Blackbeard showed up . Blackbeard took the golden opportunity he was giving (to kill and steal WB powers) while the old man was on his last legs, it looks to me instead of having the "last weapon" he's just a very smart opportunist . :blackbeard

About the Ancient Weapons one thing I never understood is how can some be "man made" while others are born with these abilities:

Pluton - a man made HUGE warship with the possibilities of destroying entire island causing mass destruction .

Poseidon - a mermaid with the ability to communicate and call on Seakings . Shirahoshi inherited this ability .

Uranus - no information on it . But "Uranus" means personification of sky, the father of all Titans, and the grandfather of the first 6 Olympian gods . From this information this seems like their talking about "Giant" or the King or all Giants . (Just a guess though) :tem

It doesn't seem that Blackbeard can steal a 100 abilities if anything it seems that he can only steal one other ability . If anything Don't you think he would steal Ace's Devil Fruit while he had the chance ? It seemed he waited till one of the strongest Devil Fruit users were at his weakest to take it . Once against a smart opportunist . That could also be the reason he even joined the Whitebeard pirates in the first place . Shanks said that Blackbeard body structure was weird what we don't know was this "after" Tech ate the Dark Dark Fruit or beforehand . Shanks did get 3 cuts on his left eye after they faught, it's possible just like Luffy after Tech ate his stolen Devil Fruit his body became weird . The Yami Yami fruit once sucked up Ace's power temporary so that's where I think his Kirby ability comes from .

Also I guess Dragon had the Uranus or atlease to key to active it . If my theory is right then Uranus is a gigantic "giant" who can control multiply giant . Those frozen giants on Punk Hazard could be some of the sleeping ones waiting to be awaken . That would give the government plenty of reasons (plus the Void Century truth) to deem Dragon the most wanted man in the world . It wouldn't be surprising if the pluton blueprints were copy either .

Tell me what you think :^_^

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

The only mistery is how Teach can consume two Devil Fruit and not explode. But the way Marco spoke sounded like something unique to him, not the Yami Yami no Mi.

How he took Whitebeard's ability is not such a mistery I think. Doesn't he just needed a apple in his pocket that would then turn in the new Gura Gura no Mi? He could have covered it simply because almost nobody know this.

Zeta42

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine

When Franky showed Lucci and Kaku Pluton's blueprints, they looked shocked. I know this is Mass Effect's influence speaking in me, but what if Pluton is a gigantic flying battleship that looks like a living creature?

mariofelix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Austria

What makes you think the devil fruit must reappear NEXT to the person who dies.
The one fruit shown in the series must not be taken for an absolute rule I think.
I am also wondering where Doflamingo got Aces DF...

Zeta42

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine

What makes you think the devil fruit must reappear NEXT to the person who dies.
The one fruit shown in the series must not be taken for an absolute rule I think.
I am also wondering where Doflamingo got Aces DF...
It wasn't clarified, but it seems the DF power travels to the nearest fruit in vicinity. Or maybe it has to be a compatible fruit. (For example: Kaku's DF looked like a banana, so it can only respawn in another banana.)

Depending on how long Caesar had been studying DFs and producing SAD, Doflamingo may have known about their rebirth cycle. So he could've just brought an apple/orange/whatever to Marineford, knowing that Ace would die.

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

It wasn't clarified, but it seems the DF power travels to the nearest fruit in vicinity. Or maybe it has to be a compatible fruit. (For example: Kaku's DF looked like a banana, so it can only respawn in another banana.)

Depending on how long Caesar had been studying DFs and producing SAD, Doflamingo may have known about their rebirth cycle. So he could've just brought an apple/orange/whatever to Marineford, knowing that Ace would die.
That's possible . Maybe Doflamingo had somebody waiting on a battleship or something with a basket of fruits .

mariofelix

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Think that would too much of a strech..

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

Think that would too much of a strech..
I'm not understand what would be a "stretch" in your eyes ?

mariofelix

Reaction score
Country
Austria

Probably Oda didnt reveal lots of facts so we cannot really draw a conclusion based on the facts already presented, unfortunately..

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Tbh it would be very stupid if OP is just the history of the void century, so that much is obvious
And I don't believe there's only gold there either, wouldn't be surprised if one of the weapons is there... Or the origin of the DF ? I mean something huge gotta be there besides the history
I don't think anyone said One Piece only consisted of information on the void century, but that the information was part of the treasure. We'll likely see a lot of important stuff, or if Oda wants to, a way to get to those important stuff.

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't think anyone said One Piece only consisted of information on the void century, but that the information was part of the treasure. We'll likely see a lot of important stuff, or if Oda wants to, a way to get to those important stuff.
But Roger and his crew learnt about the VC (Void Century) before they made it to Raftel...well that's what Rayleigh said .

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Sea Kings, a ship and a flying machine:

To be completely honest this title page really don't give us enough information to go . It seems this gives hints and that's all .

mariofelix

Reaction score
Country
Austria

We dont even know if this image has anything to do with the void century at all!

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

It was relevant at that point of time though - Enel's. :)

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

It was relevant at that point of time though - Enel's. :)
Enel is probably as strong as a Admiral tbh he was just unlucky to meet a Rubber man like Luffy . :teehee but it does seem that the picture means something I'm not positive but Oda always over our heads .

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

I believed that Enel was strong and might even be at the level of an Admiral. But I have not thought of him as evil. He might have obstinately believed that he was god and thus exercising such authority or duties of being one. It was actually a good thing that he met Luffy and crew, especially Robin's knowledge of the golden city which impressed him a lot. The encounter with Luffy which he considered as a threat, however, gave him the opportunity to recognise not just his own strength but also his weaknesses.

The picture above may be a hint or clue or even a small fragment of what is to come which has not come yet (whatever it may be). :)

jamarTheDem

Reaction score
Country
United States

I believed that Enel was strong and might even be at the level of an Admiral. But I have not thought of him as evil. He might have obstinately believed that he was god and thus exercising such authority or duties of being one. It was actually a good thing that he met Luffy and crew, especially Robin's knowledge of the golden city which impressed him a lot. The encounter with Luffy which he considered as a threat, however, gave him the opportunity to recognise not just his own strength but also his weaknesses.

The picture above may be a hint or clue or even a small fragment of what is to come which has not come yet (whatever it may be). :)
Agreed he never seemed like a evil guy more, like you said, a leader or god playing his position . Hopefully Luffy and Enel can become friends of sorts .

Exactly we can guess this picture was made on the Moon that really all I know .

Biloon

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Maybe GolD Roger's "Man's dream, Flow of time, Inherited Will" choice of word are not from his own thought. Maybe it comes from a proverb written by the old kingdom... Does this sound pausible?

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

I read this theory really late but its well detailed and plausible. Most things seem to support this as well.

Llawnroc

Reaction score
Country
United States

I liked your theory so i wanted to share.
1. Luffy did destroy Fishman Island, it was Noah. Noah was built for the Fishmen, and to be Towed buy sea Kings chap. 638 page 2, you will see it size..
2. One Piece has already been explained by robin in chapter 301 page 14. the Rio phoneglyph is the same as One Piece. (also Monkey D. Dragon asked Robin to come to him probably to decipher the phoneglyphes hes uncovered, or maybe he already had One Piece, unknown)
3. I have My ideas as to All blue.. which i think will shock you.. so wont tell. However I think your idea of blowing up the poles AKA Reverse Mountain and the one above Fishman Island is possible..I thought about it a few time.. but overall i think its unlikely.
4. One Piece was placed on Raftel because it is incredibly hard to get to. making only the strong worthy of gaining its knowledge.. but since no one can read it except Robin (that we know of)..even the strong who are looking for that great treasure... wont know what it is...and even if they did, they couldn't understand it. I believe this is Why crocodile attacked Robin when she wouldn't tell him what he(possibly she, but that's another story) knew was there.
5. I believe the inherited Will is just a way of thinking. but it could be deeper than that... I personally think Gol D. Roger learned exactly what it is through the Phoneglyphs..and I think that it is, passionate souls Reincarnate.. just like the Devil Fruits. Also, I personally think that roger's sickness was of the Heart.. He lost the Love of his Life, but HAD to complete One Piece.. before he would give up his life, he did just that.
a. Reyleigh Maybe be waiting on Sarbody exactly for your theory.. waiting for one to come and blow up that part of the Red Line?
6.Flip-side. The marines Are actually the good guys try to keep the populace of the world as a whole safe. But not every marine is a "good guy" I.E. Vergo and Akainu. Roger might also have given himself up to them because he wanted them to retain a strong image for the populace.
a. from every clip of him walking to the platform...he never once seemed like he had something up his sleeve...someone ASKED him about HIS treasure, since he was after all GOLD roger, the PIRATE KING...surely they thought he has massive amounts of gold somewhere..he gave them the honest answer.
7. I liked a theory I heard of Monkey D. Dragon being the 4th Admiral (light, magma, Ice, then Wind)
8. One Piece has soo many ties to the Real World it's to great. Ancient weapons being Atom bombs... Older generation's idea of complete suppression of the populace... Ancient history being covered up aka pyramids, giants, huge stone constructions, all of which is/was real. all presented as a fictional story, full of romance and adventure and action.. Keep it coming Oda!

Last edited: