Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Which character, not in the tournament, should have been?

• Acnologia (human only)

• A GMG dragon

• Zeref with no restrictions

• Mavis

• Hades with Heart

• Ichiya

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hmmmm, after all that tournament drama, I kinda feel that Domus threads are lackluster in comparison. :oh

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If the tournament was canon, who would have the better feats? (using the votes as difficulties here)

August:
Stomps Erza, Stomps God Serena (who low diffed Sting), Low-Mid diffs Natsu (who tied with Gildarts)

Irene:
Stomps Gajeel, Stomps DiMaria, Mid diffs both Zeref (who mid-high diffs Laxus) and Gildarts (who mid diffs Jellal) simultaneously

:derp
Why is this a question? Clearly August would have the better feats, beating two of the biggest ass-pull characters ever. We're talking about the woman who fucking broke apart a meteor DESPITE having nearly all bones in her body broken, and we're talking about the man who was ass-pulled back to being healed because some girl could edit his goddamn book. WHAT DO IRENE'S OPPONENTS HAVE??!?!?!?! Zeref who got wiped out by base Natsu's base attack, DiMaria who nearly got destroyed by partial END, and Gildarts.

DO YOU EVEN FT?

In response to the poll, I voted Other.

It would have been nice if Igneel was one of the characters in this tournament. He would have done quite well in my opinion, namely against people like Irene, Zeref, and August.

I couldn't care less for the Spriggans in this tournament, let alone Acnologia who is currently a massive disappointment.

If we want to see a real dragon in action, Igneel would probably be the best choice since he has the most feats out of all the other parent dragons.

Plus, we could finally have a damn dragon that can show Irene what a "Dragon King" really looks like.

I wouldn't mind if we had top-tier Tartaros members in the tournament either: Mard Geer & Silver

Personally, I think they would perform better than many of the fodder Spriggans and Alvarez Arc Characters.

Silver was hyped to be END's killer and went easy on Gray in Tartaros. There is a good chance his Ice DeS powers can put up quite a performance in this tournament.

Mard Geer is the leader of Tartaros and required a combined assault of DeS Gray & DF Natsu to take him down. Not to mention, he has Memento Mori... so I would also consider this choice as an obvious one.

I would have a lot more fun arguing on Igneel, Mard Geer, or Silver's behalf... to be perfectly honest with you.

I'm tired of defending these lame Spriggans. I have absolutely no interest in exaggerating their failed powers.
Igneel would have made it to the finals, no doubt. If he and Acnologia were in it, it'd have been him vs. Acnologia, and Igneel might have won given nearly-dead Igneel gave Acno trouble. Would have been boring until the finals though, much like the NBA finals these past few years. <_<
Congrats to all August fans for winning Fairy Tails popularity tournament 2017!!!!!! :super (Not salty at all :blush)

Anyways GG everyone,the discussions were fun mostly :XD :verily
To be fair, most of these contests are popularity tournaments. It's how Natsu advanced so far and won last year's. Though this year, it doesn't seem like a popularity contest otherwise August wouldn't have beaten Natsu.
Hmmmm, after all that tournament drama, I kinda feel that Domus threads are lackluster in comparison. :oh
This is why FT section will never reach Naruto section's heights of fun. Konohagakure Arena would have been even worse and more violent after the tournament. There's no reason why Domus threads should be soft, especially after August beating Natsu and Irene, and whatever else fights we're all butthurt about. ARGUE WITH FIERY PASSION THERE! Turn it into MH War III!

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Clearly August would have the better feats, beating two of the biggest ass-pull characters ever.
Hmm, but in the tournament, were people giving Erza/Natsu asspulls? If so they should've been in the final :derp Hiro defs would've made them the final

Turn it into MH War III!
No no, we're fine without Naruto-level hostilities tyvm. Prefer it tame, like the Alvarez arc war ;)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hmm, but in the tournament, were people giving Erza/Natsu asspulls? If so they should've been in the final :derp Hiro defs would've made them the final

No no, we're fine without Naruto-level hostilities tyvm. Prefer it tame, like the Alvarez arc war ;)
A lot of times they were, but there are other members with common sense so thankfully Erza and Natsu didn't get any further. Hiro would definitely have had Erza and Natsu face each other in the finals, with a tie because neither can finish each other off.

Tame is dull, like the Alvarez war arc. CHALLENGE YOURSELF :arf

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
52-38

This would be my headcanon from now on as a representation of the difference in power between August and Irene. Pretty close imo. I thought the gap would be bigger.

So when is the VS forums would return?