Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 621 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 621 Spoilers & Discussion

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
When Crown Clown debuted DGM was well on its way of surpassing One Piece!!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That whole arc was better than anything one piece had at that time

LaudatoSiAdAstra

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As to why Gustang, despite hearing the truth from Enkidu, decided to ignore it and simply side with Träumerei and erase their memories; I believe it is also connected to trauma. He just lost one of his long time companions and friends, and is now confronted with the possibility that it was indeed Träumerei who killed them. After already being betrayed by countless followers after they stopped climbing, and by two of their original group, Arlene and V; I guess the possiblity of yet another betrayal within this group of most trusted people was maybe too much to bear, so he chose to ignore it. Of course, as the self proclaimed 'protector and keeper of true, undistorted history', he should have investigated even the tiniest doubt concerning the murder of Ameuz, but he probably couldn't take any more psychological stress at that point.

Please don't mistake my posts as me defending the family leaders, I simply find it fascinating which dynamics that can be applied to humans in the real world as well might be at play in this manhwa.

Ignorant

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
This a Tower of God forum page please stop with the BS mangas and unhealthy authors.

Administration need to step in before is too late

Jackjohsnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
As to why Gustang, despite hearing the truth from Enkidu, decided to ignore it and simply side with Träumerei and erase their memories; I believe it is also connected to trauma. He just lost one of his long time companions and friends, and is now confronted with the possibility that it was indeed Träumerei who killed them. After already being betrayed by countless followers after they stopped climbing, and by two of their original group, Arlene and V; I guess the possiblity of yet another betrayal within this group of most trusted people was maybe too much to bear, so he chose to ignore it. Of course, as the self proclaimed 'protector and keeper of true, undistorted history', he should have investigated even the tiniest doubt concerning the murder of Ameuz, but he probably couldn't take any more psychological stress at that point.

Please don't mistake my posts as me defending the family leaders, I simply find it fascinating which dynamics that can be applied to humans in the real world as well might be at play in this manhwa.
I don't think Gustang had any genuine feelings for Ameuz or the whole situation. From Traumerei, Eduan and Gustang's conversation, while they have these memories, their feelings about these memories are gone.

Ameuz was a companion, but not on the same level as the other family leaders. Gustang's role is to preserve the truth, but he had no obligation to tell people the truth.

Justpassingbypassingby

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He become king not because of self-proclamation but because of contract. Based on Arlene's diary, that happen before she refused the marriage proposal and ran away with V.
Yeah but didn't officially announce to make many kingdom oppose it only "grace people" who oppose it as gustang tell that they are enemies, there is no mention about other kingdom too that oppose it when gustang talks about enemies.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
So there’s more power ups and fights that make main character won without logic ? Every fight luffy has won has been plain BS plus is super boring..
DGM had better characters, villains and fights! Marian Cross and Tyki Mikk should be legends rn but unfortunately the author was overwhelmed with expectations

Star builder

Reaction score
Country
Israel
so the dose this mean the orignal enikidu was the person who conscious during slim enkidu possession

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
This a Tower of God forum page please stop with the BS mangas and unhealthy authors.

Administration need to step in before is too late
What a hypocrite! Weren’t you talking about Zeref last week?!?!

CRY SOME MORE LOL

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah but didn't officially announce to make many kingdom oppose it only "grace people" who oppose it as gustang tell that they are enemies, there is no mention about other kingdom too that oppose it when gustang talks about enemies.
Still, it means Zahard become king and wage war against V and Arlene who oppose him becoming king fit to the description of the start of Genesis revealed by So-Oh.

So the war between Zahard vs V (Great War) is early part of Genesis War, you can also say it's the prelude part.

LaudatoSiAdAstra

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't think Gustang had any genuine feelings for Ameuz or the whole situation. From Traumerei, Eduan and Gustang's conversation, while they have these memories, their feelings about these memories are gone.

Ameuz was a companion, but not on the same level as the other family leaders. Gustang's role is to preserve the truth, but he had no obligation to tell people the truth.
Yet he chose to erase said truth from his own mind, which millenia later bothered him so much, that he started a war to find out what he once chose to forget. So I do believe it is possible that he, while obviously not as upset as Lee Rang, still didn't like Ameuz dying. He even confronted Träumerei and blamed him for the incident. Would he have done that if he didn't care about Ameuz at all? Their feelings along with their memories were sealed, but at the point in time where Ameuz was killed, I believe Gustang was suffering from the loss, albeit in a different manner as for example Lee Rang. And then, on top of that, he gets a hint that maybe said death was caused by someone he considers a true friend and equal, after already having been betrayed by Arlene and V... I don't know, but it is possible he chose to ignore it because of his feelings.

I agree, though, he did preserve the truth, I overlooked that detail.

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Still, it means Zahard become king and wage war against V and Arlene who oppose him becoming king fit to the description of the start of Genesis revealed by So-Oh.

So the war between Zahard vs V (Great War) is early part of Genesis War.
Read here about era of genesis that white tells to AA:

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Read here about era of genesis that white tells to AA:

That is what I meant. Turn out it was not stated by So-Oh, it was stated by White but confirmed by So-Oh.

So the Genesis is a long period beginning from Zahard become king and started war against his opponents. His first opponents are V and Arlene.

Finally, Zahard declared himself king of everyone and everything in the tower and started a war against his opponents.

For a long time after that, the tower was divided between those who supported Zahard becoming king and those who opposed it.

History refer to this period as "Genesis".
"that" here refer to Zahard declared as king and started (not finished) a war against his opponents. It means when Zahard started a war against V and Arlene (her diary reveal that Zahard had already become king before she ran away from him), it is the start of Genesis.

Last edited:

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess what Gustang says in S3ch164 makes more sense now! He’s been covering for his friends misdeeds!!!

Yes, Traum is the sociopath here but Gustang is just as liable! Gustang has probably helped to conceal many skeletons. Traum didn’t even care that Gustang was questioning Enkidu but prevented Eduan!!!

Gustang helped to promote the LIE!!!

The tower’s history is just a bunch of lies approved by Gustang!

Jackjohsnon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yet he chose to erase said truth from his own mind, which millenia later bothered him so much, that he started a war to find out what he once chose to forget. So I do believe it is possible that he, while obviously not as upset as Lee Rang, still didn't like Ameuz dying. He even confronted Träumerei and blamed him for the incident. Would he have done that if he didn't care about Ameuz at all? Their feelings along with their memories were sealed, but at the point in time where Ameuz was killed, I believe Gustang was suffering from the loss, albeit in a different manner as for example Lee Rang. And then, on top of that, he gets a hint that maybe said death was caused by someone he considers a true friend and equal, after already having been betrayed by Arlene and V... I don't know, but it is possible he chose to ignore it because of his feelings.

I agree, though, he did preserve the truth, I overlooked that detail.
Gustang's conflict is more about the reason why they stopped climbing. I don't think the book is only about Traumerei's love story. Though, I don't see SIU revealing the reason why they stopped climbing right now.

LaudatoSiAdAstra

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gustang's conflict is more about the reason why they stopped climbing. I don't think the book is only about Traumerei's love story. Though, I don't see SIU revealing the reason why they stopped climbing right now.
At least that we can agree on 100%: SIU will not reveal the most crucial information any time soon 😂 😆

Epic_Rider

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
It's not really about good and evil though. She died because she decided to rebel against Zahard and his allies. Her gory death doesn't change the fact that she was pro FUG all this time.
Except Rei didn't kill her because she sided with V and Arlene. He killed her for leaving him. If she had decided to just go her own way and side with neither of them, he still would have killed her.

That is what I meant. Turn out it was not stated by So-Oh, it was stated by White but confirmed by So-Oh.

So the Genesis is a long period beginning from Zahard become king and started war against his opponents. His first opponents are V and Arlene.

"that" here refer to Zahard declared as king and started (not finished) a war against his opponents. It means when Zahard started a war against V and Arlene (her diary reveal that Zahard had already become king before she ran away from him), it is the start of Genesis.
Except by the time Genesis started the Ten Families system was already in place and the general populace had forgotten about V and Arlene. There's a long stretch of time between the end of the Great Warriors civil war and Genesis, they're not the same time period.

Justpassingbypassingby

Reaction score
Country
Germany

"that" here refer to Zahard becoming king and started a war against his opponents. It means when Zahard as king fought a war against V, it is the start of Genesis.
There is a mention about "ranker" when white tells about genesis age, so I think enkidu or anyone on this current event that can be one of "ranker" but didn't become one is because there isn't regular system in this current event even ameuz/luslec or any random people that present on this party didn't labeled as ranker, so the start of genesis is have two factor, zahard officially declare as a king of everyone and everything on tower, and the regular system established so they who oppose declare the officially king have a rankers to oppose the declaration is start of genesis era.

Literal Potato

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
So Twitter and Facebook communities concluded that Traumerei deserves a horrible death for all the things that happened.

Do you guys think it should be the case?

I feel like there's another side of the coin that I might not understand just yet. What's the truth that Enkidu wants to convey to Traumerei then?

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Except by the time Genesis started the Ten Families system was already in place and the general populace had forgotten about V and Arlene. There's a long stretch of time between the end of the Great Warriors civil war and Genesis, they're not the same time period.
Nope, what you describe is late Genesis, not the start of Genesis.

Genesis start when Zahard declared himself as King and started a war against his opponents. This is stated by White and confirmed by So-Oh.

V and Arlene are Zahard's first opponents, the war between them happen in early Genesis. FUG started to operate after V die, which means they appear starting from middle Genesis. Meanwhile, Hidden Grove operate in late Genesis.

There is a mention about "ranker" when white tells about genesis age
Ranker was mentioned when White describe Age of Tower-Climbing which happen before Age of Genesis.

Age of Tower-Climbing is when Zahard and the FH conquer the tower and rankers began appearing.

Last edited:

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Doing something like that after being rejected and betrayed is different from doing this normally.

Anyway, the FHs have already changed enough. They aren't "good people" even in this flashback.
I didn't believe that Traumerei was the one who controlled Enkidu, but it's good to see that SIU clearly showed that he is a jerk to end this flashback. All these posts of readers acting as if we were supposed to see the FHs of this flashback as good were confusing.

If there is a good FH, then it's the exception to the rule(none so far until proof of the contrary). Now I hope I'll see less readers hoping for his survival :D.
The other FHs aren't assholes to their friends like Traumerei. Traumerei murdered the first and only woman he loved after she left him in cold blood and then gaslit his companions, blaming one of their friends for the crime.

Traumerei is an asshole to his friends; the others aren't.

I'm sure he now has a different opinion about V than what his data had.
Maybe this is how Gustang came to hate him too 🤔
And Gustang forgot that detail until now! Him and the others joined Zahard against Arlene and V, based off this lie!!!
Gustang is the one that spared Enkidu's life. The FHs wanted to kill him after the interrogation.

As far as we've seen Red Witches are all against Jahad's side.
Maybe some of them were on his side in the past.

That's probably him before he got the snake buff.
No we see a young Cobalt playing with child Traumerei in Gustang's library and he's blue.