Discussion - Unpopular Opinions | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Unpopular Opinions

Garmadooon

č‹±é›„ćƒ”ćƒ³ćƒćƒ¼ / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I agree, at least defeating the God Seeds made sense to help Natsu but Giant Gajeel against a sleeping DG sucked. Hell some people even claimed Giant Gajeel could fight Acnologia like Gildarts did šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Darklord#10

ęœ‰åäŗŗ / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Erza dick rides natsu way too much. It's fucking annoying. Happy and the exceed from elentear are the best cats in the mashima verse, frosch is annoying asf, lector I don't really give a damn about him same with lily. Carla is just a rude stuck-up bitch. Laxus is a cool guy fucking badass not more than natsu tho.
Mavis is arguably one of mashima's best piece of work. Zeref is a good character. Natsu doesn't have character development

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mehn I don't get why people like him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Suzaku and kyria are the only saving grace of Diabolos guild. Suzaku legit carried the whole guild on his back. Even though he's sucking Selene's tits now, he was the MVP for two arcs straight. He appeared three times on volume cover. Anytime suzaku is on screen he just gives sense of calm. I really like his character. The reason why people are butthurt about suzaku is that all his feats doesn't stem from POF. He's just strong
https://ibb.co/xGKNvc2 Man is built different
--- Double Post Merged, ---

There's too much simps(aka white knights) in fairy tail fandom. I don't know if it's because they just too horny but it's fucking annoying.
People that hate jellal are just jealous that he's going to bang the hime/megami Erza or sometimes people hate jellal because Erza will not be a yuri character or sometimes people hate jellal because then Erza won't be "STRONG" because she likes a guy. I have yet to see a decent reason why people don't like jellal. I don't care about Simon's death, nothing to do with jellal
Selene>>Eileen

Last edited:

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
There's too much simps(aka white knights) in fairy tail fandom. I don't know if it's because they just too horny but it's fucking annoying.
No one simps on BDSK lmfao now everyone knows they are garbage. But I find it funny that there was a "Kirin vs Igneel" thread šŸ¤­šŸ¤­

WoWfan

MHäø­ęƒ / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Giant gajeel was pointless. What did it accomplish within three minutes? Can someone share with me, I want to see your thoughts on this. Imo it just pissed the already pissed off aldo-chan
It managed to stagger Aldoron for a while, unable to move so it doesnā€™t stomp around destroying everythingl

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
No one simps on BDSK lmfao now everyone knows they are garbage. But I find it funny that there was a "Kirin vs Igneel" thread šŸ¤­šŸ¤­
i do not mean bdsk simp

FireIce

Reaction score
Country
France
Gruvia was a nice ship at first but it slowly but surely had a negative impact on both Gray and Juvia's development as characters.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Gruvia was a nice ship at first but it slowly but surely had a negative impact on both Gray and Juvia's development as characters.
It completely destroyed gray. He's no longer the same guy he once was. Gray Fullbuster is dead to me. Now we have gray fullbushit or Gray the coward

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
I never liked the Gruvia ship. Juvia and Gray's "GRAY SAMAAA" delirium rejecting her is what was wrecking the ship as early as the original series.
How this ship got more progress than the Nalu is beyond me šŸ¤¦
Gray would have been better off in a relationship with Ultear.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
natsu choosing to be human is complete bullshit. He should have never decided to be a human.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
natsu choosing to be human is complete bullshit. He should have never decided to be a human.
It was to be expected, but I was hoping for either Dragon Natsu or Dragon-Demon hybrid Natsu:feelsbadman. I still have a little bit of hope that the spinoff rectifies that

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It was to be expected, but I was hoping for either Dragon Natsu or Dragon-Demon hybrid Natsu:feelsbadman. I still have a little bit of hope that the spinoff rectifies that
END is dead. Dragon natsu idea is dead. Can't believe natsu choose to be a fodder creature like human. Smh

Pablinski

初åæƒč€…/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Same for me, I still have some hope that Natsu can control the combined Dragon and Demon fire and even use the black fire of God-Slayer that he ate from Zancrow again (if Mashima remembers this... ) thus combining in Natsu the fire of Dragon, Demon and a God, dreaming costs nothing and I would like this to happen, but I see it as very unlikely to happen.

Considering all the Nakama Power cringe speeches he put out in the Dogramag arc you shouldn't get your hopes up.
ALL the characters in Fairy Tail use that speech when they fight, from the beginning it has been established that the bonds of friendship, brotherhood, love, etc. is the main source of power in this series, the problem is that when the character who is everyone's favorite says it, they don't protest there.

END is dead. Dragon natsu idea is dead. Can't believe natsu choose to be a fodder creature like human. Smh
That is already Mashima's problem, it is not Natsu's, it is the author who places his characters in certain situations (such as the case of E.N.D.) that they fail to convince their audience.

I admire Mashima but I don't agree with several situations that he raises in the manga, I'm not a mangaka, but I humbly believe that some things would have gone differently.

SleipnirX

äøŠē“šå“” / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Same for me, I still have some hope that Natsu can control the combined Dragon and Demon fire and even use the black fire of God-Slayer that he ate from Zancrow again (if Mashima remembers this... ) thus combining in Natsu the fire of Dragon, Demon and a God, dreaming costs nothing and I would like this to happen, but I see it as very unlikely to happen.

ALL the characters in Fairy Tail use that speech when they fight, from the beginning it has been established that the bonds of friendship, brotherhood, love, etc. is the main source of power in this series, the problem is that when the character who is everyone's favorite says it, they don't protest there.

That is already Mashima's problem, it is not Natsu's, it is the author who places his characters in certain situations (such as the case of E.N.D.) that they fail to convince their audience.

I admire Mashima but I don't agree with several situations that he raises in the manga, I'm not a mangaka, but I humbly believe that some things would have gone differently.
Moment for it has passed, it would just feel forced now, or thatā€™s how I feel about it anyway. We got the resolution, Lucy re-wrote the book with Gray giving her life support, that came through ok in the mess that was the final arc. I get the feeling his editors probably talked him out of going full on evil Natsu, probably felt it would have upset a chunk of the audience. Itā€™s surprising how unpopular great twists like that are with a lot of fandoms like these :(

Pablinski

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Moment for it has passed, it would just feel forced now, or thatā€™s how I feel about it anyway. We got the resolution, Lucy re-wrote the book with Gray giving her life support, that came through ok in the mess that was the final arc. I get the feeling his editors probably talked him out of going full on evil Natsu, probably felt it would have upset a chunk of the audience. Itā€™s surprising how unpopular great twists like that are with a lot of fandoms like these :(
Regarding the theme of the E.N.D. book, I have always had the idea that when Lucy has rewritten the book, she has only rewritten Natsu's memories and personality so that the person everyone knows continues to coexist with everyone and does not get lost in his demon essence and the life link that Natsu had with the book and with Zeref was also remade, since when the latter died and the book disappeared, Natsu did not disappear with them.

Based on what was stated in the previous paragraph, I humbly think that this would be the best way to justify that E.N.D. since this demon is Natsu practically, he has never left, Mashima has given some hints of it, for example:

For these moments it is that I still maintain the hope that the theme of E.N.D. be taken into account again. But let's see what Mashima comes up with. In some more parts the theme of "burning the world" was touched on in terms of Natsu.

What happens, I think, is that Mashima doesn't want Natsu to get too far away from the rest in terms of power, so that's why he reduces the power of the God-Dragons and creates new enemies so that the others can have good fights and moments where they grow in terms of ability and power.

And as for the fandom, it is difficult to please everyone, each one has a different opinion of how they would like the events and narrative of the story to happen. We will see how Mashima carries out the plot.

SleipnirX

äøŠē“šå“” / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding the theme of the E.N.D. book, I have always had the idea that when Lucy has rewritten the book, she has only rewritten Natsu's memories and personality so that the person everyone knows continues to coexist with everyone and does not get lost in his demon essence and the life link that Natsu had with the book and with Zeref was also remade, since when the latter died and the book disappeared, Natsu did not disappear with them.

Based on what was stated in the previous paragraph, I humbly think that this would be the best way to justify that E.N.D. since this demon is Natsu practically, he has never left, Mashima has given some hints of it, for example:

For these moments it is that I still maintain the hope that the theme of E.N.D. be taken into account again. But let's see what Mashima comes up with. In some more parts the theme of "burning the world" was touched on in terms of Natsu.

What happens, I think, is that Mashima doesn't want Natsu to get too far away from the rest in terms of power, so that's why he reduces the power of the God-Dragons and creates new enemies so that the others can have good fights and moments where they grow in terms of ability and power.

And as for the fandom, it is difficult to please everyone, each one has a different opinion of how they would like the events and narrative of the story to happen. We will see how Mashima carries out the plot.
Itā€™s difficult to say as we only have a few small hints about END to work with, but I think if he was ā€˜fully awokenā€™ for lack of a better phrase, heā€™d be similar to the small section we got in the Alvarez arc where heā€™s pretty much still Natsu, but most of his personality fades into the background as heā€™s focused on eliminating Zeref (this is the role heā€™s created for, though arguably his motivation at that point was more to avenge Lucyā€™s apparent ā€˜deathā€™ at Dimariaā€™s hands). Therefore without Zeref itā€™s unclear what END would entail other than a curse-based power up for Natsu.

Again itā€™s pretty vague what Lucy actually changed in the book of END, but it seemed to just be decoupling him from Zeref, so the latterā€™s death wouldnā€™t also mean Natsuā€™s. With that said, I donā€™t think the references to Natsu as a demon are especially meaningful in 100YQā€¦ he is still END, an etherious just as he always has been, Lucy didnā€™t change that and presumably canā€™t as the human Natsu is long deceased.

As much as I think END being the final villain of the original series would have been amazing, particularly as Zeref never struck me as a fighter before the final arc so Natsu could have been a proxy under his control, by now that part of the series is done. Thereā€™s no other remaining etherious that we know of (presumably they all ended with Zerefā€™s death?), Zeref himself is gone, and the book disappeared, so I donā€™t see what mechanism or motivation even exists should Mashima want to revisit this.

So I agree itā€™s disappointing what could have been the best part of this series by far if done well never came off, I just donā€™t see the opportunity to actually do it any better now.

Pablinski

Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Itā€™s difficult to say as we only have a few small hints about END to work with, but I think if he was ā€˜fully awokenā€™ for lack of a better phrase, heā€™d be similar to the small section we got in the Alvarez arc where heā€™s pretty much still Natsu, but most of his personality fades into the background as heā€™s focused on eliminating Zeref (this is the role heā€™s created for, though arguably his motivation at that point was more to avenge Lucyā€™s apparent ā€˜deathā€™ at Dimariaā€™s hands). Therefore without Zeref itā€™s unclear what END would entail other than a curse-based power up for Natsu.

Again itā€™s pretty vague what Lucy actually changed in the book of END, but it seemed to just be decoupling him from Zeref, so the latterā€™s death wouldnā€™t also mean Natsuā€™s. With that said, I donā€™t think the references to Natsu as a demon are especially meaningful in 100YQā€¦ he is still END, an etherious just as he always has been, Lucy didnā€™t change that and presumably canā€™t as the human Natsu is long deceased.

As much as I think END being the final villain of the original series would have been amazing, particularly as Zeref never struck me as a fighter before the final arc so Natsu could have been a proxy under his control, by now that part of the series is done. Thereā€™s no other remaining etherious that we know of (presumably they all ended with Zerefā€™s death?), Zeref himself is gone, and the book disappeared, so I donā€™t see what mechanism or motivation even exists should Mashima want to revisit this.

So I agree itā€™s disappointing what could have been the best part of this series by far if done well never came off, I just donā€™t see the opportunity to actually do it any better now.
I humbly do see an opportunity, for the return of E.N.D. (Note that this is a personal opinion and that would seem great to me).

There could be a mental meeting between Natsu and E.N.D. (resource used in the world of entertainment), a fight in which the winner takes everything, and I give an example of what happens in the Mortal Kombat X comic:

In these scenes it is shown how Hanzo Hasashi in a mental encounter fights against Scorpion, his spectral counterpart (because the human Hanzo Hasashi died and then was reborn as Scorpion, something similar to Natsu's situation).

I would like something like this to happen between Natsu and E.N.D., it would be very good for Natsu's growth, also to control those demonic powers much better apart from the dragon ones that he has.

But I repeat, this is a personal desire of how I would handle the situation of E.N.D. which in my opinion would be fine, but we know that each one of the readers of this series therefore have very different ideas and ways of seeing the narrative.

Mashima has the last word and decision on how to carry out the story and at that moment we will see if he convinces us or not.