Hangout - Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout | Page 46 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Use this thread for casual talk about this event.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Good job everybody in delivering a decisive win over Hinata. It doesn't quite wipe away the collective shame we should all feel that Saber, Rem, Tsuyu, Erza, and Juvia were all eliminated against clearly inferior opponents but it's a start.
Thanks man. I really needed that.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks man. I really needed that.
Redemption is going to be a long road for the idiots fine people who voted for Beatix over her. But they'll get there. One day. Maybe.

Reactions: Sky

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
The Holo vs Mikasa battle could be a very worthy final match if both make it through the current round.

Reactions: Sky

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fixed it for you
Nah man. Not trying to throw shade your Wifu's way but Mikasa's intensely average. She just seems great because the rest of Shingeki no Kyojin isn't. Like Hinata, she's a big time beneficiary of the "Prettiest Girl at the Bar" principle. She should have never beaten Saber.

That being said she 100% deserved to beat Rindou who is barely a side character. It's a tribute to Samuel that his passion got her that far.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nah man. Not trying to throw shade your Wifu's way but Mikasa's intensely average. She just seems great because the rest of Shingeki no Kyojin isn't. Like Hinata, she's a big time beneficiary of the "Prettiest Girl at the Bar" principle. She should have never beaten Saber.

That being said she 100% deserved to beat Rindou who is barely a side character. It's a tribute to Samuel that his passion got her that far.
It's the same guy who nominated Kagura after all.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Congrats @Lambu-san. Holo deserves it!!!! :blai
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also Sky, no funfacts this time?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Holo vs Yui... When the strings of fate are simply trying to strangle you.
That wasn't fate. That's just collateral damage in my revenge efforts. Sorry.

Reactions: syx

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
More importantly, WYIS, how am I a saltlord candidate? :shock

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
TWO FUCKING VOTES? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?

I hope everyone that voted for Ackermann over Rindo gets a "surprise" in their drink and food at the next expensive place they eat.

You.

are.

Disgusting!

8I

P.S. Vote for Beatrix and Vote No to Wolf Deities.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So now it's down to just Holo for me.

The one shining ray of hope upon these dark times we find ourselves in.

Good job everybody in delivering a decisive win over Hinata. It doesn't quite wipe away the collective shame we should all feel that Saber, Rem, Tsuyu, Erza, and Juvia were all eliminated against clearly inferior opponents but it's a start.
:XD
pfft

Anyway, sad I don't know the characters that won. Would be easier to vote, other than voting against Yui.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Nah man. Not trying to throw shade your Wifu's way but Mikasa's intensely average. She just seems great because the rest of Shingeki no Kyojin isn't. Like Hinata, she's a big time beneficiary of the "Prettiest Girl at the Bar" principle. She should have never beaten Saber
Jammin:o
Thank you so much I needed this:crying
TWO FUCKING VOTES? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?

I hope everyone that voted for Ackermann over Rindo gets a "surprise" in their drink and food at the next expensive place they eat.

You.

are.

Disgusting!

8I

P.S. Vote for Beatrix and Vote No to Wolf Deities.
Finally a pure person :ohaielmo

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Few things in life are ever truly salty.

My local KFC's chips.

The Dead Sea.

ME AFTER RINDOU WAS ROBBED BY SOMEONE WHO ISN'T EVEN ATTACK ON TITAN'S BEST GIRL.

Just when I thought we couldn't see any more poor choices in this war, Mrs. EREEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNN~ beat my waifu and the better choice in the fight, the one, the only Rindou Kobayashi. The horrible taste in the community has defied expectation and robbed the best redhead we had in the competition of her victory. What utterly terrible choices 48 of you made, especially you @Zeref Spriggan . You were my friend, you were my comrade in the Rindou club yet you stabbed both me and Rindou in the back! You're terrible, and so is your taste for letting you choose Mikasa! You broke my trust, and for that I'll break you!

To my brothers and sisters who fought along side me in this war, we may have lost the fight BUT IT IS NOT OVER!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS, we shall not allow this to go unpunished! Let us side with @Erinyes and DELETE Mikasa from her road to the grand final. We came this far riding only on small manga time, and our hopes and dreams of our Rindou Senpai but we and her campaign are not OBSOLETE! We shall arise from the ashes of the divine fire, like a phoenix, and they shall bask in our glory, for the salt we bring shall be immense. STRIDE FORWARD MY BRETHREN, FOR WE HAVE BROUGHT ENLIGHTENMENT TO SOME IN RINDOU'S NAME. WE SHALL GROW STRONGER, WE SHALL BECOME SALTIER AND 2018 WILL BE THE YEAR OF RINDOU.

Gotta say, congrats to @SirSamuel016 for putting up so much effort for your waifu.

As some of you may know, for a brief moment the polls were visible for only a few minutes... (Rindou Man = SirSamuel016)

Sam, a moderator, used this as an opportunity to recruit voters from Discord. Keeping in mind he screenshotted one message Belserion made outside of Forum view (despite Sam doing far worse on Slack). In my eyes this is poor form...

SirSpamuel016?

After all that he secured a paltry 2 votes. Mikasa gained 1 in that time, rofl.

This sums it...

I cannot wait :hurr

Good job though with your campaign... but I just had to :P
In a fight, there has to be a good guy and a bad guy. Yes, I ended up going for the heel tactics like others have this year to try and get the win. Did I plan this? No. Did I do it because of Empty? No. Was I alone in this? No. But, I am the heel in the fight and I was willing to do anything I had to for my waifu as per my competitive nature. You may have beaten me, and Rindou in the fight @Belserion and well done to you on that, but I will not lose to you again. You may have BROKEN me by stealing away what was precious to me, but I'll have no more of it! None! Rindou will have vengeance one day, maybe it will be soon, maybe not. Just wait knowing that Rindou Club is there, waiting for revenge. Whether it be in the waifu wars or somewhere/something else, we will not forget. We will not forgive. We will not surrender. 2017 was only the beginning for Rindou, and this won't be the last you see of her, or us.

To conclude, a poem writted by me:
I am the bone of my salt
Cooking is my body and Rindou is my blood
I have created over a thousand salts
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life.
Have withstood pain to create many dishes
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Salt Works.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Don't complain because you have shit taste :kappa

Good on you for facing the salt and giving it back by the bucket load. I would argue that winning the inaugural Salt Lord is a higher honour than nominating the winning waifu... and you are in pole position Sammy ;)

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Don't complain because you have shit taste :kappa
If I'm the one with shit taste then why did Rindou make it further than Juvia eh?

Good on you for facing the salt and giving it back by the bucket load. I would argue that winning the inaugural Salt Lord is a higher honour than nominating the winning waifu... and you are in poll position Sammy ;)
When it comes to salt, I've got this in the shaker... the salt shaker.
Back in years 11 and 12, I actually used to carry packets of salt around in my wallet so I was always prepared.