Shounen - [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] The God of High school by Yong Jae Park

Shader

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
http://www.mangapanda.com/the-god-of-high-school/187
chapter is out, this clone is pretty tough, with a lvl 52 hit he got only -7 hp dmg, i still hoped Daewi could defend himself...lookslike he need serious help case he is fodder right now... also this grail (blood chalice) looks suspicious, is he going to steal power from clone?

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So that was better than expected, it seems he can step things up quite a bit. Dae Wi is effectively useless at this pint, although he's at least alive. I don't expect much from the Grail, mostly because I expect someone or something to intervene.

---------- Post added December 11, 2014 at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was December 04, 2014 at 07:20 PM ----------

Not sure what happened in this recent chapter. Hui's alive, although it seems as though he's in a pretty bad state. It's as though he was cleansed of his power. The appearance of another Monkey King clone is obviously going to complicate things for everyone, particularly since this one seems to be somewhat lacking in the control department.

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yea, it was a bit confusing...as i get it in this chapter happened 2 things:
1) Jin Mori's clone was "purified" (cross in his eyes is gone) and most likely he is right now just a normal human (we dont know what those guys wanted to achieve with grail and what exactly it is actualy do) And i like how Daewi tryed to stop them, for a moment i buried him, thought he was going to sacrifise himself to save the clone.
2) The wierd clonning thing, wth is this monster on the moon? It cant be original Sun Wukong body, and DNA is missmatch with clone (i assume all clones created by Jinmori have the same DNA as him) and i supose this poor experemental bastard just absorbed the power reacting to DNA injection....lookslike in this arc it will be the true clone vs the fake clone.

Last edited:

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So, Mira to the rescue... again. She deserves a long vacation after this. She's gone far beyond expectations. At last, the team from The Vatican is out, the new monster has done something useful before he ends up on a rampage.

---------- Post added December 25, 2014 at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was December 18, 2014 at 04:17 PM ----------

Pretty much a repeat of the last chapter. I didn't get Mira's inner monologue; it isn't as though she's struggling to be of use. She's been the one keeping them alive since they arrived; in the last ten chapters she's probably made ten saves.

---------- Post added January 01, 2015 at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was December 25, 2014 at 09:42 PM ----------

I cannot understand why I'm supposed to care about these completely random characters.

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yea, this "sidestory" is kinda odd, maybe it is to build a hype? Dunno, we already got atleast 4 important partys to consider:
1) Jin Mori
2) Rescue group in search of Jin Mori
3) Our half-dead trio.
4) Artificial Sun Wukong clone

And i wouldnt mind some info from HQ, so yeah...this place-switch was kinda odd.

On important note- Daewi is almost blind :O I mean - yea..one eye gone is pretty bad, but his vision is SO blurry :S i wonder how will they solve this problem... With Mori Hui loosing his powers, with Daewi in this condition and with Mira constantly pushing herself to the limit, they are all goners.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
An utterly random chapter, and yet I kind of enjoyed it. In the middle of a war, they managed to find time to hang out in the baths. I almost wanted to accuse it of being a fanservice chapter, however, it provided some background and a bit of plot movement and was almost certainly necessary moving forward. The alliance between Japan and Korea has come to an end, although, I imagine that their next enemy is going to force them into action together once again.

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well, now we know why that Makidonia fight in last chapter was shown, it is to show how much teams are left and why the rest are gone, lookslike the conclusion of this ark may be coming soon and this ending of chapter was perfect, i realy cant wait for the nextone!
And Mori Hui becoming the real Jin Mori (i still hope it will not happen) can be exploited in a bad way (maybe clone will want real Mori to be dead to become the real one?).
Nice chapter overall!

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
I wonder what kind of tragic fate awaits the Japanese team? You can't have the Korean, King's Son, and Japanese team all advance.

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ummm...that was...wierd....i expected some action, but oh well, okay.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
For a few seconds, they seemed to have a new pet. And now the new pet is trying to absorb Mori Hui. Stranger things have happened...I guess. I'm honestly not sure where any of this is going.

Son-Derling

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i really liked this chapter...and yes at the moment you can not really guess what is going to happen next. i really like that for a change! other mangas/manwhas/webtoons etc are often soooooo annoyingly predictable

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Um, what on earth is going on? I think we need a chapter just to get things a bit stable. We're everywhere at the moment.

---------- Post added January 29, 2015 at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was January 22, 2015 at 04:52 PM ----------

Sooooo...the Japanese team is pretty dangerous. I doubt that's the end of it though. At least Mori Hui wasn't absorbed.

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yea...well..this should'v been the last week chapter and this USA stuff dont realy interesting, we got it from first flashback already.
The important thing we learned is the Japan team have a Kusanagi powers (snakes) so, the monky, the snake and...what was the power of this "prince" guy?

Son-Derling

Reaction score
Country
Germany
hahaha....now he is a swordsman that can instantly copy techniques too ^^

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Honestly, that was a great chapter. Tons of solid action, awesome teamwork, the works. Unfortunately, they were simply outmatched. However, exactly where is this ability of Mori Hui coming from. Quite frankly, he shouldn't be capable of anything near this level, and since when has he been capable of copying techniques?

Son-Derling

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i had to think about baam (Tower of God).... and loled hard!

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Impossibility said:
However, exactly where is this ability of Mori Hui coming from. Quite frankly, he shouldn't be capable of anything near this level, and since when has he been capable of copying techniques?
Well..you know how they say...mokey see= monkey do.

Im still abit annoyed by the power of this "fake clone", he have instant regeneration, clones and even Wu Kong's staff...i hope Mori Hui will put an end to this, his pupils are back.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
That was a very long chapter. Although, I'm just going to call bulls@#! on the first part, particularly Mori Hui's performance. Mori Hui's rescue was oversold, particularly since Mira's spent most of the last twenty chapters rescuing them every other minute. That being said, the action itself was entertaining. And Mori Hui's re-emergence is for the best.

Son-Derling

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i don´t understand the end...

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
i don´t understand the end...
After Mori Hui was about to die to save his friends (nakama power) he achieved "i will do what i realy want and i want to live with this peoples!" state (maybe it is some kind of a secret of free spirit or smthn) and by doing that he was able to establish connection with Jin Mori in other world and Jin Mori guided him by showing how to perform one of the renewal techniques. And some power got transfered too.
Atleast thats how i get it.
Oh and this melting beast is getting annoying, so i hope next chapter will be the last when we see it.