Xadyu's Recommendation Corner!! | Page 49 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Xadyu's Recommendation Corner!!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
he gonna move to Sweden? : O

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I doubt it'll really get truly fucked up. There's upfuckery everywhere, but Sweden is also one of the places where the active counter-force to it is the strongest.

(Definitely not just saying this because I want someone to play Playstation with.)

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
interested in it, have acquaintance there, history etc. dunno when :catshrug
Explain yourself.

Why the interest? Who are the acquaintances? What's the history? Why don't you know when?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Because ned is cool,unique,swag on its own way. My mom's bestfriend. War history, dutch east indies :heh because dont have money atm

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Because ned is cool,unique,swag on its own way. My mom's bestfriend. War history, dutch east indies :heh because dont have money atm
Hmm, sure it has some unique qualities, and perhaps swagger. But as a Dutch person I gotta say that the country is fucked. As a tourist it's probably a fun(ish) destination, but otherwise, no.

That's interesting, has your mom lived her, or did the friend move here? There's not much good when it comes to the Dutch East India Company, but we've got quite some interesting history, the farther back the more interesting (and weird).

You have any specific locations or stuff you want to see when you're over here?
The free time we make for ourselves by locking the kids in a room to entertain themselves. :catshrug
Hey, I do that already. It's surprisingly effective. :nod

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
fucked how? :worrybunny

the latter

maybe Amsterdam? Den Haag (where mom's bestfriend lives)? Tulip fields? Some fancy restaurants?
So.. you don't have a plan at all but just want to visit it some day? :lmao

Too much to explain, but in the end it comes down to the government caring more for the European Union and Foreign Relations than the Dutch people. And that's not even a joke or exaggerated. At this very moment they are closing down hospitals so they can budget more Refugee Centres, while the Dutch citizens, police force and mayors have made it abundantly clear they don't want more refugees, because they cost too much many and make way too much trouble (I don't even want to go into the crime-spree that has been going on because of them, lol).

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
yes :derp

ah.. I see I see. well that's fucked indeed :wonder

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
WOLF'S RAIN (2003)

In a dying world, there exists an ancient legend: when the world ends, the gateway to paradise will be opened. This utopia is the sole salvation for the remnants of life in this barren land, but the legend also dictates that only wolves can find their way to this mythical realm. Though long thought to be extinct, wolves still exist and live amongst humans, disguising themselves through elaborate illusions.

A lone wolf named Kiba finds himself drawn by an intoxicating scent to Freeze City, an impoverished town under the rule of the callous Lord Orkham. Here, Kiba discovers that wolves Hige, Tsume, and Toboe have been drawn in by the same aroma. By following the fragrance of "Lunar Flowers," said to be the key to opening the door to their ideal world, the wolves set off on a journey across desolate landscapes and crumbling cities to find their legendary promised land. However, they are not the only ones seeking paradise, and those with more sinister intentions will do anything in their power to reach it first.
Wolf\s Rain is a gorgeous series, it's by the well-famouse studio BONES but the word gorgeous doesn't just borrow itself to the series' animation. Yoko Kanno delivered a magnificent soundtrack, the insert songs and orchestrations don't just add to the show but they absolutely make some of the scenes. The Japanese cast delivers great voice-acting but it's worth noting that Wolf's Rain has probably one of the best English-dubbed versions there is when it comes to anime. It's a well-crafted and produced series with strong written characters in a story that goes from great action to great emotional moments.

The first time I saw Wolf's Rain I was blown away, I started it when it was half-way through airing and I hated myself for not waiting until it was finished. Had I known it was this great, I definitely would've binged it in one go instead of tormenting myself each week. The way the show uses cross-references of religions and mythologies and makes them connected in a subliminal interwoven story to portray an unified theme is simply the best. The trials the main characters go through, from despair, doubt, confusion and even a false utopia, and the villains that haunt them, the struggle they have with their own identities, all of it comes together in a masterpiece, it's insane.

I would highly recommend it to, well, everyone that hasn't seen it yet, but I'll pick a few from who I know (or think that hasn't seen it yet,)

Recommendees: @Erinyes @Seraph @Purity of Magi,@Elusia, @Asako, @Shobu_Yoruichi, @GrySun, @Lambu

TONGARI BOUSHI NO ATELIER (2016)

Coco, a girl living in a small village, had been dreaming of becoming a magician since little. But people who don't know how to use magic since birth are unable to become magicians, or witness the moment magic occurs.

But one day, Coco accidentally saw Qifrey, a magician that was visiting the village casting a spell. This is a magical story that had fallen upon a girl, weaved by despair and hope.

"Are athletes, athletes from the moment they're born? What about astronatus or idols? These things aren't decided at birth.

So.. then what about witches?"

Atelier of Witch Hat is a manga I immediately picked up when it got pitched to me by @Riomy , several of MH's members were reading it and it sounded and looks, no pun intended, magical. I read the first chapter and already fell in love with it's world and characters, specifically Coco, the main character. Kamome Shirahama's art is gorgeous and it adds so much more life and a sense of wonder to the story and it's world. The way the author depicts witchcraft and it's tools feels very innovative and creative. The story itself might feel familiar, it might remind you of other stories or a mixture of, since it's a rather new (and fast) read for myself I'm having trouble expressing my thoughts about it, a re-read might offer a better look and perhaps a future post in this thread.

Recommendees: @Organizized, @Brandish, @Farfalla @Erinyes, @Asako, @Elusia, @Ustegius

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
OK. I'll read it :nod.
I'm unfamiliar with your taste or preferences, but I'll try to include you next time I got something good for the general audience.
Unless you have MAL, I could check that out.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm unfamiliar with your taste or preferences, but I'll try to include you next time I got something good for the general audience.
Unless you have MAL, I could check that out.
I have a MAL account with the same username.