Xadyu's Recommendation Corner!! | Page 50 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Xadyu's Recommendation Corner!!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
・Can you speak Indonesian?
・Do you have Indonesian friend/relative?

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
・Can you speak Indonesian?
・Do you have Indonesian friend/relative?
I know a handful of words, but that's about it. Haven't really said any of those for a few years now though.

Hmm, no, not anymore. I dated an Indonesian girl once, for a few months, but our timing was off, I guess, we really liked/loved each other though.
I do have many friends from Thailand and the Philippines. Mostly Thailand though.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I know a handful of words, but that's about it. Haven't really said any of those for a few years now though.
?!
Post in voice recording thread please?

Hmm, no, not anymore. I dated an Indonesian girl once, for a few months, but our timing was off, I guess, we really liked/loved each other though.
wowowow that's such a big news!!!!!!

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
?!
Post in voice recording thread please?

wowowow that's such a big news!!!!!!
Hmm, I'm having a hard time recalling the words actually, so I highly doubt it.

I actually think it might just be big news, it's one of the few things I didn't share here, mostly because I was inactive in those few months too.
Surfer Ken? :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

HONEY AND CLOVER (2005)

Yuuta, Takumi, and Shinobu share a six-tatami room apartment with no bath. The rent is low and it's perfect for poor college students such as themselves. Shinobu is a mysterious, quirky person, who does things on a whim. Takumi is passionate both in work and love, and Yuuta is a simple person with simple dreams and desires. That is, until he meets Hagumi, a petite girl with enormous amount of talent. Hagumi is fondly called Hagu by Shuuji, who serves as Hagu's guardian. Hagu meets Ayumi, nicknamed Ayu, and they become close friends almost instantly. Meanwhile, Ayu falls for one of the boys...

The joys of falling in love, the pain of letting go, discovering one's self, and finding the courage to move on—these are some of the things that the characters in Hachimitsu to Clover experience as they take part in the play staged by fate.
Almost everything about Honey and Clover is unprecedented and perfected. From the unnerving OP to the moving ending narration, each episode is a dramatic and romantic take on the special lives of the six main characters. There is no action and there is no fanservice so the stereotyped teenage male audiences will avoid this series, however, the intelligent humor and very intricate intricate character development which dominates the show is sure to satisfy most mature fans. By the time you've fallen in love with this anime (few minutes in probably), you can't wait to finish both seasons and it's two short specials AND continue on to the manga, the live-action film, the live-action Japanese drama and the live-action Taiwanese drama. If you start now you can make this last month of 2018 the best time of the year!

Reccomendees: @everyone @Farfalla @Ustegius @Organizized @Erinyes @Elusia @Asako @Aizen @The President @Seraph @Lady pompom @GrySun @gnut @liductan @juviichan @Charlie @destiny4ever @zimbardo @Arjun @Lambu @Reebi @revo @Evil3ye @riki @Totinona @Tux @Kiki

JUJUTSU KAISEN (2018)

Yuuji is a genius at track and field. But he has zero interest running around in circles, he's happy as a clam in the Occult Research Club. Although he's only in the club for kicks, things get serious when a real spirit shows up at school! Life's about to get really strange in Sugisawa Town #3 High School!

To be honest, this rating might be a bit high for a, so far, short and new manga, but like Jump's 2016 hit Kimetsu no Yaiba it rejuvenated my love for traditional shounen. Both feel like the classic shounen from the 90s/early 00s you love and that's the exact and only reason you should read it! There's still not much to say about the story and it's characters since it's relatively new, but if you're a shounen lover this is the next thing you should pick up.

Reccomendees: @gnut @Shobu_Yoruichi @Ustegius @Elusia @Asako @Seraph @zimbardo @Evil3ye

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Aah, haven’t watched Honey and Clover since my early FF days, 2010 or something. Only remember small details about it so the rewatch enjoyment should be quite high by now. Good call.

The other one also sounds interesting (despite me not being tagged in it).

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hmm, I'm having a hard time recalling the words actually, so I highly doubt it.

I actually think it might just be big news, it's one of the few things I didn't share here, mostly because I was inactive in those few months too.

Surfer Ken? :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

HONEY AND CLOVER (2005)

Almost everything about Honey and Clover is unprecedented and perfected. From the unnerving OP to the moving ending narration, each episode is a dramatic and romantic take on the special lives of the six main characters. There is no action and there is no fanservice so the stereotyped teenage male audiences will avoid this series, however, the intelligent humor and very intricate intricate character development which dominates the show is sure to satisfy most mature fans. By the time you've fallen in love with this anime (few minutes in probably), you can't wait to finish both seasons and it's two short specials AND continue on to the manga, the live-action film, the live-action Japanese drama and the live-action Taiwanese drama. If you start now you can make this last month of 2018 the best time of the year!

Reccomendees: @everyone @Farfalla @Ustegius @Organizized @Erinyes @Elusia @Asako @Aizen @The President @Seraph @Lady pompom @GrySun @gnut @liductan @juviichan @Charlie @destiny4ever @zimbardo @Arjun @Lambu @Reebi @revo @Evil3ye @riki @Totinona @Tux @Kiki

JUJUTSU KAISEN (2018)

To be honest, this rating might be a bit high for a, so far, short and new manga, but like Jump's 2016 hit Kimetsu no Yaiba it rejuvenated my love for traditional shounen. Both feel like the classic shounen from the 90s/early 00s you love and that's the exact and only reason you should read it! There's still not much to say about the story and it's characters since it's relatively new, but if you're a shounen lover this is the next thing you should pick up.

Reccomendees: @gnut @Shobu_Yoruichi @Ustegius @Elusia @Asako @Seraph @zimbardo @Evil3ye
Will start on Honey and Clover tonight. Thanks for the reminder :zomg

And HA! Jokes on you, I already caught up on Jujutsu Kaisen. Gojo is best boy and anyone who disagrees with me, well....
:emocat

That aside, I like the manga. It's nothing new, like you said, but I'm having fun with it. The plot is simple, yet has memorable characters and good fight scenes. I can see why it's popular in SJ, at least in Japan.

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Aah, haven’t watched Honey and Clover since my early FF days, 2010 or something. Only remember small details about it so the rewatch enjoyment should be quite high by now. Good call.

The other one also sounds interesting (despite me not being tagged in it).
Never too early to re-watch/read Honey and Clover! :zomg

And you know that basically every recommendation is a recommendation for you, right? :heh

Will start on Honey and Clover tonight. Thanks for the reminder :zomg

And HA! Jokes on you, I already caught up on Jujutsu Kaisen. Gojo is best boy and anyone who disagrees with me, well....
:emocat

That aside, I like the manga. It's nothing new, like you said, but I'm having fun with it. The plot is simple, yet has memorable characters and good fight scenes. I can see why it's popular in SJ, at least in Japan.
Really?! Must've missed that, glad you're enjoying it. So far it's a bit generic to be fair, yeah. But the atmosphere surrounding it has been nothing but a pleasure.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello~

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
how's life since baby #2?

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
:lmao
i guess you don't sleep the night lol how old his the first one?

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
:lmao
i guess you don't sleep the night lol how old his the first one?
Oh, I've been sleeping through the night since she was 5/6 weeks old, we're lucky like that.
During the day it's pretty busy though, my wife had to recover from the c-section so in the start I was moving around 24/7, exhausting stuff.

Conan turned 2 earlier this month, he's been going to daycare now too, twice a week for 6 hours total. Which can be heaven-sent having him out of the house at times. I ain't gonna lie though, I'm always very happy to go get him! And sad to drop him off. :lmao

How's life over there, what're you doing in Africa?

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
good luck for the 3 first year. It's kinda good that the older one stopped or will stop soon wearing diapers. you got a good timing lol

make sense for you to miss him. But gotta get some time for gaming right? :D

Working here. it's pretty chill (36h per week if there is no emergency), no stress unlike the life in Paris lol. But lately i'm interested in Sophia Antipolis, trying to find a job there. I don't like staying in the same place for too long