Group - Group A | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group A

Round 1: Pick your top 4

• Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 72 81.8%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 80 90.9%
  • God Serena

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • Eric (Cobra)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 30 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
doesn't matter if she a DS if she doesn't give her the time to attack then she finished it's like saying since cobra has hearing magic he no diff any1 cause he hear peoples thought. but jellal blitzes him. Having an advantage doesn't determine the winner all the time if that the case Tartarus gray>mard geer the wind guy that fought natsu in the beginning of the arc (can't remember his name)>natsu wall>laxus etc. just like my fellow brothers being (and I was trying to say the same thing too) Wendy enchant erza sword to damage Irene doesn't mean Wendy her self can do the same thing. That's likening same she can damage anco becuase he gotten stronger in the TS. Also Shoutout to @Emperor Spriggan for being this up Irene wasn't at 100% cause she been constantly use Mp all war. Erza and Wendy had time to rest be4 trying to inflate the guild. Irene didn't. Also Wendy did use DF vs Irene. And also was helping erza to increase her strength to even fight on par with Irene. Wendy by herself isn't close to Irene level just becuase she has enchantment.

I already explained about the enchantments.

But no, advantage matters.

Don't deny it because it was canonically proven when Wendy's DS magic reverted Irene back to her human form.

This was straight from the chapters in the manga.

Wendy's magic has shown to revert Irene; therefore, that's what's going to happen in this match. Again, this isn't speculation.

There are 5 dragon slayers here, Irene isn't going to turn Dragon form.

And Base Wendy outclassed Human Irene, let alone DF Wendy.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I already explained about the enchantments.

But no, advantage matters.

Don't deny it because it was canonically proven when Wendy's DS magic reverted Irene back to her human form.

This was straight from the chapters in the manga.

Wendy's magic has shown to revert Irene; therefore, that's what's going to happen in this match. Again, this isn't speculation.

There are 5 dragon slayers here, Irene isn't going to turn Dragon form.

And Base Wendy outclassed Human Irene, let alone DF Wendy.
By ur logic Wendy can damage acno i never said advantage doesn't matters i said it doesn't determine the winner all the time we have seen characters that have advantages lose a fight. And no I disagree using enchantent to enchant the solders and using universe one all drain her MP. Ajeel using sand world drain his mp it doesn't matter if he didn't look exchausted remember sprrigans have a lot of MP anyways I told u Irene can blitz Wendy from the get go but u haven't given a good counter argument of why she can't. Wendy never outclass her just the counter her magic there is a major difference show me panel when Wendy outclassed her with enchantment
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Seven777 doesnt matter current Lucy with csk till isn't above mard geer cuz unserious base mard geer was toying with him the whole time they fought back at tararous

Last edited:

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Saying "Irene was forced back into human form because her magic was exhausting" proves my point that she is weak...

We've seen Irene revert to Wendy's dragon slaying magic.

So as far as I'm concerned, Wendy can do the same in this match. This is canonically proven.

I don't know why we keep talking about Acnologia, when this match is talking about Irene.

Irene and Acnologia aren't the same. That's my point.

Using Acnologia as an example is pointless.

I don't need to show you that Irene has low pain tolerance.

That's proven when a 95% crippled Erza was able to revert her back to human with a DS-enchanted sword. It's in the manga.

Saying her dragon form is her natural state is meaningless.

Her human form is weak, and that's all that matters.

And her dragon form can be canceled by 5 dragon slayers in this match, so it's useless.
I said if. Purely speculation. Considering she sustained Universe One, combated Zeref's enchantment, sustained other enchantments like those two little girls and Neinhart, and still had immeasurable amounts of magical power, I highly doubt she was exhausted.

What does Wendy's magic have to do with anything? The only reason she possessed Wendy's body was to restore her own humanity.

Irene is a much more experienced dragon slayer than Wendy, but Wendy has a smaller magical reserve which is why Wendy in Irene's body is so powerful.

We're talking about Acnologia because he's our only other frame of reference of 400+ year old dragon slayers that lost their humanity.

They're the closest to one another than anyone else in the series.

You actually do need to show me Irene's low pain tolerance. Since you made the claim, the burden of proof lies on you.

DS magic being fused with the blade allowed it to penetrate Irene's scales. It has nothing to do with Erza. Romeo could have been swinging that sword for all it matters.

It's not meaningless. Her dragon form is her base form. It's not some kind of power. She fights Zeref's enchantment that made her appear human so that she can retain that form.

Her human form, whose magical power was enough to manipulate the entire country, is weak? She was capable of dominating Wendy and Erza while just toying with them.

How can it be cancelled by five dragon slayers? That's never stated in the series.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Seven777 doesnt matter current Lucy with csk till isn't above mard geer cuz unserious base mard geer was toying with him the whole time they fought back at tararous
It's not fair to say the CSK went all out though. He had a very limited power supply at that point and with his last effort rather than try to actually harm mard geer he freed FT. Neither actually managed to put so much as a scratch on the other overall. Also worth noting, the CSK if he is summoned now would be stronger and have a greater power supply than he did before.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not fair to say the CSK went all out though. He had a very limited power supply at that point and with his last effort rather than try to actually harm mard geer he freed FT. Neither actually managed to put so much as a scratch on the other overall. Also worth noting, the CSK if he is summoned now would be stronger and have a greater power supply than he did before.
Even let's go by that logic he till at his max is till at mard geer lvl. But look at this unserious base mard geer>= limited power csk

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Universe One isn't taxing on Irene's MP. I think people are misunderstanding the way enchantments works.
It isn't really an issue of it being taxing, more than it being an actual usage of magic. Enchantments work by affixing magic onto an object/person. This is going by Acnologia's explanation, who is someone that's lived for more than 400 years and seen several magic come and go, Lost Magic included:
Zeref himself also noted that the quality of magic inside the earth had changed, and this was right after Irene began her preparations to encounter Acnologia. Meaning Irene had already affixed her magic in the earth itself:
Plus look what happened after Irene died:
"The effects of Universe One are being reversed."
Translation-The effects of Irene's magic are being reversed.
Why wasn't it reversed before? Because she's actively using her magic to keep the spell in check. Think of it like Ur's Iced Shell on Deliora, Ajeel's Sand World or Mavis's Fairy Sphere on Tenrou Island. Magic is used to keep the spell active until it runs out, or the wizard dies/gets knocked out. In Irene's case, it's the second.
When Invel casted a blizzard on Magnolia, he wasn't losing any MP afterwards. Same with Ajeel's Sand World. They don't lose MP from changing the environment.
Invel's blizzard was a direct result of his magic.A loose comparison of this is like how when Silver met Natsu in Tartaros, Natsu said that the temperature of the room became colder all of a sudden. Yet Silver wasn't using any spells then. But in Invel's case, it's a little different since he was engaged in battle with Gray. Which would mean that he's releasing magic power in the fight, displayed by a blizzard.
And enchanting berserkers is enchanting fodders. That's expected of Irene. If she couldn't do that, she shouldn't be a Spriggan. Neinhart is the most fodder example as well. Enchanting fodder Spriggans and soldiers isn't exactly something to be proud of.
:-_-
Those same fodders proceeded to overpower the likes of Erza after being enchanted. It's an impressive feat in hindsight. Plus they would have gone on to slaughter everyone else if Makarov hadn't used Fairy Law.
Neinhart was overpowering an entire harbor by himself before. He isn't fodder if we go by feats. And in his enchanted form, he proceeded to overpower Brandish, a natural hax user, by the virtue of his magic being more than hers. That is Irene's magic at work there.
All of Irene's enchantments don't cost much MP. If they did, Irene should be smart not to summon them.
Her magic is enchantments. It's like saying Lucy isn't allowed to summon Spirits because they tax her MP :XD The very essence of her magic relies on summoning Spirits, same as Irene with her enchantments.
And I doubt Erza was in perfect condition. After fighting a Spriggan, she no doubt had some injuries or exhaustion.
Erza fought a total of 3 Spriggans in the war, Ajeel, Neinhart, and Irene, in that order. She fought Neinhart in 482, and the Irene fight didn't start till Chapter 513. Meanwhile Irene fought Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus in the North, proceeded to fight Acnologia, cast Universe One, terrorize the king and his daughter, overpower Mira, and even when in the Guild Hall, she was taxed with extracting Fairy Heart. While Erza was actually sleeping and resting between chapters and fights. She obviously has more chances to make a full recovery than Irene.
Wendy actually fought Dimaria after the Historias. So she still fought a Spriggan like Erza.
She fought Historia Ezel after Dimaria actually.
Then her other fight was with Irene, like Erza, in 513. 30 chapters in between :notrust
Her MP wasn't the problem in the fight.

She wasn't magic-deficient or low on magic power.
I'm not saying that she was magic deficient, I'm simply saying she wasn't at 100% MP in the fight. Proven by all her actions between the start of the war and her final stand. So now imagine her using her strongest move (Deus Sema) , and then being attacked by her natural kryptonite in that state. She'll obviously go back to normal.
Now imagine a 100% Irene going against any of the contestants here? She easily manhandles any of them.
Irene stared at Erza's butt for 7 panels straight,
We also stare at Erza's butt all the time though :heh

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Straightforward enough (I'll rank in order)

1) Natsu [strongest fighter in the whole tournament]

2) Irene [ Second strongest here]

3/4) Serena [S12]

4/3) Sting

Not too sure about sure about the Sting and Serena placement because while Sting defeated a stronger foe in Larcade, he had all the advantages there, plus significant outside help.

5) Lucy is lacking combat experience, and feats. Relying on CSK alone is not good enough. I'm sure that'd change soon.

6) Wendy has great potential, but potential would need to be realised to be counted on.

7) Mira is OK, she's especially dangerous in short bursts (then she'd ran out of gas) but her competition here is ridiculous.

8) Cobra is whatever.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
@kkck it's a fair point that CSK's power would be way more magnificent say if Anna was his caster instead of Lucy's. Celestial Spirits are based off their caster but from what we've seen, Mard Geer solo'd him. Either it was a tie or he won. He impaled him with his thorn curse but got turned into a rock from CSK's Galaxia Blade, destroying all the Tartaros stuff in the aftermath. It's hard to give CSK hype when we've only seen him summoned with Lucy. Tbh, Irene would dust Tartaros CSK easily, but it could be a different story if Anna was his caster, still not a given either way

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
@kkck it's a fair point that CSK's power would be way more magnificent say if Anna was his caster instead of Lucy's. Celestial Spirits are based off their caster but from what we've seen, Mard Geer solo'd him. Either it was a tie or he won. He impaled him with his thorn curse but got turned into a rock from CSK's Galaxia Blade, destroying all the Tartaros stuff in the aftermath. It's hard to give CSK hype when we've only seen him summoned with Lucy. Tbh, Irene would dust Tartaros CSK easily, but it could be a different story if Anna was his caster, still not a given either way
Oh, irene certainly would wreck the CSK as we have seen him and perhaps even if he was well stronger. However lucy does not have to best irene. I don't think anyone would see this group and think natsu, irene and god serena are not passing. This is basically a contest to see which between lucy, sting, wendy, mira and cobra pass. If anna even somewhat lives up to her hype then she wouldn't even need CSK to best mard geer... She'd be something like a stellar spirit mage with magic comparable to the springan... Which is at least a bit above what lucy is capable of right now.

And even then, I would still think it is unfair to say the stellar spirit king lost. Neither was able to inflict so much as a scratch on the other. And the stellar spirit king went out of his way to save everyone. And he actually got the last hit on mard geer by temporarily petrifying him.

Jammiin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
My best 4 are:
1. Irene - not explaining a sh*t
2. Serena - same
3. Natsu - well...
4. Wendy - She's smarter than the rest, has a great attack, lets no talk about deffense (the girl can block full power attack from a spriggan), her speed outclasses any of them, and unlike Natsu, she can activate DF without any emotion trgger, and also can mantain ir longer than him. And her enchantments are apparently better than Irene's
The rest are just big "no's" for me, like people keep saying "Sting this and that" but even WSD is just like Sting AND Rogue fighting together, and we know too well that's not impressive, at best he may be on pre-time skip Base Natsu.
Mira has both raw power and a huge magic power, but her stamina is problably the worst out of this group (well, she's problably better than Lucy and Cobra).
Lucy's best choice is CSK but that guy is slow and right now he'd be a pushover.
Cobra is... Well he's Cobra the guy who was a boss back then in OS, but is everyone's b*tch now.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Why would the stellar spirit king be slow? We saw the guy trade attacks with mard geer blow for blow. And mard geer was shown to be at all of his stages fairly quick. The deal with the stellar spirit king would be that he is both, huge and fast. And in this case would pack a significantly greater punch than he did back then since luccy's magic poll is greater. Not to mention that lucy herself is by no means physically weak. She has her stellar spirit clothes which seem to add mobility at very little cost. Natsu is not the only one that powered up during the time skip, lucy had an insane magic boost as well overall. There is a reason she has been able to do her part through the war and has been able to support her allies. And smarts wise, she has most people in the group beat... Except irene of course. Which is not to say wendy is dumb or anything.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
CSK was already above Mard Geer, even at the level he was back in Tartaros, Mard's attacks couldnt leave a scratch.
The only thing that stopped the CSK from destroying Mard was the fact that Lucy didnt have the power to maintain him longer than a few moments. If Lucy had the strength to support the CSK beyond Galaxia Blade, all he'd have to do was use Galaxia Blade to turn Mard to stone, then eradicate him with a Meteor Blade or two, low diff win.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
honestly, I doubt Anna is that strong.

no one commented on her.

the one who summoned CSK probably isn't Anna.

and damn, I said I won't participate but I cannot resist :teehee

Last edited:

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
My best 4 are:
1. Irene - not explaining a sh*t
2. Serena - same
3. Natsu - well...
4. Wendy - She's smarter than the rest, has a great attack, lets no talk about deffense (the girl can block full power attack from a spriggan), her speed outclasses any of them, and unlike Natsu, she can activate DF without any emotion trgger, and also can mantain ir longer than him. And her enchantments are apparently better than Irene's
The rest are just big "no's" for me, like people keep saying "Sting this and that" but even WSD is just like Sting AND Rogue fighting together, and we know too well that's not impressive, at best he may be on pre-time skip Base Natsu.
Mira has both raw power and a huge magic power, but her stamina is problably the worst out of this group (well, she's problably better than Lucy and Cobra).
Lucy's best choice is CSK but that guy is slow and right now he'd be a pushover.
Cobra is... Well he's Cobra the guy who was a boss back then in OS, but is everyone's b*tch now.
Lol she had to use DF on fodders during the avatar arc :yodawg. Which spriggan attack did she block? Her best attack didn't do anything to dimaria and she got no diff by bluenote (who got oneshotted by a casual natsu) can u give me her speed feats? WSDM sting>DF Wendy sting was able to fight and beat a sprrigan (although with help)

Last edited:

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
CSK was already above Mard Geer, even at the level he was back in Tartaros, Mard's attacks couldnt leave a scratch.
The only thing that stopped the CSK from destroying Mard was the fact that Lucy didnt have the power to maintain him longer than a few moments. If Lucy had the strength to support the CSK beyond Galaxia Blade, all he'd have to do was use Galaxia Blade to turn Mard to stone, then eradicate him with a Meteor Blade or two, low diff win.
Again mard geer wasn't serious Its expected from him to break thru mard geer attacks. Also no go reread the chapter csk wasn't gain the upper hand at all until use galaxies blade. I disagree he would have break thru stones he was able to tank a tartrous DF natsu

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Again mard geer wasn't serious Its expected from him to break thru mard geer attacks. Also no go reread the chapter csk wasn't gain the upper hand at all until use galaxies blade. I disagree he would have break thru stones he was able to tank a tartrous DF natsu
He was as serious as he could be in base. Maybe Mard mightve been able to deal a small amount of damage if he was in Etherious, but since base Mard could do literally nothing to him, i wouldnt bet on it being more than a few small scratches. The only thing Mard has over CSK is speed, which becomes useless when he's turned into stone. CSK doesnt need increased stats or power to destroy Mard, he just needs an extension to his summon time so that he can finish Mard off after Galaxia Blade.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
He was as serious as he could be in base. Maybe Mard mightve been able to deal a small amount of damage if he was in Etherious, but since base Mard could do literally nothing to him, i wouldnt bet on it being more than a few small scratches. The only thing Mard has over CSK is speed, which becomes useless when he's turned into stone. CSK doesnt need increased stats or power to destroy Mard, he just needs an extension to his summon time so that he can finish Mard off after Galaxia Blade.
No he wasn't serious he was playing around until sting rogue and natsu anger him. This is a serious base mard geer http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/405/19 (u can read the rest of the chapters to see his feats) plus he even said himself http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/406/23 again doubt it if he was serious like the panel shows he break out easily

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
No he wasn't serious he was playing around until sting rogue and natsu anger him. This is a serious base mard geer http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/405/19 (u can read the rest of the chapters to see his feats) plus he even said himself http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/406/23 again doubt it if he was serious like the panel shows he break out easily
You mean the Mard Geer who couldnt even be stuffed getting off his chair? And the second page you gave even says that he isnt serious against them. At least against CSK, Mard recognized him as a real opponent.
If Mard couldve broken outa the stone sooner, her would have. Do you seriously expect me to believe that Mard Geer willingly chose to stay locked in stone? Ridiculous.

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
About CSK and Lucy powerlevel: I do believe that CSK himself is above any spriggan but he can manifest his own power in humans realm in limited way. The stronger caster is the stronger CSK is too. Lucy is stronger now and can summon stronger CSK version. Only if lucy herself will became stronger than CSK then if the became even more powerfull CSK spell will remain the same. For example: CSK potential is 1000. Lucy with power 100 can summon 500 CSK who is Mard lvl. 1500 Lucy can summon 1000 CSK because it is his true power. So Lucy do not amplify her spirits power but can bring their own true powers. By the way, I voted Irene Natsu Goddy WSDFM Sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.