Battle - Adult Gon vs Meruem? | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Adult Gon vs Meruem?

Riyuki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I doubt very much that Don Freeks could beat meruem, not even close post rose.
Don Freeks can survive the dark continent and did so a long time and was able (probably) to find the item which grants eternal life.
All of thsoe feets where archieved by other people as well.
Beyond could survive it, so could Netero and his team.
The herb to grant eternal life was found by an expedition, too, they just didnt make it back.

Don Freeks is definitely hell of a badass to survive on the DC for so long and he is probably very strong for human standarts, but i do doubt that he could beat netero in a 1n1, for example, leave alone meruem post rose.

Super Gon couldnt beat post rose meruem either, in my opinion.
His transformation was not stable, he was in emotional distress so even pitou was able to take his arm when he didnt pay attention.
Pitou's fear was that Super gon cuold HURT meruem with his 'rock', which i think he could.

Like, if Super Gon and Netero teamed up, then Netero could probably hold Meruem down and Super Gon would do the damage, that is a set up i can imagine could defeat pre rose meruem.

But post rose, there is no single being in the HxH world we have encountered yet that can even hope to beat him in a 1n1 battle.

We might encounter such beings on the DC, the calamities sound terrifying, but it is clear to me that no matter how much gon trains to archieve his top potential, he has no shot at defeating meruem.

I am not even sure whether super rose could defeat old netero.

Wow are you actually serious with this post? We know pretty much nothing about Don Freecs and you're acting like you've read chapters and chapters about him, lol.

As far as the topic goes... Adult Gon literally absolutely DESTROYED Pitou like she was an ant (lol). Pitou even says that Gon is at the same level as the king... and that was before he even threw one punch. Pitou made that statement simply based off of Gon's aura alone.

The way I see it is this :

Adult Gon > Meruem (Pre-Rose)
Meruem (Post Rose) > all
Adult Gon + Adult Killua > Meruem (Post-Rose)

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You are the one who just assumed the strength level of Don Freeks to be absolutely out of the league of other humans, i just pointed out that we cannot follow this logic because other humans have survived the DC too.

Pitou never said gon is at the same level as the king.
She said 'his fangs could hurt the king' or something along those lines.
Meruem wasnt hurt by anything Netero threw at him (he was merely feeling a bit numb), so of course a character who is able to hurt the king is the biggest threat out there and pitou was glad that gon used his transofrmation on pitou and not the king.

Furthermore, we have to note that pitou isnt the strongest royal guard AND was still able to take super gons arm. Gon had the durability of a human being, while meruem is much more durable than that, and also much more durable than pitou.
It took the whole transformation time to get rid of pitou for super gon, i dont think even if meruem didnt retaliate that gon would manage to kill meruem in that time if even the rose didnt kill him, however, if meruem gets just one hit on gon the fight is over.

Super gon also didnt seem to be as fast as netero's praying movement, so i have no doubts that meruem would be able to hit him.

Super gon's main threat was his power. As i said, if netero held the king down while gon hit him, then they could deal serious damage to meruem, maybe even kill him.
But Super Gon needs help for that.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
You are the one who just assumed the strength level of Don Freeks to be absolutely out of the league of other humans, i just pointed out that we cannot follow this logic because other humans have survived the DC too.

Pitou never said gon is at the same level as the king.
She said 'his fangs could hurt the king' or something along those lines.
Meruem wasnt hurt by anything Netero threw at him (he was merely feeling a bit numb), so of course a character who is able to hurt the king is the biggest threat out there and pitou was glad that gon used his transofrmation on pitou and not the king.

Furthermore, we have to note that pitou isnt the strongest royal guard AND was still able to take super gons arm. Gon had the durability of a human being, while meruem is much more durable than that, and also much more durable than pitou.
It took the whole transformation time to get rid of pitou for super gon, i dont think even if meruem didnt retaliate that gon would manage to kill meruem in that time if even the rose didnt kill him, however, if meruem gets just one hit on gon the fight is over.

Super gon also didnt seem to be as fast as netero's praying movement, so i have no doubts that meruem would be able to hit him.

Super gon's main threat was his power. As i said, if netero held the king down while gon hit him, then they could deal serious damage to meruem, maybe even kill him.
But Super Gon needs help for that.
Pitou was the strongest RG when she took Gon's arm, because her loyalty to Meruem made her much more powerful after death. That was also a surprise attack, when Gon started to attack her corpse he beat her in no time.

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Adult Gon was the epitome of Gon Growing up and undergoing a sort of training similar to Netero's isolation training for his God Fist..
*Killua noted his physique, flow of aura & aura amount that Gon under normal circumstances wouldn't have achieved such power or physique w/o doing what Netero did...Because Gon sacraficed his latent talent & potential

RG Pitou was damaged & hurt with just a kick and sent flying into the air....This alone shows Adult Gon's Physical Strentgh + Nen Boost was more than enough to Kill Pitou....After that Jajanken To the face Pitoi was in & out of counciousness & basically soon to be comatose or brain dead...Gon juss kept bashing in his head afterwards to mush.....& Yes Pitou is durable but Who knows how much Nen Gon was really using after that point.

Writing all that my Point being is If Adult Gon treated Pitou like nothing in both speed & Strentgh & power and was able to damage a RG with juss physical Strentght enhanced with Nen...While Netero at best can just attack faster than the Ants but can only damage them after a multitude of hits..
Adult Gon in physical combat alone can Hurt Meruem and probably is juss as fast if he's not faster thats hard to judge..So yea Adult Gon rips Meruem a new butt hole after a good fight....& Post Rose Meruem would RIP Adult Gon after a decent fight I believe..Adult Gon would be Nerf'd off bat it would be like Kite vs Pitou repeat....

As For Don Freecs. He's obviously stronger than Meruem.

The DK is Not a Joke...The Only Ppl who have travelled their and come back Are Netero,Lliyentte,**Zzigg,Beyond Netero.

Zzigg is obviously dead and his ancestors has very strange powerful gift with a resemblances to the A.I Calamity.
Lillyenette is super old like Netero her age shows much more however and she said during the Election Arc she wants Netero to be the Chairman forever basically becaus she can't see Someone being stronger than him..**Netero also was the ideal Chairman
Issac Netero perspective on the DK was that it's an inhospitable place for humans, an impossible task where power can't even help you, it's juss harsh nature vs Man...A nature man can't conquer...Thats pretty much Netero's perspective
Beyond Netero seems to be even more crazier than his father, Beyond seems to be close or greater in Strentgh than Netero, I only say that because he's survived the DK Mutiple times and obviously isn't afraid of it he wants to conquer it no matter what even of he's been defeated mutiple times by the DK..

So If Don Freecs is hundreds of years old, catalogued the 1st Book & half the map of DK and is currently Mappin out the rest....He's obviously Boss and from his extreme skill & power being able to travel over there, he's probably acuiqred new Strentgh & abilities from living over there

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do not know what exactly makes you think that super gon is just as fast as meruem.

Chances are, super gon would have had some problems against youpi already, who is much more of a fighting type than pitou is. (i also do not know what makes you think pitou was 'the strongest royal guard' at some point just because she got off an attack after death).

Super Gon has more offensive power than netero, but that is about it. That is the only thing we can say for sure.
We cannot say much about his speed except that he is faster than pitou, which both netero and meruem definitely are, too.

We also know that super gon is just as fragile as a normal human, so one attack from meruem that hits and he is gone.

If youpi is any indication, the royal guards are MUCH more fragile than meruem.
Youpi could be hurt by Knuckle's hit.
Netero's palms who are definitely much stronger didnt really hurt meruem even after millions of hits.
People take netero's hits too lightly. Pitou shrugged off one of them, but that does not mean netero could not bring her down.
or does anyone here doubt that netero's palms dish out more damage than knuckle's hits?

It is more likely that super gons Rock damage is comparable to the little damage the other characters do to the royal guards per strike.
Super gon would need to bring in a lot of strikes succesfully against meruem to really do harm to him.

As i said, without assistance, it is very unlikely that it is even a fight.

___

Aside from that: What makes you think Don Freeks would be even in Meruems league?
Exactly BECAUSE NEtero said the DC is not about fighting strength it is really questionable whether Don Freeks is even a fighting type of nen user.
He will need strength on a very high level to survive the DC alone, but i do not see him as being substantially stronger than ging.
I do think that netero will be the strongest human fighter we are ever going to see.
Netero left the new world because he searched for worthy opponents, and in the new world you cannot do martial art fights, but only battl ethe environment, which isn't netero's thing.
There is no reason to believe Don Freeks would be anywhere outside the abilities of a normal human except for the fact that he has knowledge of the DC and can use items he found there like the herb which stops aging.

It goes absolutely against HxH's theme to just have someone super strong beyond the capabilities of normal humans be introduced to have the othe rmaincharacters power up beyond him.
It absolutely plays into the theme of HxH if a person by observing, using his strength wisely and being brave enough to give risks a try is able to archieve his goals.
Don Freeks will be an amazing character who was somehow able to get to places and take items which other people were killed trying. He was able to evade the calamities and it will be intriguing to see how.
But it definitely wasnt by curbstomping hellbell and brion and then proceeding to fight majin buu.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I wouldn't find it weird if don freecks was stronger than any being shown in the manga so far. To begin with there is the age thing. What made netero strong was time, the asinine amount of it he put into training during 10 years. Based on what we know netero put anywhere around 16 hours a day of training during a decade straight. In real life it is usually considered that it takes around 10000 hours of practice to become a master of a subject. At 16 hours a day for 10 years netero would have had almost 60000 hours worth of training in those 10 years. Add to that that netero was a high level nen user when he started his training... Assuming he trained diligently every day through his entirely life that would probably make for 4 hours a day. Assuming that you have over 60000 hours of training just during the first 45 years of his life or so. So what netero did during those 10 years was basically double the entire time he had been practicing nen.

Now, the thing here is that don would not need to do something so insane as what netero did. So far he should be well over 300 years old. Assuming he trains diligently, around 4 hours a day or so, then his total training time would be around 440000 hours. Over 4 times what netero had by the time he finished his isolation. And several times what netero could have done in his entire life if he continued regular training (say, 4 hours a day). Now, the situation so far seems to be that don freecs is somehow able to survive at the new world. Where even netero and his friends had trouble. If don can do this on his own then his skill must necessarily be beyond anything we have seen because what we have seen is either explicitly weaker than the stuff there or less dangerous.

Anyways, in regards to gon I would think the situation is that the manga has given us enough evidence to suggest he can be at least a match to meruem. He is the only character we have seen who surpasses the royals in terms of nen volume and perhaps at least matches the king in that regard. Even netero had only a fraction of the nen volume the royals had.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Firstly, training cannot be measured in hours like that.

For example, if i go to the gym one time a week and someone else does 3 times a week, i wont be as strong as him when i train in that gym for three times the time he does.

Netero's training paid off because he found enlightenment in his new hatsu. He would not have archieved that if he just went on adventures between the training times and trained a bit longer instead.

We haven't seen another character with that insane determination yet and the freeks family does not strike me as very disciplined.

Netero's training was not successful due to its length, it was successful due to the intensity, and no matter how much time, i dont think other characters can pull that off, or at least only very very few.

Don Freeks however is pretty busy, he is writing his book and he has to survive on that hostile place.
It was established that strength does not mean a lot on the DC, because there are things like AI who can isntantly crush you, deseased and a lot more one hit KO traps, no matter or strong you are.

You also wont be stronger than post rose meruem as a human being, and there is no reason to doubt the chimera ants possiblities on the DC.

Don would not have a reason to even attempt the training netero went under, even if he could pull it off.

He needs a fair amount of strength to survive, but the most important thing is that his hunter abilities and decission making and networking skills get him through that place.

Thus, i do not see a reason to think that Don is significantly stronger than Ging.

The thing he is probably insanely good at tho is discovering and understanding new situations.

The same way, i am very sure ging is weaker than netero in a one on one fight but much better at doing actual hunter work like discovering ruins, solving riddles and even getting far in the DC.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Firstly, training cannot be measured in hours like that.

For example, if i go to the gym one time a week and someone else does 3 times a week, i wont be as strong as him when i train in that gym for three times the time he does.

Netero's training paid off because he found enlightenment in his new hatsu. He would not have archieved that if he just went on adventures between the training times and trained a bit longer instead.

We haven't seen another character with that insane determination yet and the freeks family does not strike me as very disciplined.

Netero's training was not successful due to its length, it was successful due to the intensity, and no matter how much time, i dont think other characters can pull that off, or at least only very very few.

Don Freeks however is pretty busy, he is writing his book and he has to survive on that hostile place.
It was established that strength does not mean a lot on the DC, because there are things like AI who can isntantly crush you, deseased and a lot more one hit KO traps, no matter or strong you are.

You also wont be stronger than post rose meruem as a human being, and there is no reason to doubt the chimera ants possiblities on the DC.

Don would not have a reason to even attempt the training netero went under, even if he could pull it off.

He needs a fair amount of strength to survive, but the most important thing is that his hunter abilities and decission making and networking skills get him through that place.

Thus, i do not see a reason to think that Don is significantly stronger than Ging.

The thing he is probably insanely good at tho is discovering and understanding new situations.

The same way, i am very sure ging is weaker than netero in a one on one fight but much better at doing actual hunter work like discovering ruins, solving riddles and even getting far in the DC.
Well, my post assumes consistent and regular training while the example you mention specifically refers to differences in consistency and regularity in training. And when it comes to acquiring skills and abilities the amount of time you put in does have a significant long term effect and would correlate to, well, skills and abilities (although specifically fighting in real life would be different seeing how age in HH means strength and experience while age in real life someone who has 20000 hours of training under his belt would also be old and past his prime). Although in that regard don also has an advantage seeing that he does not age apparently.

Have you not seen god train? The guy is extremely diligent and disciplined for that. Even now the implication is that they train regularly and consistently between plots (well, at least that was the case before gon lost his nen). The skills gin has are not the kind you get without intensive and regular training either. He even teaches nen (kite is his disciple). Its not like you can become strong by merely being talented, even gon and killua have gone through insane training sessions.

Surviving in that hostile place in itself should be a very demanding skillwise. Even netero and co seemed to fall short. And this guy has potentially been traveling the place alone for hundreds of years. The situation we can infer so far is that of this guy being in a hundred of years old battle with no possible victory against nature. And he is still fighting.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really do not see it like that.

So far, in HxH, we were shown that quality of training and quality of the person training is far more important than how long you are training.

Zochi for example trained a long time under wing but still didnt manage to even compar to Killuah and Gon who, through intensive training for a short time, got to a decent level of nen mastery just because they are a) geniusses and b) dared to take that intensive training.

Ging is a genius, much like gon, there is no reason to think that ging trained excessively to get as good as he his, because gon didnt need to, either.

Gon had three times in his life in which he actually trained in a way which gave him a power boost:

Heaven's arena, greed Island with Biscuit and chimera ant arc with biscuit.
All of those were rather short interludes and had a high pay off.

The rest of his skills were learned along the way by observing (for example high zeguzerra was able to jump so high).
We know that Killuah and Gon do train there muscles to some extent (they were in a gym in the chimera ant arc) but it is never implied that this training does anything more than just keep their high level of general fitness.

Still, gon grew excessively in strength (just as killuah) in that time despite still being young.

Why would it be unreasonable to assume that ging didnt traing very hard to get where he is?
Ging is not very intersted in fighting, he is interested in aquiring knowledge and finding things.
He is able to learn insanely fast from others to the point at which he is able to even copy their nen, but that could aswell be a talent he always had to some extent (we are talking about a manga here in which persons are born with the talent to foresee the future, so it is not imporbable).

Still, ging is just a normal human being.

Even Netero was just a normal human being, he was fragile as a human being and the thing really amazing about him was his hatsu.
His amount of nen was impressive, too, but this was not the important thing.
The Hatsu was only aquired by getting so far in his training that he had time to pray for days and weeks and empty his mind.
This is something unique to netero and nothing someone else can just copy.

The only thing don freeks could possibly do to get stronger is nonstop basic nen training like gon and killuah did in the chimera ants arc.

But they had help from biscuit and were absolutely beaten after each training unit.

If Don would undergo this excessive training, he would be on the DC helplessly because he trained himself to exhaustion which would probably get him killed.

Furthermore, you assume that you have to be crazy strong to survive the DC alone and even netero had problems doing so.
That is not fully true. Netero left because it was not the challenge he searched for, not because he couldnt handle it strengthwise.
Even teams of normal human beings got far enouguh on the DC to at least get to the ancient items.
The problems were the calamities, essentially deathtraps, which got them killed.

Don freeks could be as strong as he wants, he could not survive a one hit KO like alluka's ability.

The whole point of him is that he is the human with most knowledge about the DC so that he can even write a book about it (or two).

The DC is VERY huge, it dwarfs our world. He only had less than 300 years to write the book about one side of that.
If you had found a very dangerous continent which is much bigger than our earth, exploring one whole half of it in 300 years and writing a book about it does not even leave you much time for training.

I stand by more word, the only thing which could possibly make DOn freeks more powerful than humans like netero would be that he can use items on the DC which for example make his Nen 10 times more powerful for some time or something like that.

But his basic strength without stuff like that wont exceed netero, leave alone meruem.

The thing with umans is that they have a strength cap as it seems in HxH.
Meruem was so insanely powerful because he didnt have one (at least we didnt get to see it, he grew more powerful by the hour).

If the King of ants can get to the level of post nuke meruem in less than a year, i really do not see why Don freeks should even attempt to train if there are chimera ants arround which are older than meruem and beings even more powerful than that like the calamities.
It makes no sense, he wont outtrain them even if he trains for 1000 years.

There have to be possiblities only he discovered to get by in the DC without being superman.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I really do not see it like that.

So far, in HxH, we were shown that quality of training and quality of the person training is far more important than how long you are training.

Zochi for example trained a long time under wing but still didnt manage to even compar to Killuah and Gon who, through intensive training for a short time, got to a decent level of nen mastery just because they are a) geniusses and b) dared to take that intensive training.

Ging is a genius, much like gon, there is no reason to think that ging trained excessively to get as good as he his, because gon didnt need to, either.

Gon had three times in his life in which he actually trained in a way which gave him a power boost:

Heaven's arena, greed Island with Biscuit and chimera ant arc with biscuit.
All of those were rather short interludes and had a high pay off.

The rest of his skills were learned along the way by observing (for example high zeguzerra was able to jump so high).
We know that Killuah and Gon do train there muscles to some extent (they were in a gym in the chimera ant arc) but it is never implied that this training does anything more than just keep their high level of general fitness.

Still, gon grew excessively in strength (just as killuah) in that time despite still being young.

Why would it be unreasonable to assume that ging didnt traing very hard to get where he is?
Ging is not very intersted in fighting, he is interested in aquiring knowledge and finding things.
He is able to learn insanely fast from others to the point at which he is able to even copy their nen, but that could aswell be a talent he always had to some extent (we are talking about a manga here in which persons are born with the talent to foresee the future, so it is not imporbable).

Still, ging is just a normal human being.

Even Netero was just a normal human being, he was fragile as a human being and the thing really amazing about him was his hatsu.
His amount of nen was impressive, too, but this was not the important thing.
The Hatsu was only aquired by getting so far in his training that he had time to pray for days and weeks and empty his mind.
This is something unique to netero and nothing someone else can just copy.

The only thing don freeks could possibly do to get stronger is nonstop basic nen training like gon and killuah did in the chimera ants arc.

But they had help from biscuit and were absolutely beaten after each training unit.

If Don would undergo this excessive training, he would be on the DC helplessly because he trained himself to exhaustion which would probably get him killed.

Furthermore, you assume that you have to be crazy strong to survive the DC alone and even netero had problems doing so.
That is not fully true. Netero left because it was not the challenge he searched for, not because he couldnt handle it strengthwise.
Even teams of normal human beings got far enouguh on the DC to at least get to the ancient items.
The problems were the calamities, essentially deathtraps, which got them killed.

Don freeks could be as strong as he wants, he could not survive a one hit KO like alluka's ability.

The whole point of him is that he is the human with most knowledge about the DC so that he can even write a book about it (or two).

The DC is VERY huge, it dwarfs our world. He only had less than 300 years to write the book about one side of that.
If you had found a very dangerous continent which is much bigger than our earth, exploring one whole half of it in 300 years and writing a book about it does not even leave you much time for training.

I stand by more word, the only thing which could possibly make DOn freeks more powerful than humans like netero would be that he can use items on the DC which for example make his Nen 10 times more powerful for some time or something like that.

But his basic strength without stuff like that wont exceed netero, leave alone meruem.

The thing with umans is that they have a strength cap as it seems in HxH.
Meruem was so insanely powerful because he didnt have one (at least we didnt get to see it, he grew more powerful by the hour).

If the King of ants can get to the level of post nuke meruem in less than a year, i really do not see why Don freeks should even attempt to train if there are chimera ants arround which are older than meruem and beings even more powerful than that like the calamities.
It makes no sense, he wont outtrain them even if he trains for 1000 years.

There have to be possiblities only he discovered to get by in the DC without being superman.
Well, of course having a good teacher is important. I don't see how that relates to my point though.

Gon and killua did get ahead but that is merely on account of their raw talent compared to sushi. So yeah, talent and a good mentor are a factor but either of those things can only take you so far on their own. Its not like a fully developed nen user would need a teacher after a point. They end up depending on how much time they put into further refining their abilities. What we have seen with gon and killua is merely the first step of developing their nen. Take tsesuguera. He was supposedly a skilled hunter however he made the point that get got weak, that he completely neglected to train for god knows how long. And the result was gon and killua got ahead of him. Things could have turned significantly different if he had been regular in his training.

Also worth noting, you are forgetting that gon and killua are in fact currently weak in regards to their nen. Both are advanced for their age and time they have been training. They have done years worth of training in around 1 year (I think the time from when they first learned nen until now is about 1 year at least). However even then they are both regarded as weak rookies. Take gon vs knuckle. Knuckle handed gon his ass in a silver plate. And even then he was taking it easy on gon, molding him and teaching him. Killua went against shot but even then got his ass handed to him. Gon's nen volume was said to be comparable to that of a mid level hunter which is impressive but his nen control was just terrible. The same thing probably works for killua, they are too slow in moving their nen around. They are ultimately rookies. Of course, with that they are stronger than a decent portion of fighters we have seen but they are still significantly inferior to the vast majority of high level nen users we have seen.

The scenario right now is that gon and killua have talent found in at best 1 in 1000000 people, they have had privileged training through bisk and the insanity that was their upbringing and challenges they have faced and they are still hopelessly weak.

Now, ging could be 1 in 100000000000......0 when it comes to talent but I would argue we have no grounds to make that point. Surely he was talented, we know from stories told in the manga that he was akin to gon in that regard however that still does not suggest its possible ging did not train to get to where he is. As of now the most reasonable assumption is on all accounts that even with talent being a thing in regards to growing stronger significantly faster there is still a direct relationship between training and strength of the user. Even when gon went into his adult form killia made the point that that should be a form one would acquire after decades worth of grueling training.

Not to mention that the manga does make a point that even before nen gon and killia led lives that basically made them as strong as they were. Gon grew up in nature, facing animals and whatnot. His physical capacities developed because of his constant use of them, basically training. Killua in turn was specifically trained his entire life to get to where he was. His refined fighting, his senses, his everything was specifically trained by his family.

Ultimately there is no confirmed instance of a high level user in the manga who did not train to get to where he is, safe for the quimera ants. BY far the strongest human nen user we have seen is netero and his immense strength is the direct result of 10 years worth of non stop training after already being a high level nen user. Training is so important that the king ended up beating netero because of the gungi games. Basically, training. Otherwise he would have never been able to predict netero's moves. And they would still probably be fighting.

Even with talent and all, the single thing all strong people in the manga seem to have (safe for the quimera ants and perhaps a few specialization users) is countless hours of training. Looking at gon and killua and how they have managed to still be weak after a solid year of non stop training (well, if you add the periods up at least) its completely unreasonable to assume or even consider there is a human out there who managed to be powerful without putting in the due hours.

tupadre97

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Speed wise adult gon and meruem should be about the same. Gon is obviously physically stronger seeing how one basic kick from him crippled pitou and sent her several kilometers flying in the sky. Durability wise the edge obviously goes to meruem seeing how he has a chimera ant exoskeleton instead of human flesh and you kinda survived a nuke at point blank range (at least for a few minutes). Onto the hatsu side i'd say that while gon's jajanken is more versatile than meruems synthesis, synthesis is a much better hatsu because all it needs is one bite and he can synthesize gon's ability instantly and create a better version of it. So all he needs to do is take a bite out of gon and not only does he learn jajanken he makes it stronger and receives a nen boost. Seeing how much of an edge synthesis gives meruem over gon i'd have to give it to him 6-7/10 times. Them being the same speed and meruem being such a genius battle tactician would make it touch for gon to put him down while meruem can gain a huge advantage over gon just by biting him so that's why i give meruem the win 60-70% of the time.

howdydodah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Chimera Ants as class B IMO is because they haven't eaten a nen empowered human yet. It's quite possible they did and Don Freecs is such a freak to take them on but that's delving in the realm of Dragon Ball and that just sucks, really.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meryem would win at least 99 times out of 100. You've to realize that the Royal Guards freak out if there is ANY danger to Meryem. For example when Zeno jumped down with that arrow rain attack, Pufu immediately abandoned whatever he was doing to save Meryem, as if anyone actually believed that attack could possibly do any damage to Meryem? When Youpi died while he was the size of a fly, which is something even a completely normal human can kill (it works on Pufu so no reason why it wouldn't work on Youpi), Pufu again immediately told the reborn Meryem that they need to evacuate because Youpi just died. Even with a generous helping of plot bailouts, Adult Gon is basically equal to Pitou when it comes to fight to the death in a 1on1 (Gon would kill Pitou and then Pitou's zombie would kill Gon after he turned around assuming Pitou was dead), and as powerful as Royal Guards are, they're not meant to be at a level that can defeat Meryem, though they most definitely can pose a threat. Given the logical progression of talent in the Ants, it'd be natural to assume Meryem can invent any ability on the fly (even someone like Cheetu can do that for weak abilities) even if Gon's abilities turn out to be dangerous. The reason why Meryem doesn't use abilities is because he has no need for them, and in the case against Netero, he wanted to beat Netero on his terms so even if he can invent an ability that paralyzes someone (ought to be quite trivial) that's not something he'd do, not to mention he's also afraid of Netero just saying, 'that ability is cheap I rather die than telling you your name'.

Mind you, being able to pose a threat to Meryem is still pretty amazing for a human being. Given Pitou is 3 schools away from Reinforcement that means his overall ability to withstand damage must be the worst out of all Royal Guards and even he lasted a fairly long time while being completely dominated in tactics (Pitou cannot escape air combos, at all). Pitou is also completely dominated in abilities, as remember way back in Kastro vs Hisoka fight, Hisoka said that Kastro wasted all his talent learning abilities that's not close to his school (clones). Well, Dr. Blythe is obviously a Reinforcement technique (healing = Reinforcement) and is totally incompatible with Pitou's natural school. His ability to manipulate others have no meaningful impact in a 1on1 fight, so you're basically talking about Adult Gon with a pretty ideal set of 1on1 abilities and ideal 1on1 stats versus a person with the worst possible 1on1 stats and no abilities that does anything remotely useful in 1on1 unless he died. Any ability that Meryem choose to invent on the fly has to be better than Pitou's complete lack of good 1on1 skills/stats.

While Meryem cannot fly, it's hard to see him getting staggered the same way Pitou did. This is a guy who can rip his own arm off and not even blink. He has nerves of steel so he's not going to choke and make a mental mistake like virtually all the Royal Guards did. He flat out said that the only the 'King' of humans can possibly beat him, and as powerful as Adult Gon is, he's obviously not the equivalent of the 'King' of humans. I'm sure he'd take significant damage while fighting Gon, but it's not like any of that stuff even bothers him superficially.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Speed wise adult gon and meruem should be about the same. Gon is obviously physically stronger seeing how one basic kick from him crippled pitou and sent her several kilometers flying in the sky. Durability wise the edge obviously goes to meruem seeing how he has a chimera ant exoskeleton instead of human flesh and you kinda survived a nuke at point blank range (at least for a few minutes). Onto the hatsu side i'd say that while gon's jajanken is more versatile than meruems synthesis, synthesis is a much better hatsu because all it needs is one bite and he can synthesize gon's ability instantly and create a better version of it. So all he needs to do is take a bite out of gon and not only does he learn jajanken he makes it stronger and receives a nen boost. Seeing how much of an edge synthesis gives meruem over gon i'd have to give it to him 6-7/10 times. Them being the same speed and meruem being such a genius battle tactician would make it touch for gon to put him down while meruem can gain a huge advantage over gon just by biting him so that's why i give meruem the win 60-70% of the time.
Nice Post, You've got a good grasp on Power lv Gon reached & the power gaps between Nen users. I agree with everything you've wrote except for the 60-70% in Meruem's favor because of synthesis Hatsu....Very Good Point though

Meruem Sysnthesis however works when he eats the brain of an Human..Via The castle's/President's Nen Bodyguards who he killed & ate his brain.....Remember Pufu gave majority of his cells to save the King & Youpi turned his essence/DNA/Cells into a liquid to restore King both giving a majority of themselves..

I don't believe the King can just take a bite out of something and acquire its aura as such...I believe he needs to consume at least most if not the best part of the body he likes eating which is Human brains...

Hatsu is what definitely going to determine this fight..& seeing how Gon has 3 Offence & a natural high defense against Meruem who's all off the scale brute h2h...I see Gon exchanging a few blows with him, Gon will feel these hit & sustain some damage...Meruem gets hit with a JajaKen Rock; Tanks it but is still injured then gets JajaKen Scissor for the finish or another JajaKen rock finishes him off while he's Missing a limb...

Wheter Pitou jumped at Gon-San before he died or after he died & became a Nen boosted zombie, Gon's arm was flying off regardless...Gon is still human,yes he recieved a power up to be able to manhandle the freakishly powerful ant, but Pitou's aura may be less but it's still out of this world high, very comparable still with Gon. so him receiving a hit from any RG or Meruem depending on the blow he's still gonna receive damage......Pitou's only Plus after dying & coming back a boosted Nen zombie ant was that he was able to move faster & was able to catch Gon off guard & take his arm thats it...Gon Lmao beat the corpse with the same severed arm then preformed a JajaKen Rock Very much how Netero preformed his Zero Hand...Still able to preform a Hatsu out of its traditional stance because of uncanny experience & achievement of self awarness of ones mind & heart.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really do not see how people think super gon is stronger than meruem just because he beat pitou.
It is not like Meruem wouldn't be able to do that.
People often mistake the fact that meruem underestimated pitou at one point with him going full power with his slap.

Meruem was highly confident, even after knowing the durability of the royal guards, that he could kill pufu with one blow

While we can assume that meruem is even more durable than pitou, super gon had to waste almost his entire transformation time clubbing pitou to death.
We cannot even be sure whether he would have been able to do the same with meruem even if meruem, like pitou, didn't retaliate at some point.

All it takes for super gon to go down is one ht from meruem (we saw that pitou could get off his arm with one hit, pitou would have even killed him if it wasnt for killuah), while super gon even needed several fullpowered rocks for pitou to die.

I do not see how that fight would ever be even.

The whole deal about super gon was that pitou feared that he could actually hurt the king with his offensive power. This is probably true, but it was never 'oh my god, he is stronger than the king'.
And we know that the royal guards are very paranoid in their estimations.

mioluva

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
You are forgetting the fact that chimera ants come from the dark continent, where don freeccs obviously related to gon has roamed for 300 years exploring almost everything. If he can live there for 300 years and im pretty sure chimera ants are not the strongest creatures out there as chimera ants were classified as a lvl-B threat while the 5 calamities were classified lvl-A threat then gon must be able to as well thus he must be able after a shitton of training to easily beat meruem post rose. If youre just talking about the raged gon then theres no chance.
The ants were likely a lvl-B threat since the king hasn't really impregnated someone yet and were mostly locaized. If Meruem got to breed, his progeny would likely have his base stats and it would only go higher from there. The succeeding kings and royal guards would've been too strong even for the strongest nen users.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even adult Gon would've only double KOed against Pitou in a 1on1. Killua arrived and warned Gon and was able to pull him out of the way. Without that Pitou would've killed Gon as a zombie fine since it's clear that Gon cannot defend against Pitou's attacks either if he connects (he dodges Pitou's attacks during their fight). And no this isn't a lack of experience because if your opponent routinely came back to life and continue attacking after you smashed their head, Hisoka would've died against a fodder since you always see him turn around after instant killing a fodder, and he sure doesn't disable his opponent as thoroughly as Gon here. Pitou's ability is pretty much a guaranteed double KO in a 1on1 situation because there is no way anybody expects something with their head smashed can just jump up and continue attacking.

I think the Ants aren't A class because they normally don't grow to the size of human. When Netero is talking about the Dark Continent he says the beings here are ridiculously large so size does matter in HXH. Prior to the event in HXH the worst I imagine can happen is that you've a bunch of say cat/dog sized animals that are super strong for their size which can cause significant damage but can still be dealt with relatively safely.

Freecs129

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Gon will win, if the main target is Meruem.
Look how much he hates Pitou. Although Pitou is very stronger than Gon, and Pitou dead

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Meruem high diffs if this is pre-rose

Meruem statues and one shots if this is post-rose

Drakrami

Reaction score
Country
Balearic Islands
I think adult Gon would win vs Meruem. But then it poses an interesting question. If adult Gon can win vs Meruem, then Ging should win vs Meruem too. Since I dont think Gon is anymore talented then Ging.
But then Ging is stronger than Netero?