American Politics | Page 633 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Also, USA gov't focusing and agreeing on banning TikTok unless it's sold is also stupid when there are more important things to focus on, like poverty, gun violence, and etc. They should be more focused on helping Americans survive, not on an app.
Usually being spied on by a hostile foreign nation in the open takes a fair bit of importance. It's pretty much a no brainer that shouldn't even take time to solve. It's sad to see US politics broken down to the point that even the obvious is met with backlash over political nonsense.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not white. I will call brown people terrorists if they're terrorists. I am also disgusted by most Indians, and I'm vocal about it. I'm also cool with racists, whether it's Trump, cops, or politicians, dying painfully asap and wish they were murdered by the races and people they victimize every day. If that makes me a bad person, then oh well, but at least I know I'm better than those people who want or are okay with innocent people being killed.
Well if you're not white then I don't know what your fucking problem is.

And wanting bad people to be murdered doesn't make you better than the bad people you want murdered, it makes you just as bad as them.

Do you know how many racists I want dead? As an African American born and raised in the South in the United States? NONE. I'm a HUMANIST. My moral framework demands the flourishing of humanity. Promoting wellbeing amongst as many people as possible while limiting the harm amongst as many people as possible. Murder doesn't fix anything, it just perpetuates the hatred that's already there and keeps people dying. It's why I can't advocate for Palestine because what they want leads to all Palestinians, every single one, dying.

With russia vs ukraine heating up.

Greater crisis could be on the horizon.

What steps should people of the world take.

To prepare for crisis, in the event that it occurs?
What crisis do you expect? What could Putin do to ruin life for any place other than Ukraine?

How is saying, "if Hamas have been proven to be rapists or murdered tons of people on Oct 7, then I condemn them again!" too far gone? Blame the Israeli hostages for saying they saw IOF firing like maniacs and were more likely to be the cause behind so many deaths.

So it's about you being right, not about the truth. That explains.
Because there is no "IF". It's been proven, and you kept saying, over and over, that it doesn't happen. The information was out there. The videos, the testimonies were out there. I didn't want to post them because I didn't want to turn this into a propaganda war.

And I don't even understand how you came to that conclusion that I'm concerned about being right instead of the truth. It is the truth that Hamas are terrorists. It is the truth that they have raped Israeli hostages. I'm not changing any facts, or fighting to make untrue statements true. That's YOU.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well if you're not white then I don't know what your fucking problem is.

And wanting bad people to be murdered doesn't make you better than the bad people you want murdered, it makes you just as bad as them.

Do you know how many racists I want dead? As an African American born and raised in the South in the United States? NONE. I'm a HUMANIST. My moral framework demands the flourishing of humanity. Promoting wellbeing amongst as many people as possible while limiting the harm amongst as many people as possible. Murder doesn't fix anything, it just perpetuates the hatred that's already there and keeps people dying. It's why I can't advocate for Palestine because what they want leads to all Palestinians, every single one, dying.
Welp, I'd say it probably means his views have nothing to do with skin color and such views are not exclusive to white folk? Heck, in terms of hating israel if you think about it it's obvious that this won't and can't be a white thing.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp, I'd say it probably means his views have nothing to do with skin color and such views are not exclusive to white folk? Heck, in terms of hating israel if you think about it it's obvious that this won't and can't be a white thing.
His behavior matches that of some lefty blue-haired non-binary college freshman from twitter. Complete with the inability to hold brown people responsible for doing bad things to the point of terrorist apologia. White guilt does that to a motherfucker. But if he's not white then I guess it's not white guilt. I guess it's just regular old virtue signaling.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You're right.

What about kidnapping children, holding them prisoners, and torturing them? Is that defensible? Are you okay with that? Because that's literally what Israel has been doing for years, and no one here to my recollection has said anything about that. IOF has taken kids away for something as harmless as throwing rocks at tanks and have even shot kids, but for some reason you're focused on Hamas and Oct 7.

Also, didn't Hamas propose prisoner exchange multiple times, but Israel rejected the deals?
I'm pretty sure nothing I've said could be reasonably interpreted as me being ok with any of those things.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

His behavior matches that of some lefty blue-haired non-binary college freshman from twitter. Complete with the inability to hold brown people responsible for doing bad things to the point of terrorist apologia. White guilt does that to a motherfucker. But if he's not white then I guess it's not white guilt. I guess it's just regular old virtue signaling.

Ok, fair enough. I reread the posts and realized I misunderstood the exchange.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Usually being spied on by a hostile foreign nation in the open takes a fair bit of importance. It's pretty much a no brainer that shouldn't even take time to solve. It's sad to see US politics broken down to the point that even the obvious is met with backlash over political nonsense.
So why does Biden have a TikTok account?

I'm pretty sure that's not the main reason why politicians want to ban TikTok, it's just easier to justify as millions of Americans have been brainwashed into hating China.

Most people who aren't brainwashed by Israel or misinformed hate them because of their violence towards Palestinians and their committing an ethnic cleansing. Zionists like to claim it's due to anti-Semitism or whatever other dumb stuff, but it's not.

Same reason why Nazis are hated, why King Leopold is abhorred, why people say all cops are bad, etc. Because killing innocent people is frowned upon.

Israelis talk about wanting to kill even babies but so far, I haven't seen any Palestinians talk about wanting to kill Israelis or even Zionists even though they're perfectly justified in thinking that.

I'm pretty sure nothing I've said could be reasonably interpreted as me being ok with any of those things.
I was returning your energy. :)

Also, common sense dictates that an app should not take the importance of making sure citizens are fed, able to make ends meet, and have proper healthcare, but here we are

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What crisis do you expect? What could Putin do to ruin life for any place other than Ukraine?

Ukrainian grain (wheat) shortage.

Natural gas shortage.

Reported in news cycles over the past 2 years.

Escalation in hostilities -> greater market crisis.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To elaborate on sanity's point:

You have wheats but also other grains and iirc sunflower. Wheat of course is what you make flour of, which leading up to the invasion already had significant price increases. As it started you had around 40-50% price increase and then it increased more. I think it has somewhat stabilized by now but it was a rough couple years for bakeries everywhere. wheat of course is used to produce more stuff, say, glucose. Glucose depending on the type made has a ton of uses in both the pharmaceutical industry and food industry. Sweetener, filler, source of solids.... I am not going down the whole rabbit hole because it'll never end but it's safe to say that if something happens to wheat it's going to hurt most folk's pockets. At a minimum this had a bit of impact on worldwide inflation when the war started. On the sunflower end you have primarily fat production. You can replace sunflower oil with other fats meaning that if, say, you invade the world's primary producer of it folk who use it will turn to others and drive the price up. Putin is a lunatic but it's clear there's a reason he wants to keep ukraine in the "russian world". It's sad that we are at a point where support for ukraine is waning simply because supporting it has been phased out of memes or is simply inconvenient.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's sad that we are at a point where support for ukraine is waning simply because supporting it has been phased out of memes or is simply inconvenient.
Where did you get that from? From what I see, support for Ukraine is waning because of how USA keeps sending them money when USA needs that money for people, and because of how many Ukrainians are racists/Nazis. Plus it feels like the main reason, if not the only reason, why Ukraine had so much support is because of USA being brainwashed into thinking, "hurr durr Russia bad and enemy!!"

On a different subject, signing up for NextDoor was a mistake because I never realized how many dumbass right wings live in my county. Their obsessions are Democrats and "illegal" immigrants, shitting on them every chance they get and then crying and whining when their posts get deleted for breaking the rules. Undocumented immigrants aren't even the problem, nor is our excellent border security. White supremacists are, as well as companies.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ukrainian grain (wheat) shortage.

Natural gas shortage.

Reported in news cycles over the past 2 years.

Escalation in hostilities -> greater market crisis.
Oh yeah, I do remember you mentioning the wheat like 2 years ago.

I'm 99% positive we can speedrun a wheat alternative in American labs post-haste. For the gas and wheat problems, I hope they come to fruition, personally. And I hope it lasts for a considerable amount of time. The reason?

Necessity is the mother of invention. The one good thing Trump made was Operation Warpspeed. We need that for every other big problem that can be solved by science.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hm, interesting

Yet the only or one of the very few countries to oppose a ceasefire despite also knowing that Israel is committing war crimes

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So apparently trump's truth social is now worth 14 billion and trump owns nearly 80% of it. I suppose the stock value won't hold up for long but for now trump is technically as wealthy as he claims. I gotta wonder how brazen he'll be in selling the stock... or can he even politically afford to do that? With his financial liabilities you'd think he'd be more than willing to cash in. The world is crazy.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What do you mean politically afford? Man can get away with almost anything

Also people who say the extreme left and the extreme right are same/similar are so wrong and ignorant. From my observation:

the extreme left will often protest by disrupting traffic, defacing property or objects (likely knowing that said object would be protected), and etc. Very rare for them to kill anyone and often, they're more likely to get hurt. Palestinian supporters wanted to draw attention to the genocide of Palestinian supporters and get a ceasefire going? They stopped traffic and organized marches.

The extreme right will often protest by hurting or killing people, like how Sheriff David Clark or whatever threatened to punch reporters during Trump's campaign/victory.

So anyone painting both in same light are either just plain stupid and ignorant or deliberately trying to make the left look bad.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So apparently trump's truth social is now worth 14 billion and trump owns nearly 80% of it. I suppose the stock value won't hold up for long but for now trump is technically as wealthy as he claims. I gotta wonder how brazen he'll be in selling the stock... or can he even politically afford to do that? With his financial liabilities you'd think he'd be more than willing to cash in. The world is crazy.
It's nonsense, really. He owns 57% according to an article I saw and his stock is now worth 4.1 billion after it tanked last week.

The site had 4 million in revenue last year, meanwhile there are companies like Bausch & Lomb or Harley-Davidson that have billions in revenue each year that are said to be worth less. It's complete smoke and mirror nonsense, not unlike Tesla stock. But at least Tesla being seen as successful has positive knock-on effects with proliferation of EVs and what not. Truth social offers nothing, especially now that Elon let's nazis and CP enthusiasts run wild on his bot-infested shithole of a website now.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It's nonsense, really. He owns 57% according to an article I saw and his stock is now worth 4.1 billion after it tanked last week.

The site had 4 million in revenue last year, meanwhile there are companies like Bausch & Lomb or Harley-Davidson that have billions in revenue each year that are said to be worth less. It's complete smoke and mirror nonsense, not unlike Tesla stock. But at least Tesla being seen as successful has positive knock-on effects with proliferation of EVs and what not. Truth social offers nothing, especially now that Elon let's nazis and CP enthusiasts run wild on his bot-infested shithole of a website now.
To me the best part of the reporting about this (as of yesterday, haven't seen anything about this today) is that you have articles going "TRUTHSOCIAL WENT FROM $70 TO $55, IT'S ALREADY CRASHED AND BURNED". But... that's still puts this obviously worthless stocks in the billions. Trump's net worth is still in the billions merely from this. I am kinda surprised he simply hasn't finalized the grift, cashed out and leave his followers hanging dry... You'd almost think he believes in the company.

Different issue but to me it's felt for a while that musk's impact on twitter has been vastly overstated. He did apparently tank the company's revenue stream but he has stuck to his alleged principles on this one at least. It is a shame that he has been utterly ineffective at keeping bots out.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
To me the best part of the reporting about this (as of yesterday, haven't seen anything about this today) is that you have articles going "TRUTHSOCIAL WENT FROM $70 TO $55, IT'S ALREADY CRASHED AND BURNED". But... that's still puts this obviously worthless stocks in the billions. Trump's net worth is still in the billions merely from this. I am kinda surprised he simply hasn't finalized the grift, cashed out and leave his followers hanging dry... You'd almost think he believes in the company.

Different issue but to me it's felt for a while that musk's impact on twitter has been vastly overstated. He did apparently tank the company's revenue stream but he has stuck to his alleged principles on this one at least. It is a shame that he has been utterly ineffective at keeping bots out.
I think Trump is expecting it to go up again, and he likely plans on using the platform during his campaign. It's brilliant to wait it out, especially if he's going to make money either way.

Alleged principles? Which ones? Free speech? Because he's been banning or firing or suspending or shadow banning anyone that disagreed with him or his views. You can't even call him a cis, apparently, without some repercussion. A lot of Palestinian supporters wanting ceasefire have also gotten banned or suspended, while Zionists openly calling for genocide haven't.

I mean, I'm actually pleasantly surprised he banned or suspended Kanye for his anti-Semitic tweets.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think Trump is expecting it to go up again, and he likely plans on using the platform during his campaign. It's brilliant to wait it out, especially if he's going to make money either way.

Alleged principles? Which ones? Free speech? Because he's been banning or firing or suspending or shadow banning anyone that disagreed with him or his views. You can't even call him a cis, apparently, without some repercussion. A lot of Palestinian supporters wanting ceasefire have also gotten banned or suspended, while Zionists openly calling for genocide haven't.

I mean, I'm actually pleasantly surprised he banned or suspended Kanye for his anti-Semitic tweets.
I suppose trump is the right amount of unhinged to expect it to go up. But the only way he makes money out of a company with negative revenue at this point is selling the stock.

Yes? Musk hasn't been inconsistent with what he has said and done with/about twitter. My comment wasn't on the morality/politics of what musk is doing.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I suppose trump is the right amount of unhinged to expect it to go up. But the only way he makes money out of a company with negative revenue at this point is selling the stock.

Yes? Musk hasn't been inconsistent with what he has said and done with/about twitter. My comment wasn't on the morality/politics of what musk is doing.
How badly would the company have to do for him to not make any money off it? Just stocks going to 0? I don't know how much he paid to get the stocks, I just assumed he was given it for free. But again, it's a gamble and a long-run kind of thing, and the campaign is probably going to help the site out immensely. Trump will probably sell few months after the election ends, or a month after, unless he loses the primary somehow.

You missed the point. He has been inconsistent with what he said about Twitter because he claimed to be for free speech, but he's oppressing free speech that he doesn't like.

On another topic, if Dems want to win, they better replace Biden, or they have no right to complain. Even if we don't take into the fact that Biden is actively supporting a genocide, he's broken promises and has done very little on some promises he did promise to carry out. Few billions in student loan wiped out, when he promised to cancel waaay more. Women in several states lost their rights and can get punished even for miscarriage. Police has seen far more funding, especially in NYC where they are not preventing violence.

It's exhausting seeing Dems blame the left or everyone but themselves, and Clinton's comment on Fallon's show just hurt them even more.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
How badly would the company have to do for him to not make any money off it? Just stocks going to 0? I don't know how much he paid to get the stocks, I just assumed he was given it for free. But again, it's a gamble and a long-run kind of thing, and the campaign is probably going to help the site out immensely. Trump will probably sell few months after the election ends, or a month after, unless he loses the primary somehow.

You missed the point. He has been inconsistent with what he said about Twitter because he claimed to be for free speech, but he's oppressing free speech that he doesn't like.

On another topic, if Dems want to win, they better replace Biden, or they have no right to complain. Even if we don't take into the fact that Biden is actively supporting a genocide, he's broken promises and has done very little on some promises he did promise to carry out. Few billions in student loan wiped out, when he promised to cancel waaay more. Women in several states lost their rights and can get punished even for miscarriage. Police has seen far more funding, especially in NYC where they are not preventing violence.

It's exhausting seeing Dems blame the left or everyone but themselves, and Clinton's comment on Fallon's show just hurt them even more.
Hmmm, I don't think you are handling basic financial concepts. As far as I can tell trump created truth social. When a company is created it's made up of a number of shares and the value is pretty much what investors put into it. Obviously the owners (in this case trump and co) own all the stock. Then it increases in value as it makes money. The real value of a company is generally the sum of its assets, debts, cash... but this can be tricky to pinpoint and there are multiple ways to calculate the value of a company. When it goes public speculation drives share price up or down. The "right" way to invest is usually buy and hold. You buy a stock from a company you think will make money and sell it years down the line at a profit. Speculation means a stock in the marketplace can have value that is different from reality. As in, worth more or less than the sum total of its assets, debt, profits... But generally stocks eventually come to a price that meets reality.

Now, when it comes to truth social evidence suggest the company is essentially operating at a massive loss but it's stock is worth an astronomical 50 bucks (was 75). So trump can't make money from company dividends because there are none. A stock going up or down by itself does not generate any cash flow. In a non trump case buying a stock obviously requires you to give money in exchange for said stock. But it going up or down in value doesn't generate any cash flow. Selling a stock causes you to realize either a gain or a loss (unless you bought and sell for the same price in which case you simply lost to inflation).

TBH I don't think biden will win at this point. Even if biden wasn't a potato the reality is that his policies cater to essentially no one. Trump obviously is not better in the grand schemes of things but he at least caters to someone (even if they are lunatics who think the world is run by lizards).

I will add that there's still room for endless scams trump can run in the stock market. People can make money there in the most inane ways, my post is by no means comprehensive on that rabbit hole. But the more obvious way for trump to make money there is to simply sell his stock if anyone is willing to pay for it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I have very little knowledge about Truth Social. I didn't know Trump created it, but he's probably not too worried because he tends to call bankruptcy and benefit from it. He's also probably confident someone will buy.

I mean, if someone financed a Daily Wire film where Biden sniffed Gina Carrano's character, then I"m sure they won't mind buying stocks from Trump