Round of 16 - Gildarts vs Jellal | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Gildarts vs Jellal

Who is Ishgar's best?

• Gildarts

Votes: 56 71.8%
  • Jellal

Votes: 22 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gildarts for me.

Who had better performance against August = who wins this match. Jellal with CS couldn't damage August. Gildarts with freaking Cana could.
Well Cana is the most powerful in the series. She's just been holding back all this time because she doesn't want to embarrass anybody. She was immune to Larcade's magic and even defeated August with a little help from Gildarts.

She wields the power of boobs, and boobs trump all.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Jellal will put up a very good fight, but this is Gildarts we are talking about after all. He is clearly Ishgar's strongest (alive at least). I mean, August couldn't take him down (and keep him down anyway) but he was able to take on Jellal and his gang singlehandedly. Gildarts has more raw power and MP than Jellal. Jellal is faster certainly, and more versatile, but Gildart's crash takes care of most of his spells. Jellal will have to beat Gildarts down, something August couldn't pull off. At this stage, there are only a handful of characters that can defeat Gildarts, and Jellal isn't one of them.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What about Pleaides and Kyuraishin? Considering he was able to catch someone of Acnologia's stature offguard for a few moments, I'd say Gildarts would have a hard time reacting to spells like that.
Also, Grand Chariot can be casted pretty quickly as shown in the Acnologia fight, I wouldn't exactly say it's a slow spell.
Acno dodged Pelaides, and because of that was caught off guard by Kyuraishin, Gildarts would just shatter the spells instead, without moving an inch.
Jellal also isnt the only one who got some new spells, Gildart's "cubing" spell as well as All Crush are both nearly instantaneous, hard to imagine Jellal evading either.
That aside, im not saying Jellal doesnt land any hits, just that Jellal will be hindered by the fact that his big guns are slow casting spells, which makes them vulnerable to Gildart's Crash.

Grand Chariot's casting speed is slower than Neinhart's Historia casting speed, so imo Gildarts would have ample time to destroy it.

Xaos sama

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
how can people say that gildarts and cana did better than august than CS did? the fight was off-panel and we didn't see anything.
I can say that jellal did much better than god serena against acnologia, but the a > b > c argument can't be played here.

if jellal can blitz human in base and blitze his dragon form with meteor, and dodge his roar, then there's no way in hell gildarts can even touch jellal.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
P.Attack - Gildarts >>> Jellal
M.Attack - Gildarts << Jellal
Defense - Gildarts >>> Jellal
Intellect - Gildarts >> Jellal
Stamina - Gildarts = Jellal
MP - Gildarts >>> Jellal

Gildarts >>> Jellal
Dif - 4. Obvious winner with good fight (description in sign).

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
how can people say that gildarts and cana did better than august than CS did? the fight was off-panel and we didn't see anything.
I can say that jellal did much better than god serena against acnologia, but the a > b > c argument can't be played here.

if jellal can blitz human in base and blitze his dragon form with meteor, and dodge his roar, then there's no way in hell gildarts can even touch jellal.
Well, at the end of the August vs CS fight, Jellal and CS were down while August was unscathed.
At the end of August vs Gildarts and Cana fight (before August's suicide), Cana and Gildarts were still standing, and August had taken damage from GIldarts.
Clearly, Gildarts and Cana did mch better than Jellal and OS. That's unfair to use this to downgrade Jellal, but this is still a reality.

Xaos sama

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Well, at the end of the August vs CS fight, Jellal and CS were down while August was unscathed.
At the end of August vs Gildarts and Cana fight (before August's suicide), Cana and Gildarts were still standing, and August had taken damage from GIldarts.
Clearly, Gildarts and Cana did mch better than Jellal and OS. That's unfair to use this to downgrade Jellal, but this is still a reality.
the only way, cana and gildarts could've damaged august was because they figured his magic's weakness (it can't work against holder type).. without that the fight would've ended like august vs CS... CS didn't have that advantage.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
the only way, cana and gildarts could've damaged august was because they figured his magic's weakness (it can't work against holder type).. without that the fight would've ended like august vs CS... CS didn't have that advantage.
Even still, Gildarts has shown to perform better than Jellal before he found out his weakness. He was on the ground and already defeated, Gildarts was still continuing on fighting.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I know that pretty well:
To be fair i don't think Jellal's bad performance against August should be taken into consideration. He had no way to discover August's weakness, contrary to Gildarts who had Cana.
That's why i said it is unfair to judge Jellal based on that. But you saying we don't know if Jellal did worse than Gildarts is just not true. He DID worse than Gildarts, due to Cana being here.
Had you said "we don't know if Gildarts alone would do better against August than Jellal alone", i would have agreed with you. But cannonically, Cana and Gildarts did better than Jellal and OS. There's no point refuting that. However, as we can agree, this shouldn't be used to downgrade Jellal compared to Gildarts.

Xaos sama

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Even still, Gildarts has shown to perform better than Jellal before he found out his weakness. He was on the ground and already defeated, Gildarts was still continuing on fighting.
we don't know that since we didn't see the fight, they were already fighting him when the scene cut to them, & they were pretty damanged and hoteye was knocked out. august was fighting girldarts with a stick while talking about the parent & children relationship xD, hell he didn't even finish off cana, is cana better than jellal? august was reflecting every spell they were using at them. infact, the number was a disavantage.
I think it's unfair to judge them just because they fought the same enemie, ST and BP got defeated by bradman , yet sting alon hold his own for a while against the so called third strongest spriggan.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
IMO Jellal's performance against Acnologia > Gildart's performance against August.
yeah Human/Acnologia---->speed Blized August/Jacob/God Serena, so now apparently Jellal is stronger than August...

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Come on why is Jella facing Gildarts ?? I would totally give it to Gildartz but Jellal's my boi so i voted for Jellal. Please vote for him, he will never pass anyway bc is facing Gil but I don t him to have life 3 votes.... Poor Jellal

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gildartz could probably just turn Jellal into blocks.

Gildartz accomplished that feat against August... there's no reason why he can't do the same to Jellal.

Jellal's speed is pointless here because even August used Meteor and still could not beat Gildartz with it.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I like Gildarts more so I'm voting for Gildarts. He'll beat Jellal, who was decimated by August along with his group.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal's feats against Acnologia have raised him high enough in my books to be just barely in the highest tier of Ishgar mages (Natsu, Gildarts, Laxus in that tier and Gray and Erza in the tier below). Apart from those feats, which are pretty open to interpretation, his only others this arc have been against Neinhart, which haven't been all that impressive. With all that in mind, I simply don't see him winning against Gildarts.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Jellal's feats against Acnologia really add anything to his overall power/strength.

Gildartz once said that Acnologia gutted him before he even knew it. That was when Acnologia was serious... just like when he instantly put a hole through God Serena.

The reason why Jellal has been able to last this long against Acnologia is because the black dragon himself is fooling around.

If we go by this logic, everybody on Tenrou Island should be considered Jellal tier.

On Tenrou Island, everybody hit Acnologia in his dragon form and survived for 15 minutes or so.

Makarov even wrestled with Acnologia and survived after being clawed.

So Jellal's current feats against Acnologia is not really as significant as it seems, considering Pre-Timeskip FT members already achieved that feat during Tenrou Arc.

The fact is, Acnologia could kill anybody in an instant if he had any intention to do so.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts would likely crush any of Jellals spells anway, So I'm going with Gildarts here.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Gildarts wins Gildarts was even able deal some damage against Nerfed/August....
Not a great
P.Attack - Gildarts >>> Jellal
M.Attack - Gildarts << Jellal
Defense - Gildarts >>> Jellal
Intellect - Gildarts >> Jellal
Stamina - Gildarts = Jellal
MP - Gildarts >>> Jellal

Gildarts >>> Jellal
Dif - 4. Obvious winner with good fight (description in sign).
I've got to ask; How do you come about such conclusion? For example, this one [Intellect - Gildarts >> Jellal]

Status
Not open for further replies.