Group - Group C Battle Royale | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Juvia Lockser

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That wasn't what you said. I quoted your exact words. Anyway, even with this statement, you're implying the same thing. If you're overwhelming someone, that means you're better and again, how did Kagura even remotely do this? She parried an attack. That was literally all. How does that translate to overwhelm and you said overwhelm Kagura which means you're talking in a general sense. I fail to see the connection here.
Overwhelm is what you call Natsu vs Bluenote or FDKM vs Jacob. If you're referring to a single aspect, then it needs to be specific. For instance, Kagura being overwhelmed by Dimaria's Magic.
Here is what I said:

Kagura has the feats to overwhelm Dimaria.
I never said Kagura was stronger than Wahl or Dimaria. I clearly stated that Kagura outclassed Wahl in speed and overwhelmed Dimaria in skills.
Also, when I say she outclasses Wahl, I'm talking about speed.
I literally repeated myself that Kagura is a match for Dimaria and Wahl... Meaning she should be on par.
First, Overwhelm ≠ Better. That is faulty logic because all the Tartaros Demons overwhelmed Fairy Tail. Not a single one was defeated with ease. Overwhelm here means that there was an exchange where the fight wasn't so one-sided. In other words, one or both sides had trouble. Second, I was specifically referring to skills as I quoted myself which is backed up by Dimaria's statement herself. Lastly, Natsu vs Bluenote and Natsu vs Jacob is more like a one-sided fight or a one-shot rather than overwhelm.

That's hasty conclusion. Wahl used one attack there (rockets). He intended for that attack to mass wipe out fodder. Regardless of how powerful the rockets may seem, it wasn't an attack intended for those that are powerful. That is, he didn't use the attack with the intention to KO an opponent he considered a serious threat. Kagura slicing the missiles is impressive but it doesn't in anyway indicate that she can take on a wahl. The issue is that you're taking single instances and jumping to somewhat extreme conclusions. Blocking/evading a single attack doesn't make you equal to the attacker.
That's like saying because someone tanked Natsu's base roar means said person can fight on par with him.
No, there is no telling that Wahl used that attack to wipe out fodders. He could have gone overboard. That is exactly what I was arguing about with another user. That attacked killed a member from Mermaid Heel and if we just look at damage it did, then it goes to prove how strong it actually was. Not only that, but it covered such a wide area. Even if most of the missiles already hit, Kagura still sliced through 5+ rockets within a second.

I used this feat as a way to say that Kagura is a match for a Spriggan mainly because of speed. Her skills were proven through Dimaria. We know she has high MP, attack, and defense from previous fights. What else do we need to say that she is Spriggan Level? I mean everyone says Gajeel is one when we've seen nothing from him. Kagura has more feats here.

Why is Wendy different? You're referencing Kagura blocking Dimaria's strike as one to imply she's equal. Wendy literally kicked Dimaria in the face. She was fast enough to do so without Dimaria being able to block. However, we saw how that turned out eventually. My point? A single instance doesn't imply the conclusion will be the same. Dimaria took a DF powered kick to the face and came out unscathed. We only say now that Wendy is weaker since we saw the end but if Mashima had left us only with that panel of Wendy kicking Dimaria, then we'd be in the same position as with Kagura.
Wendy is different because we know she is weak. She was too far behind in Tartaros to catch up to a Spriggan's level. Kagura, on the other hand, was very much on Erza's level so to say that she caught up and became Spriggan level is not that much of a stretch. Actually, even before the fight, I knew Wendy and Chelia would lose against Dimaria. I'd call the fight nonsense if they won. The fact that Chelia got an overpowered power-up made me dislike the fight but it would be better than if those two girls soloed Dimaria with ease. Also, the feat from Wendy that you're referencing just proves my point. Wendy did nothing to Dimaria. Meanwhile, we have Kagura who could still do something and based on her stats as well as her feats + hype, it is reasonable to say she is Spriggan level. Otherwise, we would be sitting here and saying Gray isn't Spriggan level when we know for a fact that he is. He may not be on Natsu's level but I have no doubts that he is Spriggan level. Note that even Kagura has more feats than Gray.

For reference:

Notice their reaction. Gray comments that it's nothing like they've felt before. He mentions nothing about it being overwhelming. Later on, he says she's better than the old man (but that's after she has used her magic to reshape the island). Again, no mention of being overwhelmed. Nothing about losing track of their surroundings. Heck Gray even notices Natsu holding his arm in the next page. From their expressions and words, they're surprised not overwhelmed.
As far as I am concerned, overwhelm = surprise. The fact that Gray and Natsu were surprised by Brandish's power is no different from Kagura being surprised by Dimaria's power. If we're just grasping at words, then they both mean the same thing.

Not sure where you got this from. I never said it was a reference to attack power. I know it's a reference to Mp.
Then there shouldn't be any argument here. Calling someone's magic overwhelming is a direct statement. Saying "Whats up with her magic... It's nothing like we've ever felt before" is just an indirect way of calling someone's magic overwhelming. Besides it would be boring if Hiro Mashima just copied and pasted the same statement over and over again, so he has to phrase it differently to change it up.

Erza had practically defeated Kagura when Minerva stepped in (that's why Minerva came to begin with) and then Erza still had enough in the tank to defeat Minerva (who finished off Kagura). Point still stands.
Actually, she didn't. Erza was at the mercy of Kagura in this panel.

But she got back up and fought, right? So why can't Kagura do the same? In fact, she was about to when Minerva stepped in.

Well she got kicked in the face, hardly going to impress her. Also, she doesn't have to praise Wendy when we have panels that prove Wendy was able to land a successful hit on Dimaria.
Exactly. That kick in the face hardly impressed Dimaria because it did no damage. The fact that the hit was successful or not doesn't really matter. But not only was Kagura able to defend from a surprise attack, Dimaria could see the skills that Kagura possessed unlike Wendy.

Nope, it's not for the sake of this argument. I never said I entirely like the idea of PoF but the fact remains that it's legit. Erza has proved consistently that she can go beyond her limits when she fights. Mashima apparently said the same thing in an interview, that is, that Erza's determination can help her best an opponent who would normally be stronger. We've seen this consistently so there's no need to act like PoF doesn't exist. It's a legit ability for Erza. Obviously there's a cap on it. No need for sarcasm.
Sure, getting stronger from anger is natural. Just like when Juvia got stronger by thinking about Gray when she fought Meredy.

This is legitimate because she didn't go from having trouble to an automatic one-shot. Actually, this is a prime example of how PoF should be used. Not when it increases your power by a full tier or more.

Again, you're missing the point. You're implying Jellal hindered Kagura when he was in fact saving her. Also, I didn't say she would get one shotted. I said she need to be saved and we know she has nowhere near the endurance and durability of Erza. See, that's the same logic you're using with your earlier claims of Kagura being able to best Wahl and Dimaria in those fields. There's no exclusive proof to that.

Yes, because if Kagura was strong enough, she wouldn't be on the background to begin with. She would have fought alongside, not simply behind.
Nope, that example doesn't follow. Cana snuck up on Brandish. There's a difference between taking advantage of a situation and remaining in the background regardless. Cana did the former, Kagura was the latter.
I agree he saved her. From taking damage... It's not like if he wasn't there, then Kagura would be defeated. There is no proof of that. We saw Erza take damage in her fight. But she managed to defeat Ajeel. It happens with everybody. To come out of a battle unscathed means there is a huge difference in power which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Now, comparing Erza and Kagura, I think we have enough evidence to say that they are likely the same in terms of endurance. Sure, Erza has durability with her armors but we saw Kagura has the attack power to cut through Erza's most defensive armor. And that is when her sword was unsheathed.

Either way, Kagura has the speed to blitz Erza so the fight could still be in her favor.

As for the fight with Neinhart, Erza and Kagura obviously didn't get the spotlight because Jellal has it. Plus, he is stronger. That much I can agree. Jellal is comparable to Laxus who should be above Erza. However, that does not mean Kagura can't take on Neinhart or another Spriggan herself either...

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Okay, my bad. I didn't see the part about growth rate. But either way, how can you say for certain that main characters have superior growth rate? Growth rates can range and depends on the individual themselves. It has nothing to do with side characters or main characters. For example, Erza would have lost against a Spriggan like Ajeel. Right now, she is portrayed to have a lower growth rate than most. Meanwhile, everyone else is being hyped. Nonetheless, they were able to defeat the Spriggans. Also, Jura went from having a little bit of trouble against Oración Seis to being one of the strongest mages. His growth rate is pretty significant. There are many other characters who improved a lot as well like Lyon, Meredy, Gajeel, Mirajane, etc.

Sorry, didn't see your post. Anyways, explain why Mard Geer is in the Top 4. How would Jura or Kagura lose to Mard Geer? Furthermore, what does Mard Geer have that would allow him to move on to the next round?
It is obvious and a troupe in shonen Fairy Tail is no exception, if this was the case people like Eigor would be Natsu tier right now I shouldn't have to explain this. The main cast grows faster than the other characters, while how is Erza losing to Ajeel prove anything? Only other main characters or characters that have always been above her are stronger. THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES pretty much proves that main cast has the superior growth rate. The cast literally closed a 7 year gap in strength in the space of 3 months (not including Natsu and co). Jura grew that strong AFTER 7 YEARS, if Jura had the same growth rate as Laxus and Natsu he'd be stronger than any Spirggan, all your example did is prove my point. Gajeel and Mira are apart of the main cast.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It is obvious and a troupe in shonen Fairy Tail is no exception, if this was the case people like Eigor would be Natsu tier right now I shouldn't have to explain this. The main cast grows faster than the other characters, while how is Erza losing to Ajeel prove anything? Only other main characters or characters that have always been above her are stronger. THE GRAND MAGIC GAMES pretty much proves that main cast has the superior growth rate. The cast literally closed a 7 year gap in strength in the space of 3 months (not including Natsu and co). Jura grew that strong AFTER 7 YEARS, if Jura had the same growth rate as Laxus and Natsu he'd be stronger than any Spirggan, all your example did is prove my point. Gajeel and Mira are apart of the main cast.
No, actually if anything, you're proving my point. Team Natsu (the main cast) only caught up by receiving Second Origin. That tells us nothing about growth rate. Unless you're trying to tell me that Chelia receiving Third Origin would count as well. But you know that wouldn't go in your favor because Chelia is a side character. Anyways, if you think Gajeel and Mira are apart of the main cast, then that would only further prove my point. They were the ones who legitimately trained during the 3 months they had to catch up to everyone else in the GMG alongside Laxus. Just face it. Each character has their own growth rate. It is absurd to say for sure that main characters have a faster growth rate than any other side character.

The point about Erza losing to Ajeel proves that she didn't train that much compared to the others. Just wait until we see more feats from other characters and you'll know what I mean. Erza is one of the most known prominent main characters in the series and if she is lagging behind the rest, then that just means your theory falls apart.

Anyways, here is how I see it. The characters that have the most impact to the ending or finale of the series are the ones who will most likely have the greatest growth rate. Note that I am not stating this as a fact, but rather a prediction. By this, I mean Gray and Natsu will probably become one of the strongest characters we will ever see in the manga. This is because they have some sort of connection to the final villains (Acnologia and E.N.D) which is what the plot has been leading up to since the beginning of the series. It has nothing to do with main character or not. I highly doubt Erza or Lucy will ever become that strong. Who knows? Maybe some other character will surpass them.

Mard Geer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
My vote in order:

1. Mard Geer Tartarus
2. Laxus Dreyar
3. Jura Neekis
4. Mirajane Strauss

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Here is what I said:

First, Overwhelm ≠ Better. That is faulty logic because all the Tartaros Demons overwhelmed Fairy Tail. Not a single one was defeated with ease. Overwhelm here means that there was an exchange where the fight wasn't so one-sided. In other words, one or both sides had trouble. Second, I was specifically referring to skills as I quoted myself which is backed up by Dimaria's statement herself. Lastly, Natsu vs Bluenote and Natsu vs Jacob is more like a one-sided fight or a one-shot rather than overwhelm.
Well that wasn't what I replied to. What is quoted was you saying Kagura is faster than Wahl and more skilled than Dimaria. Doesn't seem to change much from what you're saying here but like I said before, this is simply hasty conclusion. Wahl was clearly not using the more powerful attacks in his employ. Wahl himself didn't move. There's literally zero basis for comparing Wahl and Kagura in speed. It's not like it's a given that Wahl's rockets move faster or as fast as Wahl himself. Saying Kagura is faster than Wahl is a huge assumption.

Which Tartaros demons overwhelmed who? Overwhelm in Merriam Webster dictionary has these meanings:
  • to affect (someone) very strongly
  • to cause (someone) to have too many things to deal with
  • to defeat (someone or something) completely

Now in the context of battles, the last definition is appropriate and it says to defeat completely. That's something the Tartaros demons didn't do. They never overwhelmed FT. At least not in a general sense and going by the definitions.

No, there is no telling that Wahl used that attack to wipe out fodders. He could have gone overboard. That is exactly what I was arguing about with another user. That attacked killed a member from Mermaid Heel and if we just look at damage it did, then it goes to prove how strong it actually was. Not only that, but it covered such a wide area. Even if most of the missiles already hit, Kagura still sliced through 5+ rockets within a second.

I used this feat as a way to say that Kagura is a match for a Spriggan mainly because of speed. Her skills were proven through Dimaria. We know she has high MP, attack, and defense from previous fights. What else do we need to say that she is Spriggan Level? I mean everyone says Gajeel is one when we've seen nothing from him. Kagura has more feats here.
Bringing 'ifs' and 'maybes' lead into an endless loop. I could turn that around to say that he could've toned it down because he didn't think he needed to do anything serious to erase the enemy. Saying he could've gone overboard can't be considered here.
The attack killed a mermaid heel Mage? What exactly does that change? They're fodder. At least to the spriggans. You make its sound as though an attack (potentially) killing a mermaid heel Mage automatically means the spriggan was serious. Mermaid heel is a fodder guild. It's not like this is even SaberTooth or something. The spriggans are monsters. They're casual attacks are absurd to begin with. Heck their mere presence is enough to intimidate a seasoned mage. No one said the attack wasn't strong, the point is that you're claiming it was automatically one of Wahl's better attacks. We saw Natsu near obliterate Bluenote with a roar (without even naming it). The attack was overwhelming from Bluenote's POV. From Natsu, it was just a roar. Pretty much his most basic/used attack. Doesn't mean it's weak but it doesn't mean it's his strongest or among either.

Speed doesn't automatically make her spriggan level. Like I said before, Wendy actually blitzed Dimaria, managing to successfully attack her before she could react. I've never said Gajeel is spriggan level. I may assume he's potentially one based on hype and plot, but his feats don't indicate he is. I don't consider Gray or Erza spriggan level either. Going by current manga feats, both will lose if they fight solo. Only Natsu and Laxus have currently proven they're spriggan tier within FT and then Jellal outside.

Lastly, being able to fight a spriggan or hold your own for a while doesn't make you spriggan tier. The gods of ishgar were able to eventually shrug off Serena's attack and then incapacitate him, but they still lost. In the end, they're not spriggan tier. To be spriggan tier means you can fight on par or defeat a spriggan. Erza for example is close, but she's not actually there. She wasn't on par with Ajeel, she was beneath him.

Wendy is different because we know she is weak. She was too far behind in Tartaros to catch up to a Spriggan's level. Kagura, on the other hand, was very much on Erza's level so to say that she caught up and became Spriggan level is not that much of a stretch. Actually, even before the fight, I knew Wendy and Chelia would lose against Dimaria. I'd call the fight nonsense if they won. The fact that Chelia got an overpowered power-up made me dislike the fight but it would be better than if those two girls soloed Dimaria with ease. Also, the feat from Wendy that you're referencing just proves my point. Wendy did nothing to Dimaria. Meanwhile, we have Kagura who could still do something and based on her stats as well as her feats + hype, it is reasonable to say she is Spriggan level. Otherwise, we would be sitting here and saying Gray isn't Spriggan level when we know for a fact that he is. He may not be on Natsu's level but I have no doubts that he is Spriggan level. Note that even Kagura has more feats than Gray.
All this based on Kagura blocking one attack from Dimaria.
Also, I wouldn't say Gray is spriggan tier. Plot demands that FT somehow best the spriggans but it doesn't mean they can all do so individually. I'm pretty sure there's no proof to Gray being spriggan level. He can certainly fight one, but it doesn't mean he's on their level. Based on feats, Gray isn't spriggan tier. You strongly believe he is because he's a main character and is supposed to be Natsu's rival. Certainly one can argue about him fighting a spriggan but until proven, he can't be placed on that tier. We've seen him use an Ice DS move on a spriggan and have zero effect. He has a secret move, but this tournament is based on feats as much as possible, and Gray (as well as Kagura) both lack feats to claim they're spriggan tier.

As far as I am concerned, overwhelm = surprise. The fact that Gray and Natsu were surprised by Brandish's power is no different from Kagura being surprised by Dimaria's power. If we're just grasping at words, then they both mean the same thing.
Well it isn't the same thing. Words can hold different meanings and facial expressions/dialogues are to be taken into account. Context matters. You can't have Kagura saying that Dimaria's overwhelming MP made her lose track/sense of her surroundings and claim it's the same as Gray saying that Brandish is unlike anything they've met before. Gray simply compared the current enemy to those of the past and thus said she wasn't on the level of opponents they've fought before. Kagura.., well Kagura basically got sucked into another world. One where Dimaria's MP was all she could feel.

Then there shouldn't be any argument here. Calling someone's magic overwhelming is a direct statement. Saying "Whats up with her magic... It's nothing like we've ever felt before" is just an indirect way of calling someone's magic overwhelming. Besides it would be boring if Hiro Mashima just copied and pasted the same statement over and over again, so he has to phrase it differently to change it up.
Well he can phrase it differently to be sure, but he changed it this time by adding that extra bit.
That statement you quoted, like I said, is a comparison being made with the current enemy and those of the past. Later on, we have Gray compare it to that of Makarov and state that it's better. Again, comparisons.

Actually, she didn't. Erza was at the mercy of Kagura in this panel.

But she got back up and fought, right? So why can't Kagura do the same? In fact, she was about to when Minerva stepped in.

You don't claim someone was at the mercy if said person was able to get back up. Being at kagura's mercy indicates that Kagura could've done as she pleaded without Erza being unable to do squat about it which wasn't the case.

And then she got hit and stayed down. But Erza fought through and bested Minerva eventually. That's the difference. Erza can simply keep going. Kagura and Erza are not far off in strength actually, but Erza's durability/endurance and Tenacity outclass that of Kagura by a pretty long shot. I mean; consider the attack that eventually took Kagura down. When Erza fought Kyoka (which was shortly after GMG), Erza took far more damage despite already being severely injured and with heightened sensations and loss of her sense, all from a more powerful opponent (than Minerva) who was constantly getting stronger. She still bested her opponent. Kyoka doubted that Erza even feels pain. Compare that to the flesh wound that Kagura got that kept her down.

Exactly. That kick in the face hardly impressed Dimaria because it did no damage. The fact that the hit was successful or not doesn't really matter. But not only was Kagura able to defend from a surprise attack, Dimaria could see the skills that Kagura possessed unlike Wendy.
Dimaria said Kagura was not bad. I don't get why you're drawing such conclusions from a 'not bad'. The choice of words are even specific there. 'Not bad'. It was a 'good' or 'impressive' or so. It was a 'not bad'.

Sure, getting stronger from anger is natural. Just like when Juvia got stronger by thinking about Gray when she fought Meredy.

This is legitimate because she didn't go from having trouble to an automatic one-shot. Actually, this is a prime example of how PoF should be used. Not when it increases your power by a full tier or more.
We're not here to discuss PoF or if it's logical or likable. The fact remains that Erza is able to keep on going for the sake of her nakama. To extents far beyond what should've been her limit. This is canon fact regardless of how its accepted.

I agree he saved her. From taking damage... It's not like if he wasn't there, then Kagura would be defeated. There is no proof of that. We saw Erza take damage in her fight. But she managed to defeat Ajeel. It happens with everybody. To come out of a battle unscathed means there is a huge difference in power which doesn't seem to be the case here.
Never said it would've defeated her. However, my point was that you claimed she didn't get her chance against a spriggan. I refuted this by saying she did indeed have two shots. First against Dimaria (which was a hopeless situation) and then against neinhart. Despite these chances, she was never able to do anything solid to cement her place as close to spriggan tier. Instead, she got saved by Jellal. You implied this hindered her but the point remains that she needed saving and considering how much you've been harping on her 'speed' that's saying a lot. You claim slicing a few rockets and partying an attack are enough to say that she faster and more skilled than Wahl and Dimaria respectively but she wouldn't have needed to be saved if she was. At least, we saw that Jellal moves faster (considering she couldn't get out of the way) and yet Jellal still got hit. The main basis of your argument has been her speed and plausible strength not her ability to tank (because she isn't one) and yet that speed failed her from a rather casual attack from neinhart.

Now, comparing Erza and Kagura, I think we have enough evidence to say that they are likely the same in terms of endurance. Sure, Erza has durability with her armors but we saw Kagura has the attack power to cut through Erza's most defensive armor. And that is when her sword was unsheathed.

No they aren't. Not in terms of endurance. Erza can keep going much longer and with more damage than Kagura.
Cutting through Erza's most powerful weapon is indeed impressive but it becomes redundant when Erza blocked and fought on par with Kagura after she unsealed archenemy.

Either way, Kagura has the speed to blitz Erza so the fight could still be in her favor.
Well the speed didn't do her much favor asides the earlier stages on their fight, hence the outcome of the fight.
Like I mentioned before, putting 'could or maybe' brings an endless loop. Maybe Kagura can have the fight in her favor but canonically, she didn't. And this is considering she was fighting Erza without SO. She was literally fighting Erza who was 7 years behind. And then Erza was a match for her. SO gave Erza back the advantage she should've have had. That difference didn't just go away.

As for the fight with Neinhart, Erza and Kagura obviously didn't get the spotlight because Jellal has it. Plus, he is stronger. That much I can agree. Jellal is comparable to Laxus who should be above Erza. However, that does not mean Kagura can't take on Neinhart or another Spriggan herself either...
I've actually never said Kagura can't take on a spriggan. Realistically speaking, her level should be good enough for that, provided the enemy isn't using hax (age seal for example). However, that doesn't make her spriggan tier. The other issue is claiming that her skills surpass those of the spriggans when there's zero evidence to the fact. Slicing Wahl's rockets isn't a basis for comparing her to Wahl in terms of speed. Blocking Dimaria's strike isn't basis for saying she's more skilled. These conclusions are hasty and unfounded tbh.[/quote]

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:
As scheduled, Group C Battle Royale thread will now be closed for discussions. You can still vote for your choices until tomorrow (May 19th, 12.00 GMT). Thank you for participating~ ahmadrizqik

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Here is the result!
Laxus Dreyar - 56 votes
Mard Geer Tartarus - 50 votes
Ajeel Ramal - 46 votes
Jura Neekis - 26 votes
Mirajane Strauss - 26 votes

Lucy Heartfilia - 14 votes
Kagura Mikazuchi - 8 votes
Juvia Lockser - 6 votes

Laxus, Mard Geer, Ajeel, Jura, and Mira advance to next round. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.