Anime - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Uuuuuh, Gawain's VA just hits all the right spots

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Chibi Tristan is precious, I want to smack Meliodas up the head even more.
Was Golgius also in the manga scene, fighting Pellegarde alongside Pelliot and the other guy?

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chibi Tristan is precious, I want to smack Meliodas up the head even more.
Was Golgius also in the manga scene, fighting Pellegarde alongside Pelliot and the other guy?
Yapp, he was. Threw knives at his backside, too. Classic Golgius.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Mera my beloved... 😭

Very good episode. The artist must love Gawain, she looked really good in this episode, her magic is so pretty too. The crying scene almost made me spit my food :lmao.

Japanese VAs are so good, I felt so bad for Tristan being the only one trying to do the right thing. The Tristan-Gawain was funnier to me knowing who these two voice in Ragna Crimson. The moment where he hesitated to draw his blades felt weak compared to the manga, but that's a minor complaint.

They spoiled a lot of things in the OP but I was wondering if they were going to try to hide Jericho's voice nonetheless. They did something but if you are familiar with Marina Inoue, it's easy to guess that it's her.

Curious to know if they'll just adapt 4 chapters next week or more.

Last edited:

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gawains bitchfit was easily the funniest thing in that episode, gotta say her VA has some great range lmao
Also great visuals during all of her scenes, too!

The theme that played when Galand and Mera were coming up was spot on. Really ominous and twisted.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Another very good episode. They adapted 4 chapters, just a few panels of chapter 69(Percival being awed by Tristan's Demon powers) and ended the episode with Lancelot running towards the prison.

They added certain lines and scenes, Gawain tells Lancelot to not interfere in the battle. We also see Tristan dodging and attacking the the other Nephilim, who falls on Percival and Gawain and then get fried by her. When Percival healed from Galan's attacks there were no knights around him, but they show him thinking about what kind of attack he should use to defeat him.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I was waiting for this episode. Gotta say it was amazing.

Anime is also doing a good job explaining what wasn't shown in the manga!

I wanted to see how this episode addresses Merlin. There are two differences between anime and manga. Merlin was removed from one scene, and she was added to another. In manga, only Arthur and Mortlach were checking on the four knights.

Another minor detail that couldn't be shown in manga is this "golden color" associated with Gawain's teleportation magic in form of a golden dust! Definitely beautiful, but is that all there's to it?

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Had to watch the episode twice, first time was on the road and could hardly hear anything...but what is that theme that played during Tristan VS Melascula? I checked Taizai's themes and it doesn't sound like something played during Galand or Melascula's fights...and thankfully doesn't sound like the cacophony playing in Grudge while he fought DP or Lancelot. The arabesque-like flow of it was awesome and slightly reminiscent of the eerie parts of Majin no chi.:super
Found "Echo Gorge" that sounds sorta similar, but not exactly like it.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Had to watch the episode twice, first time was on the road and could hardly hear anything...but what is that theme that played during Tristan VS Melascula? I checked Taizai's themes and it doesn't sound like something played during Galand or Melascula's fights...and thankfully doesn't sound like the cacophony playing in Grudge while he fought DP or Lancelot. The arabesque-like flow of it was awesome and slightly reminiscent of the eerie parts of Majin no chi.:super
Only the OST for this series is going to be used. Excepted maybe for very special occasions. When Tristan was fighting Mera, Confrontation with Evil and Out of Control were used(I guess that's the one you are thinking about).

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Only the OST for this series is going to be used. Excepted maybe for very special occasions. When Tristan was fighting Mera, Confrontation with Evil and Out of Control were used(I guess that's the one you are thinking about).
I was thinking Yamamoto rearranged some music from the old series, considering that we have characters coming back...I so far located Echo Gorge too that follows the same rhythm, but uses different instruments. Thanks.

And I realised my pessimistic hide was looking in the wrong part of the Taizai ost. Dora Gong4in and Ma2tree02 Chi literally had a baby cause otherwise we wouldn't know he's a monster, just like his father :epicfacepalm

Last edited:

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well ep 21 is good, they remove Merlin hint and only show Escanor, the animator probably didn't notice it in the manga. We manage to see Tristan and Lancelot dodging Galland attack. Adding how Tristan transform is plus for me

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
God, I am so happy this animation team loves Gawain as much as I do, the animation is truly great so far. Tristan also got amazing show presence this week. I feel like Galand's attacks could've used a tad more "oomph" and audible impact to them but that's nitpicking on my part.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
They animated delulu Lance so godawfully bad, you'd think his adult version is a Tamaki Suoh poor cosplayer instead of a fantasy hottie...is that were you were going with, studio?! Is Janko now a member of the OHSHC? A nod to Ban claiming she was crossdressing during her Reactor days?!
Other than that, the animation for fighting Jade and Chion was sorta ok, given their background roles...and the girls got a really nice theme for their match(though can't yet recognise if it's Confronting Evil reused/rearranged or another ost...)...oh, and the aftercredits kickstarts the MG fun...so we might get a speedrun on that "special carpet" for the last episode...cause 23 will prolly be Out of Control Pt 2.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Watching that scene with Marina Inoue's voice hits different... Back when Lancelot saved Guila I was sure he had used Magic but it was just basic movement speed after all apparently. Guila VS Jericho was nice. The prisoner asking Jericho to kill her was something they added.

It's not possible to adapt the whole arc with two episodes left. I guess it'll end with Meliodas calling Percival and co for the knighting ceremony or just Arthur declaring war.

They animated delulu Lance so godawfully bad, you'd think his adult version is a Tamaki Suoh poor cosplayer instead of a fantasy hottie...is that were you were going with, studio?! Is Janko now a member of the OHSHC? A nod to Ban claiming she was crossdressing during her Reactor days?!
Other than that, the animation for fighting Jade and Chion was sorta ok, given their background roles...and the girls got a really nice theme for their match(though can't yet recognise if it's Confronting Evil reused/rearranged or another ost...)...oh, and the aftercredits kickstarts the MG fun...so we might get a speedrun on that "special carpet" for the last episode...cause 23 will prolly be Out of Control Pt 2.
You mean the colors? It fits his current style, but his hairstyle ruins it IMO.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
It's not possible to adapt the whole arc with two episodes left. I guess it'll end with Meliodas calling Percival and co for the knighting ceremony or just Arthur declaring war.
That's where I think it'll end, with Arthur doing his swift retreat.
The skinny as a stick design and the hairstyle too. Almost looks like a whole different character, but with Lance's eye and hair colour. Idk if that is the studio trying to dampen the weirdness of the situation, but in that vision he also looks too young to be with a woman in her 30s. At least his manga design made him look like he was somewhere around 25 or older...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That's where I think it'll end, with Arthur doing his swift retreat.
The skinny as a stick design and the hairstyle too. Almost looks like a whole different character, but with Lance's eye and hair colour. Idk if that is the studio trying to dampen the weirdness of the situation, but in that vision he also looks too young to be with a woman in her 30s. At least his manga design made him look like he was somewhere around 25 or older...

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Season 2 coming this October

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
October? Very surprised by this.

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Probably due to Liones arc cannot be finished in 2 episodes, so they put the rest in season 2.
Yes, it became obvious after the recent episode. But that's still pretty fast. I wasn't expecting a S2 this year.

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah episode 23 really prolong the conversation but it good that they add little bit extra scene like mini percy absorb an attack and explode but was expecting the episode ended when Tristan rip off Mela giant head. I guess s1 ended with Meliodas arrive