Anime - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I just hope they don't hang us on either the fusion dance...or the "Stairway to Heaven" scene.
The fight against Meragalan will definitely be fully adapted. I think ending it with Arthur coming for the assessment would be pretty good.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The fight against Meragalan will definitely be fully adapted. I think ending it with Arthur coming for the assessment would be pretty good.
That is a terrifying cliffhanger, are they trying to compete with ufotable? Cause ufotable's almost guaranteed to leave everyone hanging at the end of the Hashira Training mini-season.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Episode 14 watched. The Gowther reveal was cool and I liked the sound direction. It was funny to hear Takaya's "Kyupin". Invasion is such a ridiculous Magic :lmao. The staff had their fun with the babies too.

The most jarring element in this episode is the lack of blood. When Ard and Tamdhu(not the kind of voice I expected at all) died, there was nothing.

They showed Gowther using Invasion on Anne to reveal her the truth about Ard. I hadn't noticed the drawing(?) of Ard and Connie in the manga. I thought it was an addition, but it's in the manga.

Only one arc left before Liones...

That is a terrifying cliffhanger, are they trying to compete with ufotable? Cause ufotable's almost guaranteed to leave everyone hanging at the end of the Hashira Training mini-season.
And that's when they'll start reading the manga :heh.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
And that's when they'll start reading the manga :heh
Who will?

I finally started noticing the new osts, the one when Ard died was properly emotional and I got hyped when Uncle G got angry...
The babies frolicking were precious and them donuts were indeed missing some cranberry jam.

Btw, is Arthur's belt buckle cat head shaped or am I seeing things?

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Undina said:
It is, indeed. That's in the manga, too.

I'm telling ya, Cathpalug is still at large somewhere within Arthur

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
It is, indeed. That's in the manga, too.

I'm telling ya, Cathpalug is still at large somewhere within Arthur
I thought I remembered someone point it out back then, but wasn't confident in being able to find it fast enough.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Who will?

I finally started noticing the new osts, the one when Ard died was properly emotional and I got hyped when Uncle G got angry...
The babies frolicking were precious and them donuts were indeed missing some cranberry jam.

Anime only viewers of course.

And speaking of the OST, it's out.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
So, I got around to listening to a few of those, the ones with the titles standing out most. To my disappointment I realised I wasn't as impressed with the osts playing in the 14th episode to recognise or even remember them, to try and identify them in the lot.
I also wonder if the themes are for the whole season or only for the half already animated. I also realised the sound team must've effed up something during the match between the animated end result, voice acting and music, the music doesn't stand out even if some pieces are pretty all on their own(The boy on the hill, Hope, Starry Night, etc) and some of them have too similar instruments playing on a too even frequency that the piece sounds cacophonic, and not in the eerie jarring way the Demon Clan themes from Taizai used to. Does anyone recall when Out of Control played? Was it at Echo Gorge or with the dragon?

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Listened to all of them. Good overall.

All of Percival-themed tracks are hits or misses to me, most are hits though.

Arthur and the Knights of Prophecy themes are a bit disappointing considering the title.

Some tracks are boring at first but become better near the end.

Underdog, TSDSFKOTA and Hope are my favorites so far.

So, I got around to listening to a few of those, the ones with the titles standing out most. To my disappointment I realised I wasn't as impressed with the osts playing in the 14th episode to recognise or even remember them, to try and identify them in the lot.
I also wonder if the themes are for the whole season or only for the half already animated. I also realised the sound team must've effed up something during the match between the animated end result, voice acting and music, the music doesn't stand out even if some pieces are pretty all on their own(The boy on the hill, Hope, Starry Night, etc) and some of them have too similar instruments playing on a too even frequency that the piece sounds cacophonic, and not in the eerie jarring way the Demon Clan themes from Taizai used to. Does anyone recall when Out of Control played? Was it at Echo Gorge or with the dragon?
They are for the whole season but some aren't going to be used until they reach specific scenes.

Can't check right now but it‘s probably at the Echo Gorge.

Last edited:

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Listened to all of them. Good overall.

All of Percival-themed tracks are hits or misses to me, most are hits though.

Arthur and the Knights of Prophecy themes are a bit disappointing considering the title.

Some tracks are boring at first but become better near the end.

Underdog, TSDSFKOTA and Hope are my favorites so far.

They are for the whole season but some aren't going to be used until they reach specific scenes.

Can't check right now but it‘s probably at the Echo Gorge.
Underdog slipped my attention, but yeah, Hope is one of those that takes a while to pick up and then it really catches you, and TSDSFKTOA is that first theme from the trailer that I thought was a mix of EriOne$ and TSFH's "I love you forever", so it's one of the few I love.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Can we go back to Marvy Jack and more Sawano? The few episodes I watched so far (the first three and sistana arc climax) were mediocre at best, and now the OST is like this! I had high hopes of OST because NnT tracks never failed to impress me!
This one, mediocre at best! :emocat

The good thing is they chose the right color for muscle girl's eyes in OP. I may need to watch one more episode from the whole season. I'm curious to see what they do about Merlin reference in Liones arc! In manga, she could easily be missed, somehow hidden in plain sight. I wonder if anime version ignores her completely! :hmm

Last edited:

somewguy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bolivia
Can we go back to Marvy Jack and more Sawano? The three episodes I watched so far (the first three and sistana arc climax) were mediocre at best, and now the OST is like this! I had high hopes of OST because NnT tracks never failed to impress me!
This one, mediocre at best! :emocat

The good thing is they chose the right color for muscle girl's eyes in OP. I may need to watch one more episode from the whole season. I'm curious to see what they do about Merlin reference in Liones arc! In manga, she could easily be missed, somehow hidden in plain sight. I wonder if anime version ignores her completely! :hmm
Just watched episode 15, and damn... animation is going from bad to worse, I had no expectations for this anime since I saw the trailer, but I didn't think it would be this mid. My fear now is episode 16, in which one will be adapted a very important plot. If they ruin this moment I will definitely drop the anime.

Last edited:

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Just watched episode 15, and damn... animation is going from bad to worse, I had no expectations for this anime since I saw the trailer, but I didn't think it would be this mid. My fear now is episode 16, in which one will be adapted a very important plot. If they ruin this moment I will definitely drop the anime.
I noticed this is your first post here, so welcome to the forum :hi.

I don't know why every SDS and 4KotA anime has to be a let down! My only hope is that Rising Impact finally provides us with a decent adaptation of one of Nakaba's manga series.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Watched the 15th episode. They adapted a lot of chapters, the rest of Chapter 41 and the fights of all the Percival Platoon members(until the reveal of the true name of Donny's Magic) which was in Chapter 46. The Sin-Anne quarrel was shortened, but it had what mattered the most. They still refuse to show Percival groping people, I wonder if they are going to change his encounter with Isolde.

I didn't like these fights very much besides the one against Elgin because of Nasiens's moment but I had forgotten certain things and Donny's fight was pretty good. Also, there was blood and the sound direction was solid. Coach Sin was nice to see. Always proud of Donny's achievements.

Very glad we are done with this part.

Lancelot reveal this week at last :zomg.

Can we go back to Marvy Jack
Huh, no?

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Watched the 15th episode. They adapted a lot of chapters, the rest of Chapter 41 and the fights of all the Percival Platoon members(until the reveal of the true name of Donny's Magic) which was in Chapter 46. The Sin-Anne quarrel was shortened, but it had what mattered the most. They still refuse to show Percival groping people, I wonder if they are going to change his encounter with Isolde.

I didn't like these fights very much besides the one against Elgin because of Nasiens's moment but I had forgotten certain things and Donny's fight was pretty good. Also, there was blood and the sound direction was solid. Coach Sin was nice to see. Always proud of Donny's achievements.

Very glad we are done with this part.

Lancelot reveal this week at last :zomg.
Hasn't the most of the fun is already spoiled thanks to VoE movies and the the obvious reference to a certain dagger destroying boy in Sistana episode?
I don't know how I'd feel if I was anime only though!

That was a joke man. Although I don't care much about the studio anymore. I've said it before. If the new studio is supposed to be "still better than Marvy Jack", it would be a disaster. I can't see how anyone other than old NnT fans is gonna like this thing!

MJ was a horrible experience, but at least we could look forward to albums after each season, because they were exceptionally good. The undeniable fact is "they aren't even better than MJ" in this field!

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is me being influenced by Tekken 8 and the last Frieren episode, but I think Asami Seto and Mariya Ise would be good VAs for Gawain. Haruka Tomatsu would be pretty good as well.

I wonder when they'll reveal she and the Tristan Platoon's VAs. Tristan will probably appear in the 17th episode but we already who will voice him.

Hasn't the most of the fun is already spoiled thanks to VoE movies and the the obvious reference to a certain dagger destroying boy in Sistana episode?
I don't know how I'd feel if I was anime only though!
Most animeonlies(who watched the movies) should have guessed it's him yes, but I don't think they care about surprising people with his identity. The reveal is cool and then we go straight to the Liones arc, which is probably the arc people like the most.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Is it Ai Farouz for Gawain?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes, it's her. We got a new key visual too:

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Is it Ai Farouz for Gawain?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yes, it's her. We got a new key visual too:

She voice a muscular girl again

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Like the first episode, I watched this one RAW. It was a great one, as you'd expect of the episode featuring Lancelot's "official" debut :hip.

I haven't checked but I think the only thing they skipped was Anne being scared by the gruesome deaths. With the censorship there was nothing particularly gruesome anyway :lmao. For his other magic the color is the same, but Shining Road is white this time, unlike in the movie. I wonder if it'll be consistent or if they'll change it when he'll release more of his power.

Also, the sound direction was again great. It's like they have been holding back all this time. It ends at Chapter 50, with the teleportation to Liones and Lancelot telling them to hurry.