Anime - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Anime News and Discussion

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The only anime onlies who didn't at least suspect were the ones who didn't watch GoE, from what I've seen. The others got their confirmation with the more detailed intervention at Sistana.
Yakkun got dismayed with Gawain's hair, but I'm still wondering how Chion turned out looking like that. Was his paternal grandmother dark-haired? Is it from his great-grandfather on that side? The rest of the family is rather pastel. :teehee

Last edited:

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anyone who is familiar with the series would recognize Galan and Mera right away, or at least Mera at the 51th second. They aren't trying to be subtle.

Also, to any anime only who watched the movies and hasn't realized that Lancelot and Sin are the same person(they make it very obvious in the anime), seeing Tristan should make everything clear.

Dreyfus looks so old now that I see him in color...

As long as it's not rushed...
Isn't Dreyfus nearly as old now as Bartra was during NNT?

He's still rather spry considering his age. His backpain is the result as an unnatural curse and if it wasn't for that he would probably still be quite a force, at least for a short time before he is out of breath.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The only anime onlies who didn't at least suspect were the ones who didn't watch GoE, from what I've seen. The others got their confirmation with the more detailed intervention at Sistana.
Yakkun got dismayed with Gawain's hair, but I'm still wondering how Chion turned out looking like that. Was his paternal grandmother dark-haired? Is it from his great-grandfather on that side? The rest of the family is rather pastel. :teehee
Nadja, Margaret and Veronica have purple hair. His are darker.

Isn't Dreyfus nearly as old now as Bartra was during NNT?

He's still rather spry considering his age. His backpain is the result as an unnatural curse and if it wasn't for that he would probably still be quite a force, at least for a short time before he is out of breath.
63 while Bartra is 76. I know he is old, but seeing him in this state in color was something else. The eternal back pain he got thanks to Viviann doesn't help... :scry

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
His are darker
Dark enough to run closer to Dreyfus' brown black. That's why I wondered about the great-grandfather on the father side...since that's the common relation. The others were always portrayed with very light shades of their respective colours, and his father looks positively strawberry bubblegum-ish in the OP :lmao

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Most likely from Chion's maternal grandmother, yes. The Bartra-line is fair-haired. I assume Bartra's wife likely had an extremly dark purple/aubergine haircolour for Chion to turn out like that. Gilthunder also comes more after his mother, I'd say. Since his father also has silver hair like Hendricksen (come to think of it, that seems to be a druid trait?).

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
he would probably still be quite a force, at least for a short time before he is out of breath.
If we're to take Nakaba's WoG for granted, he'd be better than in his youth, MAs keep developing with age, apparently. And he can fight long-distance IIRC. Does his Break need direct contact?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Most likely from Chion's maternal grandmother, yes. The Bartra-line is fair-haired. I assume Bartra's wife likely had an extremly dark purple/aubergine haircolour for Chion to turn out like that. Gilthunder also comes more after his mother, I'd say. Since his father also has silver hair like Hendricksen (come to think of it, that seems to be a druid trait?).
Yes, that's why I ignored Zaratras, druids normally are silver haired.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
If we're to take Nakaba's WoG for granted, he'd be better than in his youth, MAs keep developing with age, apparently. And he can fight long-distance IIRC. Does his Break need direct contact?

Yes, that's why I ignored Zaratras, druids normally are silver haired.
Of course it always depends on the individual case but even if MAs become stronger with age, the physical body can only keep up with aging so long. There is mostly the matter of stamina and fatigue both physical and mental. In combat that also comes into play despite Break oddly being a mental stability power on top of its destructive force.

Some of Break's offensive attacks required direct contact. I believe the only ones which don't are his Milky Way Break Blade (iirc that was his strongest move was called?) and Pierce. Both can be shot from afar.

As for Chion's hair colour, I guess that means it is heavily influenced by the maternal sides of both of his parents since likely Gil's and Margaret's mothers both had dark hair in the cold colour spectrum (blues/violets/lavenders)

Just like Tristan got his hair colour from both of his (true) parents! :cheez

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Just like Tristan got his hair colour from both of his (true) parents! :cheez
Are you tempting me into adding some real spoiler to this thread?!
says choking your waifu, even when at your worst, is a big no-no, so wdym?! You safely get her outta the danger zone while holding your Assault Mode in check, then proceed to rip the fool who never learns to shreds. Long story short, we all know those swords are secretely dubbed Love and Wrath, nishishishi

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Maybe I am overthinking, but since there is no big Arthur or Mel scene maybe they won't adapt the whole arc and end it at him leaving for the assessment.

says choking your waifu, even when at your worst, is a big no-no, so wdym?! You safely get her outta the danger zone while holding your Assault Mode in check, then proceed to rip the fool who never learns to shreds. Long story short, we all know those swords are secretely dubbed Love and Wrath, nishishishi
I... I don't understand or maybe I do? I am not sure... 🤔

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What did I just read?! :XD

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Maybe I am overthinking, but since there is no big Arthur or Mel scene maybe they won't adapt the whole arc and end it at him leaving for the assessment.

I... I don't understand or maybe I do? I am not sure... 🤔
I took Yakkun's line I quoted for a challenge, alluding to the joke about Elizabeth cheating on Mel...with Tristan's idol...who would be his "real" father...so I reminded him that too much about Tristan screams Mel whenever he gets p***ed off.
Now, can I give my 2 cents on the new episode?

What did I just read?! :XD
My reply to your joke on Mael and Elizabeth's non-existent affair...didn't you imply both of Tristan's parents are silver haired?

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I took Yakkun's line I quoted for a challenge, alluding to the joke about Elizabeth cheating on Mel...with Tristan's idol...who would be his "real" father...so I reminded him that too much about Tristan screams Mel whenever he gets p***ed off.
Now, can I give my 2 cents on the new episode?

My reply to your joke on Mael and Elizabeth's non-existent affair...didn't you imply both of Tristan's parents are silver haired?
As a joke, of course... but, well, uh, ... yeah!

And before anyone springs the demon power argument on me, there used to be that ooooooneeeee particular archangel who was able to use that, too, so... :teehee :3c

---

Anyway, there were some brief but super cool shots in that opening:

Last edited:

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
As a joke, of course... but, well, uh, ... yeah!

And before anyone springs the demon power argument on me, there used to be that ooooooneeeee particular archangel who was able to use that, too, so... :teehee :3c
And that's exactly why I pointed out that he failed at controling it...
around his so called love interest...meanwhile, berserk or not, Mel and his son know to "respect their whamen"
:catshrug

Looks like anime Percy also got some self-control abilities, as opposed to his manga self...no peep about any interesting gouren dreams on the mountain...in fact, the legend about dreaming one's future self or
lover
wasn't mentioned at all, from what I could catch...but Sin's dream still happened...though Japanese pronunciation went weird with the lips animation...

And Ard has one hella funny voice...I expected that sort of voice in the Old Man or Pellegarde...now I can't take him seriously at all. Also, I expected the "ch" in Dolchomonte to be pronounced the same as the "Ch" in Chion. But it wasn't...

As if the OP wasn't already very telling, they're even more blatant about Sin's identity even in the episode itself...Was the village master so on the nose with his manga assessment of "Sin" when learning of his name and finding out he could talk? I was under the impression that
he knew who Sin was ahead of time

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Finally watched the episode. The pacing is faster, they adapted chapters 32, 33, 34 and a part of chapter 35.

Removed the Percival playing HK part(understandable) and Lance talking about the legends of the Daflare Range(I don't get why) but they added more to Ardd's discussion with Anne and Nasiens about his motive, with a new Anne flashback I believe. Some Demon Language lines which were gibberish in the manga are heard too. Wimpy Nasiens was super cute :XD.

Still a bit confused about Gowther's reason for knocking out Lancelot but I guess he simply wanted to test Percival without him around.

Overall pretty good episode but I don't get why they skipped the Dalflare Range stuff.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Finally watched the episode. The pacing is faster, they adapted chapters 32, 33, 34 and a part of chapter 35.

Removed the Percival playing HK part(understandable) and Lance talking about the legends of the Daflare Range(I don't get why) but they added more to Ardd's discussion with Anne and Nasiens about his motive, with a new Anne flashback I believe. Some Demon Language lines which were gibberish in the manga are heard too. Wimpy Nasiens was super cute :XD.

Still a bit confused about Gowther's reason for knocking out Lancelot but I guess he simply wanted to test Percival without him around.

Overall pretty good episode but I don't get why they skipped the Dalflare Range stuff.
Ditto on the Dalflare Range. They weren't shy about adding scenes implying that Sin is Lance, but they cut out the legend which Nakaba used to hint at upcoming
romance(s)
. He's already weak at writing those...why do they cut away even his frail attempts at foreshadowing?

As for Gowther, I recall that his line was more about Lance needing some deep sleep in the manga, implying that he's been so far always resting poorly by somewhat keeping watch/staying on guard. Even in the range, he wakes up much more easily and then, when falling back asleep, his ears keep twitching...implying a fitfull sleep, which can only be owed to stress, with him.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I was curious to know which color they'd choose for Gawain's eyes. Thanks to the OP spoilers, we know for sure that she is a blue eyed character! It made me super happy! :verily

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
They adapted about three chapters again, adapting a bit of Chapter 38.

I wish some Percival moments were better animated but it's still decent. I think they only skipped Baby Percival pissing on Ardberg and his attempt at strangling him.

Not sure if it's because of the voicing acting, music, pacing or everything but Ard's backstory hit harder to me.

The arc should end next episode.

I guess there will be 3 episodes for the fights against the Dark Talismans as well? So 6 episodes for the Liones arc.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I'm not really sure about the music, it's okay, but so far Yamamoto's solo or main stage work for this universe has been fading into the background, compared to Sawano's compositions, especially for that first season. Even the Holy Knights' collective theme was sending shivers down my spine(it was it that made Elizabeth's revelations on the coup ominous) and Gil and Helbram's individual ones were each special in their own way, and those were supporting characters, not even truly major ones since they had their interesting short moments, then faded back into the background.

So far I failed to pick up our mains' themes...in Taizai, Mel and Elizabeth had about 3 each in the 1st season alone, despite Elizabeth having technically only one with a couple of variations for different moods, it's still a personal favourite of mine regarding Japanese instrumental music. I still love "One Love" but past that most are easy to miss/ignore, imho.:8C Or maybe it's a problem of the sound editing team, they can't seem to put on the right volume and the music gets drowned out by the voice acting...the acting was good, though, the flashback punched me in the gut even as I was straining to hear the theme...:emobirb
Loved the skittering away small scene, complete with the sfx. Still wondering why the "elder" didn't do anything about that bird...and I'd thought they would end the episode on "Kyuupiin"...they still spoiled everything, while delverng the next episode's title

It so far has the pacing I expected, the only thing left is to figure out if they're gonna cram so much in those last 6 episodes that we leave Season 1 with the heroes' own departure, since Gil shows up in the new OP and here he gets reintroduced towards the end of the arc.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm not really sure about the music, it's okay, but so far Yamamoto's solo or main stage work for this universe has been fading into the background, compared to Sawano's compositions, especially for that first season. Even the Holy Knights' collective theme was sending shivers down my spine(it was it that made Elizabeth's revelations on the coup ominous) and Gil and Helbram's individual ones were each special in their own way, and those were supporting characters, not even truly major ones since they had their interesting short moments, then faded back into the background.

So far I failed to pick up our mains' themes...in Taizai, Mel and Elizabeth had about 3 each in the 1st season alone, despite Elizabeth having technically only one with a couple of variations for different moods, it's still a personal favourite of mine regarding Japanese instrumental music. I still love "One Love" but past that most are easy to miss/ignore, imho.:8C Or maybe it's a problem of the sound editing team, they can't seem to put on the right volume and the music gets drowned out by the voice acting...the acting was good, though, the flashback punched me in the gut even as I was straining to hear the theme...:emobirb
Loved the skittering away small scene, complete with the sfx. Still wondering why the "elder" didn't do anything about that bird...and I'd thought they would end the episode on "Kyuupiin"...they still spoiled everything, while delverng the next episode's title

It so far has the pacing I expected, the only thing left is to figure out if they're gonna cram so much in those last 6 episodes that we leave Season 1 with the heroes' own departure, since Gil shows up in the new OP and here he gets reintroduced towards the end of the arc.
Gilthunder's first appearance is in Chapter 65. Right before the KoA's fight against Mera and Galan.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I just hope they don't hang us on either the fusion dance...or the "Stairway to Heaven" scene.