Discussion - My Hero Academia The Movie: World Heroes' Mission (August 6th, 2021) | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion My Hero Academia The Movie: World Heroes' Mission (August 6th, 2021)

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is just my observation, but is it just me, or is the anime being more and more influenced by western cartoons? Not that it’s a bad thing, mind you. Or is it the other way around?

AKFG is a good choice for the theme song artist though :verily.
Hori himself is influenced alot by comics I think Bones in trying to make the adaptation more in line with that. This season had alot of sound effects drawn on screen like how comics would do them.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hori himself is influenced alot by comics I think Bones in trying to make the adaptation more in line with that. This season had alot of sound effects drawn on screen like how comics would do them.
I’m aware of that. But I think this is for the first time I’m noticing in the art direction (particularly this movie) being more heavily influenced by western cartoons than the series was at the beginning. Earlier, although the series borrowed some influences from western animation, it still had a distinctive Japanese flair. Now, this movie I noticed, feels different than usual.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I’m aware of that. But I think this is for the first time I’m noticing in the art direction (particularly this movie) being more heavily influenced by western cartoons than the series was at the beginning.
What exactly makes you feel this way?

JazzMazz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is just my observation, but is it just me, or is the anime being more and more influenced by western cartoons? Not that it’s a bad thing, mind you. Or is it the other way around?

AKFG is a good choice for the theme song artist though :verily.
What makes you say that? It being influenced by western cartoons I mean.

I think that's just Umakoshi being Umakoshi.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think the general plot is that a villain is going to do an international terrorist attack using chemical weapons to wipe out major population centers(probably justifying it using their ideology). I think that Deku will be blamed for mass murder because he was the only survivor of a trial run of those gas attacks.

The movie original character is probably helping Deku find the mastermind.

The other characters are likely going to go to the major places the gas attacks are taking place, and going to try and stop them.

Seems those gas attacks cause quirks to go wild.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I think the general plot is that a villain is going to do an international terrorist attack using chemical weapons to wipe out major population centers(probably justifying it using their ideology). I think that Deku will be blamed for mass murder because he was the only survivor of a trial run of those gas attacks.

The movie original character is probably helping Deku find the mastermind.

The other characters are likely going to go to the major places the gas attacks are taking place, and going to try and stop them.

Seems those gas attacks cause quirks to go wild.
Hmm... I wonder if the reason he escaped the initial attack was because of the 4th’s Quirk? I think he might not have realized it activating in this movie, but it saved his life.

NegaiFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like Rody doesn't have a Quirk or doesn't really use it all that much. It's interesting to see his character in a story like this, because he's kinda like Kota in how he doesn't really trust heroes.

As for Flect Turn, seems like his Quirk involves whatever those energy things around his person are. The trailer itself got me really hyped, so I'm hoping that when I eventually adapt it into a story, it'll be a great one.

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Uhh, can we take a moment to talk about that hero who looks like some Egyptian painting? Whoever made him up like this has bit weird sense of humor or just really active imagination. I mean he even looks like he is flat and 2d, that's crazy.😂

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Uhh, can we take a moment to talk about that hero who looks like some Egyptian painting? Whoever made him up like this has bit weird sense of humor or just really active imagination. I mean he even looks like he is flat and 2d, that's crazy.😂
Imagine being that guy. Like, my question is was he born flat or did he become flat when he was four years old?

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Imagine being that guy. Like, my question is was he born flat or did he become flat when he was four years old?
Ehehe, mayby he was born like rolled sheet of paper. I bet he's flying like kite once stronger wind starting to blow, if he really is flat that's it.😂

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even with the rearranging of Endev arc and the recent break.....will Endev arc even last up to the movie? That seems excessive though.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Even with the rearranging of Endev arc and the recent break.....will Endev arc even last up to the movie? That seems excessive though.
Most likely the endeavor arc will be over 1 to 2 weeks before the movie and MVA will get 9 episodes to cover 23 chapters which is perfect pacing wise

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Umm "His quirk allow him to turn himself into paper.", that doesn't sound "usefull" for being hero but heroes in MHA world uses weirdest quirks for their job and they are have no problems with this soo I guess it's ok. I wonder how he use this ability in fight, similar to Edgeshot mayby? And that second hero, he must be looking like he's drooling really hard when he uses his quirk. What a weird characters they are.