Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 589 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 589 Spoilers & Discussion

Brian Taboada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems odd that Gustang has erased memories that seem to be consistent with at a minimum Traumerei. Only Gustangs have been slightly revealed and it seems to be of a time around the climb... so far. So those memories are most likely not Enne related. Therefore it must be V or Arlene. However Gustang already mentioned these 2 to Bamm at the floor of death. So they are not completely erased. If it was the reasons for the war, then how do they reconcile their departed comrades? Gustang seemed to think that bringing the memories back would be the end... at least for the empire/tower? So it must be something they did collectively. I wondered if they all had a hand in Baams death? But again Gustang knows who Baam is. Any ideas?

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Workshop might or might not be older than the Tower, but it probably wasn't in the Tower originally.

That's... still not quite what you are saying. It doesn't necessarily mean the workshop didn't know those weapons at all before the great warriors entered the tower. The most likely scenario is that they simply modified the weapons to suit a new environment. The workshop was already fairly technologically advanced from pretty early on, at least evidenced by the hell train.
I am not saying that they weren't advanced, but according to the excerpt, all their weapons were made using the ones from outside the Tower as basis and the 13 GW are the ones who needed to modify their weapons so that they could work in Shinsoo. Maybe the Workshop members had created many things before their entrance, but no weapons.

As for the Hell Train, it was said that it was created to help Zahard and his companions train, so it was made after their entrance as well. Plus it's not a weapon.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Looks like we might get Proust vs lobadon next chapter
I just want to see Baam appropriate that ship for himself. He needs to have one anyway, and why not one that uses shinwonryu?

Big-Bird

Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
Looks like we might get Proust vs lobadon next chapter
Fuck Proust
i want to see this guy

the last we see him was chap 577
we haven't heard from him in 12 weeks:epicfacepalm

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Fuck Proust
i want to see this guy

arrogant mf need to die painfully
Trying to fight a family head and you don’t even are a
Big shot in your own family LOL.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That guys looks like he is part of the scientist brand
Of PB!

Tsdreamss

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fuck Proust
i want to see this guy

Proust is one of the coolest characters to me. He’s a giant deer who floats on a giant seashell 😭, he seems like the kirin of the Po bidaus. This guy was cool but he kinda seemed like a filler who’s only purpose was to start traumerie and gustangs beef

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
So, what are the odds V loved Icarus more than Arlene ? Or at least, he grew to like her over the years. I reckon pretty high..

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So, what are the odds V loved Icarus more than Arlene ? Or at least, he grew to like her over the years. I reckon pretty high..
I'd say zero. Unless you think he was cheating on Arlen...

Traumerei though? Pretty high.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
You are activating my conspiracy brain

pretty clear that Icarus was that one who betrayed them all till the point they was forced to act they way they did By joining Zahard to go agains their friends.

We still don’t know what was the price Zahard paid
In this situation according to Traumerei he also paid a price but i don’t think has nothing to do with memory in his case, He was curious to know about Traumerei Nightmares like he is trying to keep him like this
Without memories from the past.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Guys the person who betrayed Traumerei also Betrayed the whole team i don’t believe it was just Traumerei bc they all chose to delete their memories
Except for Zahard at least is not clear if he did.

Ps: Androssi “LPB” will be revealed in the final match.

PS: @sazon shit.. #TeamJaWagnan still waiting on his boy to be the sasuke of this webcomic.

@Vitala @hblock
Wtf? Baam couldn’t do shit to Kirin’s minions
But Rak just killed the leader one shot
This shiwonryu thing is not effective anymore
Not that the orb users were the strongest WC?
Oh men 😭

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The Workshop might or might not be older than the Tower, but it probably wasn't in the Tower originally.

I am not saying that they weren't advanced, but according to the excerpt, all their weapons were made using the ones from outside the Tower as basis and the 13 GW are the ones who needed to modify their weapons so that they could work in Shinsoo. Maybe the Workshop members had created many things before their entrance, but no weapons.

As for the Hell Train, it was said that it was created to help Zahard and his companions train, so it was made after their entrance as well. Plus it's not a weapon.

That still doesn't mean the workshop itself started during the climb. It's entirely feasibly it predates the climb which could fit into the robot's backstory.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
The greatest disappointment in this arc to me will be if Baam doesn't meet or even clash with Kirin a bit after all of this... :twitch
*SIU reading this*

SIU: and then Kirin ship just explode not explanation
We never hear of him anymore.

Proof that each FH opened the door
One by one.

@DeadCosmos how is this chapter 6/10 and not 2/10?
Brother you are getting soft don't you?
Rak just killed the leader of kirin minions
Which survive a direct attack from Dowon a hero
And Baam a irregular with a orb, tension and shiwomryu LOL

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy

It would certainly explain things like the suicide, the letter asking Arlene to go back to their friends whom basically allowed Zahard to kill their son, Arlene obsession over one single child as an immortal being and her precarious mental state, every single FH siding with Zahard, Gustang calling Baam's father the worst person he ever met.

If V and Arlene were always loyal and supported each other, I would find it difficult to understand such a drastic mental breakdown by both of them, instead of an immediate desire for revenge and clear anger directed at Zahard.
We are talking about warriors, people who grew up fighting for their life, they were well acquainted with death and heartbreak well before their fallout with Zahard, i could see it all coming crumbling down in the event of their relationship having some deep issues.

But i didn't think about Rei possibly having feelings for Icarus, what makes you think so ?

DeadCosmos

Reaction score
Country
United States
how is this chapter 6/10 and not 2/10?
Luslec finally here and the lore. The fast pacing is putting us out of our misery quicker.
Brother you are getting soft don't you?
Rak just killed the leader of kirin minions
very funny… I will probably rate next chapter a 3/10. but everyone knows headshots do critical damage and rak hit a headshot.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It would certainly explain things like the suicide, the letter asking Arlene to go back to their friends whom basically allowed Zahard to kill their son, Arlene obsession over one single child as an immortal being and her precarious mental state, every single FH siding with Zahard, Gustang calling Baam's father the worst person he ever met.

If V and Arlene were always loyal and supported each other, I would find it difficult to understand such a drastic mental breakdown by both of them, instead of an immediate desire for revenge and clear anger directed at Zahard.
We are talking about warriors, people who grew up fighting for their life, they were well acquainted with death and heartbreak well before their fallout with Zahard, i could see it all coming crumbling down in the event of their relationship having some deep issues.
V being lame is a simple explanation :heh.

But i didn't think about Rei possibly having feelings for Icarus, what makes you think so ?

He forgot about her, erased memories and emotions . He talked about being betrayed by people in love before and uses this as a test for others, even Princesses candidates. Icarus is a Towerborn, so someone he would normally consider a "trifle" etc.

That still doesn't mean the workshop itself started during the climb. It's entirely feasibly it predates the climb which could fit into the robot's backstory.
Yes, but what I am trying to say is that these machines seem to be equipped with weaponry so I think it's unlikely that they were made by the Workshop.

NekoSagan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Seems odd that Gustang has erased memories that seem to be consistent with at a minimum Traumerei. Only Gustangs have been slightly revealed and it seems to be of a time around the climb... so far. So those memories are most likely not Enne related. Therefore it must be V or Arlene. However Gustang already mentioned these 2 to Bamm at the floor of death. So they are not completely erased. If it was the reasons for the war, then how do they reconcile their departed comrades? Gustang seemed to think that bringing the memories back would be the end... at least for the empire/tower? So it must be something they did collectively. I wondered if they all had a hand in Baams death? But again Gustang knows who Baam is. Any ideas?
Remember when Gustang and Traumerei were having the conversation about Enne? Traumerei said Enne found about secrets of Zahard and corrected himself saying what Enne found out was the past that's better left forgotten. Here you can see Traumerei was referring to the memories of V and Arlene. Even though he has forgotten about what happened with V and Arlene but he knows they aren't good memories. Both Gustang and Traumerei seems to have forgotten selective memories. In the case of Icarus, Traumerei has completely erased her. I don't think it's the same for Gustang as he already mentioned Icarus in his book that was given to AA. Gustang has erased some memories of Icarus/V and Traumerei has completely erased Icarus from his memory.

As Traumerei's erased memories are with Leviathan and part of Gustang's memories are with Bam, Bam has a decent chance to figure out what exactly happened. Maybe this will be the key to what Bam does in this war. If you remember Gustang said to AA that by the time this war is over, AA will know why Gustang needs Bam and so does Gustang. Maybe the reason why Bam has complete book in his mind because it was made such way? That if Bam/irregular touches the book, they'll have the book in their memories. Gustang wants Bam to know about what happened and what he decided from his point of view. He left to fate that if Bam is the one Arlene talked about who'd change the tower, he'd somehow find the way to at least touch that book and if couldn't, Gustang will do what he wants to do. Btw if Gustang really wanted the book, there's nothing to stop him. Same with him and Traumerei capturing Bam. They have convviniently left these tasks to their descendants/followers so fate takes its turn. Gustang knows about the prophecy of Bam, he knows things about this war, more like he knows something big will happen but doesn't know what. This is why he's making every effort to win at this war.

Last edited:

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd argue the workshop very likely existed before the great climb itself. The lore makes the case it exists outside the tower and it's at least strange that if the workshop was started at some point during the climb it went from pretty much zero to being able to create the hell train in however long it took to climb thirty something floors. When the lores throws around that the workshop exists outside the tower and it seeks to discover its own origin there are no rules regarding it at all.
Screw the f’n lore… it’s obvious that SIU has scrapped all that BS. I just go by the facts written in the story lol!

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Screw the f’n lore… it’s obvious that SIU has scrapped all that BS. I just go by the facts written in the story lol!
Hate to agree but this is facts
This is the real way to follow the
Story rn and not be disappointed.

Vali x lucifer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
V being lame is a simple explanation :heh.

He forgot about her, erased memories and emotions . He talked about being betrayed by people in love before and uses this as a test for others, even Princesses candidates. Icarus is a Towerborn, so someone he would normally consider a "trifle" etc.
Assuming V was just lame, do you see Arlene immediately killing herself (albeit failing) as something expected, in a situation where her and V trusted and supported each other ? I find it pretty reasonable to believe that their relationship was already cracking by that point, and the baby dying was just the nail in the coffin that broke them, kind of a point of no return. But i would be surprised if it was all sunshine and rainbow before that point.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gustang having a copy of the book of Icarus still makes no sense! When Bam met Gustang, Gustang stated he despised V and he even banned the book of Icarus on the Ark! The book of Icarus is about her love/ deep admiration of V!

MO the Revs planted those passages about Icarus in Gustang’s book inventory! When we first saw Rachel on the Ark, she mentioned that she had something to do which we never saw! At that time Gustang was away from the Ark, wrecking the LPB defenses around their MS! I don’t think Traum will need Bam and Levi to remember his lost memories as long as he keeps finding excerpts from Icarus

You all should have read the WEBTOON t/l by now of S3ch153 the Revs don’t care which FH wins. They’ve baited Gustang into action and now Traum!

Good chance Traum and Gustang clash before reaching “The Sprout”