Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 589 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 589 Spoilers & Discussion

Ignorant

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
•What bothers me is Traumerei's hypocrisy.
making it seem like you're not interested in remembering about the past
While giving Leviathan to Baam.

•To be honest, I starting to think that he can't control it.

•When Traumerei was fighting Gustang
Both Gecko and Levi reacted.

•Kirin discovered that Traumerei deliberately gave him
Levi to Baam, Zahard probably knows about this thanks to Kirin.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's hard to gauge how strong Khel is. I guess it's fine to put him in the above CC tier.

He didn't want Baam to get Leviathan. Baam "stole" it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

How is giving the leviathan to bam inconsistent with traumerei not being interested in remembering the past? He is literally giving away memories he doesn't want.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
How is giving the leviathan to bam inconsistent with traumerei not being interested in remembering the past? He is literally giving away memories he doesn't want.
The plan is to make Baam tell him
That’s why Gustang told him
That hesitate to much to take what he want.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
He didn't want Baam to get Leviathan. Baam "stole" it.
Kirin asked about that and Traumerei went quiet and didn't want to answer. And if Traumerei didn't want Baam to have Leviathan then he would have seized it back from him, or killed him to get it back.

He probably did plan for Baam to get it, for reasons as yet unknown.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Kirin asked about that and Traumerei went quiet and didn't want to answer. And if Traumerei didn't want Baam to have Leviathan then he would have seized it back from him, or killed him to get it back.

For Baam to tell him his memories what else?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The plan is to make Baam tell him
That’s why Gustang told him
That hesitate to much to take what he want.
What? Why would traumerei's plan be to have bam tell him? Traumerei has been pretty overt about his lack of interest in getting his memories back.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Same reason Gustang left that book in the open for Baam to get his hands on it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What? Why would traumerei's plan be to have bam tell him? Traumerei has been pretty overt about his lack of interest in getting his memories back.
Not true at all Gustang has been calling him out his hypocrisy calling him coward cause he want to know
But he is afraid of the pain. Scaredy cat.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Maybe he instinctively wants them, but he is not ready. Anyway, even assuming that he does want them, let Baam absorb and can steal it from Baam's inner world for some reason I don't see why he'd want Baam in particular to know his past. When he learned that Baam has Leviathan he said that because of this it's even more necessary for him to stay with him. Wanting someone else to know your "shameful" past would be strange.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not true at all Gustang has been calling him out his hypocrisy calling him coward cause he want to know
But he is afraid of the pain. Scaredy cat.
What? There's zero evidence to think traumerei wants his memories back in any capacity. Nothing he's done suggests that. gustang calls traumerei a coward because traumerei is a shut in who refuses to have any sort of connection with the tower's trifles. And also probably to piss him off.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Traum is afraid to remember. Gustang called him out for this via Holan’s possessed tongue - S3ch157

MO - whichever GW accesses their memory, destruction will follow. I fear that the memories will force them to come after Bam!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Traum is afraid to remember. Gustang called him out for this via Holan’s possessed tongue - S3ch157

MO - whichever GW accesses their memory, destruction will follow. I fear that the memories will force them to come after Bam!
I think that will vary between family head. What's apparent by now is that removing these memories was meant as a... way to preserve the peace. Traumerei frames this as preserving the relationship among them but looking at what gustang seemingly wrote in the book and his almost evident rage it looks like at some point the relationship between the great warriors deteriorated to such an extent that war was a certainty. Odds are that each family head will have its own side. Some will side with bam, others will likely side with zahard. Maybe some will try and stay out of it.

Something which is also clear by now is that the memory removal didn't remove any of the emotions which those memories brought with them. Traumerei keeps his remorse, gustang his rage. Setting aside how the family heads think of tower born folk... if we look at traumerei he has a relative gentle disposition. Likes animals, and cares for his friends to at least some extent. He doesn't like gustang currently but if we go by their games odds are they had a friendship or rivalry going on back in the day. Gustang in turn is clearly burning with rage... he doesn't remember but his emotions are strong enough that he has pointed out he could try and kill the other family heads and begin destruction, just like the excerpt bam just read suggests.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Book of Icarus is possibly a workaround for memory loss or to at least jog back Traum’s memory! If Gustang is indeed drip feeding Traum bits of the past then he must want Traum to remember!

I can’t see the memories benefiting Bam! I fear it will force both to align and come after Bam!

Something which is also clear by now is that the memory removal didn't remove any of the emotions which those memories brought with them. Traumerei keeps his remorse, gustang his rage. Setting aside how the family heads think of tower born folk... if we look at traumerei he has a relative gentle disposition. Likes animals, and cares for his friends to at least some extent. He doesn't like gustang currently but if we go by their games odds are they had a friendship or rivalry going on back in the day. Gustang in turn is clearly burning with rage... he doesn't remember but his emotions are strong enough that he has pointed out he could try and kill the other family heads and begin destruction, just like the excerpt bam just read suggests.
LOL Traum’s a sick Fk! He’s probably the worse of them all, that’s why he’s soo remorseful

Shiinhye1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Peru
turtles I have corrected one thing in the chapter, and added some small notes, on page 3 (since page 1 is my logo I think) I added a note about what you mean by "I am a doll", and on page 5, I corrected the text from "unlike me, that person was human" to "that person is a different human being from me", I also added a note regarding what is "wings of freedom".
the chapter link is still the same, but this was something I had to clarify.
I was rereading the chapter in Korean, and noticed that the word in-gan (human), was not separated by a comma, so the term was applied to a polite way of saying that he is of a different race.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The Book of Icarus is possibly a workaround for memory loss or to at least jog back Traum’s memory! If Gustang is indeed drip feeding Traum bits of the past then he must want Traum to remember!

I can’t see the memories benefiting Bam! I fear it will force both to align and come after Bam!
Hmmm, I don't think it's possible to jog ones memory in this case. Since the memories were "removed" there's nothing to jog. The same should apply to gustang... IMO this suggests that gustang has been trying to figure out what happened in the past without simply picking up his book and is using the pieces he has found to play mind games with traumerei.

LOL Traum’s a sick Fk! He’s probably the worse of them all, that’s why he’s soo remorseful
I think that only goes in regards to how he treats tower born folk. His treatment of family heads is far more... human if you will. Even after setting out to destroy gustang's family he still took it pretty personally when gustang said killing the other great warriors might be on the table. As if traumerei hadn't considered that they could end up killing each other.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm, I don't think it's possible to jog ones memory in this case. Since the memories were "removed" there's nothing to jog. The same should apply to gustang... IMO this suggests that gustang has been trying to figure out what happened in the past without simply picking up his book and is using the pieces he has found to play mind games with traumerei.
I’m sure through Icarus’ detailed description of V something will trigger. Gustang banned the book for a reason!!! Gustang too who lost his memories remembers both V and Arlene going back to the FoD!!! He doesn’t have access to all his memories but something was triggered!

I think that only goes in regards to how he treats tower born folk. His treatment of family heads is far more... human if you will. Even after setting out to destroy gustang's family he still took it pretty personally when gustang said killing the other great warriors might be on the table. As if traumerei hadn't considered that they could end up killing each other.
I believe Traum already MADE his decision LOUD and CLEAR when he gave Bam Levi and brought him back to the MS LOL

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I’m sure through Icarus’ detailed description of V something will trigger. Gustang banned the book for a reason!!! Gustang too who lost his memories remembers both V and Arlene going back to the FoD!!! He doesn’t have access to all his memories but something was triggered!

I believe Traum already MADE his decision LOUD and CLEAR when he gave Bam Levi and brought him back to the MS LOL
What does the banning of the book have to do with anything? The book was originally banned by the empire which is why aguero reacted the way he did. Gustang then used said book to make the case that the PB family were using books to tell lies. It's unclear if the book is factually accurate or not (aguero read icarus and prince of zahard from it but that's it) or what gustang's angle or opinion here is. If the contents of the book are accurate then he did use a book to tell a lie though.

I think things pertaining to the past can trigger emotions but if the memories are removed they shouldn't be having flashbacks. Like how traumerie learning of bam entering the tower gave him nightmares.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m NOW interested to see this NEW version of White LOL!!! Vicente received texts in his book from Levi! I believe when Bam was screaming about Vicente still being alive it was HWA RYUN who told him to stop!

What does the banning of the book have to do with anything? The book was originally banned by the empire which is why aguero reacted the way he did. Gustang then used said book to make the case that the PB family were using books to tell lies. It's unclear if the book is factually accurate or not (aguero read icarus and prince of zahard from it but that's it) or what gustang's angle or opinion here is. If the contents of the book are accurate then he did use a book to tell a lie though.

I think things pertaining to the past can trigger emotions but if the memories are removed they shouldn't be having flashbacks. Like how traumerie learning of bam entering the tower gave him nightmares.
Then why does Gustang know about V and Arlene and exactly the way he felt for the two. Whereas Traum doesn’t know a thing! They all agreed to remove important memories right?!