Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 597 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 597 Spoilers & Discussion

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
@kkck S2ch190 and ch191 LMFAO

Last edited:

paulbee

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe Baam's dark change will actually happen in this arc. Urek stressed the importance of keeping your self, regardless of what you see, hear and even live through in the Tower. Zahard is a prime example who couldn't keep his self, he went from adventurer conquering floors to king ruling the tower. Another one would be Eduan from honorable warrior, to debauch man seeking pleasure of the flesh. Gustang lamented that they, the great warriors, lost importance in the tower (I would even say, become part of the painting that is the tower), and he wants to know the truth why they stopped climbing.

Baam would want to keep his self, though he does struggle, his shoulders seem to bend a little as he keep going on. It would be a classic story telling that the MC strays a little during his journey, so I'm expecting something bad to happen, in order for Baam to snap. He could go on a rampage a little. Then next arc we switch POV, to Wangnan specifically, and I want this guy to be the one to put Baam back in the right path. It's one way to give important tot his guy who wish to change the tower for the better. And maybe start the whole prince of the red district arc.
I really don't see SIU tinkering too much with Bam's basic personality and rigid steadfastness, At Least Not while something terrible hasn't happened to Rak and/or Khun AA or maybe to Androssi.

I can imagine All Hell Breaks Loose if Some Big Baddy killed off Rak and Crippled Androssi, I can Imagine Bam's power Goes to DEFCON 3++ where parts of the Tower begin to crumble and disintegrate,Zahard and the FH's are either dead or hiding, and Phataminum and Enryuu are sweating bullets. LOL!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Lol c’mon now with the fake ignorance!!! The orb is rare, Eduan never said he’s never seen one before lol. He’s the one that showed Bam how to use it properly, instead of throwing it at opponents
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

LMFAO mod really said that Eduan had never seen an Orb before, I’m dead!!!!!
Not sure of why I thought that, maybe an old fan translation from back in the day. Also, I haven't been a mod in ages.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@kkck S2ch190 and ch191 LMFAO
What's with this?

Ignorant

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I

He already went on a rampage twice against Kallavan and White, both involving his friend/teacher. Yet he still managed to keep his self regardless. I think if there's one thing that would completely break Bam's spirit and send him down the wrong path, it would be Khun's death.
Baam has never even been "dark'. Wanting to kill White is perfectly natural considering what the latter did. It's not going to happen, at least not permanently.

What's "dark" about Baam isn't himself, it's his powers, apparently.

Folk in the tower do have a context of what stars are at least. Early in the story aguero made the stars they saw at night were fake and every floor had them. I don't know if they understand stars as a massive celestial bodies undergoing nuclear fusion but there's at least some context there. I feel like rachel does know what she is after and it's us who are in the dark.

IIRC eduan made the case that he had never seen an orb when bam was learning to use it. I think we can safely infer than gustang, blosom, v and arlene werent' orb users of any type. V's most likely attribute was a needle considering the black march and how his depictions pretty often have a needle. I do think the "black" we see from bam comes V and is potentially a secondary or potentially part of a secondary attribute.
Nah, V was definitely an Orb user. Zahard said that Orb users are people with great Tension and Eduan said V had the greatest one. The difference is that they hadn't seen it being used like Baam. V was probably a Fisherman, but he had the Orb Attribute and was probably better at using it internally unlike Baam.

Lol c’mon now with the fake ignorance!!! The orb is rare, Eduan never said he’s never seen one before lol. He’s the one that showed Bam how to use it properly, instead of throwing it at opponents

LMFAO mod really said that Eduan had never seen an Orb before, I’m dead!!!!!
Orbs haven't been called rare AFAIR. Only Evankhell's Orb has been called this way(still find weird that it's officially named Rare Orb) but that's how it is.

Last edited:

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess we'll never see a Dark Bam as it will completely fundamentally alter the story. By the time Bam's story is completely told, he could be a potentialy very scary dude just by how strong he becomes.

hunterxyamani

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
i think except garam and the fh no one knows about baam parents, he is not only an irregular but even as a regular and tower born he got the blood of two big families since his parents were at the level of FH's... he just got the best genetics ever lol and he also comeback to life from death and we still dont know what kind of spell arlen used to ressurect him and what kind of protection baam get from that god, maybe baam is immortal too like the FH who knows... i still dont understand why sui deosnt make baam master his second thorn, he is a genius and learn anything from first try or if he is hit with it.. he should drop androssi and the regulars and let baam reach his real potentiel...

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
i think except garam and the fh no one knows about baam parents, he is not only an irregular but even as a regular and tower born he got the blood of two big families since his parents were at the level of FH's... he just got the best genetics ever lol and he also comeback to life from death and we still dont know what kind of spell arlen used to ressurect him and what kind of protection baam get from that god, maybe baam is immortal too like the FH who knows... i still dont understand why sui deosnt make baam master his second thorn, he is a genius and learn anything from first try or if he is hit with it.. he should drop androssi and the regulars and let baam reach his real potentiel...
Garam, only knows about Bam's parents through Arlene's pocket etc, but Fug Boss Luslec Mirchea Grace should know just about everything about them since he served them and created Fug to avenge them.

Yeah we have had (and still have) a few speculations about the possible residual effects of the spells Arlene used to pickle Bam's body to prevent him from rotting and preserve him until he gets ressurected by the God Outside The Tower (NOT ARLENE). Hopefully SIU seizes on this to add yet another exciting angle to the mystery and potential majesty of Bam. Also, maybe the spells also kept Bam's soul from dispersing, since the story seems to focus on souls remaining intact, as was seen in the arc where White killed Aria, but she was able to be revived by Bam using Aria's powers.

About the second thorn, SIU LOVES to DRAG things out, and Make them more Murky than I would like,
For Example: Bam's Teleportation now seems to have two distinct flavors, (1) He performs with Souls and Energy Bow (2) Direct Teleportation with the 2nd Thorn.

BTW: Ifsomeone understands or is able to explain Bam's Teleportation skills, please chime in. I am a bit confused about it.

Last edited:

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
About the second thorn, SIU LOVES to DRAG things out, and Make them more Murky than I would like,
For Example: Bam's Teleportation now seems to have two distinct flavors, (1) He performs with Souls and Energy Bow (2) Direct Teleportation with the 2nd Thorn.

BTW: Ifsomeone understands or is able to explain Bam's Teleportation skills, please chime in. I am a bit confused about it.
It seems to me that the souls method can only teleport other things and not himself, as least from what we've seen. And he might not have the greatest amount of control over where it sends them.

The Thorn is more precise and can include himself, but it's tricky because he hasn't mastered it. And it might be limited right now in terms of how much he can move (in this case, a small submarine and a few people as opposed to the entire ecosystem's worth of creatures that we've seen him doing with the soul bow).

Last edited:

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems to me that the souls method can only teleport other things and not himself, as least from what we've seen. And he might not have the greatest amount of control over where it sends them.

The Thorn is more precise and can include himself, but it's tricky because he hasn't mastered it. And it might be limited right now in terms of how much he can move (in this case, a small submarine and a few people as opposed to the entire ecosystem's worth of creatures that we've seen him doing with the soul bow).
Can we then say that the Bow method only moves Living Beings and whatever clothing (or small items) on them, whereas The Thorn Will Move just about anything, like the ship and its occupants? Perhaps there is also a distance or domain limitation to the Bow and Souls. Also the Bow seems to be able to target multiple locations to distribute what's being teleported. Yet another thing SIU should explain better.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Nah, V was definitely an Orb user. Zahard said that Orb users are people with great Tension and Eduan said V had the greatest one. The difference is that they hadn't seen it being used like Baam. V was probably a Fisherman, but he had the Orb Attribute and was probably better at using it internally unlike Baam.
I don't rule it out but to me it's hard to ignore that there have been at least several instances of B being depicted with a needle and the black march which seems connected to him. When it comes to positions I am not sure I buy an orb user being a fisherman. Being strict about it a fisherman has to engage with shineuh in close quarters which is why durability is associated with them. An orb is not ideal for this. No idea of how internal quality control would work with an orb... So far it's been used with electricity and iirc with zahard's golden shinwonryu bang but shapes have not been used to this end yet. If V was an orb user then he'd be a wave controller... and most likely strictly inferior to blosom and gustang in that department. I could buy bam having the black colored shinsoo from his father and the orb shape from his mother though.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Orbs haven't been called rare AFAIR. Only Evankhell's Orb has been called this way(still find weird that it's officially named Rare Orb) but that's how it is.
LMAO based off Data Eduan’s initial reaction and everyone at the last station, yes it is rare!

Honestly we have no idea where EVK’s actual powers begin or end! Her orb could be from the ancient!

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Can we then say that the Bow method only moves Living Beings and whatever clothing (or small items) on them, whereas The Thorn Will Move just about anything, like the ship and its occupants? Perhaps there is also a distance or domain limitation to the Bow and Souls. Also the Bow seems to be able to target multiple locations to distribute what's being teleported. Yet another thing SIU should explain better.
No, because Baam used the bow to move the small ship containing the Rankers back at the Nest.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't rule it out but to me it's hard to ignore that there have been at least several instances of B being depicted with a needle and the black march which seems connected to him. When it comes to positions I am not sure I buy an orb user being a fisherman. Being strict about it a fisherman has to engage with shineuh in close quarters which is why durability is associated with them. An orb is not ideal for this. No idea of how internal quality control would work with an orb... So far it's been used with electricity and iirc with zahard's golden shinwonryu bang but shapes have not been used to this end yet. If V was an orb user then he'd be a wave controller... and most likely strictly inferior to blosom and gustang in that department. I could buy bam having the black colored shinsoo from his father and the orb shape from his mother though.
Why not? Fisherman is a Position, your Shinsoo Attributes aren't something you can decide. If a Fisherman has an Orb Attribute he'll have to make do with it since that's his talent. A.A. is a good example, he wanted to ignore his Spear Bearer talent and focus on being a Light Bearer only but with his Ice Spear Attribute and the needs to get stronger he has to improve both. Data Eduan said that V had the strongest Tension(higher than Blossom, who was the best Wave Controller) and used this trait of him to train Baam, who turned out to have an Orb Attribute, Data Zahard said that only those with exceptional Tension have this attribute so it makes no sense for V to not have an Orb Attribute. Baam's strong Tension is inherited from V.

LMAO based off Data Eduan’s initial reaction and everyone at the last station, yes it is rare!

Honestly we have no idea where EVK’s actual powers begin or end! Her orb could be from the ancient!
Where did Data Eduan said that it's rare? He only said that A.A.'s Ice Spear was a rare one in his family.

Evankhell is an Orb User and its official name is Rare Orb. Doesn't matter if it's from an Ancient or not.

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
A.A. is a good example, he wanted to ignore his Spear Bearer talent and focus on being a Light Bearer only but with his Ice Spear Attribute
Funnily enough, AA specifically went with Light Bearer because he knew he couldn't beat Eduan as Spear Bearer. But as fate wanted otherwise, AA got potential as Spear Bearer anyway

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Funnily enough, AA specifically went with Light Bearer because he knew he couldn't beat Eduan as Spear Bearer. But as fate wanted otherwise, AA got potential as Spear Bearer anyway
Hachuling was the first doing it tho.
AA is not the first kid of edhan trying to
Deny the fact that they are natural spear bearer
Daddy issues is the strongest being in tower of god
It motivates everybody to do something agains FHs LMAO

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Why not? Fisherman is a Position, your Shinsoo Attributes aren't something you can decide. If a Fisherman has an Orb Attribute he'll have to make do with it since that's his talent. A.A. is a good example, he wanted to ignore his Spear Bearer talent and focus on being a Light Bearer only but with his Ice Spear Attribute and the needs to get stronger he has to improve both. Data Eduan said that V had the strongest Tension(higher than Blossom, who was the best Wave Controller) and used this trait of him to train Baam, who turned out to have an Orb Attribute, Data Zahard said that only those with exceptional Tension have this attribute so it makes no sense for V to not have an Orb Attribute. Baam's strong Tension is inherited from V.
Positions aren't a choice thing either in the vast majority of cases though. When it comes to traditional positions and their function in terms of shineuh hunting your specks and talents are pretty much what defines whether you can do the job. You do the positions you have a talent for and it's pretty clear that shinsoo attributes tie into this. Of course some folk can perform multiple or even all positions. Aguero is an asshat for actively and purposely ignoring his talents.

To me it's a bit of a reach that V's first attribute could have been an orb while he also had the fisherman position and was also an inferior wave controller to both blosom and gustang. Add to that this would be from a time where positions and combat with shineuh was more relevant than in the current story as the great warriors engaged with shineuh constantly as far as the lore tells us. I feel like it'd be cheating if SIU shows V with a needle as often as he has in the few depictions we have seen of him without that being his first attribute.

Tsdreamss

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a feeling that butterfly-bug creature on the first floor mural is the so called “ god of nature “ khun was referring too.

Those machines Icarus and the GW faced must’ve also been from the machine civilisation

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I have a feeling that butterfly-bug creature on the first floor mural is the so called “ god of nature “ khun was referring too.

Those machines Icarus and the GW faced must’ve also been from the machine civilisation
The Machine god is an AI
god of nature is the father of
All lives in the tower.

every challenges GW faced were test giving by the admins, the admins used the GW to beat and conquer the creations of those gods.

the god of guardians of the hell train said that Zahard and FHs ruined the tower.

This guy MACSETH and his institution the workshop know everything about it

Hints:
•Macseth was present in the Tower before Zahard and the Great Warriors entered the Tower. He was critical in helping them climb The Tower. It can be said almost everything that can be called "science" in the Tower originates from him.

•Gustang and Macseth (The Great Father of The Workshop) often get together to exchange stories.

•The Workshop,
According to Macseth it also exists outside the Tower and no-one knows its origin, its ultimate ambition is to find the order and reason of all creation in the world. And by doing so, to know how to recreate all such creation and with that, become a god of all creation.

We can said that Macseth achieved his goal to recreate “gods creation” all the engineering in the tower is created by the workshop and he achieved to create artificial life, he got 4 sons that are androids with AI and very powerfull beings at that also they replace their father as the leader of all the projects in the workshop since its father retired after crafting white oat.

There’s 2 FH directly connected with Macseth
One is Gustang and the the other who work with
A branch of the workshop called the “blacksmith”
Tu Tperie Perie

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have always felt/seen

Where did Data Eduan said that it's rare? He only said that A.A.'s Ice Spear was a rare one in his family.

Evankhell is an Orb User and its official name is Rare Orb. Doesn't matter if it's from an Ancient or not.
I completely agree, that a Position is not an attribute, rather the position should match an individuals attributes, in order for the individual to function well on behalf of the team. Rak would not be the best fisherman and would be a horrible scout and an Abyssmal lightbearer.

Currently Bam would be a poor light bearer, but he could be a scout or fisherman. Khunn is a lightbearer, but could easily be a spear bearer if he didn't hate the idea, Androssi as a princess of Jahad could also be a fisherman or scout. Bam is looking like he could eventually take any position except lightbearer and if his shinsoo arrows can be adapted to offensive modes that could qualify as spearbearer of sorts.